Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2013, 06:15 PM   #51 (permalink)

As expected, the show and FX is catching heat over the gun violence in the opener fron the parents tv council.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:24 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonSportsCardForum View Post
As expected, the show and FX is catching heat over the gun violence in the opener fron the parents tv council.
They're saying when the live plus 7 day DVR watching numbers are final, it's going to be the most watched telecast in FX's history. Numbers 2 and 3 for FX single telecasts was the premieres of seasons 4 and 5

I don't think they give a damn about the PTC being up in arms about it.

Fact is, it's one of the most watched cable shows of all time, and FX's top rated show of all time.

FX is going to let Sutter do whatever he wants and I couldn't be happier about that.

Last edited by zonacats8; 09-12-2013 at 06:32 PM.
zonacats8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:51 PM   #53 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Finally got around to watching the season premiere (week old baby limits your time), and holy crap.

I don't think Navarro is the father figure for that boy. Judging by the amount of "healed" cutting scars on his arm, that kid had been carrying a ton of pain for a long time.

Really interested to see where this season goes. I can't imagine there isn't much of a story left to be told. Tara basically f'd herself by jacking up that chick, Jax is distracted in many different directions, and Clay will hopefully be dead by season's end (Tig, too).
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:01 AM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
Clay will hopefully be dead by season's end
I've given up hope of Clay dying until the final season

He should have died multiple times by now across many seasons and yet he's been kept around.

At this point I see them keeping him until the final season basically just so they can keep his name attached and have him apart of all the hype leading into the final season.

Then in the season 7 premiere is when he gets killed to start the season off on a bang
Old 09-26-2013, 01:24 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
I've given up hope of Clay dying until the final season

He should have died multiple times by now across many seasons and yet he's been kept around.

At this point I see them keeping him until the final season basically just so they can keep his name attached and have him apart of all the hype leading into the final season.

Then in the season 7 premiere is when he gets killed to start the season off on a bang
Yeah Sutter mentioned something about keeping Clay around, like he hinted at it, and the Jail scene was Opi reminisant, but of course Clay always has all these options laid in front of him..........ugh........so is Tig bye bye or...........?
http://s421.photobucket.com/albums/pp297/Koppper/Sports%20Card%20Collection/
Koppper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 02:40 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppper View Post
Yeah Sutter mentioned something about keeping Clay around, like he hinted at it, and the Jail scene was Opi reminisant, but of course Clay always has all these options laid in front of him..........ugh........so is Tig bye bye or...........?
I was very much wondering if Tig was killed, thought it was weird how they wouldn't have shown his death though. So then I was thinking that maybe he told them how Pope really was killed, but I'm not sure that would be the Tig thing to do, or if he even realized it was Jax who set him up.

But then in the preview for next week, they showed the club burning a cut inside a grave, so I just have to assume it's Tig as I can't see some other member getting killed off at this point in the next episode.

I think things are really going to start to get crazy in the next episode, can't wait
Old 09-26-2013, 02:53 PM   #57 (permalink)

Tig wouldn't have anything to tell that guy considering im pretty sure he already knows and allowed it. At least that's what ive always thought
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:10 AM   #58 (permalink)

Dunno if Im losing love for the show etc but so far Im just not being pulled in.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:32 AM   #59 (permalink)

Big story wrap up tonight. Knew a twist was coming. Looks like a very bloody rest of the season. The Tara thing is going to end bad IMO.
CollectorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:04 AM   #60 (permalink)

Great episode tonight. However, Kurt Sutter continues to push the boundaries of acceptable violence on basic cable. It entertains me to know that two men being sawed to pieces is acceptable, but a pair of naked boobs would cause a riot. Gotta love America.

http://s1159.photobucket.com/albums/p623/Kingofkings1281/
Kingofkings1281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:53 AM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofkings1281 View Post
Great episode tonight. However, Kurt Sutter continues to push the boundaries of acceptable violence on basic cable. It entertains me to know that two men being sawed to pieces is acceptable, but a pair of naked boobs would cause a riot. Gotta love America.
The problem is that I guess you can show and do just about anything you want on TV, but the FCC will levy fines, it's just about how much the network is willing to spend on those fines for how far you can go.

And I'm getting the feeling that FX just doesn't care about having any oversight on this show anymore and is just letting Sutter do whatever he wants, and I'm loving it.

Hell, this season has been what, first two episodes both 2 hours long and the second two both 90 minutes?

