Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2013, 04:55 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default uggghhh. Just left the hospital. :(

My mom had surgery couple days ago on her right breast because the doctor had found a lump. the test came back today that it is indeed breast cancer... uggghhhh today was supposed to be a good day because its my daughter Ava's 3rd birthday.... my mom now has surgery Tuesday morning to go in and get the cancer out. hopefully it was detained just in her breast and hadn't spread any where else.. sick to my stomach right now.

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
DanShakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 05:00 PM   #2 (permalink)

Dan, so sorry to hear. Prayers are be sent for your Mother and your family.

Hang in there!
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 05:01 PM   #3 (permalink)

Geez Dan, not the kind of news I want to hear about anyone. I'm sorry, I don't blame you one bit for being upset. Oh man, well, just try and keep a positive outlook - like we've been doing for Connor and anyone else that is having trouble. Cancer sucks, and to me, and many, it is one of the most scary things. But, it is beatable, and everything with your Mom will be just fine. Everything will be alright my man. Keep your head up. I know that is hard to do, but it'll be ok. We're here for you, obviously.
Old 08-15-2013, 05:02 PM   #4 (permalink)

Prayers sent to you and your family. Hope everything goes well........
raydawg24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 05:16 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to Strasburg

If they caught it now, and it hasnt been there for long, she has a great chance of making it.

Ill keep you and your mother in my prayers.
Sent from U.S Airways WiFi
Strasburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 05:33 PM   #6 (permalink)

Very sorry my friend . We wish her the best . Hopefully they caught it early . My dad had his entire right lung removed a few years back from cancer . Still kicking along . The power and miracle of modern medicine is no joke, but either is cancer of any form . Gonna send a little of Team Connors luck and love your way my friend . Hope your daughter had a great birthday as well . Hope everything goes well .
"Nothing in the world seems more important"
thebrokepoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 05:43 PM   #7 (permalink)

Prayers sent out to you and your family as well Dan. Hoping only for the best. Keep that head up buddy
stripedbass91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 05:43 PM   #8 (permalink)

sorry to hear this dan. we all seem to have something going on right now. my grandmother was diagnosed last year w/BC and had it removed and had no issues afterwards. The docs were very leary of doing the surgery on someone her age (86 or 87at the time) she waited a while before mentioning a lump so it could have been worse.

I'll be rooting for her to pull though with no complications or suprises.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:00 PM   #9 (permalink)

saw your facebook post. tough luck, man. be strong for her.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:27 PM   #10 (permalink)

Here's hoping for the best. You know you have plenty of folks to talk to on here and the place that shall not be named if you've gotta talk to someone.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:36 PM   #11 (permalink)

Thoughts and prayers with you, but she should be A-OK

If the doc's removed the tumor and did a biopsy on it, that means there weren't clear signs that it was cancerous when they were in there. Now they found it was cancer the second surgery is to margin the tumor (i.e. remove surrounding normal tissue just to be on the safe side) and take out a couple of nearby lymph nodes. If it was advanced and/or macroscopically invading connective tissue or lymph nodes they would have removed them immediately and the pathology would have just been a formality to confirm. Best of luck, I know its definitely a tough thing to go through emotionally when it happens to someone you love.
rbb147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:38 PM   #12 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to groundsupport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanShakespeare View Post
My mom had surgery couple days ago on her right breast because the doctor had found a lump. the test came back today that it is indeed breast cancer... uggghhhh today was supposed to be a good day because its my daughter Ava's 3rd birthday.... my mom now has surgery Tuesday morning to go in and get the cancer out. hopefully it was detained just in her breast and hadn't spread any where else.. sick to my stomach right now.
Look at the good news.

The Lump has been found, and treatment will be underway. Found before it was inoperable.

Your daughter is 3 years old today!
groundsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:58 PM   #13 (permalink)

Sorry to read this Dan. Thoughts and prayers to your Mom and your family. Have faith and keeps your thoughts positive for her. Oh,and Happy Birthday to Ava!
Old 08-15-2013, 10:47 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
Dan, so sorry to hear. Prayers are be sent for your Mother and your family.

Hang in there!
Thanks Chris! Appreciate it my friend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNE_09 View Post
Geez Dan, not the kind of news I want to hear about anyone. I'm sorry, I don't blame you one bit for being upset. Oh man, well, just try and keep a positive outlook - like we've been doing for Connor and anyone else that is having trouble. Cancer sucks, and to me, and many, it is one of the most scary things. But, it is beatable, and everything with your Mom will be just fine. Everything will be alright my man. Keep your head up. I know that is hard to do, but it'll be ok. We're here for you, obviously.
Dennis. You have got to be the nicest dude I have ever had the privlege of knowing. I appreciate the kind words as always!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydawg24 View Post
Prayers sent to you and your family. Hope everything goes well........
Thanks buddy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strasburg View Post
If they caught it now, and it hasnt been there for long, she has a great chance of making it.

