Blowout Cards Forums
Shop for NFL Draft Class of 2014 Nike Jerseys and New Era Draft Caps at NFLShop.com

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2013, 08:33 PM   #26 (permalink)
Member
 
lambeauleap87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 10,554
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highroller View Post
Just like on Facebook, all of the OSU fans come out in swarms after that game. Obviously they played like crap and escaped that game. It's amazing you guys act like your team has never played bad and won against a team you were supposed to destroy.
Akron hasn't beaten an FBS opponent since 2010. There's bad teams like San Diego State...then there's teams like Akron. Quite frankly, Michigan was hilariously bad today. I'm just sad Akron got robbed of the win because now I can't use Mark Titus's "Appalakron State" reference that was so fantastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP4MVP View Post
That M can be any program. So its not aimed towards Michigan
Please, for the sake of humanity, do not reproduce. If you're stupid enough to not get that...just no.
__________________
"Opening Day is coming soon, and even Obama can't take that away."
Actively Looking For Jose Ramirez Cards/Memorabilia
I collect Packers, former Ohio State Buckeyes, Blue Jackets, and Indians.
lambeauleap87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:24 AM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 18,169
Send a message via MSN to asujbl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundsupport View Post
I bet Michigan will be ranked higher when it comes time for Michigan to play OSU.
Absolutely worth a bump...
__________________
http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk269/ohiosundevils
Want to save 5-15% on your purchase? Check my feedback and pay via Check/MO/Cash
I do not ACCEPT or SEND Gift Payments - Thanks
asujbl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:52 PM   #28 (permalink)
Member
 
cyberpvnk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Cols, OH-IO
Posts: 3,000
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundsupport View Post
I bet Michigan will be ranked higher when it comes time for Michigan to play OSU.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA. Oh Really?
__________________
Bo Jackson - Ohio State Buckeyes - PSA 10 RC's
Bucket - http://s524.photobucket.com/user/kookeytalker/library/For%20Trade?sort=3&page=1
Getting out of collecting anything but OSU and Bo thanks to Panini's exclusive.
cyberpvnk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:50 PM   #29 (permalink)
Member
 
groundsupport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,229
Send a message via AIM to groundsupport
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asujbl View Post
Absolutely worth a bump...
I said that 2 months ago before the train wreck with the offensive line.

Laugh all you want when you're undefeated and not playing for a national title and a one loss team is.

Those who laugh last, laugh the loudest.
groundsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:58 PM   #30 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
tajikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 13,057
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundsupport View Post
I said that 2 months ago before the train wreck with the offensive line.

Laugh all you want when you're undefeated and not playing for a national title and a one loss team is.

Those who laugh last, laugh the loudest.
Which team will have the one loss? Bama isn't losing to either Auburn or Mizzou, and Florida State isn't losing to Florida or Miami (maybe). And even if either do and Ohio State doesn't, then they'll settle in at 2 at worst, and play for the National Championship (realism says Ohio State gets killed by 'Bama or Florida State).

Creative defense, though.
tajikey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:02 PM   #31 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 18,169
Send a message via MSN to asujbl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundsupport View Post
I said that 2 months ago before the train wreck with the offensive line.

Laugh all you want when you're undefeated and not playing for a national title and a one loss team is.

Those who laugh last, laugh the loudest.
And I'll take comfort in the fact that you are only a few weeks away from sending me money.
__________________
http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk269/ohiosundevils
Want to save 5-15% on your purchase? Check my feedback and pay via Check/MO/Cash
I do not ACCEPT or SEND Gift Payments - Thanks
asujbl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:07 PM   #32 (permalink)
Member
 
MI Rob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,316
Default

Michigan loses by 17+
MI Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:08 PM   #33 (permalink)
Member
 
groundsupport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,229
Send a message via AIM to groundsupport
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
Which team will have the one loss? Bama isn't losing to either Auburn or Mizzou, and Florida State isn't losing to Florida or Miami (maybe). And even if either do and Ohio State doesn't, then they'll settle in at 2 at worst, and play for the National Championship (realism says Ohio State gets killed by 'Bama or Florida State).

Creative defense, though.
Never say never in college football.

I believe you can agree that everyone outside of the Big 10 is dogging the Big 10.

