Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2014, 10:19 PM   #351 (permalink)

Why aren't they asking The Mullet what caused the outbreak?
Old 03-23-2014, 10:20 PM   #352 (permalink)

TV show killing the storyline.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:22 PM   #353 (permalink)

I wonder if Daryl will try to "claim" Rick in an attempt to save him from a good beating (and possible arrow to the face.)

I'm getting tired of some of these characters now. I hope Carol shows up and continues to clean house.
Frankp2311 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:25 PM   #354 (permalink)

POSSIBLE SPOILER

Can't wait for them to finally all get together the last episode and then turn around in the premiere next season and split up into groups AGAIN.

Ugh, these back and forth between each group episodes are horrible.

Lizzie & Mika were the parallel to the comics Ben & Billy; same outcome Issue 61.

This Mary woman at Terminus may be the leader of the cannibal group. Although we have yet to meet Terminan.

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 03-24-2014 at 01:14 AM.
SerialKilnWalkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 11:40 PM   #355 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to ChicagoCubsWS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKilnWalkr View Post
Can't wait for them to finally all get together the last episode and then turn around in the premiere next season and split up into groups AGAIN.

Lizzie & Mika were the parallel to the comics Ben & Billy; same outcome Issue 61.

This Mary woman at Terminus may be the leader of the cannibal group. Although we have yet to meet Terminan.
Spoilers....
Old 03-24-2014, 12:12 AM   #356 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to ChicagoCubsWS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKilnWalkr View Post

Spoilers....
Old 03-24-2014, 04:30 AM   #357 (permalink)

This is pretty cool. A little foreshadowing from earlier in the season about tonight's episode: Aspire to Something Greater
mikestrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:23 AM   #358 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankp2311 View Post
Yep. For some reason the first thing that I thought of was cannibals. Not sure why.
Me too.

I've never read the comics and don't plan to until the show has run its course, but that's exactly the vibe I got. Why else would they "advertise" so heavily?
IndyKMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:53 AM   #359 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to free2131

The episode was okay. Being the nerd I am, as soon as the woman from Terminus turned around, I yelled, "Tasha Yar!"

Also, anyone catch the zombie in the tunnel who was an homage to Bub from Day of the Dead? I was surprised no one mentioned him on Talking Dead.
free2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:23 AM   #360 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2131 View Post
The episode was okay. Being the nerd I am, as soon as the woman from Terminus turned around, I yelled, "Tasha Yar!"

Also, anyone catch the zombie in the tunnel who was an homage to Bub from Day of the Dead? I was surprised no one mentioned him on Talking Dead.
I KNEW I RECOGNIZED HER! I couldn't pin her face down for the brief instant they showed her.

those of you saying cannibals, my first thought was cannibal/cult type deal. I feel like there would be guards or just more people around if survivors were making it there and NOT disappearing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyKMB View Post
Me too.

I've never read the comics and don't plan to until the show has run its course, but that's exactly the vibe I got. Why else would they "advertise" so heavily?

Dude, just buy the trade paperbacks. It won't spoil a thing for you aside from maybe introduce you to characters in different areas.

The only part of the series that was almost shot for shot from the comics was the series premier.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:39 AM   #361 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikestrick View Post
This is pretty cool. A little foreshadowing from earlier in the season about tonight's episode: Aspire to Something Greater
Nice. Didnt catch that.
underwood4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:54 PM   #362 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankp2311 View Post
Yep. For some reason the first thing that I thought of was cannibals. Not sure why.
That's the first thing that came to my mind too when I noticed the meat cooking on the grill. I'm assuming all of the livestock is gone, unless they have their own livestock...and a huge freezer there! Plus, there is no one else walking around and the gates are there to let yourself in...obviously not worried about walkers.
coalregion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:05 PM   #363 (permalink)

It's either cannibals, or the secretest of secret government laboratories. Or both.
calculusdork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:17 PM   #364 (permalink)

There is a cannibal group in the comics but I wasn't sure if they would touch on that subject on the show. I just didn't understand how there was no one watching the gates at all. That was the first thing I asked my fiance "Was that steak on the grill?" One of my buddies thinks Rick is a goner in the next episode as well. I read an article online about a rumor going around they were going to kill a major character that hadn't been killed in the comics. That only leaves 4 options: Rick, Carl, Daryl and Michonne.
legion624 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:35 PM   #365 (permalink)

I claim this topic.

