Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2013, 04:34 PM   #26 (permalink)

I can only imagine the pain. I hope to god I don't experience one this badly.
AKHMERICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:49 PM   #27 (permalink)

do you drink enough water
metsplaya123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:55 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by metsplaya123 View Post
do you drink enough water
Honestly, no. But I'm trying to make a habit of drinking water more often. I had a hard time keeping liquids down, I was drinking about a 1/2 gallon-1 gallon a day while I had the kidney stone but I couldn't keep it down because I kept vomiting. Jeez, I didn't even mention the amount of vomiting I did. Ugh.

It's odd though, earlier this year my Cat had Uric Acid Crystals in his urine, which was tearing up his little tubes, causing him to pee blood, and even at one point blocked urine flow. He was in quite a bit of pain. A lot of meowing and crying. Poor little guy, now I know how he sort of felt.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:44 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davesportscards View Post
Honestly, no. But I'm trying to make a habit of drinking water more often. I had a hard time keeping liquids down, I was drinking about a 1/2 gallon-1 gallon a day while I had the kidney stone but I couldn't keep it down because I kept vomiting. Jeez, I didn't even mention the amount of vomiting I did. Ugh.

It's odd though, earlier this year my Cat had Uric Acid Crystals in his urine, which was tearing up his little tubes, causing him to pee blood, and even at one point blocked urine flow. He was in quite a bit of pain. A lot of meowing and crying. Poor little guy, now I know how he sort of felt.
Now you are blood brothers

Sorry had to do it lol
metsplaya123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:45 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davesportscards View Post
Please keep in mind, through all of that I was still making sure I was getting Cards out to their rightful owners on this board. That's how much you guys mean to me!
Sorry for the long read everyone. Anyone else ever experience the joy of a kidney stone?
Glad you are done with that ordeal. I watched my brother in law pass one before and I felt terrible for him. He was laying on the kitchen floor crying.It was not a pretty picture.

On a side note, I am not sure if this is funny or sad but you can manage to ship cards with a kidney stone going thru your body and some other people on this site who have no spouse, no kids, no job and do nothing but sit around all day cannot ship for weeks on end.

Good luck moving forward and I hope you never have to deal with that again.
Old 11-08-2013, 04:30 AM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by metsplaya123 View Post
Now you are blood brothers

Sorry had to do it lol
Lol. Yeah, I think after all of that he and I finally truly understand each other.
Old 11-08-2013, 04:39 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
Glad you are done with that ordeal. I watched my brother in law pass one before and I felt terrible for him. He was laying on the kitchen floor crying.It was not a pretty picture.

On a side note, I am not sure if this is funny or sad but you can manage to ship cards with a kidney stone going thru your body and some other people on this site who have no spouse, no kids, no job and do nothing but sit around all day cannot ship for weeks on end.

Good luck moving forward and I hope you never have to deal with that again.
Thank you! I'm glad to be done with it too! I had only heard stories about how bad they were. But wow, I guess I didn't grasp just how debilitating they can be.

It was excruciating at times sitting there packaging up cards. I'd get one or two cards toploaded and have to take more Percocet and lay down. But once the Percocet kicked in...oh boy...I couldn't even line the tape up to adhere the label to the package lol. My GF must have been watching me struggle because about 20 minutes later (as I was still working on one package) she asked "Do you want me to do that for you?" I replied, "No...no...I think I got this, just having a hard time with this stupid tape."

Thank you, I appreciate the kind words.
Old 11-08-2013, 04:49 AM   #33 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMBB25 View Post
I made it to peeing blood and stopped reading. Oh goodness buddy, glad that you are doing better.
peeing blood isn't that bad actually.

With my stones I peed blood and didn't even notice until I looked down
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:07 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm8418 View Post
peeing blood isn't that bad actually.

With my stones I peed blood and didn't even notice until I looked down
Yeah, there's no pain when peeing blood, except for the pain in the other areas. Same here, I was peeing, looked down and saw blood coming out. That's when I thought to myself, oh crap, that's not good.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:15 PM   #35 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

Yeah, I only peed it like twice and then pain started setting in , in the coming hours. Was in a ball on the steps. Went to ER, they gave me IV morphine, sent me home with 30 count percocet prescription. Funny thing was, I didn't have pain after that so the prescription was not needed, but I wasn't going to pass up free drugs.
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:18 PM   #36 (permalink)

Did you at least make your girlfriend a nifty piece of jewelry with the Kidney Stone?

"Would you like to touch my monkey? Touch him! Touch my monkey!"
chipmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:21 AM   #37 (permalink)

holy crap. I do not want to enter this club. holy crap. holy crap. holy crap.
pejc300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 04:05 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipmaster View Post
Did you at least make your girlfriend a nifty piece of jewelry with the Kidney Stone?
Lol no. I will probably forever keep it.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:07 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pejc300 View Post
holy crap. I do not want to enter this club. holy crap. holy crap. holy crap.
The initiation is downright brutal. At least I have left over Percocet, Norco, Ibuprofen 800 and Flomax if it happens again.