Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2013, 08:05 PM   #51 (permalink)

This thread will be interesting to read in about 3 weeks. All the Internet experts will be nullified as reality always trumps guessing.

My money is on FSU losing and the game being OSU v Alabama. Purely an educated guess, but its mine.

That being said, if tOSU does make it to the dance they had better perform. I know one victory doesn't shut up years of criticism but I'm sick and tired of hearing all the "Big 10 sucks" and "no Big 10 team can beat a SEC team in the NCG".
cyberpvnk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:08 PM   #52 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to groundsupport

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpvnk View Post
This thread will be interesting to read in about 3 weeks. All the Internet experts will be nullified as reality always trumps guessing.

My money is on FSU losing and the game being OSU v Alabama. Purely an educated guess, but its mine.

That being said, if tOSU does make it to the dance they had better perform. I know one victory doesn't shut up years of criticism but I'm sick and tired of hearing all the "Big 10 sucks" and "no Big 10 team can beat a SEC team in the NCG".
Who the heck you think FSU loses too?
groundsupport is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:52 AM   #53 (permalink)

Old 11-12-2013, 11:54 AM   #54 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundsupport View Post
You really do love Sportspickle. It's a little scary.
asujbl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:58 AM   #55 (permalink)

People realize that Florida State has a WORSE OOC schedule by the rankings then Ohio State does right?

Ohio State - Better OCC Schedule
Florida State - Wins over Clemson, Maryland and Miami - So really Clemson since Miami and Maryland are a joke
Ohio State - Wins over Michigan State (assumption for this purpose - MSU will be Top 12 if they win out for the Big 10 Title Game), Wisconsin, and Northwestern - So really Michigan State - since Northwestern and Wisconsin is a joke

Although I consider Wisconsin more legitimate then Miami - but groundsupport will post 20 times about that.

Florida State has done nothing to get all the love they get and the hate Ohio State gets. If you love FSU - which is fine - you can't deny that statistically Ohio State has played the same, if not better, schedule.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:22 PM   #56 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by asujbl View Post
People realize that Florida State has a WORSE OOC schedule by the rankings then Ohio State does right?

Ohio State - Better OCC Schedule
Florida State - Wins over Clemson, Maryland and Miami - So really Clemson since Miami and Maryland are a joke
Ohio State - Wins over Michigan State (assumption for this purpose - MSU will be Top 12 if they win out for the Big 10 Title Game), Wisconsin, and Northwestern - So really Michigan State - since Northwestern and Wisconsin is a joke

Although I consider Wisconsin more legitimate then Miami - but groundsupport will post 20 times about that.

Florida State has done nothing to get all the love they get and the hate Ohio State gets. If you love FSU - which is fine - you can't deny that statistically Ohio State has played the same, if not better, schedule.
At this point, I'm convinced that the only team that can beat Alabama is Florida State. FSU has done nothing but prove to the world that they are worlds better than any other team on the field. Their combined speed and physicality matches up well against Bama, if not better.

I'm a Buckeye fan through and through, but the Bucks OOC schedule is nothing short of REALLY soft. The only team with credibility would be Cal, and they continue to show just how terrible they are on the football field.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:34 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
At this point, I'm convinced that the only team that can beat Alabama is Florida State. FSU has done nothing but prove to the world that they are worlds better than any other team on the field. Their combined speed and physicality matches up well against Bama, if not better.

I'm a Buckeye fan through and through, but the Bucks OOC schedule is nothing short of REALLY soft. The only team with credibility would be Cal, and they continue to show just how terrible they are on the football field.
And that may well be - but if Ohio State has a "soft" OOC schedule what does that make Florida States? Which is markedly worse?

I'm not complaining about FSU - I think they are legit.
I'm complaining that it's a joke that FSU gets a free pass - when their OOC schedule is worse then the Buckeyes - and they haven't beaten anyone but Clemson.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:38 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
And that may well be - but if Ohio State has a "soft" OOC schedule what does that make Florida States? Which is markedly worse?

