Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2013, 12:55 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoTribe!!! View Post
I thought it was very weak for a season premiere. What was the arc? Good thing is that it can only get better.
The thing at the end, which seems to be bigger than just that one thing. I don't want to spoil anything for anyone .

Always looking for Galaxy and soccer autos & patches!
KingTaco77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:23 AM   #27 (permalink)

Came across this..spoiler

"The new threat? Easy Answer!

I think its obvious, we all know everyone is already infected, and when you die you turn even without being bit, this was all revealed to us in previous seasons.

I think the new Threat is just the COMMON influenza / flu virus, or aka Swine FLU, which it passed from infected pigs/live stock, Its just the common flu, and without treatment, it make you so sick your body shuts down, it probably make you so sick almost to death and kills you, and then the ZOMBIE virus takes over. and now your a walker.

They are so worried about walkers, and people killing them, they forgot about other elements that kill people every day, that you cant see like viruses and such. thats the new threat.

the bleeding eyes, just is a visual to how that person died, they contacted the SWINE FLU and it killed them, cause they had no treatment, now the group will have to find some kinds of treatment from the FLU, so it does not kill them"
CAS239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:05 AM   #28 (permalink)

For you Breaking Bad and Walking Dead fans:

Current Non-Sports FS Thread including Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Sons of Anarchy and more! http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/non-sports-singles-buy-sell-trade/786317-updated-fs-thread-sons-anarchy-walking-dead-game-thrones-breaking-bad-etc.html
xbignick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:08 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
i don't think the kid got infected out of nowhere. somebody probably poisoned him or slipped him some infected meat. my $ is on the black dude they showed having a hard time falling asleep. He's acting guilty for something.

if people start up and dying like that, this show has already jumped the shark.
Can be, but then they implied he was an alcoholic, so would think that provides a genuine backstory, and they do need a medic...if Hershel goes.

Just saw it, appeared the guy who died was bleeding from the eyes just as the walker was.

Could it just be the water though? Daryl did lick his hands, which were wet, and touched the kid, that didn't do it right there, but perhaps a transfer by water? Would think it'd be more than that, so probably not.
Current Non-Sports FS Thread including Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Sons of Anarchy and more! http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/non-sports-singles-buy-sell-trade/786317-updated-fs-thread-sons-anarchy-walking-dead-game-thrones-breaking-bad-etc.html

Last edited by xbignick; 10-14-2013 at 02:15 AM.
Old 10-14-2013, 02:27 AM   #30 (permalink)

Kid thanked Daryl for the deer he brought...they showed a rotting deer with flies all over it in the woods. But he couldn't have been the only one who ate it...

SPOILERRRRRRRR

SPOILER:
http://youtu.be/FSi2fJALDyQ?t=3m30s

SPOILER
"Take a drink of water and risk your life."

May not be literal but just pinpointing it's not all about direct-zombie-transmission anymore...seems to be a new strand, evolving.

Guessing it's more about saying direct-zombie-transmission isn't the only thing to worry about anymore, would be odd to put something that specific if it's the water in there, and then what? People have civilized around water sources since the beginning of time. Hmmm.

Here's Kirkman:

"Kirkman: Mother Nature is rearing it's ugly head at a time when we're completely incapable of combating it. This new threat is this Spanish flu-type sickness that is ravaging these people. That's really wrecking things for them. Aside from having The Governor (David Morrissey) looming on the horizon or any other kind of human threat that is out there, or zombies — which is something they're always fighting — they've also got to deal with this thing, which is possibly more deadly than anything they've faced yet. "

SPOILERRRRRRRRRRRR

Last edited by xbignick; 10-18-2013 at 06:00 AM.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:31 PM   #31 (permalink)

Larry Gillard, or DAngelo Barksdale, the guy who looked guilty at the end of the episode was upset because he got that kid killed with his "drinking" fascination.

I dont know anymore spoilers, but I thought that part was easy to connect

I do not ask for much, but please leave feedback if everything goes well with our deal.
IamRalpho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:46 AM   #32 (permalink)

MINOR spoilers here, so please skip if you haven't seen the episode.

Just some idle speculation, I think Carl isn't long for the show. Writers (especially for shows of this genre) seldom do anything arbitrarily, and "Clara Eddie" is an anagram for "dead Carl" (plus a couple of letters left over to throw us off).

Had a bit of a chuckle when Rick and Clara were arriving at her "camp" and she told him "it's just ahead" (which Eddie turned out to be).

Gotta love those writers. Let's hope for a great season!
-Walking Dead, S4, ep 16 ("A", dvd alternate ending)
alantown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:16 PM   #33 (permalink)

Anybody watching the new episode right now?
*The World's Official #1 Ariana Grande Superfan*
Kobe24>MJ23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:19 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24>MJ23 View Post
Anybody watching the new episode right now?
I am.
90sbaseballfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:22 PM   #35 (permalink)
Banned

I am. Lots of deaths in this episode so far
ConRyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:51 PM   #36 (permalink)
Banned

I wonder how PETA will feel about this episode?
Old 10-20-2013, 10:01 PM   #37 (permalink)
Banned

I think that episode was actually pretty good
Old 10-21-2013, 08:53 AM   #38 (permalink)

I'm fairly certain Carol was responsible for the deaths at the end. She seems to be overly protective at the moment.
griffan15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:50 AM   #39 (permalink)

Feeding the mice:

...The flashlight appeared to be of the same style used in the prison. It's hard to believe a someone watching over in a tower didn't see a huge light in pure darkness, but I'll guess I'll live with that. Unless Hershel went crazy and wants walkers to survive again (not happening), it's not a main Prison character. Now, it would be a character they talked about/introduced, so that leads me to speculate it's either Bob or Lizzie, who called made the zombies out to be kind of like pets, and her father's death onto that zombie she was caring about in Nick. Well, what do you do with pets you care about? Take care of them, feed them. So hard to believe the person feeding the zombies wasn't Lizzie. Thing is...why leave a bunch of dead rats there if you meant to feed them? Also, why was the flashlight so high?

