Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2013, 01:44 PM   #126 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
She was crying because her plan had completely failed and it was proof of had far she had gone to compromise herself--involving her boss in faking medical tests, lying to Jax about being pregnant, doing all kinds of Gemma-stuff along the way.
I don't know, it seemed to be more than that. Noone actually confirmed - not even Tara - that she wasn't actually pregnant. Even Lowen said, "I don't think she was" when confronted by Jax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollectorMan View Post
Right before Gemma walks into the room, Tara put a blood packet inside her dress. Then plunged onto it, busting the pack of blood everywhere. Giving the illusion of a miscarriage and the other doctor covering the medical exam. Pure deception.
I saw that, too, and I see where you guys are coming from, but I am still not completely convinced she wasn't pregnant, especially after the amount of emotion she poured out looking at the blood stain.

Favorite line from last night's episode: "I'll chill with ol' Wang Chung."
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:46 PM   #127 (permalink)

Her boss told Tara that Gemma had figured out they had faked the medical tests. They wouldn't have needed to do that if she was actually pregnant.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:48 PM   #128 (permalink)

Quote:
Her boss told Tara that Gemma had figured out they had faked the medical tests. They wouldn't have needed to do that if she was actually pregnant.
Valid point. I'm too stubborn, so at this point, I think she was pregnant.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:52 PM   #129 (permalink)

Wow this episode. Wow
Cavaliercards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:54 PM   #130 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaliercards View Post
Wow this episode. Wow
Currently in Seattle airport. Will be watching when I get home, albeit with captions on cause my wife will be sleeping and I'll be attempting to rock my daughter to sleep.

Priorities
Old 11-19-2013, 10:55 PM   #131 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaliercards View Post
Wow this episode. Wow
Ummm...I hate when they build stuff up then just blow it all up in 2 minutes. Bad storytelling.

Check me out on Sport Lots.
http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=mkeil250
fungi2510 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:56 PM   #132 (permalink)

Holyyyyyyyy sheeeeeeeeet
armyatc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:08 PM   #133 (permalink)

Crazyy!!!!!
bballcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:49 PM   #134 (permalink)

Haven't loved this season, but that was a great episode. I hope the last two stay at that level.
Old 11-20-2013, 12:37 AM   #135 (permalink)

What an absolutely horrendous episode of television. The sheer amount of idiocy displayed in terms of writing is mind bending. Kurt Sutter should have called up his friend Shawn Ryan to get some pointers on how to drive towards a final conflict/season. Pathetic.

http://s1159.photobucket.com/albums/p623/Kingofkings1281/
Kingofkings1281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 02:40 AM   #136 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofkings1281 View Post
What an absolutely horrendous episode of television. The sheer amount of idiocy displayed in terms of writing is mind bending. Kurt Sutter should have called up his friend Shawn Ryan to get some pointers on how to drive towards a final conflict/season. Pathetic.
What are you talking about? That was a very good episode. Feel free to write something dazzling and let us all know when it airs. My gawds the complainers these days.
CollectorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:03 AM   #137 (permalink)

Pretty sure this is my favorite season of them all. I started shaking after what happened tonight. I nowhere near expected it to go down that way...wow!
Old 11-20-2013, 03:05 AM   #138 (permalink)

Quote:
What are you talking about? That was a very good episode. Feel free to write something dazzling and let us all know when it airs. My gawds the complainers these days.
I haven't complained once through six seasons of this show. Tonight was just uninspired garbage. When you have to have Tara issue a mini monologue about why Clay was a bad guy, you've failed. He might as well have paused the episode and said "Hey guys, remember how much you used to hate Clay? Well, here's all of the reasons he should have been killed off two seasons ago. I have to remind you of all of that because his character is now more sympathetic than the ones you're supposed to be rooting for. My bad."

Old 11-20-2013, 03:09 AM   #139 (permalink)

Quote:
I haven't complained once through six seasons of this show. Tonight was just uninspired garbage. When you have to have Tara issue a mini monologue about why Clay was a bad guy, you've failed. He might as well have paused the episode and said "Hey guys, remember how much you used to hate Clay? Well, here's all of the reasons he should have been killed off two seasons ago. I have to remind you of all of that because his character is now more sympathetic than the ones you're supposed to be rooting for. My bad."
SMH. Off button works wonders. So does a muzzle. Kurt Sutter is one of the best writers on television. This was a huge episode for the series. Maybe you were just looking for something to complain about.
Old 11-20-2013, 03:17 AM   #140 (permalink)

Quote:
SMH. Off button works wonders. So does a muzzle. Kurt Sutter is one of the best writers on television. This was a huge episode for the series. Maybe you were just looking for something to complain about.
Sutter had been solid throughout this series until tonight. A few plot holes here and there, but nothing to complain about. Forgive me for fairly criticizing a show that I have followed for 6 years when it takes a huge misstep. If you enjoyed the lazy writing and buy that Jax personally outwitted local law enforcement, the DEA, the Chinese, his own wife, and the effing Irish mafia, then more power to you. Everyone has an opinion.

