Blowout Cards Forums
2014 holiday shipping promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2013, 09:51 PM   #26 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm8418 View Post
Watch Dogs looks amazing but won't have a tenth of the replay value of GTA V

systems don't usually drop in price for a few years unless they started out super high or a stripped down model comes out
The 360 did ? Wait it out for 6-12 months, and you can buy a used model for a lot less then a brand new model
brendenw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:29 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendenw View Post
The 360 did ? Wait it out for 6-12 months, and you can buy a used model for a lot less then a brand new model
But look at the PS3 1 edition re-sale values compared to other editions.

The CECHA01's (1st Edition) sell for more
Old 07-09-2013, 10:35 PM   #28 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendenw View Post
it only dropped in price because the Elite edition came out. So yes the weaker model did drop in price but the one everyone wanted ended up costing more.
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:47 PM   #29 (permalink)
Banned

Well the advantages of waiting are the price will be cheaper (usually), more games will be out, and most bugs and such will be worked out
brendenw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:49 PM   #30 (permalink)

I was really pumped for Watch Dogs since I loved the fact that it was set in Chicago and thats where I live, but after seeing this trailer..... damn
Old 07-09-2013, 10:56 PM   #31 (permalink)

I've never completed more than 40% of a GTA game, but that's because it's a huge sandbox game and I just like messing around in. V is going to be massive that I won't need any other games.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:06 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS239 View Post
I've been waiting for this game for a few months now..And this video just makes me want it even more now. Probably the only game I'll buy this year. Can't wait. I'll definitely be picking it up at midnight

Game of the year
I've been waiting since November 2, 2011 when the first trailer was released.

You don't know how hard it was when Rockstar didn't release any information over the next year.
vwnut13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:14 PM   #33 (permalink)

there's 3 releases. Regular 59.99, Special 79.99, and Collectors 149.99
Old 07-09-2013, 11:36 PM   #34 (permalink)

This will give The Last of Us a run for its money for best game of the year

If you haven't played The last of Us yet your missing out
Old 07-09-2013, 11:45 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post
This will give The Last of Us a run for its money for best game of the year

If you haven't played The last of Us yet your missing out
I'm almost done with it. I was not impressed. Good story, gameplay and graphics were meh.
My Bucket, always selling and trading: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kramerattack/library/
friarbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:30 AM   #36 (permalink)

For me, I just love any open world game.

GTA, Saints Row, Just Cause 2 (which is amazing, by the way), Tony Hawk's American Wasteland, etc...

Just give me a huge map, things to do, and I'll play your game.

Funny semi-story, though. When I was little, GTA III came out and all I knew was that there were cars in the game. I was obsessed with cars as a little kid. Hundreds upon hundred of Hot Wheels, Matchbox, model cards, etc... Any video the involved driving a car was in my Play Station 2.

At Blockbuster one day (which now closed - RIP), I saw GTA III and asked my Mom if I could rent it. She asked me the name and I said G-T-A. I said that there were cars in it and she said okay, not aware that it was actually known as Grand Theft Auto and rated M.

When I would play the game, all I would do is drive the car around the city. I wouldn't shoot people, beat up hookers, deal drugs, or anything. All I did was hold 'X' and move the joy stick.

When we returned it, I handed the case to the person at the desk and he said to my mom "Was he playing this game?" She said yes and he went on to tell her all the details about it and how it was a terrible game for kids to play. When we got home, I was sent to my room and we had a nice little talk about it. Now whenever my little brother (8 years old) wants to buy a game, my Mom will look at the case, search it online, and do anything to make sure it's appropriate.

-----

And, for the record, The Last Of Us is the best game I've ever played (very likely it will end up #2 to GTA V).

Last edited by centereacan06; 07-10-2013 at 12:41 AM.
centereacan06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:07 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwnut13 View Post
I've been waiting since November 2, 2011 when the first trailer was released.

You don't know how hard it was when Rockstar didn't release any information over the next year.
Somewhat of the same for me lol..I love all GTA games and have been anticipating this one since I saw a teaser trailer with a plane flying low over crops with people picking something, the plane spraying chemicals and killing them lol.

Then seeing more and more, this game is looking better and better. With GTA games, since they're spaced so far apart and get pushed back often, I tend to try not to anticipate it until it gets closer and has a for sure date lol.
CAS239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:27 AM   #38 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

lol, the 5 mins it took to watch 200 comments were made. I'll admit it looks great will def try it, didn't like GTA IV at all,
Follow Me On Twitter @SportCardBuffet
SportCardBuffet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:45 AM   #39 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by centereacan06 View Post
For me, I just love any open world game.