I'm not complaining about FSU - I think they are legit.
I'm complaining that it's a joke that FSU gets a free pass - when their OOC schedule is worse then the Buckeyes - and they haven't beaten anyone but Clemson.
In all fairness, the same "Who have they beat" comment can be used for Ohio State. Northwestern when they were 15, or Wisconsin when they were at 24 or 25? Florida State did not only beat Clemson, they won by 30 plus in Clemson, when they were 5 and Clemson 3. To me, that credibility and win should have vaulted them ahead of Alabama, even being 5 at the time.

This all coming from someone who also believes Ohio State did not deserve to be jumped by Oregon or Florida State, considering they did nothing to move down, winning 20+ straight.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:43 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
In all fairness, the same "Who have they beat" comment can be used for Ohio State. Northwestern when they were 15, or Wisconsin when they were at 24 or 25? Florida State did not only beat Clemson, they won by 30 plus in Clemson, when they were 5 and Clemson 3. To me, that credibility and win should have vaulted them ahead of Alabama, even being 5 at the time.

This all coming from someone who also believes Ohio State did not deserve to be jumped by Oregon or Florida State, considering they did nothing to move down, winning 20+ straight.
What do you think happens if Auburn knocks off #1 Alabama and forces them out of the SEC title game?

I would think OSU would still need help to get to the NCG.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:46 PM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
What do you think happens if Auburn knocks off #1 Alabama and forces them out of the SEC title game?

I would think OSU would still need help to get to the NCG.
If Auburn knocks off Bama and Ohio State wins out, then Ohio State will be in the NCG. Them going two straight years undefeated is enough credibility to secure their spot. Stanford with their one loss to Utah will keep them out (unless Florida State loses), and Baylor being the victim of a soft conference and no conference championship game will also keep them out.

Four weeks to go and still saying anything can happen is crazy, yet one of the primary reasons why I love college football so much.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:48 PM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:

It absolutely can be used. That's the point.

Florida State has a worse OOC schedule. Fact.
Florida State will have beaten Clemson - no one else that is "top level" - Miami and Maryland were just OK
Ohio State will have beaten Michigan State (who will be Top 12 or so) - no one else that is "top level" - Northwestern and Wisconsin were just OK

So Ohio State plays a tougher OOC schedule. Florida State will probably have the better win of the season (Clemson over Michigan State). Ohio State will have won 25 straight games. That has to at least count for something.

Florida State and Ohio State have the same argument for the NCG - that's my point - But everyone just wants to let Florida State walk right into the game as if the ACC doesn't suck.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:51 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
If Auburn knocks off Bama and Ohio State wins out, then Ohio State will be in the NCG. Them going two straight years undefeated is enough credibility to secure their spot. Stanford with their one loss to Utah will keep them out (unless Florida State loses), and Baylor being the victim of a soft conference and no conference championship game will also keep them out.

Four weeks to go and still saying anything can happen is crazy, yet one of the primary reasons why I love college football so much.
I can understand Stanford, but what about a 1 loss Auburn?

Auburn is in 7th in the BCS and they play Georgia and Alabama. Only loss would be at LSU. Then they would probably play a top 10 Mizzou.

I think people would be on the Auburn train at that point and they probably leap frog just about everyone.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:03 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
I can understand Stanford, but what about a 1 loss Auburn?

Auburn is in 7th in the BCS and they play Georgia and Alabama. Only loss would be at LSU. Then they would probably play a top 10 Mizzou.

I think people would be on the Auburn train at that point and they probably leap frog just about everyone.
A one-loss Auburn team won't be jumping the other one-loss teams ahead of them, especially since beating Georgia isn't saying much at this time of year, and Mizzou's victories have come against lower-caliber schools (Murray State, Toledo, Indiana, Arkansas State), or schools that didn't present their best lineup on the field at the time (Georgia and Florida (even moreso Florida after being whooped by Vandy)). Their loss came to the only "good" team they've played, South Carolina, and I don't see them beating A&M at home.

