Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2013, 05:54 PM   #101 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to free2131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
eh, the governor should be dead by now if it followed the comics, killed by his own people after one of them shot Lori and the baby and didn't realize it was just a woman and baby.

and the flu business never happened.
SPOILER FOR COMICS:

Also, Carol would have already fed herself to the zombie after her lesbian advances toward Lori were rebuffed and Tyresse cheated on her with Michonne.

I bet THAT blew the TV show only people's minds...
free2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 05:56 PM   #102 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2131 View Post
SPOILER FOR COMICS:

Also, Carol would have already fed herself to the zombie after her lesbian advances toward Lori were rebuffed and Tyresse cheated on her with Michonne.

I bet THAT blew the TV show only people's minds...
LOL

Considering Tyreese is a character in the comic from the very beginning and just showed up middle of Season 3 in the show ... yeah, everything is different ... but TV is not ready for what you just described
calculusdork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:23 PM   #103 (permalink)

Also for those that want to know a little more from the comic that haven't read it and wonder how it differs from the show...

Tyrese was decapitated by the governor on the assault on the prison. Lori and the baby died in that assault. And the scene in the tv show where Tyrese is overwhelmed by walkers when they were out on the run like 2 episodes ago, that was I believe a tribute to the comics where Tyrese is attacked in the prison basketball court. Everyone runs and shuts the doors as they think he can't make it, they see him surrounded and assume the worst..He kills all the walkers & pops back up after everyone thinks he died.

I love reading the comics and watching the show. I like how you can see stuff that's taken from the comics, or little hints to it. Also knowing a little bit more backstories to some of the characters. But I also really like how if you read the comics, it doesn't really ruin the show for you as it doesn't follow it completely
CAS239 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:24 PM   #104 (permalink)

And thank god they didn't follow the comic exactly or we wouldn't have my favorite character, Daryl!
Old 11-18-2013, 01:34 AM   #105 (permalink)

That was one of the best shows of the season in my opinion, really saw a lot more into the Governor's personality.

But can they really make him this much of a sympathetic character before he catches up to the prison timeline? Something has to happen.

Oh, and they could have chilled it with that lady, it was obvious she wanted the D the whole episode. But in a a quiet truck with two other people in it?
Old 11-18-2013, 01:38 AM   #106 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

I would say far from best episode. It was nice to see more sides to the Governor but I still want to know how Daryl is going to react to Carols absence.

I also fell asleep multiple times this week
fm8418 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:55 AM   #107 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to ChicagoCubsWS

Probably the most boring episode I have seen.
Old 11-18-2013, 04:50 AM   #108 (permalink)

The episode was nice for showing what the governors been doing. But it was a little on the slow side.

I really enjoyed seeing him meeting the family in the apartment and everything that went on there. A bunch of that was taken from the first walking dead novel "rise of the governor". Differs quite a bit as it all happened in the book before Woodbury was found..so I also liked how he used his real name Brian instead of his brothers name Phillip, since Phillip was still alive at the time.

That whole thing ended a bit different than the book, so idk what will happen from here lol.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:44 AM   #109 (permalink)

Can't get much more boring than last nights episode.
Frankp2311 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:23 AM   #110 (permalink)

I personally thought last night's episode was one of the best the show has put on. Fairly deep character development and I thought they did a good job of showing how far the Governor fell after the prison raid and how he has begun to pick up the pieces. I feel like the show has done a good job of showing glimpses into how others have survived which is cool to see. David Morrissey did a great job of portraying the Governor as a broken down shell of his former self. After watching the clips for next week's episode it makes me question whether or not the Governor is really the bad guy now. I think they wanted people to think he was feeding the rats to the walkers at the prison fence, but now I'm not so sure.
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:08 AM   #111 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS239 View Post
The episode was nice for showing what the governors been doing. But it was a little on the slow side.

I really enjoyed seeing him meeting the family in the apartment and everything that went on there. A bunch of that was taken from the first walking dead novel "rise of the governor". Differs quite a bit as it all happened in the book before Woodbury was found..so I also liked how he used his real name Brian instead of his brothers name Phillip, since Phillip was still alive at the time.

That whole thing ended a bit different than the book, so idk what will happen from here lol.
the whole episode was pretty much a tribute to that book, including where he said his name was Brian.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 03:42 PM   #112 (permalink)

Yeh dat epsidoez wuz borin. None them spolzions and all them feelins. Charutur episodz suk!!1!11!!!
Old 11-18-2013, 03:49 PM   #113 (permalink)

It was fine if you want to look at it as character development, but this whole season has been painfully slow.

