Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2013, 09:11 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Tribute to the animals we love

I thought it would be cool to start a thread about some of our most loved friends. Some consider them pets, and other consider them friends or family. Either way, I think it is safe to say that animals have helped a lot of us through some really tough times. If you treat them right they stay loyal, show unconditional love, and never judge you on your mistakes or bad judgement. They are there through thick and thin so lets give them some props! Please provide names and a little background story. Thanks all

These are mine and my girlfriends two dogs. Mine is the big brown one and his name is Diogi (looks italian but just spell dog out loud ) He is a full blooded stafforshire terrier, just turned 8 in august, and was the runt of his litter. He loves all animals and people and is seriously the best dog I have ever had. His only downfall... He is literally addicted to chasing balls. If you say anything like mall, tall, call, fall or something of that nature... IT IS ON! He gets super excited. The little guy with him is my girlfriends and is a rescue. His name is Nugget and although he is coming along, he is the total opposite of my dog. He seems to have Jack Russell, bull terrier, and pitbull in his blood line. He is very hyper, still learning to listen, and very curious! He is still a puppy though so we expect this and are doing what we can to train him. My dog loves him though and they make awesome brothers. Thanks for the read I know it was long, but here we go!
Our Boys!
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Thanks again!
Old 10-30-2013, 02:37 PM   #2 (permalink)

This is my dog, Scout. He is a 3 year old (almost 4) Morkie. Half Maltese/Half Yorkie. He is the sweetest little guy ever. I absolutely love him and he absolutely loves me. He was the runt in the litter but he is by far the biggest out of the litter at 15 pounds. He was supposed to be no bigger than 8 pounds as his mom was 6 pounds and his dad was 4 pounds. I guess we fed him good but I think he is still a perfect size. He is very smart. Knows words like walk, cesar (his food), treat, car ride (gets super excited and runs to the car), ball, squeaker, pig (toy pig), my family members names. He likes to watch the show Too Cute on Animal Planet. He can tell there are dogs on tv and goes and barks at the tv and tries to look for them behind the tv. He also barks at other animals on the tv. It is funny but also annoying. He loves playing tug of fetch meaning you throw him the ball but have to wrestle it from his mouth. He loves belly rubs a ton and will roll over if he sees you within 20 feet. He is not a pet to me, he is my kid. I did not want a dog before I got him but I love him to death and glad I got him.

Last edited by r0yals2012; 10-30-2013 at 02:42 PM.
r0yals2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 03:32 PM   #3 (permalink)

Handsome, handsome royals! Glad you were one of the ones who posted in this thread. I have not been on the box breaks sights in a while so I haven't seen your name around. Best wishes to you and your awesome buddy!
Old 10-30-2013, 03:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

We have a Labrador & Great Dane mix.

3 months old, 15 lbs. when we got him.

Now he's 5 years and 112 lbs.

Brad68to96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:49 PM   #5 (permalink)

I wanted to name her "the beast" (See my avatar). But my wife wouldn't let me.

Old 10-30-2013, 05:08 PM   #6 (permalink)

This is Roxanne. She's our new member of the family. 15 Week old Old English Bulldog

We also have these 2 that we adopted from a family member a year ago.

Bob and Marley (we didn't name them. Bob is the girl, Marley is the boy ) Bob is the one being choked, Marley is the chill one laying down.

Finally, we have Thumper the Rabbit.

Verufian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0yals2012 View Post
This is my dog, Scout. He is a 3 year old (almost 4) Morkie. Half Maltese/Half Yorkie. He is the sweetest little guy ever. I absolutely love him and he absolutely loves me. He was the runt in the litter but he is by far the biggest out of the litter at 15 pounds. He was supposed to be no bigger than 8 pounds as his mom was 6 pounds and his dad was 4 pounds. I guess we fed him good but I think he is still a perfect size. He is very smart. Knows words like walk, cesar (his food), treat, car ride (gets super excited and runs to the car), ball, squeaker, pig (toy pig), my family members names. He likes to watch the show Too Cute on Animal Planet. He can tell there are dogs on tv and goes and barks at the tv and tries to look for them behind the tv. He also barks at other animals on the tv. It is funny but also annoying. He loves playing tug of fetch meaning you throw him the ball but have to wrestle it from his mouth. He loves belly rubs a ton and will roll over if he sees you within 20 feet. He is not a pet to me, he is my kid. I did not want a dog before I got him but I love him to death and glad I got him.
I met one of these for the first time last week in Montana. Cutest little dog I've seen in a while...with the exception of my own, of course.

