Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2013, 04:20 AM   #51 (permalink)

Last edited by duwal; 08-13-2013 at 04:27 AM.
duwal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 04:44 AM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fucgoof View Post
Like the one I read today stating that an M60 (the gun in Walt's trunk) can hold 250 bullets so Walt wants to kill 250 people.
Haha, would think the guy was kidding with that one.

Anyway, once Walt mentioned multiple car washes I instantly thought of Gus' chicken chain.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:15 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
Haha, would think the guy was kidding with that one.

Anyway, once Walt mentioned multiple car washes I instantly thought of Gus' chicken chain.
Yup ... this was the primary reason why Gus had so many restaurants, to launder the money.
calculusdork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 05:16 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooosh View Post
I am at Season 1, Episode 7. This show is a bit too hard for me.
Ooosh, to be perfectly honest ... the first 3-4 episodes were overwhelming when we first watched. We actually stopped after the "bathtub incident" ... it was a lot to take. After a couple of weeks we tried it again ... and now I consider it to be the best show I have ever seen.

The show actually backs off considerably from the first few episodes, but there are still occasional instances of shocking violence/gore.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:55 PM   #55 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to groundsupport

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
Ooosh, to be perfectly honest ... the first 3-4 episodes were overwhelming when we first watched. We actually stopped after the "bathtub incident" ... it was a lot to take. After a couple of weeks we tried it again ... and now I consider it to be the best show I have ever seen.

The show actually backs off considerably from the first few episodes, but there are still occasional instances of shocking violence/gore.
Season 2 is fairly calm IMO. Yah you have a couple murders, but it's more story building then anything.

I'm just onto Season 3.
groundsupport is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:08 PM   #56 (permalink)

The coordinates:
http://i.imgur.com/3LaHvrE.png
Old 08-18-2013, 10:20 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:

I am caught up. I hope Hank kills Walter. I do not like the show but it is a great way to waste time.
Ooosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:28 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
I am caught up. I hope Hank kills Walter. I do not like the show but it is a great way to waste time.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:30 PM   #59 (permalink)

Skyler will kill Walter.
WCTYSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:35 PM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCTYSON View Post
Skyler will kill Walter.
I've read a lot of Skyler kills Walter/Walter kills Skyler theories, but unless Walter wants Skyler to kill him to possibly get out of this (no hint of this in the future scenes), don't think it heads that way after that scene between them where he wanted to give himself up if she would keep the money. They've shown hints of the original Walter White - the proud guy that for the most part started doing this for his family.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:39 PM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
Okay. I hate Walter.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:59 AM   #62 (permalink)

by far my favorite line was tonights episode was "“Mexico, all’s I’m saying,” (says Huell)resting on Walt’s mountain of dollars, indulging in the fantasy of wealth and escape. “Guy hit 10 guys in jail within a two-minute window, ALL's IM SAYING! Kuby replies, LOVE IT
cardsharkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:18 AM   #63 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to free2131

Quote:
I am at Season 1, Episode 7. This show is a bit too hard for me.
Quote:
Watching 4 seasons in 9 days says otherwise to me!

In all seriousness, even if you hate Walter, you have to admit that this is probably one of the top 5 best written shows in the history of television. What exactly is it that you don't like about it?
free2131 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:28 AM   #64 (permalink)

centereacan06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:39 AM   #65 (permalink)

This week's episode was like filler setup more than anything, in my opinion.

And man, I already hate Low Winter Sun. AMC whoring that Shield wannabe show like no other.
jeg2315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:56 AM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by centereacan06 View Post
Sad, but true.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:15 AM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2131 View Post
Watching 4 seasons in 9 days says otherwise to me!

In all seriousness, even if you hate Walter, you have to admit that this is probably one of the top 5 best written shows in the history of television. What exactly is it that you don't like about it?
I had a vacation, with two weekends, so yes I powered through it. Mostly had it on in the background, had a couple "OH MY GOD" moments, but other than that I just don't like the show. Don't like the premise, don't like the characters. If you knew my favourite shows, you'd probably have a better understanding - all of them have very like-able characters.

