Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2013, 07:16 PM   #26 (permalink)

Luckily im deployed and am allowed to grow one here otherwise its clean shaven only for me daily. Doesnt matter though since all I can get is a semi ok goatee. We'll see how it looks after 6 months though
Old 11-04-2013, 07:47 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuspies View Post
told my wife I would not shave for all of november.

evil eye and threats later, I still have not shaved, but she has superpowers that she will withhold from me, so I will be shaving tomorrow...:turkey:
I tried to do the same thing a few months ago. One day wife basically asked me how much I liked sex, and then proceeded to tell me how little of it there would be if I continued to grow my beard. I shaved that very day.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:40 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanShakespeare View Post
Ive been growing my beard out since I shaved it for my mom during her Chemo treatments. Well last month I was going to trim it up for No Shave Nov. but decided to leave it Its gonna be huge!
Dan,are you going for the Grizzly Adams look?
Old 11-04-2013, 09:26 PM   #29 (permalink)

All I gotta say... Urban Dictionary: No Shave November
I collect Andre Johnson.
Bars and Bar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:27 PM   #30 (permalink)
Banned

I have a beard. But, it's under my penis. And over my penis. And to the sides. I have a weird penis.
sunsfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:18 AM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ld8759 View Post
Dan,are you going for the Grizzly Adams look?
Lucy, think i can pull it off? Ill post a picture at the end of nov/when i shave.

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
DanShakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:19 AM   #32 (permalink)

Post pics of the facial hair, gentleman!

I wish my husband shaved more. I love the grow back process.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:19 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanShakespeare View Post
Lucy, think i can pull it off? Ill post a picture at the end of nov/when i shave.
Definitely...as Josie said,pics please. That goes for all of you guys!
Old 11-05-2013, 12:21 PM   #34 (permalink)

I have a big beard. I get strange looks from people, mostly old women, when I'm in public.

It's about...huh...I'd guess (no, I'm not going to measure it ((MY BEARD))...) my beard is about 7-8 inches from the bottom of my chin.

I like it.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:17 PM   #35 (permalink)

I hate to shave, so I have been growing since late summer. Most teachers don't have big beards, but I do. I have only had one person tell me it was unprofessional, and I told her that I really didn't care.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:32 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog2003 View Post
I hate to shave, so I have been growing since late summer. Most teachers don't have big beards, but I do. I have only had one person tell me it was unprofessional, and I told her that I really didn't care.
i teach too. I have to hope my beard looks passable by Dec 9th when we have parent-teacher conferences or else it's back to square one.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 02:39 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog2003 View Post
LOL

That's awesome

I thankfully work in an industry (marketing/advertising) where appearances in general are rather lax.

On top of that I currently work for a company that is even more lax than the standard in this field, and even more so on top of that, I don't have any in-state clients, so all of my client communication is emails and phone calls.

So my appearance really doesn't matter, so while I normally have a beard, I've been letting it go the last couple months and is nice and bushy now, and I've also started to grow my hair out and see how that goes as I normally just have a buzz cut.
zonacats8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:43 AM   #38 (permalink)

I grew it for the Red Sox. It got really gnarly, and I just trimmed it up. It is there, but much shorter now. And not really thick. It seems much thicker when it get long and gnarly for sure.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:32 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathgate View Post
I keep a moustache, and all of my white hairs are confined to it. This is the first time I've actually grown my beard out, as I could never get past the itchy stage before. It's coming in quite nicely, except for the fact that it is bright red! Dark brown hair, light brown eyebrows, white/blonde/light brown/red moustache, and flame red beard. The total hair package looks absolutely hideous, but it's mine, all mine!
My facial hair is also soulless...

I can't grow the connectors for the mustache to the chin for a goatee. I've tried most facial hair (beard, goatee, mustache, etc). But, as previously mentioned, my wife doesn't care for facial hair...despite me having facial hair when we met...
PAYING VERY HANDSOMELY FOR THE "O" IN THE 2009 DREW BLEDSOE BY THE LETTER SET. WILL PAY $25 FINDERS FEE IF YOU DIRECT ME TO ONE AND I AM ABLE TO MAKE A DEAL (eBay and COMC listings NOT APPLICABLE/REDEEMABLE)
ssbledsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:32 AM   #40 (permalink)

I'm 32 and have had a beard pretty much for the past 5 years. I didn't have one when I first started my job at CPS and someone asked me if I had graduated high school (not what you want to hear when you're taking someone's kids away) so I have gone beard ever since.

Yesterday my daughter turned 13 and for her party we had a theme where you had to dress like you did when you were thirteen, so I shaved off the beard completely. My 4 and 2 year old daughters had never seen me without my beard. My 4 year old cried and said she wasn't going to go near me until the beard came back. My 2 year old would not look at me. So sad. Today they are both fine, but the beard is already on its way back.
pejc300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:48 AM   #41 (permalink)

How do people NOT grow facial hair? Well, males anyway.... Why are there some that can't grow any?

I shave today, and tomorrow I'm like Santa Claus

It's all about the 76ers in 2015...
SportsItUpCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:01 AM   #42 (permalink)

I've been rocking mine since I was 17, so almost 9 years now. I refuse to get rid of it. GF loves it so that's a plus. I've tried growing it out more in an attempt to annoy here to no avail. I usually give in to myself after a month and trim it out of pure annoyance that she hasn't said anything.

Follow me on Twitter @Davesportscards

Last edited by Davesportscards; 11-12-2013 at 02:11 AM.
Davesportscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:24 AM   #43 (permalink)

I just shaved my mustache for the first time in a year. I was growing it out for nationals but ended up not being able to make it. I can grow a mustache out to my ears but I can't grow a full beard in.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:53 AM   #44 (permalink)

Cool story about this topic: my brother in laws work had all the guys shave for breast cancer awareness. Whoever has the most facial hair by a certain day will win a gift card.
jeffro318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:53 AM   #45 (permalink)

I completely shave for my moms breast cancer when she started losing hair. my beard now is scary!

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
DanShakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:02 AM   #46 (permalink)

Ok, I came in here expecting to see lots of pictures of you handsome men and your beards. Lucy and I are disappointed.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:13 AM   #47 (permalink)

Both my mother in law and I are growing one this month
Old 11-12-2013, 05:25 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosieDively View Post
Ok, I came in here expecting to see lots of pictures of you handsome men and your beards. Lucy and I are disappointed.
Guess I'll be the first.

Follow me on Twitter @Davesportscards
Davesportscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 05:27 PM   #49 (permalink)

That is one of the wonderful things of being a man ... facial hair! A few months ago, I started out with a chinstrap beard. Then, I thought to myself "self: if you just shaved a strip from your chin, you would have a top 5 most epic sideburn setup EVER.

Well, I did it, and I was right. I let those bad boys go for a few months and they were monsters on my face ... mutton chop style. My wife made me keep them all the way to Halloween and bought me an xmen shirt, so I could be wolverine.

Now they are gone, and my wife is complaining that I look too young. Never thought I'd have that problem!
mouschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:17 AM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davesportscards View Post
Guess I'll be the first.
Thank you for being brave and posting! Looking good!