Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

View Poll Results: HAVE YOU EVER LIED ABOUT A MISSING HIT to Topps, Panini, UD, etc?
Yes 14 4.38%
No 306 95.63%
Voters: 320. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2013, 04:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Have you ever lied about a missig hit *poll*

"HAVE YOU EVER LIED ABOUT A MISSING HIT TO PANNI, TOPPS, UPPER DECK, etc"

PLEASE POLL HONESTLY GUYS!... no 1 is coming after you if you click Yes! lol just honestly curious...
Again please be honest guys & gals!

Last edited by cardsharkk; 10-23-2013 at 04:55 PM.
cardsharkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

Uh, no... I don't even know how to respond to someone who would try to cheat the system.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:53 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotbox View Post
Uh, no... I don't even know how to respond to someone who would try to cheat the system.
I have always wanted to know!! I hear SO MANY STORIES of missing hits, etc... it makes me wonder if they are all legit... They cant all be right?
Old 10-23-2013, 10:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

here come the "angels"

i havent, only cause i dont have time

i still have a package sitting in my car i packed the day after 2013 bowman baseball release that i still havent mailed out for a missing auto hit in a box
ucsdmed13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:21 AM   #5 (permalink)

The only time I've ever complained about missing hits was in 2009. I bought 12 boxes of Absolute football and the auto was missing in 9 of them. The staff at the card shop I ripped the boxes at can attest...and I've been told the story still gets told to other customers to this day.

and boom goes the dynamite...
seahawks4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:06 AM   #6 (permalink)

I've definately sent in requests to Panini/Upper Deck and Topps, when I've had missing hits...I think its been about 5 times...

but never lied about it...
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:48 AM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

No.

I'm a grown up.
asujbl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:18 AM   #8 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucsdmed13 View Post
here come the "angels"

i havent, only cause i dont have time

i still have a package sitting in my car i packed the day after 2013 bowman baseball release that i still havent mailed out for a missing auto hit in a box
So you are saying you got the auto and are claiming you didn't?

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:19 AM   #9 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by asujbl View Post
No.

I'm a grown up.
I have to wonder how sad and empty someone's life has to be to do this.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:40 AM   #10 (permalink)

I've submitted for missing hits, but only when I actually miss the hits. I really don't take pleasure in contributing to the further diluting the card company's ability to give us the best product possible by bogging them down with false claims. On the other hand, when I do get shorted, I do feel ripped off, especially when it's already a bad box, so yeah, I'll file a legit claim.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:01 PM   #11 (permalink)

I am going to be completely honest here, I busted a box of 2013 bowman baseball. I pulled a black ice Bundy Auto /5. I was pissed however bc I didn't receive as advertised the Bowman CHROME Prospect auto, instead a sticker rc auto. (this is after I got hosed on 6 boxes with NO color!). So I sent in the request and BAM S.Romero Auto! I voted Yes just to be honest but really no based on circumstance Sorry for the long read...carry on
sportzkid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
So you are saying you got the auto and are claiming you didn't?
ooooh no, sorry if it was not a clear post.
I definitely did not get the auto, I just have been lazy and have not yet even sent the package.

I also still have a damaged mahamed sanu sp authentic auto patch rc card and a whole pack of machine damaged inception baseball cards I have to send back.
ucsdmed13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:39 PM   #13 (permalink)

I actually just started collecting again and buying online and Panini honestly shorted me a hit in my hockey box how do i go about it. Do they actually take care of you or is it pointless to even try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsharkk View Post

PLEASE POLL HONESTLY GUYS!... no 1 is coming after you if you click Yes! lol just honestly curious...
77latief77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:41 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:

I see you have only 4 posts, and you are out of your mind if you think no one will come after you if you admit to this. You will be humbled quick by some of these members!

my bad you have 301 posts but same difference either way you're newer to the site lol

Last edited by Cubs_rock21; 10-24-2013 at 11:46 PM.
Cubs_rock21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:28 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubs_rock21 View Post
I see you have only 4 posts, and you are out of your mind if you think no one will come after you if you admit to this. You will be humbled quick by some of these members!

my bad you have 301 posts but same difference either way you're newer to the site lol
lol, GUESS I SHOULD STATE FOR THE RECORD... I would NEVER and HAVE NEVER LIED ABOUT A missing HIT... It has happened to me once, out of the maybe 100 boxes of wax Ive opened in my life... So was just curious to know, as it seems to happen SO MUCH to other people... Either the card companies REALLY SUCK at doing their job when putting the boxes together for consumers to buy? Or some claims must be false.... Though I must say 96 No to 3 yes, gives me hope!! But man I will always still be amazed at the countless stories i hear every day of missing hits!
Old 10-25-2013, 02:36 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
lol, GUESS I SHOULD STATE FOR THE RECORD... I would NEVER and HAVE NEVER LIED ABOUT A missing HIT... It has happened to me once, out of the maybe 100 boxes of wax Ive opened in my life... So was just curious to know, as it seems to happen SO MUCH to other people... Either the card companies REALLY SUCK at doing their job when putting the boxes together for consumers to buy? Or some claims must be false.... Though I must say 96 No to 3 yes, gives me hope!! But man I will always still be amazed at the countless stories i hear every day of missing hits!
You've opened only 100 boxes of wax and have had it happen to you at once. I'd hate to humble you, but there are a whole lot of us who run through 100 boxes in a matter of months or at least in a year. Not only that, but there do tend to be products that miss hits more than others. Personally, I think I've only had to submit claims to Panini a couple of times, but for some reason, I've done it many times for Topps Chrome products (Bowman Chrome & Topps Chrome).
Old 10-26-2013, 02:31 PM   #17 (permalink)

