Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2013, 10:46 PM   #526 (permalink)

Not to poke holes here, because I don't want to, it was really a good episode.

but...

...how did Walt get in touch with Badger and Skinny Pete after he'd been in exile for so long?
Old 09-29-2013, 10:49 PM   #527 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post

but...

...how did Walt get in touch with Badger and Skinny Pete after he'd been in exile for so long?
I'm sure that Walt had their contacts from the time he was working with Jesse.

As for them agreeing to see Walt after so long....those guys are not exactly the brightest bulbs, they would've jumped at the idea of getting any type of money.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:49 PM   #528 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post

but...

Hasn't been that long, not like they changed their numbers or were any surveillance. They were probably hanging out eating Cheetos and talking Star Trek/boobs and had a phone call from good ol' Uncle Walt.

Would think it wouldn't be that hard getting their numbers if he didn't already know them.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:50 PM   #529 (permalink)

I always regret buying each season of a show because the complete series is always bad ass.

Here is my question, Jesse still has his money right? The nazi's never took it from him. I know he was throwing it away, but he has SOME of it? OR did he lose all of it?
Old 09-29-2013, 10:55 PM   #530 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRalpho View Post
I always regret buying each season of a show because the complete series is always bad ass.

Here is my question, Jesse still has his money right? The nazi's never took it from him. I know he was throwing it away, but he has SOME of it? OR did he lose all of it?
I think he still has some of it....although, maybe when the cops took him in for questioning they might have taken it from him?

I'm not sure.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:56 PM   #531 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to free2131

I loved in the final scene when Walt looks into the metal tank, in the reflection we see what looks like Heisenberg.

It was a great finale... BUT one thing that did bother me is... why didn't the Nazi's check his trunk?
free2131 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:57 PM   #532 (permalink)

I am a sentimentalist, so I want to believe Jesse has a lot of money, like a lot of money left and is going to live his life wherever he wants.
Old 09-29-2013, 11:01 PM   #533 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2131 View Post
why didn't the Nazi's check his trunk?
Good point....but I think the reason they didn't check is because Walt was going inside to talk to the Nazis.

Even if there were something there, they would've never guessed that Walt could use it without actually being in his possession.

They simply underestimated him....he looked like a bum desperate for money after all.

Quote:
I am a sentimentalist, so I want to believe Jesse has a lot of money, like a lot of money left and is going to live his life wherever he wants.
I think any money he has left over would probably go to Brock (maybe not all of it, but a significant amount)....after all, he is now an orphan.
Old 09-29-2013, 11:03 PM   #534 (permalink)

Quote:
I loved in the final scene when Walt looks into the metal tank, in the reflection we see what looks like Heisenberg.

It was a great finale... BUT one thing that did bother me is... why didn't the Nazi's check his trunk?
Thought that as well, but then, why would they? Need to protect yourself and cover exposing yourself through audio/video. Wouldn't assume anything with a trunk on either of those.

Quote:

Sure he still has some somewhere, though I can't remember, but he may not even want it, think that's what part of the wood-building memory was about.

Wants out of the world and any memory of it hopefully, imagine him working some 9-5 clean job, though I'm sure there's evidence to prosecute him.
Old 09-29-2013, 11:08 PM   #535 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to free2131

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcampos View Post
Good point....but I think the reason they didn't check is because Walt was going inside to talk to the Nazis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
Thought that as well, but then, why would they? Need to protect yourself and cover exposing yourself through audio/video. Wouldn't assume anything with a trunk on either of those.
I just can't see them not checking the trunk of the car, especially since they know how smart Walt was, and how he could build bombs. It didn't really lower my enjoyment of the finale, but I do think is a pretty big plot hole.
free2131 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:13 PM   #536 (permalink)

Quote:
I just can't see them not checking the trunk of the car, especially since they know how smart Walt was, and how he could build bombs. It didn't really lower my enjoyment of the finale, but I do think is a pretty big plot hole.
I know what you're talking about....

I think when you see TV shows or movies or any type of storytelling medium, you have to suspend a little bit of logic.

I mean, I could also ask, how was Walt able to meet up with Skyler without the feds knowing about it?

Last edited by alexcampos; 09-29-2013 at 11:16 PM.
alexcampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:28 PM   #537 (permalink)

Quote:
I know what you're talking about....

I think when you see TV shows or movies or any type of storytelling medium, you have to suspend a little bit of logic.

I mean, I could also ask, how was Walt able to meet up with Skyler without the feds knowing about it?
feds only had those two idiots in the car eating popcorn watching skyler...walt came in and out the back door.

See my collection at: Bradshaw44.com
mindbinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:59 PM   #538 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindbinge View Post
feds only had those two idiots in the car eating popcorn watching skyler...walt came in and out the back door.
Well yeah....that's what I mean.

In real life, they wouldn't be so lax....and in real life maybe the nazis would've checked the trunk of Walt's car.
Old 09-30-2013, 12:05 AM   #539 (permalink)

Loved the show, amazing series, probably one of the best ever. For some reason though I wasn't as fully satisfied by this finale. Maybe because of some of the speculation articles and stuff people have said that came true. Oh well. Still a great show.

"Always with them negative waves"- Oddball
"Uh-uh, I don't tip"- Mr. Pink
ajlaxmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:15 AM   #540 (permalink)

As someone else pointed out on another board, Walt kind of finally built that robot Jesse asked about.
Old 09-30-2013, 12:32 AM   #541 (permalink)

Quote:
Well yeah....that's what I mean.

In real life, they wouldn't be so lax....and in real life maybe the nazis would've checked the trunk of Walt's car.
well if you want to go that far, they wouldn't have let him just park the car wherever he wanted either. lol.

