Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2013, 05:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Anyone see this viral video of the police shooting the dog in CA

Hawthorne, Ca Police Kill Dog(1) - YouTube

Man was yelling at police while they were responding to an armed robbery. The guys dog gets loose out of the car and the police shoot it. It's making a lot of news now
Cubs_rock21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:00 PM   #2 (permalink)

Makes me sick... Pathetic.
Nyfancam01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:00 PM   #3 (permalink)

holy #@#@#@#@ that was horrible
Old 07-02-2013, 06:03 PM   #4 (permalink)

The officer appeared to step towards the dog just before shooting.

This is said...
Old 07-02-2013, 06:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

WOW, that saddens me. What a bad cop. I didnt need to see that. I hope that cop is fired and charged. The cops had no business messing with that guy
BroncosFAN#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

I wish I hadn't watched that. My stomach is in knots now
w8lifter28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Stupid pigs
Roymunson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Terrible, absolutely terrible.
theautographkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:38 PM   #9 (permalink)

Watched it yesterday. Not sure if you posted the shorter or longer version but in the beginning the guy pulls up and blasts his music in a tense situation (armed robbery call). I just feel bad for the dog...

Here's the owner:
Latest videos

Last edited by xbignick; 07-02-2013 at 06:40 PM.
xbignick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:08 PM   #10 (permalink)

well honestly as much as I am a dog lover I can see the officer's point of view too. Trying to deal with the owner of the dog and detain him while you have an aggressive dog jumping out of the car window and running towards the police and its owner. Now we all do not know what was said between the owner and the officers while the dog was in close proximity but the dog right before the officer opened fire lunged at the officer.

Sucks what happens and that its a bad result for everyone involved but could have easily been avoided
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:48 PM   #11 (permalink)

I'm not even going to watch, but I've heard about it. So sad. Seems like it could have been avoided. Sucks.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:16 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duwal View Post
well honestly as much as I am a dog lover I can see the officer's point of view too. Trying to deal with the owner of the dog and detain him while you have an aggressive dog jumping out of the car window and running towards the police and its owner. Now we all do not know what was said between the owner and the officers while the dog was in close proximity but the dog right before the officer opened fire lunged at the officer.

Sucks what happens and that its a bad result for everyone involved but could have easily been avoided

Agreed.......,

Crap for trade-
https://picasaweb.google.com/103658828018382987910
NonSportsCardForum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:44 PM   #13 (permalink)

It's a shame the dog had to pay for its owner's stupidity. The dog attacked the police during a high-stress situation with an idiot of an owner making things significantly worse than it should've been. It's too bad what happened to the dog, but it's owner is the one to blame.
lambeauleap87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:05 PM   #14 (permalink)

pathetic no good scumbags they could have calmed the dog down he should go to prison how could he do that poor owner. and when it is twitching on the ground put it out of it misery!!! how could somebody be evil enough to do that

I am completely sickened by this. I cant believe what I just saw. its the dog nature to protect its owner! its not his fault! how about to taze the dog and stun it an secure it! I just cant believe that.
ray34allen21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:08 PM   #15 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by w8lifter28 View Post
I wish I hadn't watched that. My stomach is in knots now
I've stopped watching things like this altogether. I still never have seen that dude beating on that chick in the home invasion or whatever. Not that I'm trying to pretend this things never exist but there really is no point in watching every single thing presented to you. Very easy to just not click the link(s).
Old 07-02-2013, 09:37 PM   #16 (permalink)

Unreal....any idea if that officer was sued/released? And what did that guy even do wrong to get arrested in the first place?

Last edited by stripedbass91; 07-02-2013 at 09:40 PM.
stripedbass91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:51 PM   #17 (permalink)

Horrible to say but that would have been much less distressing if the dog had been out down instantly instead of being in pain like that.... Still ugh... No winners in any of this.

That guy for stopping to enjoy the scenery and leaving his windows down on his car ... Sigh

An age old lesson: If there's a police standoff, go home and watch it on TV.

Thing is too, the cop tried to grab the dog

Last edited by Nicnac; 07-02-2013 at 09:53 PM.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:02 PM   #18 (permalink)

All cops had to do is look at the signs, dog was on a leash, well groomed, and the owner drove a Prius. That dog wasn't biting anyone, all the cops had to do was let the guy calm his dog down and than take him in.

