Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2013, 10:09 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benshobbies View Post
To the OP, Lets say if you were given a gold & diamond studded watch at work as a Christmas Bonus. You had 3 watches already that worked fine & you had no need for another watch. Yours are in fact better. Lets also say you needed to pay $5,000 in car repairs for that month & take your kid to the dentist -- Would you not take that watch & throw it up on ebay to pay your bills!?

I've gotten many gifts at McDs that I don't really want -- A cookie jar, etc.... Things I don't want. Keep the ones you need. Get rid of ones you don't!
Naw, I bet iMac has a closet full of ugly sweaters every relative has ever knitted for him.
Old 09-14-2013, 02:11 PM   #52 (permalink)

Ok you know what.. I'm sick of this..

I'm sick of you little immature trolls looking to attack me at every corner... you mom's basement living creatures looking to do nothing but attack people on a message forum... get a freaking life.

A) these were not Christmas bonuses... these were gifts in Septemeber! How you all decided this and ran with it boggles my mind...

B) No one here works for Upper Deck.. and has any clue what their salaries, bonuses.. or anything else are... all we know is they were given a gift as a company.. and some people decided to turn around an sell them literally over night. As someone pointed out.. if I was given a gift of gold/silver.. NO I would not sell it. If it were a company bonus in lew of $$$ .. that is a completely different topic. You all just jointly decided that UD gives cards instead of bonuses in the middle of September lol.

You same handful of "people" would attack me if I said the complete opposite of this.. and some of you would troll me for saying pretty much anything (37jetson).

Get over yourselves.. go outside.. have a nice day. It's the weekend.. try to see the sun and not melt for once.

I will not reply again to this thread so go for your extra piece of meat trolls.. its what you people do.
Old 09-14-2013, 02:15 PM   #53 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Old 09-14-2013, 02:26 PM   #54 (permalink)

mitm, that is some funny stuff right there!!!!!
Old 09-14-2013, 02:39 PM   #55 (permalink)

Jeremy,

You know what would have been easier to say? "I made a grammatical mistake. It is not a big thing in the scheme of life, lol, lol" Instead you proved how incapable you are at saying that you are wrong. Further, everything you typed in this response is total crap and you know it. You have proven there is nothing you would not do to make a dollar. Sorry champ, nobody is buying the story you are trying to peddle in this thread. Pass the Sun Tan Lotion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imac7065 View Post

I'm sick of you little immature trolls looking to attack me at every corner... you mom's basement living creatures looking to do nothing but attack people on a message forum... get a freaking life.

A) these were not Christmas bonuses... these were gifts in Septemeber! How you all decided this and ran with it boggles my mind...

B) No one here works for Upper Deck.. and has any clue what their salaries, bonuses.. or anything else are... all we know is they were given a gift as a company.. and some people decided to turn around an sell them literally over night. As someone pointed out.. if I was given a gift of gold/silver.. NO I would not sell it. If it were a company bonus in lew of $$$ .. that is a completely different topic. You all just jointly decided that UD gives cards instead of bonuses in the middle of September lol.

You same handful of "people" would attack me if I said the complete opposite of this.. and some of you would troll me for saying pretty much anything (37jetson).

Get over yourselves.. go outside.. have a nice day. It's the weekend.. try to see the sun and not melt for once.

I will not reply again to this thread so go for your extra piece of meat trolls.. its what you people do.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
Old 09-14-2013, 03:02 PM   #56 (permalink)

The OP really does live in lala land.
Old 09-14-2013, 03:12 PM   #57 (permalink)

But yet you have no problem selling backdoored Topps items - that were NEVER meant to be sold on the open market (you admitted to knowing this).

The way you justify things, just so you come out unscathed is just amazing.

I agree with 37Jetson. You would have no problems buying these directly from some employee - and selling them to make a buck.

The Topps Superfractors with no 1/1 stamps:
BigBoyd joining the trend of selling fake superfractors now
Quote:
since my name has been dragged into this.. again.. I'll let you all know a lil "inside baseball"

Beckett Editor Susan Lulgjuraj has contacted me and says she wants to write an article about these test prints (my term for them).