If either Bama or Florida State loses once, then a world of crap will open up. There will be at least 5-6 teams who can make a case to play in the NT game. And due to the overall performance of the Big 10, it won't look good for OSU.
groundsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:09 PM   #34 (permalink)
Member
 
groundsupport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,229
Send a message via AIM to groundsupport
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asujbl View Post
And I'll take comfort in the fact that you are only a few weeks away from sending me money.
You are probably right.
groundsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:13 PM   #35 (permalink)
Member
 
jeffro318's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: ohio
Posts: 3,426
Default

Id put ohio state up against anyone this year. More so than any other recent year anyway. Offense good, defense, not so much.
jeffro318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:18 PM   #36 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
tajikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 13,057
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundsupport View Post
Never say never in college football.

I believe you can agree that everyone outside of the Big 10 is dogging the Big 10.

If either Bama or Florida State loses once, then a world of crap will open up. There will be at least 5-6 teams who can make a case to play in the NT game. And due to the overall performance of the Big 10, it won't look good for OSU.
Eh, Big 12 is the softest conference this year, so if Baylor wants to try and make an argument that they should jump tOSU, they can sure try. A second undefeated season in a row would trump any stance they have.

Stanford's one loss is a bad loss, and their big win is a small enough margin of victory win over a team ranked 2 higher than them that their stance would be soft, too.

You're right, never say never, but I just don't see Bama or FSU losing.
tajikey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:26 PM   #37 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 18,169
Send a message via MSN to asujbl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundsupport View Post
Never say never in college football.

I believe you can agree that everyone outside of the Big 10 is dogging the Big 10.

If either Bama or Florida State loses once, then a world of crap will open up. There will be at least 5-6 teams who can make a case to play in the NT game. And due to the overall performance of the Big 10, it won't look good for OSU.
So at the end of the year when Florida State will have beaten 1 team in the Top 25 we are still supposed to be impressed?

This FSU cake walk into the NCG is a joke. Their schedule, outside of Clemson, is going to end up being as pathetic, if not worse, then Ohio States. Ohio State will end up playing more Top 25 teams if we win out and Florida State wins out. No chance is Miami still Top 25 at the end of the season.

That ACC Title game against Duke is embarassing.

Thank you guys for helping us out on that and dragging down the entire Big-10.
__________________
http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk269/ohiosundevils
Want to save 5-15% on your purchase? Check my feedback and pay via Check/MO/Cash
I do not ACCEPT or SEND Gift Payments - Thanks
asujbl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:33 PM   #38 (permalink)
Member
 
groundsupport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,229
Send a message via AIM to groundsupport
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
Eh, Big 12 is the softest conference this year, so if Baylor wants to try and make an argument that they should jump tOSU, they can sure try. A second undefeated season in a row would trump any stance they have.

Stanford's one loss is a bad loss, and their big win is a small enough margin of victory win over a team ranked 2 higher than them that their stance would be soft, too.

You're right, never say never, but I just don't see Bama or FSU losing.
Oregon.. And if Mizzou or Auburn beat Alabama, they will have a strong case as well..

I don't see Florida State losing. They pretty much have a cake walk to the NT game. Not so much for Alabama, they have some huge games left. @Auburn is going to be huge. Because if Auburn wins out, they will be in the SEC title game, Not Alabama.

Whoever wins that game, gets Mizzou. But Mizzou has Texas A&M first..

If Bama loses, there will be 5-6 teams trying to make their case.

Bama
OSU
Baylor
Oregon
(Auburn if they win out)
(Mizzou if they win out)
Stanford will have a say for knocking off Oregon the way they did.
And if somehow Sparty wins out, they will make a case as well because they would have knocked off a top 3-4 team at the end.

Can't wait until they playoffs next year. Pray that Bama doesn't fall..
groundsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:37 PM   #39 (permalink)
Member
 
groundsupport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,229
Send a message via AIM to groundsupport
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asujbl View Post
So at the end of the year when Florida State will have beaten 1 team in the Top 25 we are still supposed to be impressed?

This FSU cake walk into the NCG is a joke. Their schedule, outside of Clemson, is going to end up being as pathetic, if not worse, then Ohio States. Ohio State will end up playing more Top 25 teams if we win out and Florida State wins out. No chance is Miami still Top 25 at the end of the season.

That ACC Title game against Duke is embarassing.

Thank you guys for helping us out on that and dragging down the entire Big-10.
Can't you have a conversation without being pissy all the time? Geesh. Get's old.

And you are wrong about Florida State. They beat 2 teams in the top 10. No They SMASHED 2 top 10 teams. So whereever you are getting more quality wins for OSU from is beyond me.

