Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2013, 04:20 AM   #51 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4,557
Default





Last edited by duwal; 08-13-2013 at 04:27 AM.
duwal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 04:44 AM   #52 (permalink)
Member
 
xbignick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 11,839
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fucgoof View Post
Like the one I read today stating that an M60 (the gun in Walt's trunk) can hold 250 bullets so Walt wants to kill 250 people.
Haha, would think the guy was kidding with that one.

Anyway, once Walt mentioned multiple car washes I instantly thought of Gus' chicken chain.
__________________
@xxbignick on twitter!
I have been trained in profiling and im gonna tell you there is a 99.8% chance that Haiku is on this board still as an active member...Ill find him. Its only a matter of time.
xbignick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 05:15 PM   #53 (permalink)
Member
 
calculusdork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 10,059
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
Haha, would think the guy was kidding with that one.

Anyway, once Walt mentioned multiple car washes I instantly thought of Gus' chicken chain.
Yup ... this was the primary reason why Gus had so many restaurants, to launder the money.
__________________
================================================================
~~~~~~ Looking for ALEX WOOD - 2013 Bowman Chrome/Draft Color (#/50 or less) ~~~~~~
================================================================
calculusdork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 05:16 PM   #54 (permalink)
Member
 
calculusdork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 10,059
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooosh View Post
I am at Season 1, Episode 7. This show is a bit too hard for me.
Ooosh, to be perfectly honest ... the first 3-4 episodes were overwhelming when we first watched. We actually stopped after the "bathtub incident" ... it was a lot to take. After a couple of weeks we tried it again ... and now I consider it to be the best show I have ever seen.

The show actually backs off considerably from the first few episodes, but there are still occasional instances of shocking violence/gore.
__________________
================================================================
~~~~~~ Looking for ALEX WOOD - 2013 Bowman Chrome/Draft Color (#/50 or less) ~~~~~~
================================================================
calculusdork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 05:55 PM   #55 (permalink)
Member
 
groundsupport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,071
Send a message via AIM to groundsupport
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
Ooosh, to be perfectly honest ... the first 3-4 episodes were overwhelming when we first watched. We actually stopped after the "bathtub incident" ... it was a lot to take. After a couple of weeks we tried it again ... and now I consider it to be the best show I have ever seen.

The show actually backs off considerably from the first few episodes, but there are still occasional instances of shocking violence/gore.
Season 2 is fairly calm IMO. Yah you have a couple murders, but it's more story building then anything.

I'm just onto Season 3.
groundsupport is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:08 PM   #56 (permalink)
Member
 
xbignick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 11,839
Default

The coordinates:
http://i.imgur.com/3LaHvrE.png
__________________
@xxbignick on twitter!
I have been trained in profiling and im gonna tell you there is a 99.8% chance that Haiku is on this board still as an active member...Ill find him. Its only a matter of time.
xbignick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:20 PM   #57 (permalink)
Member
 
Ooosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,110
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
Ooosh, to be perfectly honest ... the first 3-4 episodes were overwhelming when we first watched. We actually stopped after the "bathtub incident" ... it was a lot to take. After a couple of weeks we tried it again ... and now I consider it to be the best show I have ever seen.

The show actually backs off considerably from the first few episodes, but there are still occasional instances of shocking violence/gore.
I am caught up. I hope Hank kills Walter. I do not like the show but it is a great way to waste time.
__________________
@Ooosh_E on Twitter
Collecting Travis Snider [looking for all blue or better 2006 Bowman Draft Chromes]
I have recently moved, so please make sure you have my new address
Ooosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:28 PM   #58 (permalink)
Member
 
xbignick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 11,839
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooosh View Post
I am caught up. I hope Hank kills Walter. I do not like the show but it is a great way to waste time.
__________________
@xxbignick on twitter!
I have been trained in profiling and im gonna tell you there is a 99.8% chance that Haiku is on this board still as an active member...Ill find him. Its only a matter of time.
xbignick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:30 PM   #59 (permalink)
Member
 
WCTYSON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Animal Farm
Posts: 16,276
Default

Skyler will kill Walter.
WCTYSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:35 PM   #60 (permalink)
Member
 
xbignick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 11,839
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCTYSON View Post
Skyler will kill Walter.
I've read a lot of Skyler kills Walter/Walter kills Skyler theories, but unless Walter wants Skyler to kill him to possibly get out of this (no hint of this in the future scenes), don't think it heads that way after that scene between them where he wanted to give himself up if she would keep the money. They've shown hints of the original Walter White - the proud guy that for the most part started doing this for his family.
__________________
@xxbignick on twitter!
I have been trained in profiling and im gonna tell you there is a 99.8% chance that Haiku is on this board still as an active member...Ill find him. Its only a matter of time.
xbignick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:39 PM   #61 (permalink)
Member
 
Ooosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,110
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
Okay. I hate Walter.
__________________
@Ooosh_E on Twitter
Collecting Travis Snider [looking for all blue or better 2006 Bowman Draft Chromes]
I have recently moved, so please make sure you have my new address
Ooosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:59 AM   #62 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 684
Default

by far my favorite line was tonights episode was "“Mexico, all’s I’m saying,” (says Huell)resting on Walt’s mountain of dollars, indulging in the fantasy of wealth and escape. “Guy hit 10 guys in jail within a two-minute window, ALL's IM SAYING! Kuby replies, LOVE IT
cardsharkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:18 AM   #63 (permalink)
Member
 
free2131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,860
Send a message via Yahoo to free2131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooosh View Post
I am at Season 1, Episode 7. This show is a bit too hard for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooosh View Post
I am caught up. I hope Hank kills Walter. I do not like the show but it is a great way to waste time.
Watching 4 seasons in 9 days says otherwise to me!

In all seriousness, even if you hate Walter, you have to admit that this is probably one of the top 5 best written shows in the history of television. What exactly is it that you don't like about it?
__________________
Braves PC - http://s989.photobucket.com/albums/af13/free2131/Braves%20PC/
Cal Ripken PC - http://s989.photobucket.com/albums/af13/free2131/Ripken%20PC/
"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them." - Albert Einstein
free2131 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:28 AM   #64 (permalink)
Member
 
centereacan06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Heart of Long Island
Posts: 10,568
Default

centereacan06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:39 AM   #65 (permalink)
Member
 
jeg2315's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 1,933
Default

This week's episode was like filler setup more than anything, in my opinion.

And man, I already hate Low Winter Sun. AMC whoring that Shield wannabe show like no other.
jeg2315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:56 AM   #66 (permalink)
Member
 
ilovethelakings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Mexico
Posts: 14,550
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by centereacan06 View Post
Sad, but true.
__________________
Looking for A&G sized minis and Topps Olympic relics, pins, etc. for my daughter and refractors for my son
Personal GU's Favs: Kings, Angels, Broncos, Packers, Steelers, international teams
Don't drink and break. It's the law.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:15 AM   #67 (permalink)
Member
 
Ooosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,110
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2131 View Post
Watching 4 seasons in 9 days says otherwise to me!

In all seriousness, even if you hate Walter, you have to admit that this is probably one of the top 5 best written shows in the history of television. What exactly is it that you don't like about it?
I had a vacation, with two weekends, so yes I powered through it. Mostly had it on in the background, had a couple "OH MY GOD" moments, but other than that I just don't like the show. Don't like the premise, don't like the characters. If you knew my favourite shows, you'd probably have a better understanding - all of them have very like-able characters.

I did like Mike, but you know what happened. I like Hank. I only kept watching it for Todd because he was on Friday Night Lights.
__________________
@Ooosh_E on Twitter
Collecting Travis Snider [looking for all blue or better 2006 Bowman Draft Chromes]
I have recently moved, so please make sure you have my new address
Ooosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:44 AM   #68 (permalink)
Member
 
calculusdork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 10,059
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooosh View Post
I had a vacation, with two weekends, so yes I powered through it. Mostly had it on in the background, had a couple "OH MY GOD" moments, but other than that I just don't like the show. Don't like the premise, don't like the characters. If you knew my favourite shows, you'd probably have a better understanding - all of them have very like-able characters.

I did like Mike, but you know what happened. I like Hank. I only kept watching it for Todd because he was on Friday Night Lights.
I would argue that Hank is one of the least likeable characters on the show.
__________________
================================================================
~~~~~~ Looking for ALEX WOOD - 2013 Bowman Chrome/Draft Color (#/50 or less) ~~~~~~
================================================================
calculusdork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:31 AM   #69 (permalink)
Member
 
Ooosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,110
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
I would argue that Hank is one of the least likeable characters on the show.
Why would you say that?
__________________
@Ooosh_E on Twitter
Collecting Travis Snider [looking for all blue or better 2006 Bowman Draft Chromes]
I have recently moved, so please make sure you have my new address
Ooosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:04 PM   #70 (permalink)
Member
 
calculusdork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 10,059
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooosh View Post
Why would you say that?
Because he is relentlessly arrogant.

While most of the characters shift back and forth between selfishness and selflessness during the course of the show (Walt is a good example of this), Hank only ever appears to be out for himself. Meaning, his primary end goal in catching Heisenberg is and always has been driven by ego -- to better himself and his career, and to be a hero. This desire is strangely refocused when he is injured and confined to a bed/wheelchair, and therefore unable to really work ... he suddenly becomes enamored by rare stones, and it is literally all he cares about. You really get to see Hank from the inside out during those episodes -- acute selfishness.

I know that might seem odd. Walt, Skylar, Jesse -- these characters have done some despicable things. Yet, at times they have shown that they are capable of extreme good. And while they have swayed back and forth on the continuum between good and evil, Hank has consistently maintained status somewhere left-of-center. And I just don't like that.

Discuss.
__________________
================================================================
~~~~~~ Looking for ALEX WOOD - 2013 Bowman Chrome/Draft Color (#/50 or less) ~~~~~~
================================================================