Most networks don't just let their shows be however long the showrunner feels like making that particular episode., never have I seen another show not fit into it's regular timeslot as much as sons.

But that was a crazy good episode, saw none of that coming and I can't wait to see where they go with it next, $hit's about to hit the fan in a major way.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:58 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
The problem is that I guess you can show and do just about anything you want on TV, but the FCC will levy fines, it's just about how much the network is willing to spend on those fines for how far you can go.

And I'm getting the feeling that FX just doesn't care about having any oversight on this show anymore and is just letting Sutter do whatever he wants, and I'm loving it.

Hell, this season has been what, first two episodes both 2 hours long and the second two both 90 minutes?

Most networks don't just let their shows be however long the showrunner feels like making that particular episode., never have I seen another show not fit into it's regular timeslot as much as sons.

But that was a crazy good episode, saw none of that coming and I can't wait to see where they go with it next, $hit's about to hit the fan in a major way.
Yeah that was a great episode I was hooked the entire time. Some shows i'll kinda fade off like Marvel Agents of Shield....but Sons just keeps my interest the whole show.

Anyway, what a show last night really really enjoyed it and things are set up for one wild ride. Great work to Mr. Sutter!
http://s421.photobucket.com/albums/pp297/Koppper/Sports%20Card%20Collection/
Koppper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:29 AM   #63 (permalink)

The only thing im confused about by this weeks episode...

Why go to all the trouble of bringing in the angle with Toric...including having him set up Nero, and going even further by having the sherriff look into Toric and his background...

only to have him killed at the end of the episode
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:42 AM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub6238 View Post

Why go to all the trouble of bringing in the angle with Toric...including having him set up Nero, and going even further by having the sherriff look into Toric and his background...

The actor had other commitments. He was slated to have a season long story arc, but they had to quickly change that. I think you will see the DA take a bigger role now.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:05 PM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32 View Post
The actor had other commitments. He was slated to have a season long story arc, but they had to quickly change that. I think you will see the DA take a bigger role now.
Yep this is correct. Here's an article about it.

'Sons of Anarchy': Kurt Sutter and cast talk 'Wolfsangel' shockers | Inside TV | EW.com
CollectorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:37 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:

I liked his character, added an interesting twist to the storyline, but you knew he was going to get killed by the club somehow someway this season. And I think that with that conflict with the other show, it ended up working out to be a much better killing than whatever they probably had planned.

Since they kept saying he was signed on for the season and would be in 7-9 episodes, killing him off in ep 4 was just so unexpected. I was literally sitting there thinking, "geeze, this would be a perfect time for Otto to kill him, but he's still got another 5 or so episodes this seasons so it's obviously not going to happen."

I was just waiting for otto to pull the knife out and slice his own throat or "I didn't see that coming" so much better, and IMHO, one of the best lines in the history of the show.
Old 10-03-2013, 02:49 PM   #67 (permalink)

I love Sons but the shooting at the school was a bit much.
bballcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:28 AM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
I liked his character, added an interesting twist to the storyline, but you knew he was going to get killed by the club somehow someway this season. And I think that with that conflict with the other show, it ended up working out to be a much better killing than whatever they probably had planned.

Since they kept saying he was signed on for the season and would be in 7-9 episodes, killing him off in ep 4 was just so unexpected. I was literally sitting there thinking, "geeze, this would be a perfect time for Otto to kill him, but he's still got another 5 or so episodes this seasons so it's obviously not going to happen."

I was just waiting for otto to pull the knife out and slice his own throat or "I didn't see that coming" so much better, and IMHO, one of the best lines in the history of the show.
Well i didnt know about the conflict with another show..and also agree i didnt see it coming...

but it still doesnt make sense to have the sheriff "look into" him and his past, only to have him die

i dunno..maybe theyll tie it together somehow.

Also looks like Jax is losing complete control over whats left of the club...Tig seems to know something is up since he questioned if they were good, Chibs even questioned his motives. Jax is still iffy on Juice...Bobby is long gone...Clay in jail and excommunicated..

who does that leave..Happy? lol
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:32 AM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Well i didnt know about the conflict with another show..and also agree i didnt see it coming...

but it still doesnt make sense to have the sheriff "look into" him and his past, only to have him die

i dunno..maybe theyll tie it together somehow.

Also looks like Jax is losing complete control over whats left of the club...Tig seems to know something is up since he questioned if they were good, Chibs even questioned his motives. Jax is still iffy on Juice...Bobby is long gone...Clay in jail and excommunicated..

who does that leave..Happy? lol
The only thing I can think of is it keeps Nero off the hook long enough for him to find the real murder scene in the hotel room.

