Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2008, 12:00 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default CONTEST...Who will win???

I'm asking for your opinions and will reward the best ones with CASH!

I have already okayed this with Chris, so let's see if we can have some fun while helping me out at the same time.

As most of you know, I am an avid collector of 2007 SportKings. I am currently trying to put the entire Master set together which contains 534 cards, (in the master set that I want anyway), of which, I'm only 21 short. While putting this together, I have also acquired many of the 1/1 cards including several Made-to-Order cards. These unique cards, for those of you that might not know, can be redeemed for any player you want with a piece of their game-worn memorabilia. There are 3 different versions of these cards each limited to only 10, (30 total). Meaning, if everyone chooses different people to appear on theirs, these could all be 1/1s. The 3 different version are...Single, double and triple Made-to-Order cards.

My dilema:

I have 7 of these cards and no real idea who I want to choose to be on them.

I have 1 single, 4 doubles and 2 triples.

I'm going to start a new thread for each type of card, (so 3 different threads). I would like you to help me choose who to put in these cards, and be creative as to why you think so. I will then send in my cards to redeem for who you helped me choose. Those of you who helped me choose will get CASH.

I will send $10 to the winner of the single card.

I will send $15 to the winners of the double cards. (4 winners here)

I will send $20 to the winners of the triple cards. (2 winners here)

You are only limited to 2 different combinations for each card. This will keep someone from listing several to all combinations and not making it fair to everyone else. Also, I will be choosing these based on "why" and not just because you listed their names. So if someone already chose what/who you liked, but didn't explain why, give your reason(s) why, and if I like your reason, OR I liked your reason better, I will pay you. I will be the only judge in this contest, so you guys will have to trust me as to who wins, but everyone on here I believe knows I'm honest, and I will scan every single card once I get it back. Shipments of winning prizes will be made the following day of me receiving these cards back and posting scans. This contest will end when I have finally chosen combinations for all 7 cards.

What do you guys think? Will you help me out?

If so, please check out one or all 3 of the threads containing the cards you'd like to help me out with. I will cut and paste a list of all possibilities in each of those threads.

An example of what I'm looking for:

"I think you should choose Lou Ferrigno and Hulk Hogan to both be on the Double Made-to-Order card because they are both "Incredible Hulks".

Thank you in advance!

Matt Wheeler

Links to each contest:

Single Made-to-Order Contest

Double Made-to-Order Contest

Triple Made-to-Order Contest

Last edited by mwheeler27; 02-24-2008 at 12:30 AM.
mwheeler27 is online now   Reply With Quote