I talked to charles.. the BGS traveling grading rep. He told me flatly that they are back doored items, and if slabbed would have "test" "promo" or "proof" on the slab itself (cannot speak for the one posted here.) I had the cards pictured in this thread graded just this past weekend in fact.

Now that I know they are back doored, and most likely cut from sheets I have modified the few I have listed to say so. There is nothing shady about these (unless someone is lying about them). They are just another form of card that people are willing to pay for. I have sold some and I will sell these as well. If people want to collect them who are you guys to tell them they cannot?

As long as the buyer knows what they are buying.. go for it.
Quote:
they aren't bootleg.. they were made by Topps.. just weren't meant to be on the open market.
Quote:
No.. these were produced by topps and an auction house apparently ended up with them. That's the story I have been told at least.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Old 09-14-2013, 04:02 PM   #58 (permalink)

If I was an employee and got a set I would have sent it off for grading. If straight from manufacturer in perfect condition a set of all 9.5 could go for a nice chunk.

Also just for fun someone should check all their other items for sale I bet you would find at least one or two backdoored items.
Old 09-14-2013, 04:10 PM   #59 (permalink)

Does anybody know what Imac did with his Back Doored Superfractors? Did he sell them and get rich? Get his money back from the person that hosed him? Put them in a box to be brought out at a "better and friendlier" time?
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
Old 09-14-2013, 04:34 PM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokruel View Post
But yet you have no problem selling backdoored Topps items - that were NEVER meant to be sold on the open market (you admitted to knowing this).

The way you justify things, just so you come out unscathed is just amazing.

I agree with 37Jetson. You would have no problems buying these directly from some employee - and selling them to make a buck.

The Topps Superfractors with no 1/1 stamps:
BigBoyd joining the trend of selling fake superfractors now
Haha. I was thinking this when I read the orignal post by OP. It is ok for you to be unethical Imac, but a employee cant make a profit off something the company gives them? No wonder people troll you.
Old 09-14-2013, 06:02 PM   #61 (permalink)

I don't see why it makes a difference if it was a christmas bonus or a gift in september...either way, isn't it now in the hands of the employee to do with it whatever they want??
Old 09-14-2013, 06:08 PM   #62 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacubs View Post
I don't see why it makes a difference if it was a christmas bonus or a gift in september...either way, isn't it now in the hands of the employee to do with it whatever they want??
I got a box of Contenders for Christmas and pulled a Luck. I also got a box of 2013 Platinum from my wife last Tuesday just cuz she loves me and pulled a Geno auto patch. Now, which one am I allowed to sell
Old 09-14-2013, 06:32 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:

Yea, that shows how mature you are.

I see no problem with it. I'll give a similar analogy.

It's not the same as other gifts you can get from companies. It depends who you work for. If you work for an office supply company, or a car dealership, and you receive a free, very nice pen, or possibly some nice engraved watch or whatever, that is something you can USE, or can display, and it looks nice. You don't have to necessarily use or wear it everyday and love it, but it's something you can possibly keep and have that is nice (and might I add, MUCH more valuable)

These special cards from UD are also a gift to employees. I will assume for a second that MOST of the employees at UD are not supercollectors of people like Michael Phelps.

They were given for free to employees for working for UD. It is NOT necessarily the same as getting a Christmas gift or a birthday gift. It was a random bonus in the middle of the year, with no strings attached. I see NOTHING wrong with selling them.

If it was a co-worker coming up to another co-worker and saying "Happy birthday, I know you're a fan of Phelps, here's a card I have of him, have a good day!" and you then turn around and list it, yea, you've intentionally sold something that was obviously given to you to keep. UD has not in any way asked them to not sell these cards. In fact, I bet UD is happy they are being sold. Good publicity that they give free stuff to their employees, and allows for their cards to be advertised on the open market such as eBay and I'm sure other places.

