Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2014, 09:30 PM   #226 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpastikMooss View Post
Thanks! I wish Frozen in Time was a real thing...2000 Finest is one of my favorite subsets ever and it just seemed like a college version would be perfect! I'm really happy with our team's participation this week, we had a lot of great ideas from nearly everyone!
Frozen in time is a cool hockey insert set from 2007-08 Trilogy I believe. I'll try to find a link.

Last edited by Clarkandlewis; 02-20-2014 at 09:33 PM.
Clarkandlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:45 PM   #227 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkandlewis View Post
Frozen in time is a cool hockey insert set from 2007-08 Trilogy I believe. I'll try to find a link.
Ahhh I see it now on COMC, it was done several years by UD. Not bad, but there's was usually stars of the time, not legends/legendary plays. Plus ours has on card autos. So suck it Upper Deck
SpastikMooss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 10:29 PM   #228 (permalink)

2014 Press Pass Football - One of the most anticipated products of the year!

The base set has a beautiful base design and consists of 48 cards of the top players of the upcoming NFL Draft.

These magnificent cards will have multiple parallels, including: Gold, Orange /100, Ruby /50, Team colors /25, printing progressions /4, and the green 1/1, a must have for any player collector.

Team Colors Parallel /25

Green Parallel 1/1

Our subset is a 24 card checklist that showcases some of the most important men on the field - the coaches. This beautifully designed set helps team collectors gain cards of the men who lead their favorite teams.

You and I both know a product cannot be succesful without some ink involved. Each player on the base checklist has an on-card autographed version of their base card, and all of the same parallels as the base set are included in the autograph set.

Team Color parallel auto /25

The coaches need some love too, right? Of course! In this year's Press Pass release, we have included on-card autographed versions of the coaches subset, limited to just 25 copies per card. This 12 card autograph checklist highlights some of the top coaches in college football.

The checklist for the entire master set can be dowloaded as an Excel Spreadsheet here: PRESS PASS SET.xlsx
Old 02-20-2014, 10:46 PM   #229 (permalink)

No need for Ambien tonight. The competition's entry is already putting me to sleep.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 11:02 PM   #230 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
No need for Ambien tonight. The competition's entry is already putting me to sleep.
I'm sorry, was there a link that I wasn't clicking on? I'd much rather look at our team's exciting and innovative cards than your boring write up. Granted, I didn't read the entire text, but I can't imagine it rivaled the Dark Tower series or even, god forbid, Harry Potter.

Ours had excitement, innovation, excellence, and pictures. Yours? Not so much. I can't decide whether to watch five minutes of Jimmy Fallon or read your team's presentation. Either would knock me out like that (unless The Roots are doing song parodies, ooh, I love it when they do those!).
Old 02-21-2014, 04:41 AM   #231 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
I'm sorry, was there a link that I wasn't clicking on? I'd much rather look at our team's exciting and innovative cards than your boring write up. Granted, I didn't read the entire text, but I can't imagine it rivaled the Dark Tower series or even, god forbid, Harry Potter.

Ours had excitement, innovation, excellence, and pictures. Yours? Not so much. I can't decide whether to watch five minutes of Jimmy Fallon or read your team's presentation. Either would knock me out like that (unless The Roots are doing song parodies, ooh, I love it when they do those!).
And like the Dark Tower series, our write up is awesome. For Gilead!
Old 02-21-2014, 02:35 PM   #232 (permalink)

Quote:
And like the Dark Tower series, our write up is awesome. For Gilead!
Thanks! I just knew our ideas were so great that my poor shopping skills wouldn't do them justice. I'd rather imagine the awesomeness in detailed writing than show it through my "artistic talents."
Old 02-22-2014, 12:36 PM   #233 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post

I thought Jimmy Fallon was pretty good......
Journey to my first case: $85/$800
Truemountaineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 05:54 PM   #234 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truemountaineer View Post
I thought Jimmy Fallon was pretty good......
Agreed...
Old 02-22-2014, 10:32 PM   #235 (permalink)

