Blowout Cards Forums
Shop for NFL Draft Class of 2014 Nike Jerseys and New Era Draft Caps at NFLShop.com

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2013, 10:45 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Fitness plan help

anyone here care to make a fitness plan for me? I dont know enough about reps or sets to try to make one. Figured someone on here is a body builder / weight loss professional.
nickha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:51 AM   #2 (permalink)

All depends on.your end goals and such. Im.a level one crossfit instructor if youre looking to go that route i can help
Old 11-12-2013, 11:00 AM   #3 (permalink)

Did this plan (followed the diet to the T with one guilty meal a week)

Lost 25 lbs and had abs for the first time in a long time.

Now - this takes approx. 1 hour per day - AND if you are just starting out do 30 seconds of cardio between the sets, then the following week go to 45 then to 60.

It is amazing the results!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/docs...sts_e-book.pdf
** GO GAMECOCKS!!!! **
Jgil316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:23 AM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to lobo_hacker

-The short answer is just start moving. Look to increase yoru activity with pretty much anything and try making better choices with your food. If you want a more dedicated plan than that, it obviously gets more involved.

Time. Equipment. Dedication.

How much time you have, what equipment you have access to (if any), and your ability to 'stick to' a plan will all factor into what works for you. Don't do exercises or activities you hate, but give time for the routine to work into yer head. If you don't have any equipment, nor money to access same, the plan will look a lot different versus having kettleball, dumbbells, chinup bar, cable row, treadmill, etc.

Nutrition and your daily routine also will need to be discussed. I encourage you to discuss this in detail with a qualified professional that can run through these and other questions with you in a more personal and detailed way. Hopefully someone here is willing to help, but please note they usually get paid for this sort of thing.

Good luck.

lobo_hacker
lobo_hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:26 AM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickha2 View Post
anyone here care to make a fitness plan for me? I dont know enough about reps or sets to try to make one. Figured someone on here is a body builder / weight loss professional.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgil316 View Post
Did this plan (followed the diet to the T with one guilty meal a week)

Lost 25 lbs and had abs for the first time in a long time.

Now - this takes approx. 1 hour per day - AND if you are just starting out do 30 seconds of cardio between the sets, then the following week go to 45 then to 60.

It is amazing the results!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/docs...sts_e-book.pdf
Keep in mind how often you are going to really work out - you can google (lots of forums off Bodybuilding.com, Menshealth.com etc...that have designed workouts) because if you start with a 6 day a week plan - and realistically you aren't going 6 days a week - you're going to get frustarted. Nothing wrong with the attachment above - I do a similar workout split - but you have to be honest with yourself how often you'll go - and find a workout that is built around that.
asujbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 05:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

It is good to realize that there is no such thing as a magic bullet in getting in shape. It is just hard work, dedication and patience. I think the best way to do it is to associate extreme pleasure with it. If it is hard and not fun at all, you will likely quit.

There is no need to buy fancy shoes or supplements, unless you are gonna plan on living a bodybuilder lifestyle. Just start running. It may be a block the first day, then the 2nd week you may go heck ... I can do 2 blocks! And so on. Just keep at it.

Eat as clean as possible, but I say the cheat meal is key. You need 1 cheat meal each week. It gives you something to look forward to each week.
mouschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 05:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouschi View Post
It is good to realize that there is no such thing as a magic bullet in getting in shape. It is just hard work, dedication and patience. I think the best way to do it is to associate extreme pleasure with it. If it is hard and not fun at all, you will likely quit.

There is no need to buy fancy shoes or supplements, unless you are gonna plan on living a bodybuilder lifestyle. Just start running. It may be a block the first day, then the 2nd week you may go heck ... I can do 2 blocks! And so on. Just keep at it.

Eat as clean as possible, but I say the cheat meal is key. You need 1 cheat meal each week. It gives you something to look forward to each week.

I actually call it a reward meal and not a cheat meal...I knew way to many people at the gym trying to lose weight and had a cheat meal then they felt all depressed and it all spiraled out of control...so calling it a reward makes them feel like they earned and deserve it and will keep them motivated..
jerryw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 05:57 PM   #8 (permalink)

This is all very helpful. Im 6'3 weigh 220 looking to trim down to roughly 200 but when i workout consistantly i seem to hit a roadblock around 210 and cannot lose anymore. Eating is probably the hardest part love my pizza.
nickha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:00 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryw View Post
I actually call it a reward meal and not a cheat meal...I knew way to many people at the gym trying to lose weight and had a cheat meal then they felt all depressed and it all spiraled out of control...so calling it a reward makes them feel like they earned and deserve it and will keep them motivated..
That is a great way of looking at it!
mouschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:00 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickha2 View Post
This is all very helpful. Im 6'3 weigh 220 looking to trim down to roughly 200 but when i workout consistantly i seem to hit a roadblock around 210 and cannot lose anymore. Eating is probably the hardest part love my pizza.

I venture to say diet is 80%+ in the whole weight loss equation lol
jerryw is offline   Reply With Quote