Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2013, 10:54 PM   #26 (permalink)

OH YEA, Start off with Bloody Marry's. Your golf game can only get better by 9 am... haha

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
DanShakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:08 PM   #27 (permalink)

Some tips that have helped me

1) don't try to kill the ball, nice and easy swing
2) keep your weight balanced on the balls of your feet and keep a steady back angle throughout the swing
3) keep your head still and eye on the ball through contact
4) keep the club face square to the ball, and when coming through it, act as if you are swinging in somewhat of a straight line (hard to describe). Ball will go straight all the time
5) if you hit a bad shot, don't let it get to you and focus on the next shot

GL and have fun
Old 07-17-2013, 11:12 PM   #28 (permalink)

Its all in the short game as well... when chipping, I personally lean forward and take a divot to put spin on the ball. When putting, imagine the club is like the hands of a clock. Take it back as far as you bring the putter through the ball. I also find more success putting the ball in the back of my stance when putting
Old 07-17-2013, 11:34 PM   #29 (permalink)

keep your head down and eyes on the ball, the saying goes "you never bring your head up to see a good shot". let the others watch your ball.

relax and have fun, you will do better.

http://s882.photobucket.com/albums/ac24/cardpimp79/FOOTBALL%20AUTOS%20FT/
19royaldecker87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:44 AM   #30 (permalink)

My advice for you is to drink heavily.
btimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:19 AM   #31 (permalink)

Dorf on Golf - YouTube

Here ya go.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:32 AM   #32 (permalink)

Well I just started golfing this summer. I am 34 and a little past my prime for sports that take athletic ability (plus it was taking two days for my muscles to recover), so I decided to pick up golf. I have went twice to the course and the driving range four or five times. I will tell you it's 90% mental. Don't get caught up in trying to crush the ball yet, you will swing and miss a lot!! Just relax drink as much as possible and be prepared to make fun of yourself. And SCREW the wedges!!! Wedges had to of been invented by the devil, they are pure evil!! If you are within 20 feet of the green just putt the ball onto the green.
thebear29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:35 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBLeeDBaTTLeReD View Post
Thanks guys, love the humor. For those that mentioned practicing kinda too late for that the tourney is Saturday. I originally wasn't even thinking of joining but the HR guy at work needed more people to complete the teams so I was a good sport about it and went ahead and joined. Hope the $30 are worth it, I'm sure I'll have a blast just saw the list of teams and I'm sure at least half have never golfed either so it makes me feel a little better.
$30?? Is this a Tiger Woods online tournament? Just enjoy the day. Have a few beers and don't go into it expecting any good to come from the golf.
carlo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:39 AM   #34 (permalink)

1. Drink, Drink, Drink
2. Don't worry about the prizes. Teams bring in "ringers" just to win these so don't expect to win unless you have some very good golfers
3. Teams cheat on scores, don't do that. Just go out and have fun
4. Prob the best advice BRING A LOT OF BALLS. It's your first time so your going to need them
Old 07-18-2013, 10:57 AM   #35 (permalink)

Drive for show,Putt for dough!

A lot of the guys I know who have monster drives can't putt for squat. The great part of a scramble is if you hit a bad shot,there are 3 other guys taking that same shot and one of them is bound to be a good one. My advice is concentrate on your putting using the advice others have said. On the green is where tournaments are won and lost.

I'm also a firm believer in the morning Bloody Mary and drinking throughout the day as long as it doesn't get too hot. In the end it's all about fun and comraderie with the boys so good luck and enjoy yourself.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:37 AM   #36 (permalink)

Just talk yourself up at how good you are .. Then you can all share a laugh ...
"Nothing in the world seems more important"
thebrokepoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:06 PM   #37 (permalink)

one more thing and most important

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:59 PM   #38 (permalink)

So I broke a driver our 3rd hole in, not my clubs so I'm stressed the feck out. Trying to drink the stress away but not really enjoying myself after that. Should've kept my ass at home.
Old 07-20-2013, 01:03 PM   #39 (permalink)

How did you break it?
zonacats8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:04 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
How did you break it?
Feck if i know, I swung and the ball and head flew.....
Old 07-20-2013, 01:11 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
So I broke a driver our 3rd hole in, not my clubs so I'm stressed the feck out. Trying to drink the stress away but not really enjoying myself after that. Should've kept my ass at home.
Don't stress. It'll take out the fun of the game/ drinking.

What kind of driver was it? A newer one? Did you hit the ground before the ball or did it just fly off?
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:15 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
Don't stress. It'll take out the fun of the game/ drinking.

What kind of driver was it? A newer one? Did you hit the ground before the ball or did it just fly off?
Taylor made is the brand, already googled it but nothing came up so I'm hoping it's an older model less expensive driver. I did not hit the ground...
Old 07-20-2013, 01:19 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Taylor made is the brand, already googled it but nothing came up so I'm hoping it's an older model less expensive driver. I did not hit the ground...
If you didn't hit the ground then it sounds like there was a defect with the club. If it was an older one it probably wasn't worth much anyway. I had an old taylor made that did the same thing. If it was a newer one the owner may be able to send it to TM to have it repaired. They fixed mine for free even though it was a couple years old.

Don't worry about it now. Just enjoy the day out.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:52 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
If you didn't hit the ground then it sounds like there was a defect with the club. If it was an older one it probably wasn't worth much anyway. I had an old taylor made that did the same thing. If it was a newer one the owner may be able to send it to TM to have it repaired. They fixed mine for free even though it was a couple years old.

Don't worry about it now. Just enjoy the day out.
Aww man just woke up and I'm so hung over, lol. Thanks for the words of encouragement, pounded a few more and got over it lol. Come to find out the driver was some 20 years old and meant nothing to the guy. Most fun I've had in a while. Our team sucked but we had a bunch of laughs, here's our trophy

Last edited by iBLeeDBaTTLeReD; 07-21-2013 at 02:00 AM.
iBLeeDBaTTLeReD is offline   Reply With Quote