We have two yorkies and a mix at home. I don't have any pictures of them, but they are as much a part of our family as our human children.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:12 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to JohnRyno

El Diablo Negro
Attached Thumbnails
Tribute to the animals we love-diablo.jpg  
JohnRyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:23 PM   #9 (permalink)

El Diablo Chocolate
Old 10-31-2013, 05:09 AM   #10 (permalink)

This is Mr. Brutus---He guards the cards

Old 10-31-2013, 08:54 AM   #11 (permalink)

hahaha I woke up this morning and coming back to this page was a delight! Thanks for sharing all of the photos guys and girls. I have always wanted an English Bulldog, but I could not justify spending the money to own one with the funds I have available at my age. Well long story short, we got that FREE rescue and on memorial day night he is running around the yard and all of the sudden just tumbles and will not get up. We take him to the vet and he sent his tibia bone through his growth plate. Of course my girlfriend wanted to have the surgery and I am soft when it comes to things like that so after we thought about it we decided to proceed with it. Well, we now call nugget, GOLDEN NUGGET... the surgery was $2800. He seems very happy though. Most expensive free anything I have ever got! lol So worth it
Old 10-31-2013, 08:58 AM   #12 (permalink)

Btw these are some sick pictures you all are coming up with! Coug... that pick is really awesome man! Congrats on that! I love the lab/dane mix maxn and relaxin in the chair too. Really awesome! ... Oh yeah don't forget the rabbit so cool, what type is that?
Old 10-31-2013, 10:34 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazygambler View Post
Btw these are some sick pictures you all are coming up with! Coug... that pick is really awesome man! Congrats on that! I love the lab/dane mix maxn and relaxin in the chair too. Really awesome! ... Oh yeah don't forget the rabbit so cool, what type is that?
The Rabbit is a Lionhead dual mane. He has a mane around his neck and his body.

The other 2 dogs (Bob) is a toy poodle, (Marley) is a pomapoo
Verufian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:17 PM   #14 (permalink)

My wife made this collage for "Simba"...pretty much sums it up!

Hallco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:12 PM   #15 (permalink)

This is my dog, Bruno. He's a Dane Lab mix. 95 lbs. of baby.

This is my wife's dog, Clyde. Basset mix. He's the boss.

2 we're fostering for the local rescue group:
Busy, a lab mix, who is a total sweetheart.

Peachy, a dachsund beagle mix, is a wierd little dog.

Last edited by Footballcardguy; 10-31-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Footballcardguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:21 PM   #16 (permalink)

Here's my pride and joy - Camden, aka Cammie. A beautiful Swiss Mountain Dog princess. Like yours, she's incredibly spoiled and enjoying her life in Towson, Maryland. Will not go outside unless I go outside. Fiercely loyal and protective. Just a pup when I take the leash off on the trail... She listens to me more than anyone. Follows me all the time... Gets homesick whenever I am away on the road (for work). Always happy to come to the door when I come home.

Here's Cammie as probably 3 months old:

Spoiled moment:

Now a 120 pound 3 and half year old princess:

As much as I enjoyed reading your post about your pets, I can't wait to go home and laugh every time she gives out her intimitating barks whenever the kids come to the door for trick-or-treating!
excel_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:55 PM   #17 (permalink)

I like simba's rules! That is great about you fostering those two dogs with already having two of your own football card guy! Plenty of great dogs out there needing a home. I have never seen these lab/dane mixes, but MAN! They are some great looking dogs! I love the Swiss Mountain dog! I believe that is the first one I have seen, and she is gorgeous! Keep em coming guys and gals!
Old 10-31-2013, 10:24 PM   #18 (permalink)

This is Sophie Belle:

She's a 4.5 year old standard schnauzer and "my dog". She's a ball of fun and sometimes "needy" for attention.
She loves looking out of our bay window for squirrels:

She likes to go swimming:

She is also a Pats fan:

This is Gentleman Jack Daniels.

He is almost 14 years old and does not play well with others outside of his "pack". He's my wife's dog. Here he is at his last birthday:
PAYING VERY HANDSOMELY FOR THE "O" IN THE 2009 DREW BLEDSOE BY THE LETTER SET. WILL PAY $25 FINDERS FEE IF YOU DIRECT ME TO ONE AND I AM ABLE TO MAKE A DEAL (eBay and COMC listings NOT APPLICABLE/REDEEMABLE)
ssbledsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:27 PM   #19 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

lots more photos in my two Puppy threads as well as my tribute to Bailey, but RIP Bailey (my blue Weim - greatest dog ever)

And my Black Lab Zeus - Mans Best Friend Through and Through.

Old 11-04-2013, 01:35 PM   #20 (permalink)

Nice Iluv2fish! I love when people really use what a dog was intended for other than being a great friend. Labs are great workers, and it looks like yours surely knows how to get the job done! Congrats!
Gentleman Jack may be the wisest looking dog I have ever seen! Very awesome facial expressions