Again, so many variables in play at this point. If Bama and Florida State win out, then they play in Pasadena for the NCG...that much is true.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:09 PM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
A one-loss Auburn team won't be jumping the other one-loss teams ahead of them, especially since beating Georgia isn't saying much at this time of year, and Mizzou's victories have come against lower-caliber schools (Murray State, Toledo, Indiana, Arkansas State), or schools that didn't present their best lineup on the field at the time (Georgia and Florida (even moreso Florida after being whooped by Vandy)). Their loss came to the only "good" team they've played, South Carolina, and I don't see them beating A&M at home.

Again, so many variables in play at this point. If Bama and Florida State win out, then they play in Pasadena for the NCG...that much is true.
True about Mizzou, but Auburn will have that win against the #1 team feather in their cap, which no other school would have.

I think Auburn wins out, they get it in, and if they don't, the SEC will scream bloody murder. lol.

Odds are Alabama and FSU wins out and this is a non issue, but I think we all want the drama to unfold.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:40 PM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
It absolutely can be used. That's the point.

Florida State has a worse OOC schedule. Fact.
Florida State will have beaten Clemson - no one else that is "top level" - Miami and Maryland were just OK
Ohio State will have beaten Michigan State (who will be Top 12 or so) - no one else that is "top level" - Northwestern and Wisconsin were just OK

So Ohio State plays a tougher OOC schedule. Florida State will probably have the better win of the season (Clemson over Michigan State). Ohio State will have won 25 straight games. That has to at least count for something.

Florida State and Ohio State have the same argument for the NCG - that's my point - But everyone just wants to let Florida State walk right into the game as if the ACC doesn't suck.
Florida State OOC included: Pitt, Nevada, Bethune-Cookman, and Idaho, three of which are in the FBS.

Ohio State OOC included: Buffalo, San Diego State, Cal and Florida A&M, two of which are in the FBS.

Based on that, Ohio State did NOT play a tougher OOC schedule, in fact, a weaker one. Add to that they have "only" beaten Northwestern by 10 (but really, by 4, as the final 6 points was a gift at the end of the game) and Wisconsin by 7. Neither were top 10 teams at the time.

Florida State beat #3 Clemson in Clemson by 37 and #7 Miami by 27 in Tallahassee.

Now, if the margin of victory for Ohio State over Northwestern and Wisconsin was equal to how badly they beat Penn State and Purdue, then we'd have a discussion, but at this piont, Florida State is exactly where they belong based on how they've played to date.

The ONLY opponent Ohio State has left with any credibility is Michigan State or possibly Nebraska. Naturally, the benefit would be to beat a top 15 Michigan State in the Big Ten Championship, but if Florida State and Bama win out, Ohio State has done nothing to support them jumping over the Seminoles.

As badly as I want to be an Ohio State homer, it's not possible to agree they deserve to play for the NC over an undefeated Bama or FSU.

Quote:
True about Mizzou, but Auburn will have that win against the #1 team feather in their cap, which no other school would have.

I think Auburn wins out, they get it in, and if they don't, the SEC will scream bloody murder. lol.

Odds are Alabama and FSU wins out and this is a non issue, but I think we all want the drama to unfold.
The SEC can suck it for all I care. Auburn lost by 14 to LSU in Baton Rouge, while Alabama easily took care of business against the same LSU squad. A victory by Auburn over Alabama would only confuse the situation, not make it clearer.

Last edited by tajikey; 11-12-2013 at 02:46 PM.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:50 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:

Can't bring up injuries as an excuse for the teams Missouri played when they haven't had their starting QB since the 4th quarter of the Georgia game.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:52 PM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highroller View Post
Can't bring up injuries as an excuse for the teams Missouri played when they haven't had their starting QB since the 4th quarter of the Georgia game.
But you can argue that Mauk has played better than the QB he replaced, or at least good enough to beat a damaged Georgia and Florida team. Plus, it only proves my point that those victories are less than credible, considering Mizzou's backup QB even went out and beat those teams.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:58 PM   #68 (permalink)

All teams have injuries. Can't use it as an excuse for the other teams to discredit what Missouri is doing with their back up qb as well.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:59 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
All teams have injuries. Can't use it as an excuse for the other teams to discredit what Missouri is doing with their back up qb as well.
Sure we can. Until they play a team at full speed, there will always be a question of what if. Georgia was supposed to be good at the beginning of the season, at least better than Clemson.

