Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2013, 02:26 AM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to slugger82685
Default Anybody watching Dexter?

I didnt see a thread about Dexter so thought I would make this one, if there is another one out there feel free to close this one.

just wanted to get some opinions on this final season of Dexter. I have loved this show from the beginning, but this last season in my opinion has not been very good which is really disappointing because its the last season. I feel like they have gone in a million different directions and there just hasnt been any real focus. The Vogel direction was interesting at first because it brought things back to the beginning of how she was involved with developing his "code". But as the season has gone on it just became weird and pointless that those 2 were planning kills and she has acted like his mother. i dont know, I just feel like that direction lasted way too long. I would have liked to see this season going in a direction where he gets backed into corners with the possibility of getting caught especially with the way last season ended. I dont like that they have brought Hannah back with giving him a temptation to have a normal life because he is not normal, he is a sociopath and that really cant be changed......so idk, this season just feels like blah to me.....any other thoughts?

Building 2014 Topps Chrome Devonta Freeman Auto Rainbow. Let me know what you have.
slugger82685 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:22 AM   #2 (permalink)

YES!! love this show, hoping it doesn't end against dex. Want deborah, hannah, and harrison to make it through!!!!!!
Old 09-09-2013, 04:59 AM   #3 (permalink)

I watch it out of habit, but it hasn't been truly good since the Trinity season. Plus, after reading how it ends, I'm just disgusted with how unoriginal and amateur their writing staff is.

http://s1159.photobucket.com/albums/p623/Kingofkings1281/
Kingofkings1281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofkings1281 View Post
I watch it out of habit, but it hasn't been truly good since the Trinity season. Plus, after reading how it ends, I'm just disgusted with how unoriginal and amateur their writing staff is.
yeah the Trinity season was clearly the best one and after that it has slowly gone downhill with this last season I think being the worst out of the whole series. Pretty disappointing with such a great and successful show.

Building 2014 Topps Chrome Devonta Freeman Auto Rainbow. Let me know what you have.
Old 09-11-2013, 04:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

I watch it and agree it has been a bit disappointing recently. The last episode picked things up a bit though. Hoping for a solid final 2.
Old 09-11-2013, 04:29 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to lobo_hacker

-Was an awesome show while it lasted. Genndy had a great run on animation there for a bit, though i found Samurai Jack to be repetitive after the first season and a half.

lobo_hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:16 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Agreed, It used to be my favorite show, but it has gotten a lot worse since season 4.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

Dexter is my favorite show of all time after 24. This season has been terrible. The storyline is weak and completely untrue to the characters. Dexter would never be dumb enough to walk around with a wanted criminal. After all these years of being so careful with every detail, all of a sudden he is totally careless? I don't get it, bad writing.
SunDevil2422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:39 PM   #9 (permalink)

So.................
Any predictions for next weekS FINALE

i still cant tell how its going to end

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:14 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
So.................
Any predictions for next weekS FINALE

i still cant tell how its going to end
Don't expect anything remotely satisfying. I'll refrain from using spoilers and just leave it at that.

Old 09-17-2013, 01:17 AM   #11 (permalink)

Girlfriend and I just started watching it. So far we've watched the first 2 episodes in Season 1. So far not too bad, but nothing too interesting. I'm sure it'll pick up though.
CAS239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:53 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS239 View Post
Girlfriend and I just started watching it. So far we've watched the first 2 episodes in Season 1. So far not too bad, but nothing too interesting. I'm sure it'll pick up though.
it definitely picks up.....season 4 is amazing, after that it slowly goes downhill and this final season has been the worst. I still recommend watching it though......I dont really know how this series ends, I hope they dont just have an ending where he successfully flees the country and lives happily ever after, that would be very disappointing.

Old 09-17-2013, 03:28 AM   #13 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugger82685 View Post
it definitely picks up.....season 4 is amazing, after that it slowly goes downhill and this final season has been the worst. I still recommend watching it though......I dont really know how this series ends, I hope they dont just have an ending where he successfully flees the country and lives happily ever after, that would be very disappointing.
The final season isn't quite the worst (season with Julia Stiles is the worst, followed by Collin Hanks), but it's definitely not the best (Jon Lithgow season, then Jimmy Smits, then who knows).
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:06 AM   #14 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to free2131

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
The final season isn't quite the worst (season with Julia Stiles is the worst, followed by Collin Hanks), but it's definitely not the best (Jon Lithgow season, then Jimmy Smits, then who knows).
I completely agree. I sat through all of the one with Stiles and I think I only watched 2 or 3 episodes that season with Hanks (one of which being the episode that Debra found out).