I sent this out to my LCS's Press Pass contact rep, or whatever they are called. I will post the results when they get back to me.
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 10:35 PM   #236 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
I sent this out to my LCS's Press Pass contact rep, or whatever they are called. I will post the results when they get back to me.
Are you serious with this or are you in character?? If you're serious, that's so cool!!!
Clarkandlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 10:37 PM   #237 (permalink)

Quote:
Are you serious with this or are you in character?? If you're serious, that's so cool!!!
Don't question the Donald's integrity to get things done
Old 02-22-2014, 11:33 PM   #238 (permalink)

Quote:
I would question any other human being ever if they were saying this, but I would trust the Donald with whatever he says. Hell, he could say he was contacting Meryl Streep or the Pope, and I would believe that our results would be chosen by Meryl Streep or the #@#@#@#@ing Pope!
Old 02-23-2014, 02:43 PM   #239 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
I'm sure they'll be a huge fan of the other team's visual designs.

Old 02-23-2014, 03:10 PM   #240 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawjawjones View Post
I'm sure they'll be a huge fan of the other team's visual designs.

Ok I'll weigh in on this then

Ours were concepts that we think would work out with thier new product that's why we didn't make mock ups

Now your "visual" designs look ok BUT it is something that can not be made since Press pass has no NCAA rights so technically worthless
armyatc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 03:14 PM   #241 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post

Ours were concepts that we think would work out with thier new product that's why we didn't make mock ups

Now your "visual" designs look ok BUT it is something that can not be made since Press pass has no NCAA rights so technically worthless
I'm pretty sure downright copying other companies' designs is just as bad, if not worse.
Old 02-23-2014, 03:18 PM   #242 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawjawjones View Post
I'm pretty sure downright copying other companies' designs is just as bad, if not worse.
Haha what'd we copy? Are you saying "Frozen in Time?" It's just a name, there have been similarly named sets before. We didn't copy anyone's look, we just used some past sets as references for how we envision our stuff kind of looking.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:49 PM   #243 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpastikMooss View Post
Haha what'd we copy? Are you saying "Frozen in Time?" It's just a name, there have been similarly named sets before. We didn't copy anyone's look, we just used some past sets as references for how we envision our stuff kind of looking.
Yep they were concepts...showing off previous subsets from popular older products and gearing around them (never said they would be just like them)

We were going for those collectors that loved those sets and hopefully would bring a little more people over to the press pass brand

Both teams did a great job overall and it should be very close but I do like our product concept a little more then the others
Old 02-23-2014, 05:07 PM   #244 (permalink)

Quote:
Yep they were concepts...showing off previous subsets from popular older products and gearing around them (never said they would be just like them)

We were going for those collectors that loved those sets and hopefully would bring a little more people over to the press pass brand

Both teams did a great job overall and it should be very close but I do like our product concept a little more then the others

Check the avatar thread man
Old 02-23-2014, 05:55 PM   #245 (permalink)

Quote:

Well for this task our project manager became the first person to successfully get the permission to NCAA rights by the NCAA organization...A contract was reached and is pending.
stripedbass91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 07:29 PM   #246 (permalink)

Completely offtopic. I just went to Arby's, I asked for some arby sauce and they put a giant bottle of arby sauce in it. WIN!
Old 02-24-2014, 08:02 PM   #247 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truemountaineer View Post
Completely offtopic. I just went to Arby's, I asked for some arby sauce and they put a giant bottle of arby sauce in it. WIN!
What the heck? Was the person looking to get fired?
Old 02-24-2014, 08:09 PM   #248 (permalink)

Quote:
What the heck? Was the person looking to get fired?
Not a giant bottle like what they use to refill the dispensers. Its like a packaged bottle
Blowoutcards Apprentice Season 3-15125_1462473360635883_490371586_n.jpg

taller than my phone
Old 02-24-2014, 08:14 PM   #249 (permalink)

Quote:
What the heck? Will you squirt it on me and lick it off?
Fixed it for you.
stripedbass91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 11:40 PM   #250 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedbass91 View Post
Well for this task our project manager became the first person to successfully get the permission to NCAA rights by the NCAA organization...A contract was reached and is pending.
I bet the press pass rep might know if this is true or not so hopefully your not telling a lie because that might look pretty bad on your part