Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2014, 10:19 PM   #351 (permalink)
Member
 
Davesportscards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,344
Default

Why aren't they asking The Mullet what caused the outbreak?
__________________
Please do not ask me "What's your best price?". If you see something you like, make an offer.
Davesportscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:20 PM   #352 (permalink)
Member
 
SerialKilnWalkr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 2,532
Default

TV show killing the storyline.
__________________
Pauly Shore Collector - Please contact me if you have anything Pauly Shore Autographs or Memorabilia
SerialKilnWalkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:22 PM   #353 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,273
Default

I wonder if Daryl will try to "claim" Rick in an attempt to save him from a good beating (and possible arrow to the face.)

I'm getting tired of some of these characters now. I hope Carol shows up and continues to clean house.
Frankp2311 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:25 PM   #354 (permalink)
Member
 
SerialKilnWalkr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 2,532
Default

POSSIBLE SPOILER


Can't wait for them to finally all get together the last episode and then turn around in the premiere next season and split up into groups AGAIN.

Ugh, these back and forth between each group episodes are horrible.

Lizzie & Mika were the parallel to the comics Ben & Billy; same outcome Issue 61.

This Mary woman at Terminus may be the leader of the cannibal group. Although we have yet to meet Terminan.
__________________
Pauly Shore Collector - Please contact me if you have anything Pauly Shore Autographs or Memorabilia

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 03-24-2014 at 01:14 AM.
SerialKilnWalkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 11:40 PM   #355 (permalink)
Member
 
ChicagoCubsWS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Denver, IA
Posts: 5,331
Send a message via Yahoo to ChicagoCubsWS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKilnWalkr View Post
Can't wait for them to finally all get together the last episode and then turn around in the premiere next season and split up into groups AGAIN.

Ugh, these back and forth between each group episodes are horrible.

Lizzie & Mika were the parallel to the comics Ben & Billy; same outcome Issue 61.

This Mary woman at Terminus may be the leader of the cannibal group. Although we have yet to meet Terminan.
Spoilers....
__________________
Collecting Cubs Prospects
ChicagoCubsWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:12 AM   #356 (permalink)
Member
 
ChicagoCubsWS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Denver, IA
Posts: 5,331
Send a message via Yahoo to ChicagoCubsWS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKilnWalkr View Post
Can't wait for them to finally all get together the last episode and then turn around in the premiere next season and split up into groups AGAIN.

Ugh, these back and forth between each group episodes are horrible.

Lizzie & Mika were the parallel to the comics Ben & Billy; same outcome Issue 61.

This Mary woman at Terminus may be the leader of the cannibal group. Although we have yet to meet Terminan.
Spoilers....
__________________
Collecting Cubs Prospects
ChicagoCubsWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 04:30 AM   #357 (permalink)
Member
 
mikestrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 477
Default

This is pretty cool. A little foreshadowing from earlier in the season about tonight's episode: Aspire to Something Greater
mikestrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:23 AM   #358 (permalink)
Member
 
IndyKMB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Central HoosierLand
Posts: 1,392
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankp2311 View Post
Yep. For some reason the first thing that I thought of was cannibals. Not sure why.
Me too.

I've never read the comics and don't plan to until the show has run its course, but that's exactly the vibe I got. Why else would they "advertise" so heavily?
IndyKMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:53 AM   #359 (permalink)
Member
 
free2131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,666
Send a message via Yahoo to free2131
Default

The episode was okay. Being the nerd I am, as soon as the woman from Terminus turned around, I yelled, "Tasha Yar!"

Also, anyone catch the zombie in the tunnel who was an homage to Bub from Day of the Dead? I was surprised no one mentioned him on Talking Dead.
__________________
Braves PC - http://s989.photobucket.com/albums/af13/free2131/Braves%20PC/
Cal Ripken PC - http://s989.photobucket.com/albums/af13/free2131/Ripken%20PC/
"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them." - Albert Einstein
free2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:23 AM   #360 (permalink)
Member
 
Clarka3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2131 View Post
The episode was okay. Being the nerd I am, as soon as the woman from Terminus turned around, I yelled, "Tasha Yar!"