And you can't call Miami a bad team now that their best player blew his ankle out..

Last edited by groundsupport; 11-11-2013 at 03:39 PM.
groundsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:41 PM   #40 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 18,169
Send a message via MSN to asujbl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundsupport View Post
Can't you have a conversation without being pissy all the time? Geesh. Get's old.

And you are wrong about Florida State. They beat 2 teams in the top 10. No They SMASHED 2 top 10 teams. So whereever you are getting more quality wins for OSU from is beyond me.
Typical response. I could have called that from a mile away.

So Ohio State beating #15 Northwestern (who sucks) counts as a Top 15 victory? Got it. No chance you really feel that way except when it helps your agenda of hating Ohio State. Not even Ohio State homers would count that win as a "Top 15 win" - it's where the team finishes.

Those teams that beat #1 USC last year must have quite the beef with the BCS since they beat such a highly ranked team - forget the fact that USC sucked balls - they were the #1 team in your mind.
__________________
http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk269/ohiosundevils
Want to save 5-15% on your purchase? Check my feedback and pay via Check/MO/Cash
I do not ACCEPT or SEND Gift Payments - Thanks
asujbl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:48 PM   #41 (permalink)
Member
 
groundsupport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,229
Send a message via AIM to groundsupport
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asujbl View Post
Typical response. I could have called that from a mile away.

So Ohio State beating #15 Northwestern (who sucks) counts as a Top 15 victory? Got it. No chance you really feel that way except when it helps your agenda of hating Ohio State. Not even Ohio State homers would count that win as a "Top 15 win" - it's where the team finishes.

Those teams that beat #1 USC last year must have quite the beef with the BCS since they beat such a highly ranked team - forget the fact that USC sucked balls - they were the #1 team in your mind.
You missed my edit. Miami lost a huge threat in their offense. Duke Johnson? If he played last week against VT, who knows how they would have fared. Sure they aren't top 10 anymore because of that, but it will be interesting to see if they fall completely out.

And you better pray that MSU wins this weekend in Nebraska. Because if Nebraska wins, there could very well be a scenario that OSU plays Minnesota in the Big 10 Title game. And that would be a Epic Fail considering their 2 losses are Iowa and being destroyed by Michigan.
groundsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:51 PM   #42 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 18,169
Send a message via MSN to asujbl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundsupport View Post
You missed my edit. Miami lost a huge threat in their offense. Duke Johnson? If he played last week against VT, who knows how they would have fared. Sure they aren't top 10 anymore because of that, but it will be interesting to see if they fall completely out.

And you better pray that MSU wins this weekend in Nebraska. Because if Nebraska wins, there could very well be a scenario that OSU plays Minnesota in the Big 10 Title game. And that would be a Epic Fail considering their 2 losses are Iowa and being destroyed by Michigan.
So now we have to look at injuries? As if Miami is the only team with injuries? Asinine. If you lose you lose - and you drop in the polls - Florida State can't hang their hat on a "Top 10" victory over a team that isn't in the Top 10 - no more then Ohio State can claim a Top 15 victory over god awful Northwestern.

Miami is not going to be in the Top 25 when the season ends (assumption by me I realize) - they won't get past Duke to get to the Title game. That's the way the cookie crumbles injuries or not.

Michigan State winning out is clearly key - I made the assumption from the beginning - the whole discussion changes if Ohio State isn't playing a Top 15 (which they would be) Michigan State team in the Title game.
__________________
http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk269/ohiosundevils
Want to save 5-15% on your purchase? Check my feedback and pay via Check/MO/Cash
I do not ACCEPT or SEND Gift Payments - Thanks
asujbl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:57 PM   #43 (permalink)
Member
 
groundsupport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,229
Send a message via AIM to groundsupport
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asujbl View Post
So now we have to look at injuries? As if Miami is the only team with injuries? Asinine. If you lose you lose - and you drop in the polls - Florida State can't hang their hat on a "Top 10" victory over a team that isn't in the Top 10 - no more then Ohio State can claim a Top 15 victory over god awful Northwestern.

Miami is not going to be in the Top 25 when the season ends (assumption by me I realize) - they won't get past Duke to get to the Title game. That's the way the cookie crumbles injuries or not.