I was bummed he got knocked off so quick after Sutter saying he was signed for several episodes....oh well.

The way people are getting knocked off I wonder who will be left for a 7th season.

What are the odds Augustus made a deal with Tig and told him what Jax did and in exchange for his life, he has a wolf in the hen house?
Old 10-04-2013, 10:37 AM   #70 (permalink)

I think Jax has to go Nomad at some point--either by choice or by vote. He needs to get away from the club for a while to get some perspective.

I imagine when Tara goes through with the divorce or something ends up happening to her that will be what pushes him over the edge, if it's the choice scenario.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:57 AM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonSportsCardForum View Post
The only thing I can think of is it keeps Nero off the hook long enough for him to find the real murder scene in the hotel room.

I was bummed he got knocked off so quick after Sutter saying he was signed for several episodes....oh well.

The way people are getting knocked off I wonder who will be left for a 7th season.

What are the odds Augustus made a deal with Tig and told him what Jax did and in exchange for his life, he has a wolf in the hen house?
That's why it was so shocking, because they had been saying he was going to be in the majority of the episodes this season.

And I'm guessing now that he's dead, someone will be going in his hotel room that will surely have a blood stained floor that will exonerate Nero rather quickly.

And I honestly can't see any of the main members from the club left dying this season, I realize with this show anyone can die at any time, but with so little main cast left in the club, they can't go into the final season of the show with only like 4 or 5 regulars left from a cast that once had like 15 regulars.

I also fully expected the series to end with Jax leaving Charming with Tara and the boys, but now...........

I honestly think Jax will end up getting killed in the final episode of the series.

And I highly doubt August said anything to Tig, he needs Jax WAY more than he needs Tig from just a financial standpoint, Tig does him no good to have in his corner

Last edited by zonacats8; 10-04-2013 at 11:01 AM.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:03 AM   #72 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
That's why it was so shocking, because they had been saying he was going to be in the majority of the episodes this season.

And I'm guessing now that he's dead, someone will be going in his hotel room that will surely have a blood stained floor that will exonerate Nero rather quickly.

And I honestly can't see any of the main members from the club left dying this season, I realize with this show anyone can die at any time, but with so little main cast left in the club, they can't go into the final season of the show with only like 4 or 5 regulars left from a cast that once had like 15 regulars.

I also fully expected the series to end with Jax leaving Charming with Tara and the boys, but now...........

I honestly think Jax will end up getting killed in the final episode of the series
Or as MonkeyMcGee said, he could ride off into nomad land as the final episode of the series.

With all the lives being lost in the club, I think we see Munson come back and rejoin the guys. I was seriously shocked when Phil and the nomad were taken down, seriously surprised.

Was the point of leaving the KG9s in the Arian Brotherhood's place a way to pin the school shooting on them, and now that they're all supposedly dead, nothing more will come of it?
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:17 AM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
Or as MonkeyMcGee said, he could ride off into nomad land as the final episode of the series.

With all the lives being lost in the club, I think we see Munson come back and rejoin the guys. I was seriously shocked when Phil and the nomad were taken down, seriously surprised.

Was the point of leaving the KG9s in the Arian Brotherhood's place a way to pin the school shooting on them, and now that they're all supposedly dead, nothing more will come of it?
I think leaving the guns there really was just a way to get them off their hands, I don't think it was intended to make the school shooting look like the gun came from them. Especially since they probably would assume that they wouldn't be doing any business with the Mexican's given their natural hate for them.

But I did start thinking that bringing the AB back into the picture, it could be the start of Sutter working in a storyline to bring back Zobelle to finally get what he has coming from Jax.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:29 PM   #74 (permalink)

SONS TONIGHT!
bballcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:32 PM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
I think leaving the guns there really was just a way to get them off their hands, I don't think it was intended to make the school shooting look like the gun came from them. Especially since they probably would assume that they wouldn't be doing any business with the Mexican's given their natural hate for them
The Skinheads hate Mexicans, the Mexicans hate skinheads, but gangs love guns, and EVERYBODY loves cash. Pretty easy to think that the AB could have rationalized it as "selling them guns to kill each other off". I see the cops buying it, until something happens to point the finger back at the club.

I am a network admin. If you see me laughing, pray you have a recent backup.
Deathgate is offline   Reply With Quote