I did like Mike, but you know what happened. I like Hank. I only kept watching it for Todd because he was on Friday Night Lights.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:44 AM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
I had a vacation, with two weekends, so yes I powered through it. Mostly had it on in the background, had a couple "OH MY GOD" moments, but other than that I just don't like the show. Don't like the premise, don't like the characters. If you knew my favourite shows, you'd probably have a better understanding - all of them have very like-able characters.

I did like Mike, but you know what happened. I like Hank. I only kept watching it for Todd because he was on Friday Night Lights.
I would argue that Hank is one of the least likeable characters on the show.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:31 AM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
I would argue that Hank is one of the least likeable characters on the show.
Why would you say that?
Old 08-20-2013, 02:04 PM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Why would you say that?
Because he is relentlessly arrogant.

While most of the characters shift back and forth between selfishness and selflessness during the course of the show (Walt is a good example of this), Hank only ever appears to be out for himself. Meaning, his primary end goal in catching Heisenberg is and always has been driven by ego -- to better himself and his career, and to be a hero. This desire is strangely refocused when he is injured and confined to a bed/wheelchair, and therefore unable to really work ... he suddenly becomes enamored by rare stones, and it is literally all he cares about. You really get to see Hank from the inside out during those episodes -- acute selfishness.

I know that might seem odd. Walt, Skylar, Jesse -- these characters have done some despicable things. Yet, at times they have shown that they are capable of extreme good. And while they have swayed back and forth on the continuum between good and evil, Hank has consistently maintained status somewhere left-of-center. And I just don't like that.

Discuss.

Last edited by calculusdork; 08-20-2013 at 02:06 PM.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:29 PM   #71 (permalink)

After knocking the show in another thread, I'm pretty sure I owe people an apology lol
I wasn't a fan after watching a few episodes, but after all the hype (and about half a dozen people telling me to watch it), I caved... and got completely sucked in.

Just finished season 3 last night, so I've still some catching up to do.
Well written, mostly plausible. I love to tension between characters.

I judged it way too quick.
SBelcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:35 PM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBelcher View Post
After knocking the show in another thread, I'm pretty sure I owe people an apology lol
I wasn't a fan after watching a few episodes, but after all the hype (and about half a dozen people telling me to watch it), I caved... and got completely sucked in.

Just finished season 3 last night, so I've still some catching up to do.
Well written, mostly plausible. I love to tension between characters.

I judged it way too quick.

oh just wait for Season 4
duwal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:43 PM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duwal View Post
oh just wait for Season 4
S4E1 will mess you up.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:16 PM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
Because he is relentlessly arrogant.

While most of the characters shift back and forth between selfishness and selflessness during the course of the show (Walt is a good example of this), Hank only ever appears to be out for himself. Meaning, his primary end goal in catching Heisenberg is and always has been driven by ego -- to better himself and his career, and to be a hero. This desire is strangely refocused when he is injured and confined to a bed/wheelchair, and therefore unable to really work ... he suddenly becomes enamored by rare stones, and it is literally all he cares about. You really get to see Hank from the inside out during those episodes -- acute selfishness.

I know that might seem odd. Walt, Skylar, Jesse -- these characters have done some despicable things. Yet, at times they have shown that they are capable of extreme good. And while they have swayed back and forth on the continuum between good and evil, Hank has consistently maintained status somewhere left-of-center. And I just don't like that.

Discuss.
When Walt talks about providing for his family, he takes the most idiotic approach - meaning that he is not thinking about anything but quick and dangerous money. He is not a badass, he is a jackass.

I see Hank as a very strong, masculine character (). He is arrogant and rude at times, but I think his love for his annoying wife and niece and nephew really shine through and that is big for me. It may manifest itself in an odd way, and I agree he is not perfect but I do like him the best.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:29 PM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:

how do you feel about todd now? Or are you not current? he looks like anthony michael hall to me for some reason

Calc
hank is hank. if you were DEA wouldn't you want to keep moving up the chain and making youself the best you can be? The blue meth was his baby. He knew that Gus was bad way before anyone else did. He was nearly killed when he went to el paso and scarred from that. he was shot and nearly paralyzed, walt tossed them in a car accident, his wife is a klepto, sister in law is a 4 letter word that rhymes with hunt. There has to be someone in that show who can keep to who they really are. The latest episode does show some chinks in the armor though.

I missed the Talking Bad and we forgot to record it, so I don't know what was talked about or given away for spoilers, if any.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote