Blowout Cards Forums
Retail Rummage

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2013, 02:59 PM   #176 (permalink)

No way does Judith die given what happened to Hershel. Governor not only dead but shot in head thus cannot come back - strong wtf @Nicnac assessment? Very intense episode. Michonne gots some 'splainin to do re: her whereabouts at the end. I wonder if the prison population had a bug-out spot for reconnoitering, y'know, like in Doomsday Preppers?
"You have to break by the case" Zammos1, 3:16
hairysasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 03:00 PM   #177 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
They actually made a point (at least how I remember it) to show the baby was not strapped in. They focused on the baby for 3-4 seconds, and she was bouncing around in the seat ... I actually thought to myself that she was going to fall out.

With all the tragedy from this episode, I don't think there's any reason to suspect that the baby is dead. It's just something to keep you hanging on for the next episode.

I also don't see how the writers could possibly justify the Governor still being alive. Besides, say he survives ... who's he got? Not a friend in the world.
Yeah they've done the whole lonely journey thing, gave him his own 2 episodes, and settled it between Michonne and him. He serves no purpose anymore.

Anyway, maybe the baby was crawling away and someone picked her up. So much left open...thought Mad Men was starting after this but it's not until next Spring. What now?
"Blowoutcards is a messageboard filled with experts on Ping pong. These highly trained experts told us they spoke to the President of the United States Mr. Haiku and he claims the card is fake since he faked it himself. Our 2 sources (easter bunny and a unicorn with 2 legs) explained this hobby is filled with crooks." -Unknown
xbignick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 03:29 PM   #178 (permalink)

Thought it was a good episode. Figured Lilly would be the one with the kill-shot after a combination of the Governor's change in demeanor and (obviously) the daughter dying.

100% certainty that Governor isn't coming back, he's the lead in Line of Sight.
jeg2315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 03:39 PM   #179 (permalink)

I expected Michonne to lop his head off. Left him still crawling, they showed Lilly aim and shoot then the chess piece with patch tumble. But not the way I thought he would go. I thought when he was choking Rick, his head would go flying off. Favorite part was Darrel being there when the tank driver turned around. Overall a great episode!

Kevin
Old 12-02-2013, 04:00 PM   #180 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
Just saw it, going to read the thread later but some thoughts:

-Beth and Carl are the worst fake criers.

-Kind of pointed towards a Hershel death with the way his discussion went in the RV, sad to see him go.

-Michonne was with Rick after she killed the governor, where the hell did she go? She knew Rick was unarmed, bloodied, and couldn't even walk straight, but just disappeared? And then how does Carl just come out of nowhere after not being involved in the gunfire scene?

-Yeah, going back to the theory that it wasn't Carol who killed the two people.

I had said previously that Carol was covering for Carl but after last nights episode it could be that shes covering for Lizzy. Especially after seeing her take out the chick with the shot to the head. Think about it, Carol taught them to protect themselves. Wasn't Lizzy the little girl with the fake cough in the quarantined cell block (at least it seemed forced to me). The girls were feeding the rats to the walkers and Tyrese showed the the gutted animal tacked to the board and said the killer was still there. The small bloody hand print Rick noticed on the door. My head is spinning.

We'll find out because they will meet up with Carol sooner than later. Tyrese will try to kill her and the truth will be told.

or

I could be wrong
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
marino5084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:12 PM   #181 (permalink)

I think the baby is dead. However I initially thought upon seeing the empty carrier that someone picked up Judith.

1) Aside from just the good spirit of keeping a kid alive and it's ricks baby, what purpose does it serve to have the baby live to the story? It never played really any part rather than just showing someone care for the kid and bringing them back to reality that there's hope.

2) The baby died in the prison fight in the comic, along with Lori.

I just think that they aren't going to show a baby getting shot or mauled by a walker, so next best thing is showing a bloody carrier and the father and brother crying. I don't see the point of going out of the way to bring the baby back.
CAS239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:24 PM   #182 (permalink)

btw, i think michonne will link back up with rick before they find anybody else. that's what happens in the comics.

i agree- i think the baby is either dead, or will show up later as a "chess piece" used against rick.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:45 PM   #183 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairysasquatch View Post
No way does Judith die given what happened to Hershel. Governor not only dead but shot in head thus cannot come back - strong wtf @Nicnac assessment? Very intense episode. Michonne gots some 'splainin to do re: her whereabouts at the end. I wonder if the prison population had a bug-out spot for reconnoitering, y'know, like in Doomsday Preppers?
You're the only one I will reply to. As with the shows I mentioned before, where they can't seem to get rid of the villains for good, I just got burned on another show I like (Arrow).

The main villain died last season and just popped back up in the latest episode. AAARGH!

Anyway, according to IMDB, the Governor is in 3 episodes next year: The Governor (Character) - Filmography by TV series

Could be a mistake. Hopefully.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:59 PM   #184 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
You're the only one I will reply to. As with the shows I mentioned before, where they can't seem to get rid of the villains for good, I just got burned on another show I like (Arrow).

The main villain died last season and just popped back up in the latest episode. AAARGH!

