Blowout Cards Forums
Football promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2013, 01:16 AM   #151 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
Horrible episode. The first hint that this will become a show like the networks, Bones, Mentalist, etc that cannot kill their villains because they don't know how to write without them.

The governor kill shot was not shown therefore, in TV land, he will be back next year. Stupid!
The Governor is gone. This isn't "Sons of Anarchy". Second of all, that was one of the top 3 episodes of "The Walking Dead" to ever air.

http://s1159.photobucket.com/albums/p623/Kingofkings1281/
Kingofkings1281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:20 AM   #152 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac;6182771[B
]Horrible episode[/B]. The first hint that this will become a show like the networks, Bones, Mentalist, etc that cannot kill their villains because they don't know how to write without them.

The governor kill shot was not shown therefore, in TV land, he will be back next year. Stupid!
Can't please everyone I guess?
purejd86p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:33 AM   #153 (permalink)

Just saw it, going to read the thread later but some thoughts:

-Beth and Carl are the worst fake criers.

-Kind of pointed towards a Hershel death with the way his discussion went in the RV, sad to see him go.

-Michonne was with Rick after she killed the governor, where the hell did she go? She knew Rick was unarmed, bloodied, and couldn't even walk straight, but just disappeared? And then how does Carl just come out of nowhere after not being involved in the gunfire scene?

-Yeah, going back to the theory that it wasn't Carol who killed the two people.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:34 AM   #154 (permalink)

Quote:
Horrible episode. The first hint that this will become a show like the networks, Bones, Mentalist, etc that cannot kill their villains because they don't know how to write without them.

Stabbed, surrounded by walkers, gunshot thereafter. He's gone, they don't have to show everything.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:36 AM   #155 (permalink)

Quote:

ilovethelakings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:40 AM   #156 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
Stabbed, surrounded by walkers, gunshot thereafter. He's gone, they don't have to show everything.
Not to mention they were speaking about how the Governor's death was different on the show compared to the comic on "Talking Dead". He's gone.

http://s1159.photobucket.com/albums/p623/Kingofkings1281/
Kingofkings1281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:51 AM   #157 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

Quote:

I know they've shown some human deaths but they aren't allowed to show graphic human death really. You can show all the zombie death you want but there's restrictions on humans.

That's why Hershels decapitated head was blurred out and they wouldn't show the little girl getting shot in the head
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 03:27 AM   #158 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to free2131

Quote:

free2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 03:37 AM   #159 (permalink)

I mildly agree with Ninac. Also agree on the Beth & Carl crying thing. I wasn't impressed by all the carnage. This season's plot line was stretched razor thin for my liking, only to be wrapped with a tank battle, heads flying and little kids getting munched. It was all soap opera shock value garbage. The show will be stretched even further when the spin-off happens.

I've been a huge fan of this show from the start, but my support is waning. Way too much over glorification of people killing people, instead of humans against THE WALKING DEAD. Ohhh ahhh shiny explosions and baby blood....awesome. Am I not entertained?? Not really.

I've gotten on others here for critical posts about writing for Sons of Anarchy, but I felt this was a very sloppy written season of WD. Expired antibiotics cured the super zombie flu?? Really? Okie dokie. Just poor writing to create filler episodes and stretch the cash cow out.

Feel free to destroy me for my hypocrisy on writer bashing. I can take it, but be warned...I bite.

I did enjoy the first episode of Governors return, which should have been half of one episode IMO. He was an interesting character, and maybe the last true collector in the zombie world with his 1 of 1 head collection. No time to get Hershel slabbed.

I'm not a comic guy either, so I have no loyalty to any story from the comics. Hopefully it gets better, but I won't count on it. Not sure if I'll return to find out sadly.

Peace and Love.
CollectorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 03:47 AM   #160 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to free2131

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollectorMan View Post
Way too much over glorification of people killing people, instead of humans against THE WALKING DEAD.
The Walking Dead actually refer to the living and not the dead. The whole point of the show (and the comics) was that the living are far more dangerous than the zombies.