Old 11-20-2013, 03:29 AM   #141 (permalink)

I strongly disagree with your opinion on the lazy writing statement. Sutter had to rewrite a bulk of this season on the fly after Donal Logue had to leave for Vikings. It's really hard to write a spec. Its really hard. Let alone on the fly mid season with a rabid fan base. Sutter did a great job, and managed to take a second to acknowledge some of the shows backstory for people who are easily distracted and may have forgotten it.

Dude is a genius and his show is never predictable. Not easy in today's knowitall cynical world. I say that as someone who still hates him for killing Opie.
Old 11-20-2013, 03:47 AM   #142 (permalink)

Quote:
I strongly disagree with your opinion on the lazy writing statement. Sutter had to rewrite a bulk of this season on the fly after Donal Logue had to leave for Vikings. It's really hard to write a spec. Its really hard. Let alone on the fly mid season with a rabid fan base. Sutter did a great job, and managed to take a second to acknowledge some of the shows backstory for people who are easily distracted and may have forgotten it.

Dude is a genius and his show is never predictable. Not easy in today's knowitall cynical world. I say that as someone who still hates him for killing Opie.
I realize if Logue didn't have prior engagements, this might have shook out a little differently. I just have a huge problem with the most underhanded and evil character in the series going out looking like a sympathetic martyr. I had almost zero reaction to his death scene. I was just sitting there thinking "That's it?"

That being said, I'm extremely curious how he sets the stage for the final season over the next two episodes.

Old 11-20-2013, 09:19 AM   #143 (permalink)

I had always thought that there would be some kind of final accounting for John Teller's death before Clay was killed. From that perspective, I think that made Clay's last scene rather abrupt. However, I found it interesting that Sutter made it so that Gemma could see Clay when he was offed.

I love watching this show. I can't wait to see how Sutter wraps it up in the end. Does Jax' boys get away from the club life once and for all? And if so, is Jax able to walk away from that life as well? I hope Sutter's series finale is half as good as the Shield.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:23 AM   #144 (permalink)

I didnt think Clay would meet Mr. Mayhem until early next season. Gonna be interesting to see where it goes from here.

Guess the cartell stuff is done.

Ive got enough faith.

For some reason this season still isnt doing it for me as much as the others.

It will be interesting to see what spinoff is in talks. Sutter mentioned it but nothing beyond that.

Crap for trade-
https://picasaweb.google.com/103658828018382987910
NonSportsCardForum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:25 AM   #145 (permalink)

Quote:
Sutter had been solid throughout this series until tonight. A few plot holes here and there, but nothing to complain about. Forgive me for fairly criticizing a show that I have followed for 6 years when it takes a huge misstep. If you enjoyed the lazy writing and buy that Jax personally outwitted local law enforcement, the DEA, the Chinese, his own wife, and the effing Irish mafia, then more power to you. Everyone has an opinion.
I wouldn't say he's outwitted anyone just yet.

Like I said above, I haven't been real happy with this season in general for some of the reasons you've mentioned. Too much Jax-focused BS IMO, too much scheming, too many gotchas, too much wanting to be Breaking Bad.

This episode got back to the relationships, the MC, and why they do it. I like that stuff. And finally justice for all the people wronged by Clay. I disagree he was sympathetic this season.

As for Tara's "mini-monologue", I think that was less about explaining and more about Tara and Gemma realizing they did have something in common and Tara wondering what it means now that Clay is gone. Remember a lot of her "last straw" with Jax and the MC was about the fact that Clay didn't get taken out as she was promised.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:29 AM   #146 (permalink)

Quote:
I wouldn't say he's outwitted anyone just yet.
Damon Pope?

Crap for trade-
https://picasaweb.google.com/103658828018382987910
NonSportsCardForum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:54 AM   #147 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonSportsCardForum View Post
Damon Pope?
Right--but I meant in the list he gave: "local law enforcement, the DEA, the Chinese, his own wife, and the effing Irish mafia"

I think we need to see how this plays out before we can say he outwitted them.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:02 AM   #148 (permalink)

Jax has always been smarter than Clay, always, so to say/think he was incapable of scheming against all parties is short-handed.

I also think Tara's mini rant about why Clay deserved to die helped educate Nero on why Tara is as anti-club as she is. He has been trying to be the peacemaker to the Teller family, but really had no clue just how f'd up the "family" was.
Old 11-20-2013, 01:37 PM   #149 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
Jax has always been smarter than Clay, always, so to say/think he was incapable of scheming against all parties is short-handed.

I also think Tara's mini rant about why Clay deserved to die helped educate Nero on why Tara is as anti-club as she is. He has been trying to be the peacemaker to the Teller family, but really had no clue just how f'd up the "family" was.
This! Nero was just taken back by what she said, and he thought Tara was being too standoffish about the club....he now knows why. Great episode, and was not expecting that to happen at that time. Still some holes that need to be filled in, but damn they are really trying to cut all ties with the old SAMCRO. Felt nothing when Clay got whacked......not like OPIE!!!:turkey:
http://s421.photobucket.com/albums/pp297/Koppper/Sports%20Card%20Collection/
Koppper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 07:31 PM   #150 (permalink)

Speaking of Opie, last night's episode was the first episode that I noticed Jax had an Opie patch on the bottom front of his cut. Has it been there on previous episode and I missed it?