Michigan State winning out is clearly key - I made the assumption from the beginning - the whole discussion changes if Ohio State isn't playing a Top 15 (which they would be) Michigan State team in the Title game.
But even if disregard Miami, FSU still slammed Clemson @ Clemson, which alone would be more impressive than anything OSU has accomplished.
groundsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:07 PM   #44 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 18,169
Send a message via MSN to asujbl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundsupport View Post
But even if disregard Miami, FSU still slammed Clemson @ Clemson, which alone would be more impressive than anything OSU has accomplished.
Assuming Ohio State doesn't slam Michigan State in the Title game.

If Ohio State destroys MSU (assumption) that will be almost as impressive (up for debate - not worth arguing over until it happens) as FSU beating Clemson (assuming FSU plays Duke in the Title Game)

What if Clemson loses to South Carolina? Again hypothetical - but possible - then Ohio State will have better wins then FSU will (as MSU has an easy schedule and should win out - unlike Clemson who has a big game still)

I have no problem with Florida State. I have a problem with people giving them a free pass to the NCG as if the ACC is tough - when in reality they are probably going to have beaten 1 Top 25 team at the end of the year. Ohio State will have beaten more (MSU and Wisconsin who will be ranked - even if it's low)
__________________
http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk269/ohiosundevils
Want to save 5-15% on your purchase? Check my feedback and pay via Check/MO/Cash
I do not ACCEPT or SEND Gift Payments - Thanks
asujbl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:14 PM   #45 (permalink)
Member
 
groundsupport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,229
Send a message via AIM to groundsupport
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asujbl View Post
Assuming Ohio State doesn't slam Michigan State in the Title game.

If Ohio State destroys MSU (assumption) that will be almost as impressive (up for debate - not worth arguing over until it happens) as FSU beating Clemson (assuming FSU plays Duke in the Title Game)

What if Clemson loses to South Carolina? Again hypothetical - but possible - then Ohio State will have better wins then FSU will (as MSU has an easy schedule and should win out - unlike Clemson who has a big game still)

I have no problem with Florida State. I have a problem with people giving them a free pass to the NCG as if the ACC is tough - when in reality they are probably going to have beaten 1 Top 25 team at the end of the year. Ohio State will have beaten more (MSU and Wisconsin who will be ranked - even if it's low)
The problem is that they are already in line with the #2 Spot. So the only way I can see them falling from that Spot without losing is what you said. MSU winning out, and OSU smashing them in the title game.

But if Bama falls, the fire storm that will insue will be epic. I kind of want to see it happen.
groundsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:18 PM   #46 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 18,169
Send a message via MSN to asujbl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundsupport View Post
The problem is that they are already in line with the #2 Spot. So the only way I can see them falling from that Spot without losing is what you said. MSU winning out, and OSU smashing them in the title game.

But if Bama falls, the fire storm that will insue will be epic. I kind of want to see it happen.
It's going to get interesting - that's for sure.

Michigan State winning out is clearly key to Ohio State.
Clemson beating South Carolina at the end of the year is key to Florida State.
__________________
http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk269/ohiosundevils
Want to save 5-15% on your purchase? Check my feedback and pay via Check/MO/Cash
I do not ACCEPT or SEND Gift Payments - Thanks
asujbl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:05 PM   #47 (permalink)
Member
 
groundsupport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,229
Send a message via AIM to groundsupport
Default

What about Oklahoma State? They have Texas. Baylor and Oklahoma. They are 12 right now so they have the potential of gaining a lot of ground.
groundsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:09 PM   #48 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 18,169
Send a message via MSN to asujbl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundsupport View Post
What about Oklahoma State? They have Texas. Baylor and Oklahoma. They are 12 right now so they have the potential of gaining a lot of ground.
They have zero chance of the National Title Game - but they could move up quite a bit if they win out.
__________________
http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk269/ohiosundevils
Want to save 5-15% on your purchase? Check my feedback and pay via Check/MO/Cash
I do not ACCEPT or SEND Gift Payments - Thanks
asujbl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:28 PM   #49 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
tajikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 13,057
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asujbl View Post
They have zero chance of the National Title Game - but they could move up quite a bit if they win out.
Well, I wouldn't say zero chance, but a 2-loss 'Bama team definitely gets more credibility than Oklahoma State.
tajikey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:47 PM   #50 (permalink)
Member
 
groundsupport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,229
Send a message via AIM to groundsupport
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
Well, I wouldn't say zero chance, but a 2-loss 'Bama team definitely gets more credibility than Oklahoma State.
Bama won't lose 2. If they lose to Auburn they are out of the SEC title game.
groundsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.