To each their own I guess. The next arc is coming straight out of the comics it looks like, so you'll be missing out.
free2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:12 AM   #161 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2131 View Post
The Walking Dead actually refer to the living and not the dead. The whole point of the show (and the comics) was that the living are far more dangerous than the zombies.

To each their own I guess. The next arc is coming straight out of the comics it looks like, so you'll be missing out.
It does appear they are turning back toward the comic story arc, they did tie up a few ends that seem to point that way but left one open to stay away. With Lilly getting the kill shot on the Governor, although they did leave one thing open to get away from that. In the comics Lilly did not have a daughter, she was the one who shot and killed Lori causing her to fall on Judith killing her as well. Then she turned on the governor and killed him. So it does open the door for Judith still being alive.
shrevecity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:20 AM   #162 (permalink)

So anyone figure out why Michonne would leave Rick yet? Woke up and it's still bothering me.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:35 AM   #163 (permalink)

Let's say Judith is somehow still alive (seems unlikely, but unlike the governor's death they did leave it open), who took her, Michonne (she was with Rick, would be odd), Tyreese, the kids, or the sister of the governor's former lover? But...why not take the whole seat...
Old 12-02-2013, 08:40 AM   #164 (permalink)

The whole seat would be bulky and much harder to carry, even though carrying a baby in that situation would be rough regardless.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:42 AM   #165 (permalink)

Hey, let me just let my daughter play in the mud while not watching her at all!

How do bullets not go through a zombie body? So many questions. Anyway a lot of people saying Lizzie and the other kids hid Judith.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:54 AM   #166 (permalink)

I said the same thing about the zombie shield. Now had it been one of those roaming around the prison in riot gear I might buy that but the way it was done not happening. Then again this is TV.

I still think had Daryl been thinking he would have had Carl put the tank driver in his sights and as soon as it went south take him out of the picture.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:44 AM   #167 (permalink)

Also about the babies blood... doesn't anyone think the baby seat was bloody when they got it.... I mean not like you can go buy a new one pretty sure the blood was there when they took it which was never shown I don't think so why aren't people thinking about it... and I agree walking dead is a play on words yea walking dead are zombies but dead man walking are the humans...
CFHobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:52 AM   #168 (permalink)

Loved the episode btw great action and emotional parts also about the glorification of killing Kirkman himself said on talking dead that Big characters that people like Hershel need a memorable death to go with the character ... I mean it's been a night to sleep on the episode and his death is still fresh on my mind so I guess they nailed what they were going for
CFHobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:56 AM   #169 (permalink)

i enjoyed how this mirrored the comics much more than previous episodes.

got to do some work, so I may chime in some more later, may not.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:19 PM   #170 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

was Judith even shown at all when the kids came out carrying the car seat? maybe it was empty all along.
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:05 PM   #171 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm8418 View Post
was Judith even shown at all when the kids came out carrying the car seat? maybe it was empty all along.
There was a baby in it I believe. I think she even had a full head of hair.
Brobocop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:13 PM   #172 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
yep, definitely a baby in the seat at first.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:13 PM   #173 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
Yah the baby was in the seat. It was heavy for the kids to carry and bouncing quite a lot and the baby was visibly unhappy.
Nicnac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:54 PM   #174 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
yep, definitely a baby in the seat at first.
I didn't go back and watch it but was the baby strapped in when they showed the seat the first time? When they showed the bloody empty seat the buckles looked undone. Don't think a zombie is going to undo the buckles before they eat.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:01 PM   #175 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifish73 View Post
I didn't go back and watch it but was the baby strapped in when they showed the seat the first time? When they showed the bloody empty seat the buckles looked undone. Don't think a zombie is going to undo the buckles before they eat.
They actually made a point (at least how I remember it) to show the baby was not strapped in. They focused on the baby for 3-4 seconds, and she was bouncing around in the seat ... I actually thought to myself that she was going to fall out.

With all the tragedy from this episode, I don't think there's any reason to suspect that the baby is dead. It's just something to keep you hanging on for the next episode.

I also don't see how the writers could possibly justify the Governor still being alive. Besides, say he survives ... who's he got? Not a friend in the world.
calculusdork is online now   Reply With Quote