I have ripped a lot this year. Quick math says around 200+ boxes. One case of NT but the rest was Topps and I am done for the year.... well maybe 4 cases of Draft but I am not sure yet.

I have never contact Topps about a missing hit. Just not worth the hassle to me. I honestly wouldn't even know how to go about doing it. I guess if I was opening one case a year and I saved up for it all year, I probably would but I guess I just figure Topps isn't going to give you a gold Puig or something. I rip mostly for the big hits anyways so, if it was missing, I just move on.

Has anyone ever got anything decent by contacting Topps about a missing hit.
Old 10-26-2013, 06:36 PM   #18 (permalink)
Banned

Well, this is a stupid thread. I have no idea how it got in this forum.
sunsfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 08:25 PM   #19 (permalink)

It wouldnt be worth it anyway. What are they going to do? Send you some scrub sticker auto you dont want anyway.
callou2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 04:51 PM   #20 (permalink)

to sum it up if you did lie you have also stolen the card

VIEW CARDS HERE: http://s1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb402/Sages_Sport_Cards/
browns345543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:11 PM   #21 (permalink)

I was missing two autos from a case of BC. I was newly back into the hobby and to the 'hit' game. There was no such animal when I used to collect. Not knowing how it worked I just called Topps to ask them. They made me feel like a criminal. I would never call and report it again which was probably their intent.

Regardless of the poll numbers I would be willing to bet that they have tons of people trying to scam them this way so I kind of understand but if they had even a semblence of QC they would have a leg to stand on. In the end they sent me a pack of Sterling which I thought was fair. Crap pack but I have now bought enough BC to know the two missing autos would have been nobodies anyways.

I think the great philosopher, Ron White, said it best, "I had the right to remain silent but I did not have the ability".
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:21 AM   #22 (permalink)

A couple months ago I was shorted 1 hit from a box of 2010 Topps T206. Called and obviously they said they can't help because it's an older product. A week later I ordered a box 2012 Gypsy Queen and was shorted a relic. So I called, figured they wouldn't do anything but I thought it was worth a shot. The person I spoke to said that normally they wouldn't do anything because it was a previous year product with a newer release but she wanted to make it right. She said she would send me a full size relic from this years Gypys Queen and 3 Hobby packs of 2013 Gypsy Queen. Not even a week later I had a package from Topps. Inside was a 2013 Gypsy Queen Jordan Zimmerman Full size Relic and 3 Hobby Packs of Gypsy Queen which yielded this...
/10
Old 11-07-2013, 04:49 PM   #23 (permalink)

In 2011, I missed one hit in six boxes of football, cvering four different products. Every one of the boxes was opened in one of two LCS. I reported these to Panini, yet, not one hit was replaced. I chalked it up to a bad run of luck. I am sure Panini thought I was trying to scam them. Both owners told Panini about watching me open the product, but, to no avail. It all seemed to balance out in 2012 when I was fortunate to pull some monsters from the same products I had been shorted. Elite - Hard Hat #/49 Andrew Luck, Gridiron Gems RG3 triple jersey auto, Certified Demaryius Thomas auto #/15 (not as big as the others), Prestige - Andrew Luck Draft Ticket auto, NFL Passport RG3 auto.

http://s821.photobucket.com/albums/zz138/tnj0426/

Last edited by tnj0426; 11-07-2013 at 04:55 PM.
tnj0426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:56 AM   #24 (permalink)

bought a case of 2010 bowman chrome once and got 10 autos in it (non usa), 9 base autos and 1 refractor auto of gary sanchez, didn't get a sano, shelby miller or anything else worth anything, pulled a chapman it was like 2 centering basically missing a border, actually 2 centering

actually had 3 boxes with no autos and 1 box had two scrub base autos to balance to 10

i looked into complaining, but it really seemed like a lot of effort to get 2 free pedro baez base autos with cocaine smeared on them and 7.5 centering
Old 11-09-2013, 01:05 AM   #25 (permalink)

well a few years back prolly around 2004 I busted a box of 2000 Pros/Prospects and pulled a redemption for a Griffey Auto Jersey card but it was expired! So I wrote a letter about how I was a little kid who doesn't have much money and that it would mean so much if they could honor it. About a month later I get the card!!