Blowout Cards Forums
2014 holiday shipping promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2013, 09:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Is it possible to sell on here without going insane?????????????

Just a little vent sesh here.

So I have been testing my sanity and my patience on this website the last 3 days. i made a large sale thread on the baseball, basketball, and football boards.

I can't believe I'm still here to tell the tale to be honest. I have probably gone back and forth with at least 30 different members in pm's, and have made like 5 sales i think, and all for football cards.

i've been pretty good about being civil and reasonable with ppl, and the majority have been cool to talk to even if they don't buy. however i think i finally have hit my limit because i snapped on two ppl today, lol. i guess it was inevitable.

by far the quality of buyers as far as sport goes

1- potential football buyers
2- potential baseball buyers

.99 - potential basketball buyers.

lmfao.
Burt-Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:11 PM   #2 (permalink)

i have had absolutely no problem selling on here- in fact, i have probably sold to at least 200 people since i started selling in december
Old 08-24-2013, 09:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

If this thread is to advertise your sales threads atleast put the links here... haha
jeffro318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

It helps when you actually price your items, you know, how we all have to.
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:30 PM   #5 (permalink)

Just constructive criticism - put prices. When I see "per forum rules, I will list this for 3k", I just keep it moving.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:33 PM   #6 (permalink)

You want the buyer to make an offer on an individual card. I never make the first offer, it's your card, price it accordingly.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:37 PM   #7 (permalink)

You will find the prospective buyers will play far fewer games with you if you drop your make me an offer type sale threads.

My last several sales have gone great from a transactional standpoint because I clearly price my cards, detail postage costs, detail discounts available, advise that shipments will be made in bubble mailers, confirm that I am not trading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeel View Post
Just constructive criticism - put prices. When I see "per forum rules, I will list this for 3k", I just keep it moving.
How very true. This screams at the top of it's lungs "I am trouble, stay away"
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1964, 1967-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:46 PM   #8 (permalink)

I hate when sellers say..."I have no idea what this cards worth, throw out a offer" and ten you do and they get offended by the offer!!!! "Sorry I can't do it for that". Lol. I thought you didn't know the value. Pisses me off.

Bucket-http://s1138.photobucket.com/profile/bigmick33
bigmick33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:54 PM   #9 (permalink)

yeah but i just don't want to price it out, becuase it was such a bif lot of cards. maybe i need to just do smaller sales threads. i like fielding offers for the most part. like i said the majority are cool, but some of these ppl drive me nuts. this was more just a vent.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:55 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt-Reynolds View Post
yeah but i just don't want to price it out, i like fielding offers for the most part.
That's not how it works around here.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:55 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
yeah but i just don't want to price it out, becuase it was such a bif lot of cards. maybe i need to just do smaller sales threads. i like fielding offers for the most part. like i said the majority are cool, but some of these ppl drive me nuts. this was more just a vent.
Generally, that will not work here.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:56 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Well there's your answer. Buyers want prices, not being forced to make offers.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:01 PM   #13 (permalink)

My finally offer is 35 cents paypal sent as goods
for each card paid separately

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:30 PM   #14 (permalink)

Wow, you just do not get it If you don't want to follow the forum rules and just good selling strategy, then I cannot garner much sympathy from you when you get low ball offers.

Quote:
i like fielding offers for the most part. like i said the majority are cool, but some of these ppl drive me nuts. this was more just a vent.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1964, 1967-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:39 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
Wow, you just do not get it If you don't want to follow the forum rules and just good selling strategy, then I cannot garner much sympathy from you when you get low ball offers.
actually most ppl would pm me about what cards they like and ask for price. i would then price them out below ebay, and they would proceed to ignore me, or lowball me, some ppl were cool to work with though.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:42 PM   #16 (permalink)

Settle down, Bandit
tnarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:48 PM   #17 (permalink)

lmfao. like i said this was more of a vent here. i think just 3 straight days of trying to wheel and deal on the boards has wore me down. i also dropped about 1k on inventory this week too. been a crazy week.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:56 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
lmfao. like i said this was more of a vent here. i think just 3 straight days of trying to wheel and deal on the boards has wore me down. i also dropped about 1k on inventory this week too. been a crazy week.
If you had prices in your threads you would not be "wore out". It's as simply as that.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:14 AM   #19 (permalink)

Good to know I have some threads to report. Yeah boyyyyyyyy
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 04:20 AM   #20 (permalink)

I've tried selling numerous cards here. Sold all of 1 redemption code. Been low balled...severely. I guess people expect to get a card for 15%-40% below ebay.
Davesportscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 04:31 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeMan12406 View Post
Good to know I have some threads to report. Yeah boyyyyyyyy
lmfao. what a loser. you notice i posted as lots for 3000 right? but knock yourself out champ. what kind of kick do you get from that btw? another quality post by one of blowout's finest turd burglars. congrats.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:26 AM   #22 (permalink)

There are some things I don't have price in thread because they're too reliant on what exactly you want, so I post to message me and I will give you a price (no offering), not sure if that's against rules. I only do it for lots/non-cards though.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:42 AM   #23 (permalink)

Pretty big simple thing -- If you go by the rules, everything goes a lot simpler. I don't sell on here a lot. Mostly buy on here. Can find some great flips for selling on ebay every now & then.

The bumping rules & the volume of sellers on BO makes it just about impossible to get a good sales thread going.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:40 AM   #24 (permalink)

Yeah 99% of the threads that circumvent the rules .. i.e "3k for the lot but make offer for singles" ... I dont even look at the cards. I'll buy from someone who puts the work in to sell their cards. If its priced right I'll buy it, if its just a little high I'll make an offer, if its way off I'll move on. If someone doesnt want to take the time to sell then I wont take the time to look.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:09 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branesergen View Post
Yeah 99% of the threads that circumvent the rules .. i.e "3k for the lot but make offer for singles" ... I dont even look at the cards. I'll buy from someone who puts the work in to sell their cards. If its priced right I'll buy it, if its just a little high I'll make an offer, if its way off I'll move on. If someone doesnt want to take the time to sell then I wont take the time to look.
Agree 100%. Not aimed at OP ( never dealt with) but if time isn't taken to price cards then what confidence do I have that time will be taken to package properly, upload DC #, and leave feedback.
tamar3504 is online now   Reply With Quote