Also, anyone catch the zombie in the tunnel who was an homage to Bub from Day of the Dead? I was surprised no one mentioned him on Talking Dead.
I KNEW I RECOGNIZED HER! I couldn't pin her face down for the brief instant they showed her.

those of you saying cannibals, my first thought was cannibal/cult type deal. I feel like there would be guards or just more people around if survivors were making it there and NOT disappearing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyKMB View Post
Me too.

I've never read the comics and don't plan to until the show has run its course, but that's exactly the vibe I got. Why else would they "advertise" so heavily?

Dude, just buy the trade paperbacks. It won't spoil a thing for you aside from maybe introduce you to characters in different areas.

The only part of the series that was almost shot for shot from the comics was the series premier.
__________________
THE Luke Kuechly Super Collector
pending: w8lifter28 (customs)

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:39 AM   #361 (permalink)
Member
 
underwood4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Moline, IL
Posts: 3,068
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikestrick View Post
This is pretty cool. A little foreshadowing from earlier in the season about tonight's episode: Aspire to Something Greater
Nice. Didnt catch that.
underwood4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:54 PM   #362 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PA
Posts: 350
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankp2311 View Post
Yep. For some reason the first thing that I thought of was cannibals. Not sure why.
That's the first thing that came to my mind too when I noticed the meat cooking on the grill. I'm assuming all of the livestock is gone, unless they have their own livestock...and a huge freezer there! Plus, there is no one else walking around and the gates are there to let yourself in...obviously not worried about walkers.
coalregion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:05 PM   #363 (permalink)
Member
 
