Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

View Poll Results: Will you be buying the Xbox 1 or PS4
XBOX 1 43 39.45%
PS4 66 60.55%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2013, 04:28 PM   #51 (permalink)

Sony will take an early lead with PS4 and then gradually lose it and continue to lose it throughout this generation of consoles.

The corporate culture at Sony will cause it to fail long term as users start to get tired of no new features being added, features being taken away as they strive to keep the systems secure and closed.

The opposite, Microsoft, as they did with the 360, will strive to continue to add new features throughout the lifespan of the X-Bone and fans will recognize this.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:42 PM   #52 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

what did they introduce on the 360 that was so revolutionary?
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:54 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
The opposite, Microsoft, as they did with the 360, will strive to continue to add new features throughout the lifespan of the X-Bone and fans will recognize this.
Oddly enough, the 360 has had very few exclusive games over the last 4 or so years. Well, games that weren't Kinect Required that is.
vwnut13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 05:03 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm8418 View Post
what did they introduce on the 360 that was so revolutionary?
Cross game chat and party chat system, the ability to see what your friends were playing when signed into Xbox Live, achievements, wireless controllers packaged with new systems, expandable external hard drive space, improvements to both Xbox Live and the Xbox Live store, and the ability to burn your games to the hard drive to speed up load times and decrease the amount of information the system has to read from the disc. you could argue that a lot, if not all of these, are available on the PC, but to my knowledge these were all home console firsts.
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 05:07 PM   #55 (permalink)

One more hand grenade tossed into the pile to start up more conversations. In all honesty, this is not a PS4 or Xbox One issue, this is really an issue at Infinity Ward and Activision. One of the largest, if not largest, publisher of video games cannot get a game to play consistently on both systems is a bigger issue I think. You can use the 1080p vs 720p issue or the 60 fps vs slowdown to support your console of choice, but what gamers should be concerned about is why Ghosts is being released in such shape that it is not delivering a similar experience on both?

Xbox One Call of Duty Offers Better Framerate than PS4, Say Reviewers
Old 11-12-2013, 05:10 PM   #56 (permalink)

And here's the nuclear bomb.

This is Dead Rising 3 on the Xbox One (exclusive)

The game is running at 720p and isn't even maintaining 30FPS.

Old 11-12-2013, 05:35 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
Sony will take an early lead with PS4 and then gradually lose it and continue to lose it throughout this generation of consoles.

The corporate culture at Sony will cause it to fail long term as users start to get tired of no new features being added, features being taken away as they strive to keep the systems secure and closed.

In the US, the XBOne may outsell the PS4 but globally, the PS4 will run away with it. Actually, I think the only reason the XB360 outsold the PS3 in the US was price and it doesn't have that this time.

As for features, the PS4 will have all the features most people will use. Most people will not use the extra crap that the XBOne has (they may, for like a week until they realize how stupid it is).

Funny thing is, I really could not care less what anyone else buys. I know only 1 person who has an XB360 right now and dozens who have a PS3 but guess what...I hardly ever have time to play anyway. My wife and kids use the PS3 in the living room more than I do (Netflix, Tune-In Radio, Youtube, streaming music from the laptop, bluray movies, etc) and the PS3 in my sons room gets used far too much and almost always online with several of his friends (all of whom seem to have a PS3).

Either way, I am not buying next gen for at least a year, maybe 18 months. I want to see if either has any hardware issues (RROD / YLOD) and I want to see how Sony handles streaming of PS3 games (have not heard that MS has any plans for being able to play any 360 games on the One). Hoping it will be as simple as drop in the disc, it recognizes it and streams the game.
mainerunr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:35 PM   #58 (permalink)

Doesn't really matter to me as I'm getting the Xbox without a doubt. I'd keep my 360 if it was only PS4 coming out and not anther Xbox. But I think Xbox will sell more consoles. PS4 will win for 1 week, until the Xbox drops lol :P

I work at Target, and at my store we have in the PS4's. We had 8 preorders, and got in a total of 18 consoles. So if people choose to line up, only the first 10 will get a console. So if you haven't preordered and are planning to wait outside a store, make sure to call and see how many they got in and how many are available that aren't preordered. I know at Target if you're waiting in line, someone will come out and give out tickets just prior to store opening. So someone at my store will go out and give the first 10 a PS4 ticket and let any others know that they won't be able to get one.

