Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2013, 10:44 AM   #551 (permalink)
Member
 
calculusdork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 10,468
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
The general crux of it was predictable. The massacre, the Ricin for Lydia, the freeing of Jesse, predictable. The Schwartzes, not predictable. Well written finale, well written series.

HE'S THE DEVIL. WHATEVER IS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN, THE REVERSE OPPOSITE HAPPENS! It always works out for Walt. He plans meticulously. He has tremendous luck (car keys from the visor). Could things have gone wrong in this episode? Sure! They could have searched the trunk, or not let him park next to the clubhouse, or a li'l ol' lady could have taken the Stevia, No car keys. He could have been caught sneaking into Skyler's apartment/housing development. He may not have taken a bullet in which he would have died in police custody, or had to kill himself. Skinny Pete and Badger may not have played along with Walt's plan (how did they have pinpoint accuracy on the laser pointer, anyway? I didn't see any binocs with them). Lots of things could have gone wrong. Jesse was assuredly supposed to die in the clubhouse as Uncle JAck's partner. He didn't plan on saving Jesse until he saw that he was being held captive.

It was wrapped up nicely, but I like the spoonfed ending to the story contasted to, say, Lost's ending. I wonder if Huell has left his apartment. And I assume Badger and SPete were making the calls Marie was upset about. The father in me was horribly saddened by Walt Jr.'s turn on Walt, predominately because "YOU KILLED UNCLE HANK!" (I started rewatching the series, and in the first two seasons, it's amazing what a crappy father Walt is and what a good father Hank is to Walt Jr.) It would have been nice to see Walt Jr. (not calling him Flynn) have realization that Walt DIDN'T kill Hank. Also, did we ever find out why Marie and Hank never had kids?

It's a shame we didn't get to see Walter Jr eating breakfast.
I like and agree with this summary. In mathematics, no closed system can be both fully consistent and complete. In television, I'd say Vince Gilligan did just about as good as can be done. This is my favorite series of all time, and I am excited to go back and watch it again.
__________________
================================================================
~~~~~~ Looking for ALEX WOOD - 2013 Bowman Chrome/Draft Color (#/50 or less) ~~~~~~
================================================================
calculusdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:01 AM   #552 (permalink)
Member
 
Zerokruel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 6,502
Default

I think it was a great ending. A lot of shows try to carry it on longer that it's mean to go, to only see the show get worse and lose steam (maybe just get cancelled).

They planned 5 seasons, and stuck to it. Plus, the finale was done well. We've watched a lot of series finales, and I think a good a mount of them just miss entirely.
__________________
Currently looking for the following comic Books:
United Comics: 21,22,23,24,26
Tip Top: 173 & 184
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:15 AM   #553 (permalink)
Member
 
calculusdork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 10,468
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokruel View Post
I think it was a great ending. A lot of shows try to carry it on longer that it's mean to go, to only see the show get worse and lose steam (maybe just get cancelled).

They planned 5 seasons, and stuck to it. Plus, the finale was done well. We've watched a lot of series finales, and I think a good a mount of them just miss entirely.
There were so many "call-backs" in the finale that I lost count. Walt builds Jesse a "robot" to save their lives (first episode, Jesse asks Walt if they are building a robot) ... the clicking of the car key remote was in some ways reminiscent of Hector Salamanca ringing the bell ... too many others to count.
__________________
================================================================
~~~~~~ Looking for ALEX WOOD - 2013 Bowman Chrome/Draft Color (#/50 or less) ~~~~~~
================================================================
calculusdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:54 AM   #554 (permalink)
Member
 
xbignick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 12,372
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
The general crux of it was predictable. The massacre, the Ricin for Lydia, the freeing of Jesse, predictable. The Schwartzes, not predictable. Well written finale, well written series.