calculusdork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 9,646
Default

It's either cannibals, or the secretest of secret government laboratories. Or both.
__________________
================================================================
~~~~~~ Looking for ALEX WOOD - 2013 Bowman Chrome/Draft Color (#/50 or less) ~~~~~~
================================================================
calculusdork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:17 PM   #364 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: VA
Posts: 1,902
Default

There is a cannibal group in the comics but I wasn't sure if they would touch on that subject on the show. I just didn't understand how there was no one watching the gates at all. That was the first thing I asked my fiance "Was that steak on the grill?" One of my buddies thinks Rick is a goner in the next episode as well. I read an article online about a rumor going around they were going to kill a major character that hadn't been killed in the comics. That only leaves 4 options: Rick, Carl, Daryl and Michonne.
legion624 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:35 PM   #365 (permalink)
Member
 
Brobocop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 2,077
Default

I claim this topic.

I thought that was a bit annoying and made really no sense.
Brobocop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:36 PM   #366 (permalink)
Member
 
Jackg1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,890
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by legion624 View Post
There is a cannibal group in the comics but I wasn't sure if they would touch on that subject on the show. I just didn't understand how there was no one watching the gates at all. That was the first thing I asked my fiance "Was that steak on the grill?" One of my buddies thinks Rick is a goner in the next episode as well. I read an article online about a rumor going around they were going to kill a major character that hadn't been killed in the comics. That only leaves 4 options: Rick, Carl, Daryl and Michonne.
Its Michonne and Daryl.
__________________
Official Blowout 2010 Topp Magic Refractor Autograph set collector! STAY AWAY FROM PATCH CARDS! BUCKET: http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc471/jackg1980/ "I trade by common sense not book value"
"No one makes me bleed my own blood"
Jackg1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:12 PM   #367 (permalink)
Member
 
Clarka3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
I claim this topic.

I thought that was a bit annoying and made really no sense.
well, i thought it made sense.

You claim something, and it's yours unless somebody challenges you for it. At least, that's what made sense in my head. WOuld have been nice for them to explain what happens when two people claim something (since it was obvious that they don't split things but did so for Daryl since he was new).


edit, perhaps they plan to show what happens when two people claim something next episode over Rick's life? i dunno.
__________________
THE Luke Kuechly Super Collector
pending: w8lifter28 (customs)

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.

Last edited by Clarka3; 03-24-2014 at 02:18 PM.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:21 PM   #368 (permalink)
Member
 
timfsu2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 1,236
Default

This has been a terrible half season to watch live but will play well on Netflix.

I agree with the cannibals theory and my daughter and I both reacted to the lack of guards or even locks on the fences. Even if they are cannibals, why leave your front door wide open for walkers? Doesn't make sense. Unless they knew the groups were coming. Also, where was everyone? Seemed kind of creepy with all that signs of human activity yet no people around.
__________________
Nolan Ryan, Whitey Ford, Peyton Manning, and Chris Weinke collector

KCCO!!
timfsu2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:31 PM   #369 (permalink)
Member
 
Brobocop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 2,077
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
well, i thought it made sense.

You claim something, and it's yours unless somebody challenges you for it. At least, that's what made sense in my head. WOuld have been nice for them to explain what happens when two people claim something (since it was obvious that they don't split things but did so for Daryl since he was new).


edit, perhaps they plan to show what happens when two people claim something next episode over Rick's life? i dunno.
I guess I should have been more specific but I was referring to the guy who was choked out for the bed. You would have thought that if both guys claimed the bed, the dispute would have had to be resolved by the leader. I also feel that by sticking with the group this had gone back on some of the character progression Daryl has made so far. I just feel a bit of disappointment since this half season has felt really disjointed so far.
Brobocop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:52 PM   #370 (permalink)
Member
 
Clarka3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,221
Default

duuuuude.

what if Beth was grabbed by this lady, and the lady was cooking part of Beth on the grill.


in the comics, the cannibals tended to just cut parts off to eat while keeping the person alive as long as possible.


i hope to god this happened. maybe she can sing without any legs and then finally die for us.
__________________
THE Luke Kuechly Super Collector
pending: w8lifter28 (customs)

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.

Last edited by Clarka3; 03-24-2014 at 03:03 PM.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 03:03 PM   #371 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: VA
Posts: 1,902
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
I guess I should have been more specific but I was referring to the guy who was choked out for the bed. You would have thought that if both guys claimed the bed, the dispute would have had to be resolved by the leader. I also feel that by sticking with the group this had gone back on some of the character progression Daryl has made so far. I just feel a bit of disappointment since this half season has felt really disjointed so far.
I agree the claiming stuff is stupid. I think that they are making Daryl seem like more of a follower by having him stick around with this group. Definately interested in what happens when they catch up to rick, carl and michonne.
legion624 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 03:04 PM   #372 (permalink)
Member
 
Clarka3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by legion624 View Post
I agree the claiming stuff is stupid. I think that they are making Daryl seem like more of a follower by having him stick around with this group. Definately interested in what happens when they catch up to rick, carl and michonne.
well, Daryl's always been a follower...

followed his brother, then Rick, now these guys...
__________________
THE Luke Kuechly Super Collector
pending: w8lifter28 (customs)

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 03:05 PM   #373 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: VA
Posts: 1,902
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
duuuuude.

what if Beth was grabbed by this lady, and the lady was cooking part of Beth on the grill.


in the comics, the cannibals tended to just cut parts off to eat while keeping the person alive as long as possible.
Interesting theory. That would have been a long way for them to travel though looking for food. I haven't read the comics but they also did that in the walking dead video game first season. There was a group of people on a farm that killed people and kept them alive as long as possible because "you can't eat dead meat." Makes sense
legion624 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 03:06 PM   #374 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: VA
Posts: 1,902
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
well, Daryl's always been a follower...

followed his brother, then Rick, now these guys...
You don't think he was taking a little more of a leadership type role though? I am not saying he made the final decision but I think he was to the point where his thoughts were carrying weight in the group, not just "go kill things for us". At least that is my opinion.
legion624 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 04:00 PM   #375 (permalink)
Member
 
Clarka3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by legion624 View Post
You don't think he was taking a little more of a leadership type role though? I am not saying he made the final decision but I think he was to the point where his thoughts were carrying weight in the group, not just "go kill things for us". At least that is my opinion.
Oh i agree. he's always just been a number 2 wherever he went, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by legion624 View Post
Interesting theory. That would have been a long way for them to travel though looking for food. I haven't read the comics but they also did that in the walking dead video game first season. There was a group of people on a farm that killed people and kept them alive as long as possible because "you can't eat dead meat." Makes sense
yep, that was a fun time in the game.
__________________
THE Luke Kuechly Super Collector
pending: w8lifter28 (customs)

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.