On the dead bodies, there was blood splatter on the pillow and there was a blood trail, not from walking, but from someone dragging the bodies. It could be Sasha trying to protect her brother from getting sick, but hard to believe she'd do something like that. Don't think it'd be Carol...while she's teaching the kids to protect themselves without telling others, hard to believe she'd do this being a big main character. Again, that leaves Bob (the black medic), or Lizzie, who was handed a knife by Carol. But how would Lizzie drag the heavy bodies? Unless the other kids helped....a byproduct of Carol scaring them?

Hm....

Last edited by xbignick; 10-21-2013 at 10:00 AM.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:58 AM   #40 (permalink)

^^^ Good assessment there. I was really disappointed by the opener of this season, but last night's episode was much better. Funny, after watching Breaking Bad to completion I could now not possibly care less about the 'relationships' and personal character interaction in Walking Dead. Glad they are drawing up what looks to be a nice long story arc.
calculusdork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:02 AM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffan15 View Post
I'm fairly certain Carol was responsible for the deaths at the end. She seems to be overly protective at the moment.
you know, my girlfriend thought the same thing. I'm not certain she could have done it though, just as far as killing and dragging the corpses.

but, you know it's TWD when they decide to turn a likable character into the most detestable character ever (ala Andrea), so who knows...

beeteedubs, i bet Rick gets super sick after that nice arterial spray he took to the face.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:39 PM   #42 (permalink)

why is everyone stuck on this "flu" theory?

I don't buy into it....Season 3 opened up with Andrea very sick with the flu and Michonne taking care of her.

I think it's someone inside who is "poisoning" people and the piglets before they met there gruesome end to the walkers from Rick also why feed the walkers the rats to get more at the gates.

Im interested but am getting sick of the prison already...quick someone get me spoilers from the comics...I only have the first 4 TPB's
Bader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:46 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bader View Post

I don't buy into it....Season 3 opened up with Andrea very sick with the flu and Michonne taking care of her.

I think it's someone inside who is "poisoning" people and the piglets before they met there gruesome end to the walkers from Rick also why feed the walkers the rats to get more at the gates.

Im interested but am getting sick of the prison already...quick someone get me spoilers from the comics...I only have the first 4 TPB's
Kirkman did say it was a virus

This is from Oct 13th

"Kirkman said, “Mother Nature is rearing it’s ugly head at a time when we’re completely incapable of combating it. This new threat is this Spanish flu-type sickness that is ravaging these people. That’s really wrecking things for them. Aside from having The Governor (David Morrissey) looming on the horizon or any other kind of human threat that is out there, or zombies — which is something they’re always fighting — they’ve also got to deal with this thing, which is possibly more deadly than anything they’ve faced yet.”

Showrunner Scott Gimple also answered the question, but he doesn’t drop a spoiler like Kirkman. Gimple said, “As far within the prison, there’s a threat that doesn’t come from the outside world, it comes from within the prison. We have a whole panel of threats this season. A virtual smorgasbord of threats.”
So even though Kirkman has spoiled one of the mysterious new threats as being a version of the flu, it sounds like Rick and his group will be facing several new threats in Season 4."

And as far as spoilers from the comic..this flu is original to the show. I don't remember any flu like sickness killing people off. It is an interesting concept. They did say at the end of last season (not in the show, but an interview or at the panel), that these people have experienced threat from the walkers and from other humans, now they'll face a whole new threat. Thus turning out to be this swine flu like sickness.

Last edited by CAS239; 10-21-2013 at 07:50 PM.
CAS239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:47 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:

Kirkman mentioned:

""Kirkman: Mother Nature is rearing it's ugly head at a time when we're completely incapable of combating it. This new threat is this Spanish flu-type sickness that is ravaging these people. That's really wrecking things for them. Aside from having The Governor (David Morrissey) looming on the horizon or any other kind of human threat that is out there, or zombies — which is something they're always fighting — they've also got to deal with this thing, which is possibly more deadly than anything they've faced yet."

And the guy on Talking Dead last night (first time I watched it) said they used the 1918 outbreak as a basis for it.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:00 PM   #45 (permalink)

ahhh I see thanks....I don't watch Talking Dead because I do not care for Chris Hardwick

I just didn't see the "flu virus" thing happening when like I said Andrea was pretty sick at the opening of season 3
Bader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:04 AM   #46 (permalink)

Yeah I'm not reading the article:

"Dr. Manny: America's obsession with 'The Walking Dead' is hurting our society"
Old 10-22-2013, 09:48 AM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
LOLOLOL

Yeah, it's "Walking Dead", it's not all those other zombie movies that have come out in the last 30 years.
calculusdork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:57 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
ahhh I see thanks....I don't watch Talking Dead because I do not care for Chris Hardwick
Chris Hardwick should be inserted into a show as a zombie and they can re-enact the zombie-gets-scalped-by-helicopter scene from the original "Dawn of the Dead" movie with his obnoxious, nay obsequious a$$.
"You have to break by the case" Zammos1, 3:16
hairysasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 10:07 PM   #49 (permalink)
Banned

Anyone watching Talking Dead? Marilynn Manson will not shut up
Old 10-27-2013, 10:42 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConRyl View Post
Anyone watching Talking Dead? Marilynn Manson will not shut up
Yeah, he's gotta be on drugs or something...