And after reading your comments in the superfractor thread, yea, this makes even less sense. You can't pick and choose when you want to enforce your own brand of citizen law when you see fit, and turn your back when a similar situation arises, but you are on the positive end of it where you might be able to gain from it.
Old 09-15-2013, 04:55 PM   #64 (permalink)

The best part? UD had the employs make their own "gift." How else would hear cards get made? Hahahahahahahahah.
This isn't the first time this happened, won't be the last. The cards were probably printed by the powers that be so the employees could sell them, if not, why would you make he special cards the MOST popular series? Not a big deal
1) 13 UD Nationals Infinite
Old 09-15-2013, 06:57 PM   #65 (permalink)

The truth - /125 Purple PMG of garbage that rivals UD All Time Greats and the with roughly the same or lower quality athletes. It was a PR attempt by UD to make /125 PMGs of garbage cards more valuable by saying they were available to employeess only. An /100 Red PMG of Barry Sanders goes for $10. They are hoping to bridge the gap in price between basketball and football in price. This wasn't a "bonus". A bonus would have been an /100 exclusive MJ purple PMG.

PS- lets take notice to how many of these "sellers" have fredback of 1-4. These employees just now heard about ebay? lmfao no. Its a PR attempt that has a similar theory as leafs recent matrix exclusives and panini orange pylon.

Last edited by rbb147; 09-15-2013 at 07:05 PM.
Old 09-15-2013, 06:59 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinocollector View Post
The best part? UD had the employs make their own "gift." How else would hear cards get made? Hahahahahahahahah.
This isn't the first time this happened, won't be the last. The cards were probably printed by the powers that be so the employees could sell them, if not, why would you make he special cards the MOST popular series? Not a big deal
PS still lookin for a blue for you :P only one to appear is a "jersey" number :P Saw his Red PMG 1997 at $150 = nice
Old 09-15-2013, 07:17 PM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyfaceposey View Post
Haha. I was thinking this when I read the orignal post by OP. It is ok for you to be unethical Imac, but a employee cant make a profit off something the company gives them? No wonder people troll you.
It's not trolling if we are speaking the truth. Poor lil' Jeremy has a problem handling reality, and I actually feel bad for him.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:22 PM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
Perhaps we should ask the OP for a calendar of when a received gift is okay to be sold...
Old 09-15-2013, 08:05 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
Perhaps we should ask the OP for a calendar of when a received gift is okay to be sold...
January's - November's are off limits. December's might be okay.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:38 PM   #70 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

I wonder how OP would feel about someone asking for something for free when he had items of the same player for sale in his e-bay store. I wonder if he thinks that is disgraceful?

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
Old 09-15-2013, 08:47 PM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
I wonder how OP would feel about someone asking for something for free when he had items of the same player for sale in his e-bay store. I wonder if he thinks that is disgraceful?
I'm glad someone finally brought that up because it's the first thing I thought of when I saw his complaint.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:56 PM   #72 (permalink)

These baseless accusations are not fair.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
Old 09-15-2013, 09:02 PM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jones View Post
January's - November's are off limits. December's might be okay.
But only December 25. You should be ashamed to sell anything given to you on or after Boxing Day.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:12 PM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
And then Masherah shared another exciting surprise with each employee. As a thank you for all of their hard work and dedication to the company, the executive team had secretly created a special series of unique Upper Deck employee cards. Employees received a selection of these cards this week and now have the tough decision of whether to keep the cards or sell them.
Many of the employees do plan on keeping them. I know I’m excited to share what I received with my boys when they get older so they get a nice feel for what daddy does. Hopefully they will think they are as cool as I do. Collectors may be able to snatch some of these up however from a few other employees who decide to sell them through online auction sites like eBay.

was the thread really even needed if the article was read?
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Old 09-15-2013, 09:26 PM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuspies View Post

was the thread really even needed if the article was read?
Yes because even if it was up to them to keep or sell them, it's against the OP's beliefs. Therefore, they the employees are all evil, and so are we for agreeing with their choice to sell.
Closed Thread