Ill keep you and your mother in my prayers.
I GUESS the lump had been there for a few years but doctors were not worried about it at her yearly check up because it had not "Changed colors" Or "Got bigger" but this last check up it had gotten darker and bigger I guess.. Thanks for the kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrokepoet View Post
Very sorry my friend . We wish her the best . Hopefully they caught it early . My dad had his entire right lung removed a few years back from cancer . Still kicking along . The power and miracle of modern medicine is no joke, but either is cancer of any form . Gonna send a little of Team Connors luck and love your way my friend . Hope your daughter had a great birthday as well . Hope everything goes well .
Thanks, Dustin! Everything is going fine right now, shes on pain killers and relaxers because she has been stressing out all day after she found out it was cancer. Hopefully she has been sleeping for a while now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedbass91 View Post
Prayers sent out to you and your family as well Dan. Hoping only for the best. Keep that head up buddy
Prayers are always welcome here my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuspies View Post
sorry to hear this dan. we all seem to have something going on right now. my grandmother was diagnosed last year w/BC and had it removed and had no issues afterwards. The docs were very leary of doing the surgery on someone her age (86 or 87at the time) she waited a while before mentioning a lump so it could have been worse.
I'll be rooting for her to pull though with no complications or suprises.
Im glad everything is going well with your grandma. Were not for sure of the stage yet, we will find that out on Tuesday. Hopefully its an easy in and out. Im praying for an easy one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
saw your facebook post. tough luck, man. be strong for her.
Being as strong as I can, Andy. Its tough though. Hopefully its early in the stage and everything will be alright. She has lost both parents to cancer as well and it was both very hard for her so im sure she is bugging out pretty bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
Here's hoping for the best. You know you have plenty of folks to talk to on here and the place that shall not be named if you've gotta talk to someone.
Thanks, Everett. I appreciate it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbb147 View Post
Thoughts and prayers with you, but she should be A-OK

If the doc's removed the tumor and did a biopsy on it, that means there weren't clear signs that it was cancerous when they were in there. Now they found it was cancer the second surgery is to margin the tumor (i.e. remove surrounding normal tissue just to be on the safe side) and take out a couple of nearby lymph nodes. If it was advanced and/or macroscopically invading connective tissue or lymph nodes they would have removed them immediately and the pathology would have just been a formality to confirm. Best of luck, I know its definitely a tough thing to go through emotionally when it happens to someone you love.
This sounds amazing and totally makes sense. I sure hope you are right. haha
They did say that most likely they would have to take some Lymph nodes out if the cancer did indeed dart out from her breast since the Nodes filter everything in that area. So im praying very hard that the cancer didnt make it through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundsupport View Post
Look at the good news.

The Lump has been found, and treatment will be underway. Found before it was inoperable.

Your daughter is 3 years old today!
I kept trying to tell my mom that and she wasn't having it. haha
They found it. Removed it. Going in to clean out some more and should be fine to go like she never had it. Shes Skeptic though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ld8759 View Post
Sorry to read this Dan. Thoughts and prayers to your Mom and your family. Have faith and keeps your thoughts positive for her. Oh,and Happy Birthday to Ava!
Lucy!
Thanks for the Happy Birthday to Ava, Shes spending the night at Jess's moms house tonight actually. kindof silent around here without her haha.
Thank you for the thoughts and prayers...

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:55 PM   #15 (permalink)

Love ya buddy. I mean that sincerely.
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:57 PM   #16 (permalink)

Well wishes sent your way.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:09 PM   #17 (permalink)

Wow, sorry to hear man. Your family will certainly be in my prayers tonight. Good luck to you and your mother. Hope everything goes well. As TrueNE_09 said, keep a positive outlook, everything will be fine.

Also, happy birthday to your daughter!
Old 08-15-2013, 11:10 PM   #18 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

I know how you are feeling as my son was diagnosed a while back. I felt helpless but stayed strong for him and my wife. I am happy to say that he is now cancer free.

I know that words typed in a thread on a forum can be just that, only words. However I want to say stay strong for those who can't be. I do not know you but I will keep DanShakespeare's mom in my prayers.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
marino5084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:22 PM   #19 (permalink)

Once again. I Appreciate everyone's kind words. Means alot!

Old 08-15-2013, 11:54 PM   #20 (permalink)

Dan, if you need to vent,we're all here for you.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:06 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino5084 View Post
I know how you are feeling as my son was diagnosed a while back. I felt helpless but stayed strong for him and my wife. I am happy to say that he is now cancer free.
So happy to hear about your son, that is great!

Dan - stay strong brother. Keep us updated when you can/want.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:09 AM   #22 (permalink)

Sorry Dan, I am here for you as well as the other's. Send PMs to people if you want to talk ever.
ManInTheMirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 01:21 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ld8759 View Post
Dan, if you need to vent,we're all here for you.
Will do Lucy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNE_09 View Post
So happy to hear about your son, that is great!

Dan - stay strong brother. Keep us updated when you can/want.
Ill keep this updated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
Sorry Dan, I am here for you as well as the other's. Send PMs to people if you want to talk ever.
Thanks, Eric! Appreciate it my friend.
By the way.. You EVER going to hit 1000 iTrader?! Whats taking you so long!?

Old 08-16-2013, 03:10 AM   #24 (permalink)

Damn bro, sorry to hear this about your mom. She seems like a really cool person on FB. Prayers going out to you and your family Dan. Feel free to hit me up here,FB,or by phone if you need anything.
Old 08-16-2013, 04:48 AM   #25 (permalink)

Best wishes to you and your family, thoughts and prayers as well.
jeffro318 is offline   Reply With Quote