Anyway, according to IMDB, the Governor is in 3 episodes next year: The Governor (Character) - Filmography by TV series

I wouldn't put much stock in that as the show does not air until 2/9/14 and they have him appearing in episodes in January. Kirkman stated last night that Herschel was going to be killed off sooner but he just could not do it. What I am saying is that things change, maybe he just decided it was time, or those scenes are flashbacks.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
marino5084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 05:04 PM   #185 (permalink)

His appearances next year will more than likely just be flashbacks. Maybe with a new scene filmed, but still in flashback. He is dead. Talking Dead confirmed it.

Scott Gimple also confirmed it in an interview published yesterday on hollywood reporter.

Last edited by greentown; 12-02-2013 at 05:13 PM.
greentown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 05:41 PM   #186 (permalink)

Quote:

I hear the Governor and Merle Dixon team up in Season 4 Part II.
Frankp2311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 05:43 PM   #187 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankp2311 View Post
I hear the Governor and Merle Dixon team up in Season 4 Part II.
That will be some light-hearted banter right there...
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:24 PM   #188 (permalink)

Quote:

It would have been great to have him back as a biter, but that won't be happening. These episodes must be flashbacks of some kind. No problem, I'm sure we'll all find out in good time.
"You have to break by the case" Zammos1, 3:16
hairysasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:45 PM   #189 (permalink)

btw- did anybody see that dirty chick from earlier in the season as a zombie entering the prison?

it was just a brief flash, but she was there (i think).

the girl that tried to ambush Rick and he stabbed her. Cara? Carla?

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:56 PM   #190 (permalink)

Just watched it. Fantastic episode!
Old 12-02-2013, 07:05 PM   #191 (permalink)

I agree with most people that baby Judith is more than likely dead. But for the sake of conversation, maybe Bob saw her and grabbed her while he, Sasha and Maggie ran off. He did get shot so that could be where the blood was from in the car seat.
dvstringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:39 PM   #192 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
btw- did anybody see that dirty chick from earlier in the season as a zombie entering the prison?

Saw that! Pretty clever from the writers

Justin Hunter Chrome Auto Needs: Super, red, gold, black. Help a guy out!
Athey49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:29 PM   #193 (permalink)

I loved the episode. Gotta wonder where Michone is like other people are saying. I wonder how everyone is gonna meet up? They all seemed to be going separate ways. Cant wait till Feb now.
Postman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:49 PM   #194 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post

Yup saw that as well!

Kevin
Old 12-03-2013, 12:17 AM   #195 (permalink)

I dont put much weight into Judith dying in the comics. Just look at Andrea.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:26 AM   #196 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2131 View Post
The Walking Dead actually refer to the living and not the dead. The whole point of the show (and the comics) was that the living are far more dangerous than the zombies.

To each their own I guess. The next arc is coming straight out of the comics it looks like, so you'll be missing out.
What this guy said

I'm glad that it's getting back to the comic book story (or close enough at least). Makes me want to go back and flip through TWD Compendium 2 for a refresher.
"He went from sacking quarterbacks to tackling crime" - NFL Superpro #1
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/comicbookjunkie/
LBSB333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:40 AM   #197 (permalink)

I think the reason Michonne wasn't around after running the Governor through was that she saw the baby unprotected and scooped her up, then ran to get her to some kind of safety out of the chaos. Now that they're all separated (for however long that'll be) she'll find herself having to care for the child for awhile, something she clearly has deep issues with. It would most likely serve as a catalyst for giving us more of her backstory.
-Walking Dead, S4, ep 16 ("A", dvd alternate ending)
alantown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:30 AM   #198 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alantown View Post
I think the reason Michonne wasn't around after running the Governor through was that she saw the baby unprotected and scooped her up, then ran to get her to some kind of safety out of the chaos. Now that they're all separated (for however long that'll be) she'll find herself having to care for the child for awhile, something she clearly has deep issues with. It would most likely serve as a catalyst for giving us more of her backstory.
Are you one of the writers?? I agree 100%.
Frankp2311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:27 AM   #199 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino5084 View Post
I had said previously that Carol was covering for Carl but after last nights episode it could be that shes covering for Lizzy. Especially after seeing her take out the chick with the shot to the head. Think about it, Carol taught them to protect themselves. Wasn't Lizzy the little girl with the fake cough in the quarantined cell block (at least it seemed forced to me). The girls were feeding the rats to the walkers and Tyrese showed the the gutted animal tacked to the board and said the killer was still there. The small bloody hand print Rick noticed on the door. My head is spinning.

We'll find out because they will meet up with Carol sooner than later. Tyrese will try to kill her and the truth will be told.

or

I could be wrong
Never thought about it this way, but you could really be on to something. In the book there are two twin boys, and one of them does some similar weird/crazy stuff. Obviously the boys aren't in the show, so maybe they replaced them with this girl? That would be cool, especially knowing what is to come with them later on (if it stays somewhat true to the book)
Old 12-03-2013, 10:59 AM   #200 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alantown View Post
A lot of people have guessed this, but it was only what, 40-50 feet away from where Rick was? If she thought the area was truly dangerous (get out of there now), would she really leave Rick hanging like that? And Carl appeared to be by the fence, wouldn't he have seen her?
"Blowoutcards is a messageboard filled with experts on Ping pong. These highly trained experts told us they spoke to the President of the United States Mr. Haiku and he claims the card is fake since he faked it himself. Our 2 sources (easter bunny and a unicorn with 2 legs) explained this hobby is filled with crooks." -Unknown
xbignick is offline   Reply With Quote