I guess we'll see what happens against A&M.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:02 PM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Sure we can. Until they play a team at full speed, there will always be a question of what if. Georgia was supposed to be good at the beginning of the season, at least better than Clemson.

I guess we'll see what happens against A&M.
If that's your argument why aren't you saying I wonder if Missouri would still be undefeated if they had their starting qb when they played South Carolina? Where's the what if factor from that side? Can't only use that excuse in one side of the argument.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:07 PM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
If that's your argument why aren't you saying I wonder if Missouri would still be undefeated if they had their starting qb when they played South Carolina? Where's the what if factor from that side? Can't only use that excuse in one side of the argument.
Because that's not the side I'm standing on. You are welcome to make that counterpoint, as it's definitely valid, but ashamedly so, I am biased against the SEC.

Again, we'll see what happens against A&M.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:09 PM   #72 (permalink)

I hate the SEC as well. Funny everyone used to say teams outside the SEC couldn't handle the SEC schedule. Texas A&M and Missouri have walked right in and are right at the top.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:48 PM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
Florida State OOC included: Pitt, Nevada, Bethune-Cookman, and Idaho, three of which are in the FBS.

Ohio State OOC included: Buffalo, San Diego State, Cal and Florida A&M, two of which are in the FBS.

Based on that, Ohio State did NOT play a tougher OOC schedule, in fact, a weaker one. Add to that they have "only" beaten Northwestern by 10 (but really, by 4, as the final 6 points was a gift at the end of the game) and Wisconsin by 7. Neither were top 10 teams at the time.

Florida State beat #3 Clemson in Clemson by 37 and #7 Miami by 27 in Tallahassee.

Now, if the margin of victory for Ohio State over Northwestern and Wisconsin was equal to how badly they beat Penn State and Purdue, then we'd have a discussion, but at this piont, Florida State is exactly where they belong based on how they've played to date.

The ONLY opponent Ohio State has left with any credibility is Michigan State or possibly Nebraska. Naturally, the benefit would be to beat a top 15 Michigan State in the Big Ten Championship, but if Florida State and Bama win out, Ohio State has done nothing to support them jumping over the Seminoles.

As badly as I want to be an Ohio State homer, it's not possible to agree they deserve to play for the NC over an undefeated Bama or FSU.

The SEC can suck it for all I care. Auburn lost by 14 to LSU in Baton Rouge, while Alabama easily took care of business against the same LSU squad. A victory by Auburn over Alabama would only confuse the situation, not make it clearer.
Ohio State Non Conference -

Buffalo #42
SDSU #72
CAL #99
FAMU N/A

Florida State Non Conference -

Florida #53
Nevada #101
Idaho #112
Bethune Cookman N/A
Old 11-12-2013, 04:29 PM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
Ohio State Non Conference -

Buffalo #42
SDSU #72
CAL #99
FAMU N/A

Florida State Non Conference -

Florida #53
Nevada #101
Idaho #112
Bethune Cookman N/A
Not sure your point, to be honest. Are you saying that Florida is a lesser quality opponent than Buffalo because they're at 53 and Buffalo is at 42? If that's the case, then you're a definite homer (nothing wrong with that, but it does cloud your ability to think rationally).

Ohio State beat Buffalo by 20, SDSU by 35 and Cal by 18
Florida State beat Nevada by 55, Pitt (you didn't have these guys on your list) by 28 and Cookman by 48.

The difference in rankings is negated by just how bad FSU beat their opponent in comparison to how badly Ohio State beat theirs. Florida State is a better team playing lesser teams and beating them by more points.

YTD, Ohio State has outscored their opponents 434 - 153
YTD, FSU has outscored their opponents 468 - 108

I truly am sorry, but there is no supporting a statement that an undefeated Ohio State deserves to play for the National Championship ahead of an undefeated Florida State.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:32 PM   #75 (permalink)

stop fighting amongst each other, bucks!

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is online now   Reply With Quote