Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2013, 10:44 AM   #551 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
The general crux of it was predictable. The massacre, the Ricin for Lydia, the freeing of Jesse, predictable. The Schwartzes, not predictable. Well written finale, well written series.

HE'S THE DEVIL. WHATEVER IS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN, THE REVERSE OPPOSITE HAPPENS! It always works out for Walt. He plans meticulously. He has tremendous luck (car keys from the visor). Could things have gone wrong in this episode? Sure! They could have searched the trunk, or not let him park next to the clubhouse, or a li'l ol' lady could have taken the Stevia, No car keys. He could have been caught sneaking into Skyler's apartment/housing development. He may not have taken a bullet in which he would have died in police custody, or had to kill himself. Skinny Pete and Badger may not have played along with Walt's plan (how did they have pinpoint accuracy on the laser pointer, anyway? I didn't see any binocs with them). Lots of things could have gone wrong. Jesse was assuredly supposed to die in the clubhouse as Uncle JAck's partner. He didn't plan on saving Jesse until he saw that he was being held captive.

It was wrapped up nicely, but I like the spoonfed ending to the story contasted to, say, Lost's ending. I wonder if Huell has left his apartment. And I assume Badger and SPete were making the calls Marie was upset about. The father in me was horribly saddened by Walt Jr.'s turn on Walt, predominately because "YOU KILLED UNCLE HANK!" (I started rewatching the series, and in the first two seasons, it's amazing what a crappy father Walt is and what a good father Hank is to Walt Jr.) It would have been nice to see Walt Jr. (not calling him Flynn) have realization that Walt DIDN'T kill Hank. Also, did we ever find out why Marie and Hank never had kids?

It's a shame we didn't get to see Walter Jr eating breakfast.
I like and agree with this summary. In mathematics, no closed system can be both fully consistent and complete. In television, I'd say Vince Gilligan did just about as good as can be done. This is my favorite series of all time, and I am excited to go back and watch it again.
calculusdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:01 AM   #552 (permalink)

I think it was a great ending. A lot of shows try to carry it on longer that it's mean to go, to only see the show get worse and lose steam (maybe just get cancelled).

They planned 5 seasons, and stuck to it. Plus, the finale was done well. We've watched a lot of series finales, and I think a good a mount of them just miss entirely.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:15 AM   #553 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokruel View Post
I think it was a great ending. A lot of shows try to carry it on longer that it's mean to go, to only see the show get worse and lose steam (maybe just get cancelled).

They planned 5 seasons, and stuck to it. Plus, the finale was done well. We've watched a lot of series finales, and I think a good a mount of them just miss entirely.
There were so many "call-backs" in the finale that I lost count. Walt builds Jesse a "robot" to save their lives (first episode, Jesse asks Walt if they are building a robot) ... the clicking of the car key remote was in some ways reminiscent of Hector Salamanca ringing the bell ... too many others to count.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:54 AM   #554 (permalink)

Quote:
The general crux of it was predictable. The massacre, the Ricin for Lydia, the freeing of Jesse, predictable. The Schwartzes, not predictable. Well written finale, well written series.

HE'S THE DEVIL. WHATEVER IS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN, THE REVERSE OPPOSITE HAPPENS! It always works out for Walt. He plans meticulously. He has tremendous luck (car keys from the visor). Could things have gone wrong in this episode? Sure! They could have searched the trunk, or not let him park next to the clubhouse, or a li'l ol' lady could have taken the Stevia, No car keys. He could have been caught sneaking into Skyler's apartment/housing development. He may not have taken a bullet in which he would have died in police custody, or had to kill himself. Skinny Pete and Badger may not have played along with Walt's plan (how did they have pinpoint accuracy on the laser pointer, anyway? I didn't see any binocs with them). Lots of things could have gone wrong. Jesse was assuredly supposed to die in the clubhouse as Uncle JAck's partner. He didn't plan on saving Jesse until he saw that he was being held captive.