Reminds me a lot of House. Started out awesome and had some outstanding moments, but lasted way too long. As sad as I am to see Breaking Bad go, I am glad it is going out on top artistically.

As far what the spoilers have said (highlight to read):

About Deb dying, Dexter confessing everything to Quinn, and Quinn becoming the new Dexter.

I actually don't mind that too much as... (highlight to read):

Quinn has shown he isn't above being a dirty cop. I think the death of Deb would be enough to push him over the edge. I actually though that he may have been the one to murder Cassie in order to frame the mini-Dexter kid.

Last edited by free2131; 09-17-2013 at 04:21 AM.
free2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 05:01 AM   #15 (permalink)

[QUOTE=free2131;5723451]I completely agree. I sat through all of the one with Stiles and I think I only watched 2 or 3 episodes that season with Hanks (one of which being the episode that Debra found out).

Reminds me a lot of House. Started out awesome and had some outstanding moments, but lasted way too long. As sad as I am to see Breaking Bad go, I am glad it is going out on top artistically.

As far what the spoilers have said (highlight to read):

I actually don't mind that too much as... (highlight to read):

That's not consistent with what I've read, but we shall see this Sunday. That sounds even worse than what supposedly happens.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:09 AM   #16 (permalink)

Definetly my favorite show on tv. Only two more episodes left. At this point in the season I hope Hannah and him are able to escape to Argentina. I thought he was done with because of the feds, but now that the lead investigator is dead who knows how it is going to end. Hate to see the show end, I feel there is still so much more that can be done with the show.
babyfaceposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:51 AM   #17 (permalink)

I dont want to be spoiled, but how do people actually know what is going to happen?

I do not ask for much, but please leave feedback if everything goes well with our deal.
IamRalpho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:30 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRalpho View Post
I dont want to be spoiled, but how do people actually know what is going to happen?
By watching the show?
Old 09-17-2013, 04:59 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
By watching the show?
Seriously? By watching the show you know how its going to end?

Doubtful, but okay. There have been talks of spoilers, my question is how are people getting them/know they are legit?

I do not ask for much, but please leave feedback if everything goes well with our deal.
Old 09-17-2013, 05:34 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:

Doubtful, but okay. There have been talks of spoilers, my question is how are people getting them/know they are legit?
I have not looked up anything online for a spoiler. It would ruin the show for me. Most likely a actor or crew member let it slip.
babyfaceposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:18 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:

Ah, misunderstood the question, my apologies.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:17 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:

If you look hard enough, the episode itself is already floating around. There seems to have been very minimal security around this finale. Probably because they know it sucks.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:31 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
If you look hard enough, the episode itself is already floating around. There seems to have been very minimal security around this finale. Probably because they know it sucks.
I am sure. I remember The Wire finale and the Sopranos finale had very important scenes that were all over the internet before the finale.

Ruined the wire for me

Old 09-17-2013, 09:36 PM   #24 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to free2131

Quote:
Reminds me of the Walking Dead. Pretty much every season 2 episode was spoiled before the season even started.
free2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:42 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevil2422 View Post
Dexter is my favorite show of all time after 24. This season has been terrible. The storyline is weak and completely untrue to the characters. Dexter would never be dumb enough to walk around with a wanted criminal. After all these years of being so careful with every detail, all of a sudden he is totally careless? I don't get it, bad writing.

What......the implication here is his love, an unknown emotion to a sociopath/Psychopath, is the key factor to why things happen the way they do

Methodical with cause and a twisted need VS acting from love and fear....bad writing ? Poor viewer with no concept of emotional changes and how they effect people. Character growth and development have reached this point in the last 2 seasons. Don't blame your confusion on the writing

Season 5 sucked and 6 made me want to stop. Once I heard 7 was the final, I opted to see it just to be done. There are better shows out there,always have been