HE'S THE DEVIL. WHATEVER IS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN, THE REVERSE OPPOSITE HAPPENS! It always works out for Walt. He plans meticulously. He has tremendous luck (car keys from the visor). Could things have gone wrong in this episode? Sure! They could have searched the trunk, or not let him park next to the clubhouse, or a li'l ol' lady could have taken the Stevia, No car keys. He could have been caught sneaking into Skyler's apartment/housing development. He may not have taken a bullet in which he would have died in police custody, or had to kill himself. Skinny Pete and Badger may not have played along with Walt's plan (how did they have pinpoint accuracy on the laser pointer, anyway? I didn't see any binocs with them). Lots of things could have gone wrong. Jesse was assuredly supposed to die in the clubhouse as Uncle JAck's partner. He didn't plan on saving Jesse until he saw that he was being held captive.

It was wrapped up nicely, but I like the spoonfed ending to the story contasted to, say, Lost's ending. I wonder if Huell has left his apartment. And I assume Badger and SPete were making the calls Marie was upset about. The father in me was horribly saddened by Walt Jr.'s turn on Walt, predominately because "YOU KILLED UNCLE HANK!" (I started rewatching the series, and in the first two seasons, it's amazing what a crappy father Walt is and what a good father Hank is to Walt Jr.) It would have been nice to see Walt Jr. (not calling him Flynn) have realization that Walt DIDN'T kill Hank. Also, did we ever find out why Marie and Hank never had kids?

It's a shame we didn't get to see Walter Jr eating breakfast.
Was hoping we'd get a scene with him, Jesse, and Walt, but yeah, no chance it was happening with the way things were. Would have been an interesting one.
__________________
@xxbignick on twitter!
"Blowoutcards is a messageboard filled with experts on Ping pong. These highly trained experts told us they spoke to the President of the United States Mr. Haiku and he claims the card is fake since he faked it himself. Our 2 sources (easter bunny and a unicorn with 2 legs) explained this hobby is filled with crooks." -Unknown
xbignick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:56 AM   #555 (permalink)
Member
 
xbignick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 12,372
Default

__________________
@xxbignick on twitter!
"Blowoutcards is a messageboard filled with experts on Ping pong. These highly trained experts told us they spoke to the President of the United States Mr. Haiku and he claims the card is fake since he faked it himself. Our 2 sources (easter bunny and a unicorn with 2 legs) explained this hobby is filled with crooks." -Unknown
xbignick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:11 PM   #556 (permalink)
Member
 
Bob Loblaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bright House Networks Field
Posts: 4,078
Default

You're missing the caption .. . "Finally, it's JESSE'S TURN TO DRIVE!"
__________________
Buying your Phillies RC autos!
Bob Loblaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:14 PM   #557 (permalink)
Member
 
Bob Loblaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bright House Networks Field
Posts: 4,078
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
There were so many "call-backs" in the finale that I lost count. Walt builds Jesse a "robot" to save their lives (first episode, Jesse asks Walt if they are building a robot) ... the clicking of the car key remote was in some ways reminiscent of Hector Salamanca ringing the bell ... too many others to count.

The robot, yes. . . I caught that. The car key remote, I didn't see that as the same as Dio Hector dinging the bell... the bell meant "yes", and only in one episode was the bell the trigger for the bomb.

No one thought it was odd that an 89 Monte Carlo, or whatever it was, had a car alarm fob on it....?
__________________
Buying your Phillies RC autos!
Bob Loblaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:17 PM   #558 (permalink)
Member
 
Cactuspies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Great Pond of Metro Phoenix
Posts: 7,159
Default

maybe I missed it and I'll be watching again w/the little lady tonight, but who called the cops at the end and perfect arrival timing too? I doubt it was the noise of the bullets, those guys had much more going on which would have been louder, not to mention the smells coming out of the compound.

Also I was almost thinking Walt toured and died in the lab to basically show in the papers and news that he was still the one making it and not giving the nazi's the credit for being the meth king. I know Vince said it was more that he was thinking back and just knowing it was his lab design which got them from A to Z or something along those lines. It's all about his ego.

Also how's Jesse going to get brock? Kid is with child services or other family right?