It was wrapped up nicely, but I like the spoonfed ending to the story contasted to, say, Lost's ending. I wonder if Huell has left his apartment. And I assume Badger and SPete were making the calls Marie was upset about. The father in me was horribly saddened by Walt Jr.'s turn on Walt, predominately because "YOU KILLED UNCLE HANK!" (I started rewatching the series, and in the first two seasons, it's amazing what a crappy father Walt is and what a good father Hank is to Walt Jr.) It would have been nice to see Walt Jr. (not calling him Flynn) have realization that Walt DIDN'T kill Hank. Also, did we ever find out why Marie and Hank never had kids?

It's a shame we didn't get to see Walter Jr eating breakfast.
Was hoping we'd get a scene with him, Jesse, and Walt, but yeah, no chance it was happening with the way things were. Would have been an interesting one.
"Blowoutcards is a messageboard filled with experts on Ping pong. These highly trained experts told us they spoke to the President of the United States Mr. Haiku and he claims the card is fake since he faked it himself. Our 2 sources (easter bunny and a unicorn with 2 legs) explained this hobby is filled with crooks." -Unknown
xbignick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:56 AM   #555 (permalink)

"Blowoutcards is a messageboard filled with experts on Ping pong. These highly trained experts told us they spoke to the President of the United States Mr. Haiku and he claims the card is fake since he faked it himself. Our 2 sources (easter bunny and a unicorn with 2 legs) explained this hobby is filled with crooks." -Unknown
xbignick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:11 PM   #556 (permalink)

You're missing the caption .. . "Finally, it's JESSE'S TURN TO DRIVE!"
Old 09-30-2013, 12:14 PM   #557 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
There were so many "call-backs" in the finale that I lost count. Walt builds Jesse a "robot" to save their lives (first episode, Jesse asks Walt if they are building a robot) ... the clicking of the car key remote was in some ways reminiscent of Hector Salamanca ringing the bell ... too many others to count.

The robot, yes. . . I caught that. The car key remote, I didn't see that as the same as Dio Hector dinging the bell... the bell meant "yes", and only in one episode was the bell the trigger for the bomb.

No one thought it was odd that an 89 Monte Carlo, or whatever it was, had a car alarm fob on it....?
Old 09-30-2013, 12:17 PM   #558 (permalink)

maybe I missed it and I'll be watching again w/the little lady tonight, but who called the cops at the end and perfect arrival timing too? I doubt it was the noise of the bullets, those guys had much more going on which would have been louder, not to mention the smells coming out of the compound.

Also I was almost thinking Walt toured and died in the lab to basically show in the papers and news that he was still the one making it and not giving the nazi's the credit for being the meth king. I know Vince said it was more that he was thinking back and just knowing it was his lab design which got them from A to Z or something along those lines. It's all about his ego.

Also how's Jesse going to get brock? Kid is with child services or other family right?

Anyway, if you have to nitpick at holes then I think they did a damn good job of ending it. I loved it, had some shock moments, some knowns (the lydia and ricin) and they just did it the way it seems it should have ended.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:25 PM   #559 (permalink)

Quote:
The robot, yes. . . I caught that. The car key remote, I didn't see that as the same as Dio Hector dinging the bell... the bell meant "yes", and only in one episode was the bell the trigger for the bomb.

No one thought it was odd that an 89 Monte Carlo, or whatever it was, had a car alarm fob on it....?
I only thought about it because, if you watch, Walt pushes the buttons on the remote like a million times before the trunk opens, lol.
Old 09-30-2013, 04:40 PM   #560 (permalink)

Greatest show of all time... And... Greatest thread of all time!!

Last edited by cardsharkk; 09-30-2013 at 04:42 PM.
cardsharkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:41 PM   #561 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuspies View Post
maybe I missed it and I'll be watching again w/the little lady tonight, but who called the cops at the end and perfect arrival timing too? I doubt it was the noise of the bullets, those guys had much more going on which would have been louder, not to mention the smells coming out of the compound.

Also I was almost thinking Walt toured and died in the lab to basically show in the papers and news that he was still the one making it and not giving the nazi's the credit for being the meth king. I know Vince said it was more that he was thinking back and just knowing it was his lab design which got them from A to Z or something along those lines. It's all about his ego.

