Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2013, 04:34 PM   #26 (permalink)
Member
 
AKHMERICA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Utah
Posts: 1,386
Default

I can only imagine the pain. I hope to god I don't experience one this badly.
__________________
Redskins and Utah State University Alumni Collector
I've been gone for far too long!
Yes, I am a brony. A straight, non-pedophilic brony who does not find horses sexually attractive.
AKHMERICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:49 PM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
metsplaya123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 8,213
Default

do you drink enough water
metsplaya123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:55 PM   #28 (permalink)
Member
 
Davesportscards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by metsplaya123 View Post
do you drink enough water
Honestly, no. But I'm trying to make a habit of drinking water more often. I had a hard time keeping liquids down, I was drinking about a 1/2 gallon-1 gallon a day while I had the kidney stone but I couldn't keep it down because I kept vomiting. Jeez, I didn't even mention the amount of vomiting I did. Ugh.

It's odd though, earlier this year my Cat had Uric Acid Crystals in his urine, which was tearing up his little tubes, causing him to pee blood, and even at one point blocked urine flow. He was in quite a bit of pain. A lot of meowing and crying. Poor little guy, now I know how he sort of felt.
__________________
Please do not ask me "What's your best price?". If you see something you like, make an offer.
Davesportscards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:44 AM   #29 (permalink)
Member
 
metsplaya123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 8,213
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davesportscards View Post
Honestly, no. But I'm trying to make a habit of drinking water more often. I had a hard time keeping liquids down, I was drinking about a 1/2 gallon-1 gallon a day while I had the kidney stone but I couldn't keep it down because I kept vomiting. Jeez, I didn't even mention the amount of vomiting I did. Ugh.

It's odd though, earlier this year my Cat had Uric Acid Crystals in his urine, which was tearing up his little tubes, causing him to pee blood, and even at one point blocked urine flow. He was in quite a bit of pain. A lot of meowing and crying. Poor little guy, now I know how he sort of felt.
Now you are blood brothers

Sorry had to do it lol
metsplaya123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:45 AM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
cking's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: In my house
Posts: 9,274
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davesportscards View Post
Please keep in mind, through all of that I was still making sure I was getting Cards out to their rightful owners on this board. That's how much you guys mean to me!
Sorry for the long read everyone. Anyone else ever experience the joy of a kidney stone?
Glad you are done with that ordeal. I watched my brother in law pass one before and I felt terrible for him. He was laying on the kitchen floor crying.It was not a pretty picture.


On a side note, I am not sure if this is funny or sad but you can manage to ship cards with a kidney stone going thru your body and some other people on this site who have no spouse, no kids, no job and do nothing but sit around all day cannot ship for weeks on end.

Good luck moving forward and I hope you never have to deal with that again.
__________________
Always looking for Gridiron Kings cards. Framed,Autos,Jerseys and Patches.
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:30 AM   #31 (permalink)
Member
 
Davesportscards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by metsplaya123 View Post
Now you are blood brothers

Sorry had to do it lol
Lol. Yeah, I think after all of that he and I finally truly understand each other.
__________________
Please do not ask me "What's your best price?". If you see something you like, make an offer.
Davesportscards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:39 AM   #32 (permalink)
Member
 
Davesportscards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
Glad you are done with that ordeal. I watched my brother in law pass one before and I felt terrible for him. He was laying on the kitchen floor crying.It was not a pretty picture.


On a side note, I am not sure if this is funny or sad but you can manage to ship cards with a kidney stone going thru your body and some other people on this site who have no spouse, no kids, no job and do nothing but sit around all day cannot ship for weeks on end.

Good luck moving forward and I hope you never have to deal with that again.
Thank you! I'm glad to be done with it too! I had only heard stories about how bad they were. But wow, I guess I didn't grasp just how debilitating they can be.

It was excruciating at times sitting there packaging up cards. I'd get one or two cards toploaded and have to take more Percocet and lay down. But once the Percocet kicked in...oh boy...I couldn't even line the tape up to adhere the label to the package lol. My GF must have been watching me struggle because about 20 minutes later (as I was still working on one package) she asked "Do you want me to do that for you?" I replied, "No...no...I think I got this, just having a hard time with this stupid tape."

Thank you, I appreciate the kind words.
__________________
Please do not ask me "What's your best price?". If you see something you like, make an offer.
Davesportscards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:49 AM   #33 (permalink)
Member
 
fm8418's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ohio
Posts: 6,192
Send a message via AIM to fm8418
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMBB25 View Post
I made it to peeing blood and stopped reading. Oh goodness buddy, glad that you are doing better.
peeing blood isn't that bad actually.

With my stones I peed blood and didn't even notice until I looked down
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:07 AM   #34 (permalink)
Member
 
Davesportscards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm8418 View Post
peeing blood isn't that bad actually.

With my stones I peed blood and didn't even notice until I looked down
Yeah, there's no pain when peeing blood, except for the pain in the other areas. Same here, I was peeing, looked down and saw blood coming out. That's when I thought to myself, oh crap, that's not good.
__________________
Please do not ask me "What's your best price?". If you see something you like, make an offer.
Davesportscards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:15 PM   #35 (permalink)
Member
 
fm8418's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ohio
Posts: 6,192
Send a message via AIM to fm8418
Default

Yeah, I only peed it like twice and then pain started setting in , in the coming hours. Was in a ball on the steps. Went to ER, they gave me IV morphine, sent me home with 30 count percocet prescription. Funny thing was, I didn't have pain after that so the prescription was not needed, but I wasn't going to pass up free drugs.
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:18 PM   #36 (permalink)
Member
 
chipmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: dingleberry lane
Posts: 7,435
Default

Did you at least make your girlfriend a nifty piece of jewelry with the Kidney Stone?
__________________
"I lied about having a son because I am the son that wanted the card."

"Would you like to touch my monkey? Touch him! Touch my monkey!"
chipmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:21 AM   #37 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,879
Default

holy crap. I do not want to enter this club. holy crap. holy crap. holy crap.
pejc300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 04:05 AM   #38 (permalink)
Member
 
Davesportscards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipmaster View Post
Did you at least make your girlfriend a nifty piece of jewelry with the Kidney Stone?
Lol no. I will probably forever keep it.
__________________
Please do not ask me "What's your best price?". If you see something you like, make an offer.
Davesportscards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 04:07 AM   #39 (permalink)
Member
 
Davesportscards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pejc300 View Post
holy crap. I do not want to enter this club. holy crap. holy crap. holy crap.
The initiation is downright brutal. At least I have left over Percocet, Norco, Ibuprofen 800 and Flomax if it happens again.
__________________
Please do not ask me "What's your best price?". If you see something you like, make an offer.
Davesportscards is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.