Anyway, if you have to nitpick at holes then I think they did a damn good job of ending it. I loved it, had some shock moments, some knowns (the lydia and ricin) and they just did it the way it seems it should have ended.
__________________
Look at MEEEEEEE!!!
I SUPPORT #BostonStrong The One Fund & Parkinson's Research
http://sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=AzPats10
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:25 PM   #559 (permalink)
Member
 
calculusdork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 10,468
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
The robot, yes. . . I caught that. The car key remote, I didn't see that as the same as Dio Hector dinging the bell... the bell meant "yes", and only in one episode was the bell the trigger for the bomb.

No one thought it was odd that an 89 Monte Carlo, or whatever it was, had a car alarm fob on it....?
I only thought about it because, if you watch, Walt pushes the buttons on the remote like a million times before the trunk opens, lol.
__________________
================================================================
~~~~~~ Looking for ALEX WOOD - 2013 Bowman Chrome/Draft Color (#/50 or less) ~~~~~~
================================================================
calculusdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:40 PM   #560 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 774
Default

Greatest show of all time... And... Greatest thread of all time!!

Last edited by cardsharkk; 09-30-2013 at 04:42 PM.
cardsharkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:41 PM   #561 (permalink)
Member
 
nera20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 14,391
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuspies View Post
maybe I missed it and I'll be watching again w/the little lady tonight, but who called the cops at the end and perfect arrival timing too? I doubt it was the noise of the bullets, those guys had much more going on which would have been louder, not to mention the smells coming out of the compound.

Also I was almost thinking Walt toured and died in the lab to basically show in the papers and news that he was still the one making it and not giving the nazi's the credit for being the meth king. I know Vince said it was more that he was thinking back and just knowing it was his lab design which got them from A to Z or something along those lines. It's all about his ego.

Also how's Jesse going to get brock? Kid is with child services or other family right?

Anyway, if you have to nitpick at holes then I think they did a damn good job of ending it. I loved it, had some shock moments, some knowns (the lydia and ricin) and they just did it the way it seems it should have ended.
walt had asked skylar to call the cops
__________________
http://s1064.photobucket.com/albums/u380/mike11681/
I don't ship outside the USA.
nera20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:46 PM   #562 (permalink)
Member
 
natbornkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: bkNY
Posts: 14,141
Default

What happened to all the money the nazis stole from walt
__________________
this one goes out to some of the members
http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?title=dee-dee-dee-song&videoId=72779

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:54 PM   #563 (permalink)
Member
 
88horsepower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: South Bay, California
Posts: 4,003
Default

Personally, my only disappointment is that Lydia never got nekkid. Meow.
__________________
Colts Rookie Autograph Supercollector Since 1996
Current Most Wanted Non 1/1 Cards: 1999 Playoff Contenders SSD Speed Terrence Wilkins Auto, 2003 Leaf Limited Gold Monikers Dallas Clark Auto, 2005 Leaf Certified Materials Mirror Emerald Auto Marlin Jackson
88horsepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:20 PM   #564 (permalink)
Member
 
Incarnadine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 845
Default

Absolutely stunning ratings, 10.3 million viewers.

To put that number into context, the season 4 finale had 1.9 million, the finale for the first half of season 5 before the many months long break was 2.7 and the second last episode was 6.6.

That 10.3 is even more impressive when you consider it went head to head against Sunday Night Football and the season premiere of Homeland.

TV Ratings: 'Breaking Bad' Finale Smashes Records With 10.3 Million Viewers
Incarnadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:25 PM   #565 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,411
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incarnadine View Post
Absolutely stunning ratings, 10.3 million viewers.

To put that number into context, the season 4 finale had 1.9 million, the finale for the first half of season 5 before the many months long break was 2.7 and the second last episode was 6.6.

That 10.3 is even more impressive when you consider it went head to head against Sunday Night Football and the season premiere of Homeland.

TV Ratings: 'Breaking Bad' Finale Smashes Records With 10.3 Million Viewers