Also how's Jesse going to get brock? Kid is with child services or other family right?

Anyway, if you have to nitpick at holes then I think they did a damn good job of ending it. I loved it, had some shock moments, some knowns (the lydia and ricin) and they just did it the way it seems it should have ended.
walt had asked skylar to call the cops
Old 09-30-2013, 04:46 PM   #562 (permalink)

What happened to all the money the nazis stole from walt

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:54 PM   #563 (permalink)

Personally, my only disappointment is that Lydia never got nekkid. Meow.
Current Most Wanted Non 1/1 Cards: 1999 Playoff Contenders SSD Speed Terrence Wilkins Auto, 2003 Leaf Limited Gold Monikers Dallas Clark Auto, 2005 Leaf Certified Materials Mirror Emerald Auto Marlin Jackson
88horsepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:20 PM   #564 (permalink)

Absolutely stunning ratings, 10.3 million viewers.

To put that number into context, the season 4 finale had 1.9 million, the finale for the first half of season 5 before the many months long break was 2.7 and the second last episode was 6.6.

That 10.3 is even more impressive when you consider it went head to head against Sunday Night Football and the season premiere of Homeland.

TV Ratings: 'Breaking Bad' Finale Smashes Records With 10.3 Million Viewers
Incarnadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:25 PM   #565 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incarnadine View Post
Absolutely stunning ratings, 10.3 million viewers.

To put that number into context, the season 4 finale had 1.9 million, the finale for the first half of season 5 before the many months long break was 2.7 and the second last episode was 6.6.

That 10.3 is even more impressive when you consider it went head to head against Sunday Night Football and the season premiere of Homeland.

TV Ratings: 'Breaking Bad' Finale Smashes Records With 10.3 Million Viewers
Wonder what happened to the ratings when Low Winter Shun came on?

Sorry to see Breaking Bad end. Walking Dead season 3 just released on Netflix. Guess I need to catch up so I have something else to fill my Sunday nights.
Frankp2311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:29 PM   #566 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankp2311 View Post

Sorry to see Breaking Bad end. Walking Dead season 3 just released on Netflix. Guess I need to catch up so I have something else to fill my Sunday nights.
Low Winter Sun is so god damned boring!

I made it through the pilot, the first 5 minutes showed some promise, but after that it got incredibly dull and I couldn't be bothered to check out any more episodes, but from what I've heard it hasn't gotten any better.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:31 PM   #567 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankp2311 View Post

Boardwalk is a decent watch too, although it seems to have lost a step IMO.
BoxBreaker72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:57 PM   #568 (permalink)

i call it "Low Winter Ratings"...I hate that show...horrible show with horrible acting.

At first i thought it was going to be pretty good...i figured AMC has been on a run lately with good shows, but it's a total turd in the sandbox.

Hell on Wheels has one episode left...hate to see it go off again, hope it gets renewed for another season though because it's now my favorite show on TV...had they named it something else other than Hell on Wheels it probably would have been huge.

See my collection at: Bradshaw44.com
mindbinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:58 PM   #569 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
What happened to all the money the nazis stole from walt
That will probably be one of the very few unknowns about this show....

Although I would say they probably hid it, but somewhere where it could be discovered.

I don't think they would bury it like Walt did.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:03 PM   #570 (permalink)

i just assumed they had the money hidden in the compound and the feds will find it.

See my collection at: Bradshaw44.com
mindbinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:10 PM   #571 (permalink)

Last edited by Gibberish; 09-30-2013 at 08:12 PM.
Gibberish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:44 PM   #572 (permalink)

STILL A CLASSIC

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:46 PM   #573 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to free2131

free2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:08 PM   #574 (permalink)

Old 10-01-2013, 08:33 AM   #575 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to groundsupport

Greatest show ever... Though i wish they had 1 more episode to explain what happened to Jesse, where they found the money, what they did when they found Hank, and if Walt Jr ever got that money.
groundsupport is offline   Reply With Quote