I thought that was a bit annoying and made really no sense.
Brobocop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:36 PM   #366 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by legion624 View Post
There is a cannibal group in the comics but I wasn't sure if they would touch on that subject on the show. I just didn't understand how there was no one watching the gates at all. That was the first thing I asked my fiance "Was that steak on the grill?" One of my buddies thinks Rick is a goner in the next episode as well. I read an article online about a rumor going around they were going to kill a major character that hadn't been killed in the comics. That only leaves 4 options: Rick, Carl, Daryl and Michonne.
Its Michonne and Daryl.
Old 03-24-2014, 02:12 PM   #367 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
I claim this topic.

I thought that was a bit annoying and made really no sense.
well, i thought it made sense.

You claim something, and it's yours unless somebody challenges you for it. At least, that's what made sense in my head. WOuld have been nice for them to explain what happens when two people claim something (since it was obvious that they don't split things but did so for Daryl since he was new).

edit, perhaps they plan to show what happens when two people claim something next episode over Rick's life? i dunno.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.

Last edited by Clarka3; 03-24-2014 at 02:18 PM.
Old 03-24-2014, 02:21 PM   #368 (permalink)

This has been a terrible half season to watch live but will play well on Netflix.

I agree with the cannibals theory and my daughter and I both reacted to the lack of guards or even locks on the fences. Even if they are cannibals, why leave your front door wide open for walkers? Doesn't make sense. Unless they knew the groups were coming. Also, where was everyone? Seemed kind of creepy with all that signs of human activity yet no people around.

KCCO!!
timfsu2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:31 PM   #369 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
well, i thought it made sense.

You claim something, and it's yours unless somebody challenges you for it. At least, that's what made sense in my head. WOuld have been nice for them to explain what happens when two people claim something (since it was obvious that they don't split things but did so for Daryl since he was new).

edit, perhaps they plan to show what happens when two people claim something next episode over Rick's life? i dunno.
I guess I should have been more specific but I was referring to the guy who was choked out for the bed. You would have thought that if both guys claimed the bed, the dispute would have had to be resolved by the leader. I also feel that by sticking with the group this had gone back on some of the character progression Daryl has made so far. I just feel a bit of disappointment since this half season has felt really disjointed so far.
Brobocop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:52 PM   #370 (permalink)

duuuuude.

what if Beth was grabbed by this lady, and the lady was cooking part of Beth on the grill.

in the comics, the cannibals tended to just cut parts off to eat while keeping the person alive as long as possible.

i hope to god this happened. maybe she can sing without any legs and then finally die for us.

Last edited by Clarka3; 03-24-2014 at 03:03 PM.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:03 PM   #371 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
I guess I should have been more specific but I was referring to the guy who was choked out for the bed. You would have thought that if both guys claimed the bed, the dispute would have had to be resolved by the leader. I also feel that by sticking with the group this had gone back on some of the character progression Daryl has made so far. I just feel a bit of disappointment since this half season has felt really disjointed so far.
I agree the claiming stuff is stupid. I think that they are making Daryl seem like more of a follower by having him stick around with this group. Definately interested in what happens when they catch up to rick, carl and michonne.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:04 PM   #372 (permalink)

Quote:
I agree the claiming stuff is stupid. I think that they are making Daryl seem like more of a follower by having him stick around with this group. Definately interested in what happens when they catch up to rick, carl and michonne.
well, Daryl's always been a follower...

followed his brother, then Rick, now these guys...

Old 03-24-2014, 03:05 PM   #373 (permalink)

Quote:
duuuuude.

what if Beth was grabbed by this lady, and the lady was cooking part of Beth on the grill.

in the comics, the cannibals tended to just cut parts off to eat while keeping the person alive as long as possible.
Interesting theory. That would have been a long way for them to travel though looking for food. I haven't read the comics but they also did that in the walking dead video game first season. There was a group of people on a farm that killed people and kept them alive as long as possible because "you can't eat dead meat." Makes sense
Old 03-24-2014, 03:06 PM   #374 (permalink)

Quote:
well, Daryl's always been a follower...

followed his brother, then Rick, now these guys...
You don't think he was taking a little more of a leadership type role though? I am not saying he made the final decision but I think he was to the point where his thoughts were carrying weight in the group, not just "go kill things for us". At least that is my opinion.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:00 PM   #375 (permalink)

Quote:
You don't think he was taking a little more of a leadership type role though? I am not saying he made the final decision but I think he was to the point where his thoughts were carrying weight in the group, not just "go kill things for us". At least that is my opinion.
Oh i agree. he's always just been a number 2 wherever he went, though.

Quote:
Interesting theory. That would have been a long way for them to travel though looking for food. I haven't read the comics but they also did that in the walking dead video game first season. There was a group of people on a farm that killed people and kept them alive as long as possible because "you can't eat dead meat." Makes sense
yep, that was a fun time in the game.