Last edited by calculusdork; 08-20-2013 at 02:06 PM.
calculusdork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:29 PM   #71 (permalink)
Member
 
SBelcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 420
Default

After knocking the show in another thread, I'm pretty sure I owe people an apology lol
I wasn't a fan after watching a few episodes, but after all the hype (and about half a dozen people telling me to watch it), I caved... and got completely sucked in.

Just finished season 3 last night, so I've still some catching up to do.
Well written, mostly plausible. I love to tension between characters.

I judged it way too quick.
SBelcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:35 PM   #72 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4,557
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBelcher View Post
After knocking the show in another thread, I'm pretty sure I owe people an apology lol
I wasn't a fan after watching a few episodes, but after all the hype (and about half a dozen people telling me to watch it), I caved... and got completely sucked in.

Just finished season 3 last night, so I've still some catching up to do.
Well written, mostly plausible. I love to tension between characters.

I judged it way too quick.

oh just wait for Season 4
duwal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:43 PM   #73 (permalink)
Member
 
calculusdork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 10,059
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by duwal View Post
oh just wait for Season 4
S4E1 will mess you up.
__________________
================================================================
~~~~~~ Looking for ALEX WOOD - 2013 Bowman Chrome/Draft Color (#/50 or less) ~~~~~~
================================================================
calculusdork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:16 PM   #74 (permalink)
Member
 
Ooosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,110
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
Because he is relentlessly arrogant.

While most of the characters shift back and forth between selfishness and selflessness during the course of the show (Walt is a good example of this), Hank only ever appears to be out for himself. Meaning, his primary end goal in catching Heisenberg is and always has been driven by ego -- to better himself and his career, and to be a hero. This desire is strangely refocused when he is injured and confined to a bed/wheelchair, and therefore unable to really work ... he suddenly becomes enamored by rare stones, and it is literally all he cares about. You really get to see Hank from the inside out during those episodes -- acute selfishness.

I know that might seem odd. Walt, Skylar, Jesse -- these characters have done some despicable things. Yet, at times they have shown that they are capable of extreme good. And while they have swayed back and forth on the continuum between good and evil, Hank has consistently maintained status somewhere left-of-center. And I just don't like that.

Discuss.
When Walt talks about providing for his family, he takes the most idiotic approach - meaning that he is not thinking about anything but quick and dangerous money. He is not a badass, he is a jackass.

I see Hank as a very strong, masculine character (). He is arrogant and rude at times, but I think his love for his annoying wife and niece and nephew really shine through and that is big for me. It may manifest itself in an odd way, and I agree he is not perfect but I do like him the best.
__________________
@Ooosh_E on Twitter
Collecting Travis Snider [looking for all blue or better 2006 Bowman Draft Chromes]
I have recently moved, so please make sure you have my new address
Ooosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:29 PM   #75 (permalink)
Member
 
Cactuspies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Non Desert Land Arizona
Posts: 7,021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooosh View Post
I had a vacation, with two weekends, so yes I powered through it. Mostly had it on in the background, had a couple "OH MY GOD" moments, but other than that I just don't like the show. Don't like the premise, don't like the characters. If you knew my favourite shows, you'd probably have a better understanding - all of them have very like-able characters.

I did like Mike, but you know what happened. I like Hank. I only kept watching it for Todd because he was on Friday Night Lights.
how do you feel about todd now? Or are you not current? he looks like anthony michael hall to me for some reason

Calc
hank is hank. if you were DEA wouldn't you want to keep moving up the chain and making youself the best you can be? The blue meth was his baby. He knew that Gus was bad way before anyone else did. He was nearly killed when he went to el paso and scarred from that. he was shot and nearly paralyzed, walt tossed them in a car accident, his wife is a klepto, sister in law is a 4 letter word that rhymes with hunt. There has to be someone in that show who can keep to who they really are. The latest episode does show some chinks in the armor though.

I missed the Talking Bad and we forgot to record it, so I don't know what was talked about or given away for spoilers, if any.
__________________
Show me what you have for Pound Puppies
I SUPPORT #BostonStrong The One Fund & Parkinson's Research
http://sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=AzPats10
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.