Reminds me of how crappy Sons of Anarchy was in Season 1.
jeg2315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:23 PM   #114 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeg2315 View Post
It was fine if you want to look at it as character development, but this whole season has been painfully slow.

Take that back right now
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:14 PM   #115 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeg2315 View Post

nah, this is just shades of Season 2 all over again, where they dragged the Sophia search arc out wayyyyy too long.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:25 PM   #116 (permalink)

I loved this weeks episode, as I was preying they showed what happened to The Governer after the Woodbury massacre. And, I have to say, The Governer destroying the walkers in the walker pit was a highlight of this season thus far...
Old 11-18-2013, 10:32 PM   #117 (permalink)

CAS239 please quit talking about the comics in the thread you could be giving away stuff that might happen (cough Gov and Tyrese cough)

This episode is one of the filler episodes. Every show on TV has them. They don't give you the enjoyment you want but in the long run it's needed to fill in the gaps
armyatc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 01:39 AM   #118 (permalink)

wow alot of people seem to dislike this one . i realy liked it . it was like a governor one shot . he realy is a nice man .
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:07 AM   #119 (permalink)

Yes cause a broken down man with nowhere to go wouldn't pretend to be nice
Old 11-20-2013, 01:28 AM   #120 (permalink)

I understand the character development, but it was so roughly done.

I'm just not a fan of the direction the show is taking. Not physically, but how everything is becoming more "movie-like" and less realistic.

That's what I loved about the previous seasons, cast stayed small and things seemed really desolate and RAW.

Now there's a million people involved, it seems more main-stream and less involved on the overall premise of the show.

I understand that they need to introduce new characters, but I find myself becoming bored with the abundance. This family in this episode, I'm not really enjoying that chick at all ... the one who talks like shes so tough but also has to be super-sexy .... blahhhhhhh .... that I can see on every other main-stream network show like this.

I began watching, and REALLY enjoying Walking Dead because it was something DIFFERENT. It felt like I was watching a long drawn-out movie, with a great cast and a super-cool premise.

Now I feel like it's fairly un-interesting, slow-moving and being well over-done.

Drop it back down to 10-20 people involved, include some new crazy twists or something.

A character like Shane was ABSOLUTELY AWESOME. A character like this new chick, or Tyrese's girl ... BLAH! MAKE THE SHOW LIKE REALITY AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE (zombies, I know ... but you know what I mean!) ... keep that realistic FLOW to the show ... please!!!

But I guess this is all because it's based on the book ... oh well...
paul06901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 02:46 PM   #121 (permalink)

my most recent thoughts: - SPOILERS -

governor will overpower martinez and take that camp over (I think it's going to loosely follow his rise in woodbury per the book)

That group will attack the prison, which is being held together by less than 20 people and twigs anyway

Carole will meet Abraham, Eugene, and Rosita and take them to the prison. The mega herd is a tell I believe of the prison finally being vacated and a trip heading to DC because of Eugene's lies (if we keep the general story going we will get the church and canibals soon too) - This small group of course will get to the Prison just in time for the governor's attack.

It was good to know why the prison people just didn't go and move into woodbury. it makes sense when the whole town was torched.

I liked the back story and the link with the books. Interesting to see what happened. I was thinking he ate martinez and the other guy out of survival instincts. Instead it was inferred that they left the gov alone because he was a liability to their survival (talking dead). This is why I see "Brian/Phillip/Governor" taking control of that camp. He is very persuasive. I don't see any alliance with Rick forming. Stranger things have happened, but I think he is too broken to go back to pre-zombie dad/uncle/husband and being nice is just a cover.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:29 PM   #122 (permalink)

Golf anybody?
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:42 PM   #123 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to ChicagoCubsWS

Can't wait for next week. Though Michonne better not be offed.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:55 PM   #124 (permalink)

Great episode. Bring on the war.

(BTW, see how that last episode built up his connection with the family and now that ties into how he wants to keep them safe at all costs... you know... building motivation and character development)
Old 11-24-2013, 11:41 PM   #125 (permalink)

This episode was a lot better

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2131 View Post
Great episode. Bring on the war.

(BTW, see how that last episode built up his connection with the family and now that ties into how he wants to keep them safe at all costs... you know... building motivation and character development)
Surprised you didn't write in idiot speak because people don't agree with you, even though most people just said it was boring and slow.