Old 09-30-2013, 01:47 AM   #542 (permalink)

Quote:
HOLY SH!T!

What type of bullets were those?!?!?
30mm Depleted Uranium
Old 09-30-2013, 02:25 AM   #543 (permalink)

Welp....this sums it up:

And this is how I feel:

Last edited by alexcampos; 09-30-2013 at 02:28 AM.
alexcampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:33 AM   #544 (permalink)

After hearing Gilligan explain how they wanted the show to end, it made sense to me and I accepted it.

Nonetheless, it seemed a bit too straightforward in my opinion. I can appreciate how they told the story, I suppose I just expected a bigger surprise along the way at least.

Still awesome.
jeg2315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:59 AM   #545 (permalink)

How can anyone have a problem with the ending? I thought it ended the story quite well.

I am amused by the number of people in this thread and online that speak about Breaking Bad like they're some experts that have a deeper understanding of the show. They arrogantly shoot down other people's theories and hypotheses but then are proven wrong themselves.

I love(d) Breaking Bad, but absolutely hated it's fans.
Sikkcaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:29 AM   #546 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikkcaden View Post
How can anyone have a problem with the ending? I thought it ended the story quite well.

I am amused by the number of people in this thread and online that speak about Breaking Bad like they're some experts that have a deeper understanding of the show. They arrogantly shoot down other people's theories and hypotheses but then are proven wrong themselves.

It's the same type people that used to do that with movies. You just see it less now because most movies made now don't invite that level of scrutiny. Back in the Dark Ages, people did this with books. I even took an entire course about one book (Ulysses).

Last edited by monkeymcgee; 09-30-2013 at 09:31 AM.
monkeymcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:36 AM   #547 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikkcaden View Post

because everyone is allowed to have an opinion. I for one was not completely satisfied by the ending. i think the show was ended well, but i thought it was a bit predictable and it was just a bit underwhelming.

just because its your opinion, doesn't mean its right

Check out my eBay store for great cards at great prices! Everything set OBO!
HOFcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:44 AM   #548 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOFcollector View Post
because everyone is allowed to have an opinion. I for one was not completely satisfied by the ending. i think the show was ended well, but i thought it was a bit predictable and it was just a bit underwhelming.

just because its your opinion, doesn't mean its right
I thought it was a good ending, but as a fan i would have liked a 2 hour ending with a little more. They mentioned on talking bad that they had run out of budget money by the end and left some stuff out...so i guess that might have had something to do with it also.

Old 09-30-2013, 09:55 AM   #549 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindbinge View Post
I thought it was a good ending, but as a fan i would have liked a 2 hour ending with a little more. They mentioned on talking bad that they had run out of budget money by the end and left some stuff out...so i guess that might have had something to do with it also.
I don't understand how a show like this can run out of money haha. I'm not talking about like huge explosions and crazy twists, I just thought they should have had a bit more. I agree, i would have liked a two hour finale, there were way to many commercials during this episode.

When i saw the ending my first thought was that the blue product, Walt's product, was dying with him, and thats how the show ended. He killed the people making it (besides Jesse), he killed Lydia who was distributing it over seas, and he died in the lab, where this whole journey started. If that was the case, then he should have killed Jesse, because jesse knows how to make the blue stuff and it is always going to have that internal battle with right and wrong that he has had for 5 seasons.

The last episode was predictable in what happened, not so much as how (machine gun in the trunk was brilliant), but who died and how walt tied up loose ends.

Him giving his money to gretchen and elliot to give to walt jr was good, i didn't see that coming, but everyone knew something had to happen to Lydia, everyone knew that walt had to kill the nazi gang, everyone knew jesse had to kill todd somehow, walt had to do something to get Skylar out of trouble, he had to get his money to walt jr without him knowing it was from him, and he had to die.

Check out my eBay store for great cards at great prices! Everything set OBO!
HOFcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:58 AM   #550 (permalink)

The general crux of it was predictable. The massacre, the Ricin for Lydia, the freeing of Jesse, predictable. The Schwartzes, not predictable. Well written finale, well written series.

HE'S THE DEVIL. WHATEVER IS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN, THE REVERSE OPPOSITE HAPPENS! It always works out for Walt. He plans meticulously. He has tremendous luck (car keys from the visor). Could things have gone wrong in this episode? Sure! They could have searched the trunk, or not let him park next to the clubhouse, or a li'l ol' lady could have taken the Stevia, No car keys. He could have been caught sneaking into Skyler's apartment/housing development. He may not have taken a bullet in which he would have died in police custody, or had to kill himself. Skinny Pete and Badger may not have played along with Walt's plan (how did they have pinpoint accuracy on the laser pointer, anyway? I didn't see any binocs with them). Lots of things could have gone wrong. Jesse was assuredly supposed to die in the clubhouse as Uncle JAck's partner. He didn't plan on saving Jesse until he saw that he was being held captive.

It was wrapped up nicely, but I like the spoonfed ending to the story contasted to, say, Lost's ending. I wonder if Huell has left his apartment. And I assume Badger and SPete were making the calls Marie was upset about. The father in me was horribly saddened by Walt Jr.'s turn on Walt, predominately because "YOU KILLED UNCLE HANK!" (I started rewatching the series, and in the first two seasons, it's amazing what a crappy father Walt is and what a good father Hank is to Walt Jr.) It would have been nice to see Walt Jr. (not calling him Flynn) have realization that Walt DIDN'T kill Hank. Also, did we ever find out why Marie and Hank never had kids?

It's a shame we didn't get to see Walter Jr eating breakfast.

Last edited by Bob Loblaw; 09-30-2013 at 10:18 AM.
Bob Loblaw is offline   Reply With Quote