Wonder what happened to the ratings when Low Winter Shun came on?

Sorry to see Breaking Bad end. Walking Dead season 3 just released on Netflix. Guess I need to catch up so I have something else to fill my Sunday nights.
Frankp2311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:29 PM   #566 (permalink)
Member
 
Incarnadine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 845
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankp2311 View Post
Wonder what happened to the ratings when Low Winter Shun came on?

Sorry to see Breaking Bad end. Walking Dead season 3 just released on Netflix. Guess I need to catch up so I have something else to fill my Sunday nights.
Low Winter Sun is so god damned boring!

I made it through the pilot, the first 5 minutes showed some promise, but after that it got incredibly dull and I couldn't be bothered to check out any more episodes, but from what I've heard it hasn't gotten any better.
Incarnadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:31 PM   #567 (permalink)
Member
 
BoxBreaker72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,397
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankp2311 View Post
Wonder what happened to the ratings when Low Winter Shun came on?

Sorry to see Breaking Bad end. Walking Dead season 3 just released on Netflix. Guess I need to catch up so I have something else to fill my Sunday nights.
Boardwalk is a decent watch too, although it seems to have lost a step IMO.
BoxBreaker72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:57 PM   #568 (permalink)
Member
 
mindbinge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bristol, VA
Posts: 6,466
Default

i call it "Low Winter Ratings"...I hate that show...horrible show with horrible acting.

At first i thought it was going to be pretty good...i figured AMC has been on a run lately with good shows, but it's a total turd in the sandbox.

Hell on Wheels has one episode left...hate to see it go off again, hope it gets renewed for another season though because it's now my favorite show on TV...had they named it something else other than Hell on Wheels it probably would have been huge.
__________________
Super Collector - Looking for anything of Ahmad Bradshaw!-

See my collection at: Bradshaw44.com
mindbinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:58 PM   #569 (permalink)
Member
 
alexcampos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 5,068
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
What happened to all the money the nazis stole from walt
That will probably be one of the very few unknowns about this show....

Although I would say they probably hid it, but somewhere where it could be discovered.

I don't think they would bury it like Walt did.
__________________
1997 2003 2006 2012 2013
***Lifetime Miami Sports fan (Heat, Marlins, Dolphins, Panthers, Hurricanes, and FIU Panthers)***
alexcampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:03 PM   #570 (permalink)
Member
 
mindbinge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bristol, VA
Posts: 6,466
Default

i just assumed they had the money hidden in the compound and the feds will find it.
__________________
Super Collector - Looking for anything of Ahmad Bradshaw!-

See my collection at: Bradshaw44.com
mindbinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:10 PM   #571 (permalink)
Member
 
Gibberish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 6,880
Default




__________________
I Collect Marbles,Amazing Spider-man comics and tears! Mr. Sensitivity at your service

Last edited by Gibberish; 09-30-2013 at 08:12 PM.
Gibberish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:44 PM   #572 (permalink)
Member
 
natbornkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: bkNY
Posts: 14,141
Default





STILL A CLASSIC
__________________
this one goes out to some of the members
http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?title=dee-dee-dee-song&videoId=72779

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:46 PM   #573 (permalink)
Member
 
free2131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Alabama
Posts: 3,115
Send a message via Yahoo to free2131
Default

__________________
"Beliefs, they're the bullets of the wicked." - Serj Tankian
Braves PC - http://s989.photobucket.com/albums/af13/free2131/Braves%20PC/
Cal Ripken PC - http://s989.photobucket.com/albums/af13/free2131/Ripken%20PC/
free2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:08 PM   #574 (permalink)
Member
 
Incarnadine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 845
Default

Incarnadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:33 AM   #575 (permalink)
Member
 
groundsupport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,497
Send a message via AIM to groundsupport
Default

Greatest show ever... Though i wish they had 1 more episode to explain what happened to Jesse, where they found the money, what they did when they found Hank, and if Walt Jr ever got that money.
groundsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.