Haven't gotten in any Xbox Ones yet. So don't know how many extras we'll have that aren't preordered. Also don't know the number of preorders yet. I'm hoping we'll have enough in where my friend and I can both get one on release day. Can't set one aside or anything and have to wait in line like everyone else, but at least I have my discount card. I'm hoping if we get there by midnight, we'll be first in line.

Also if you're getting the PS4 and interested in getting games now or checking them out, they should have some out now
CAS239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:02 PM   #59 (permalink)

Worldwide the PS4 will outsell the Xbox One no doubt. I imagine that in the end the Xbox One will be neck and neck with the PS4 if not sell more in North America where most of it's features (cable box, NFL, ESPN) really come in to play. I think Europe will be close depending on what kind of features and games they get (free FIFA was a nice touch). Japan is probably a lost cause at this point for Microsoft though. That's just how I see things playing out in five years. Obviously either could come out, have tons of issues, and fail but going off of what we have now, this will not be a blow out like some may think. Microsoft is just a bigger company than Sony with way more assets to fall back onto in order to pump money into the Xbox rather than let it fail.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:28 PM   #60 (permalink)

dead rising 3 look awful in those shots. and this game was solely designed for xbox one?
pingbling23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:57 PM   #61 (permalink)

In defense of Dead Rising 3, here is a video where IGN played the first 25 minutes of the game. I just watched it and the game seemed to move very smoothly and look pretty darn good.

The First 25 Minutes of Dead Rising 3 - YouTube
Old 11-12-2013, 09:58 PM   #62 (permalink)

Dat next gen feel!

Look at that horrible pop in! 720p and low 20s FPS. And that's with no zombies on the screen.

Old 11-12-2013, 10:09 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
Worldwide the PS4 will outsell the Xbox One no doubt. I imagine that in the end the Xbox One will be neck and neck with the PS4 if not sell more in North America where most of it's features (cable box, NFL, ESPN) really come in to play. I think Europe will be close depending on what kind of features and games they get (free FIFA was a nice touch). Japan is probably a lost cause at this point for Microsoft though. That's just how I see things playing out in five years. Obviously either could come out, have tons of issues, and fail but going off of what we have now, this will not be a blow out like some may think. Microsoft is just a bigger company than Sony with way more assets to fall back onto in order to pump money into the Xbox rather than let it fail.
The problem is, the Xbox division is HEMORRHAGING cash for Microsoft. It hasn't been in the black since they started with the first Xbox. While Microsoft is a large company, they aren't going to just keep throwing cash at something they won't get a return on eventually.

I could see them pulling the plug if XB1 doesn't go well.

I have been a MS "fanboy" from the start... never owned a PS1, PS2 or PS3. But they have #@#@#@#@ed up A LOT along the way with XB1. I am going over to PS4 for this round. I hope MS keeps floating because competition is great for all of us. The fact that we can argue about which is better is a very VERY good thing and we all win in the end because great games keep coming.

Last edited by freethrowtommy; 11-12-2013 at 10:11 PM.
freethrowtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:25 PM   #64 (permalink)

how can you be an american and never own a ps1, ps2, or ps3 lol. unless youre 80.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:03 AM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingbling23 View Post
how can you be an american and never own a ps1, ps2, or ps3 lol. unless youre 80.
Owned an N64, Xbox and Xbox 360...
Old 11-13-2013, 12:09 AM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Sony has more assets and higher revenue than Microsoft.