The whole thing started when the guy was yelling to the cops, why there weren't any black cops out there.
Cubs_rock21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:11 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
I've stopped watching things like this altogether. I still never have seen that dude beating on that chick in the home invasion or whatever. Not that I'm trying to pretend this things never exist but there really is no point in watching every single thing presented to you. Very easy to just not click the link(s).
It's like a car wreck. Don't wanna look but can't help it
w8lifter28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:14 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubs_rock21 View Post
All cops had to do is look at the signs, dog was on a leash, well groomed, and the owner drove a Prius. That dog wasn't biting anyone, all the cops had to do was let the guy calm his dog down and than take him in.

The whole thing started when the guy was yelling to the cops, why there weren't any black cops out there.
Guy stops to record situation. Guy has music super loud. Guy taunts cops. Guy leaves windows all the way down. He has SOME level of blame in this.

In all this, the media has ignored the cop in Oklahoma City who saved a two year old from a kidnapper holding a knife to the kid's throat.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:30 PM   #21 (permalink)
Banned

Whoops..I just posted a thread about that. So sad and disgusting.
NoobCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:32 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roymunson View Post
Stupid pigs
There's a child for you.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:46 PM   #23 (permalink)

What he did was not illegal. He most likely will sue them and get something out of it. You can Legally record a cop in public NO MATTER what they are doing. There was an arrest warrent on my stupid ass neighbor and the cops came and busted in his front door and arrested him. I sat on my front porch and watched the whole thing with my fiance and recorded the whole thing. I even had "Back Up" come over and ask me to stop recording and I replied "No, I'm not doing anything Illegal." the cop simply smurked and walked away, Like he should have done. I even Implied to him that I was concealing a weapon as well, like I always do. People have rights. Alot of people dont like to use them. BUT WE DO. The cops in the situation SHOULD NOT HAVE arrested the guy IF he was only recording them in Public. That cop should be put on release for wrongfully discharging his weapon. They could have had the owner grab the dog and put him back in the car. Cops feel as if they have a higher ranking then civilians. Which they dont. The cops were in the wrong on this one.

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
DanShakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:46 PM   #24 (permalink)
Banned

After the dog was shot to death, Rosby was taken to the police station and spent a night in jail on suspicion of obstruction. He was released Monday morning. He claims police were out to get him because of previous encounters with officers. Rosby already filed six complaints against the Hawthorne Police Department for mistreatment and racial profiling.

“There’s been a pattern of harassment against him and other African-Americans in Hawthorne,” Rosby’s attorney, Michael Gulden, told the Daily Breeze. “Last July, the police responded to his home and beat him unnecessarily, then threw him in jail for no reason. We sued for that. We’ll amend that complaint to include the dog incident.”
JoshHamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:49 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanShakespeare View Post
What he did was not illegal. He most likely will sue them and get something out of it. You can Legally record a cop in public NO MATTER what they are doing. There was an arrest warrent on my stupid ass neighbor and the cops came and busted in his front door and arrested him. I sat on my front porch and watched the whole thing with my fiance and recorded the whole thing. I even had "Back Up" come over and ask me to stop recording and I replied "No, I'm not doing anything Illegal." the cop simply smurked and walked away, Like he should have done. I even Implied to him that I was concealing a weapon as well, like I always do. People have rights. Alot of people dont like to use them. BUT WE DO. The cops in the situation SHOULD NOT HAVE arrested the guy IF he was only recording them in Public. That cop should be put on release for wrongfully discharging his weapon. They could have had the owner grab the dog and put him back in the car. Cops feel as if they have a higher ranking then civilians. Which they dont. The cops were in the wrong on this one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshHamilton View Post
After the dog was shot to death, Rosby was taken to the police station and spent a night in jail on suspicion of obstruction. He was released Monday morning. He claims police were out to get him because of previous encounters with officers. Rosby already filed six complaints against the Hawthorne Police Department for mistreatment and racial profiling.

“There’s been a pattern of harassment against him and other African-Americans in Hawthorne,” Rosby’s attorney, Michael Gulden, told the Daily Breeze. “Last July, the police responded to his home and beat him unnecessarily, then threw him in jail for no reason. We sued for that. We’ll amend that complaint to include the dog incident.”
If he was arrested on a charge such as suspicion of obstruction (like you mentioned above), then the police didn't do anything wrong. If he was keeping them from doing their job in what was an armed robbery (or similar situation), then I don't see what's wrong in arresting him. He wasn't simply filming like those that actually filmed the video that's gone viral.

On top of that, it sounds like the guy that was arrested is a nutjob himself.
lambeauleap87 is offline   Reply With Quote