GTA, Saints Row, Just Cause 2 (which is amazing, by the way), Tony Hawk's American Wasteland, etc...

Just give me a huge map, things to do, and I'll play your game.

Funny semi-story, though. When I was little, GTA III came out and all I knew was that there were cars in the game. I was obsessed with cars as a little kid. Hundreds upon hundred of Hot Wheels, Matchbox, model cards, etc... Any video the involved driving a car was in my Play Station 2.

At Blockbuster one day (which now closed - RIP), I saw GTA III and asked my Mom if I could rent it. She asked me the name and I said G-T-A. I said that there were cars in it and she said okay, not aware that it was actually known as Grand Theft Auto and rated M.

When I would play the game, all I would do is drive the car around the city. I wouldn't shoot people, beat up hookers, deal drugs, or anything. All I did was hold 'X' and move the joy stick.

When we returned it, I handed the case to the person at the desk and he said to my mom "Was he playing this game?" She said yes and he went on to tell her all the details about it and how it was a terrible game for kids to play. When we got home, I was sent to my room and we had a nice little talk about it. Now whenever my little brother (8 years old) wants to buy a game, my Mom will look at the case, search it online, and do anything to make sure it's appropriate.

-----

And, for the record, The Last Of Us is the best game I've ever played (very likely it will end up #2 to GTA V).
I agree with you on all the games besides just cause you said. Im also a big fan of red dead redemption and sleeping dogs. I never was a huge ga fan but this year they stepped up.
Brandon2598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:50 AM   #40 (permalink)

Wow... Looks amazing!
eaglescubs555 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:56 PM   #41 (permalink)

Pre-ordered!
eBay sellers beware, I will leave you a neutral if you don't at least include a toploader when shipping a card. Feel free to block me if you don't ship with a toploader or secured card holder. That is all.
High-End Bucket: http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m627/AvenOZ/High-End%20and%20HTG/
CP3toOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:08 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm8418 View Post
I've never completed more than 40% of a GTA game, but that's because it's a huge sandbox game and I just like messing around in. V is going to be massive that I won't need any other games.
I'm in the same boat. I can't remember finishing one of them but I'm also a ways behind. The last GTA game I bought was on PS2.
tdmonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:45 PM   #43 (permalink)

I miss the original top-view GTA we played in computer class back in high school. that was a great game. i remember running over monks, oh how i hated monks.
VWBUS1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:47 PM   #44 (permalink)

I hope there are a ton of side missions for each individual character as well. It seems like they could have a full mission set for all 3, while also having the main story mode.
centereacan06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:43 AM   #45 (permalink)

What has me excited the most is the need to switch between the characters to complete missions. Thats gotta be awesome.

Alot of people are saying theyll hold off until the Ps4 for it but I wont be getting that within the first year so Im fine with the ps3. It looks just fine IMO.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:56 AM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
it's old but some of you might not have seen the Watch Dogs PS4 trailer:

Looks like an NSA smut video lol
Andrew Luck RIP Oscar Taveras
HBMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:14 PM   #47 (permalink)

I liked them all except san andreas, I think the only reason was because it forced me to use the analog stick and I wasn't happy about it.
jeffro318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:14 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro318 View Post
I liked them all except san andreas, I think the only reason was because it forced me to use the analog stick and I wasn't happy about it.
A lot of people didn't like it cause of the Rap influence but I liked that. Was more gang oriented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonSportsCardForum View Post
What has me excited the most is the need to switch between the characters to complete missions. Thats gotta be awesome.

Alot of people are saying theyll hold off until the Ps4 for it but I wont be getting that within the first year so Im fine with the ps3. It looks just fine IMO.
Why are people going to wait for PS4 when its not on PS4
Old 07-12-2013, 01:20 PM   #49 (permalink)

Is this a contest to see who has been waiting for this game the longest??

Game looks awesome, I only hope it comes to Xbox one cuz I can't see myself buying many more 360 games,

http://photobucket.com/TRADE___
115 positives on SCF
insane irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:59 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane irish View Post
Is this a contest to see who has been waiting for this game the longest??

Game looks awesome, I only hope it comes to Xbox one cuz I can't see myself buying many more 360 games,
it's not going to, don't expect a new GTA game on Xbox One or PS4 probably until like 2015/16 lol