Oh yeah, and one of the guys being considered to lead Microsoft has publicly stated that he would jettison the XBox division. Not only would he let it fail, he would kick it into a corner and walk away to keep it from bringing down the rest of the company.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:10 AM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
You're 12 and have cheap parents?
Old 11-13-2013, 12:18 AM   #68 (permalink)

getting both....gamestop.com has already taken the funds out for both (got cod ghosts and it arrived already so they charged me for the whole payment for the xbone lol)
jerryw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:02 AM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainerunr View Post
Sony has more assets and higher revenue than Microsoft.

Oh yeah, and one of the guys being considered to lead Microsoft has publicly stated that he would jettison the XBox division. Not only would he let it fail, he would kick it into a corner and walk away to keep it from bringing down the rest of the company.
I was referring to Market Capitalization in terms of size ($311.88 bil vs $17.57 bil), but you are right, Sony does have more assets than Microsoft does. They also do have higher revenue than Microsoft does, but Microsoft has a higher gross profit ($57.6 bil vs $15.5 bil). Also since Microsoft decided to shuffle it's business divisions around it has come to light that the Xbox division is in fact making money, though not as much as Microsoft's other business lines. Many analysts and trading websites have said that getting rid of both Bing and Xbox would be a step back for Microsoft. I could talk financials all day since it's pretty interesting, but I think it's safe to say that Microsoft, regardless of the new CEO, is in the Xbox business for the foreseeable future.

I'd also like to add that I want, and I think everyone should want, for both the PS4 and Xbox One to succeed. When you have two or more consoles really doing well you end up with better products, better prices, and better games. Heck, I hope the Wii U can bounce back in 2014 and start to really compete. Look at Panini, everyone on here complains about how they have a monopoly on the NBA License and how that has been bad for NBA trading cards. If it were just the PS4 or Xbox One, what would stop that company from doing whatever they wanted? When all consoles do well, we as gamers do well.

Last edited by Brobocop; 11-13-2013 at 09:10 AM.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:49 AM   #70 (permalink)

$100 cheaper and MLB The Show has me going PS4 now. Titanfall will force me to go XB1 down the line.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:17 AM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freethrowtommy View Post
Owned an N64, Xbox and Xbox 360...
hahaha, you were that guy, always going against the grain. golden eye for n64 was sweet, i tried to like the xbox but i just couldnt love the controller.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:35 AM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
hahaha, you were that guy, always going against the grain. golden eye for n64 was sweet, i tried to like the xbox but i just couldnt love the controller.
Going against the grain? Huh?
Old 11-13-2013, 11:46 AM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
Going against the grain? Huh?
I think he is referring to the fact that, for the most part, those systems were the "minority".

PS1 mopped the floor with the N64 in terms of sales.
Same with the PS2 over the Xbox.

The only exception is the 360 and PS3. They were close enough to call a draw.

I think the N64's best games were better than the PS1's best games, but the PS1 had more great games overall. It was pretty much a matter of preference. It was the last system war where games, a majority of the time, were released for one system or the other... both was rare.

Xbox and PS2 were pretty much right neck and neck for quality of games as the only difference was first party titles from Sony and MS for the most part. Same with the PS3 and Xbox 360.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:27 PM   #74 (permalink)

Gosh I remember the Nintendo 64 so fondly. Sure going back and playing it now is a bit rough, but man was that such a great system. Not too many games, but the games they had were amazing. I remember playing Super Mario 64 for like six hours straight without finding a star and having the time of my life. Countless hours playing WCW/nWo Revenge, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, and Mario Kart 64. Look at me getting all nostalgic on the eve of new systems.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:14 PM   #75 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

N64 has been my favorite system of all time. Goldeneye and Ocarina of Time will go down as two of the greatest games EVER.

I chose PS4, but won't be going with either out of the gate. At this point, I have outgrown video games, which is a sad reality. Plus, I don't want my son growing up with the urge to play games as opposed to being outside getting some Vitamin D. Yes, I am aware that as a parent, I can pick and choose what he "wants" to do, but without a gaming system in the house, he has no choice but to go outside and play.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote