Blowout Cards Forums
Draft Kings

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2014, 12:01 AM   #126 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
I have one too many penises to be on the girls team.
I feel you may have missed the point
Old 02-05-2014, 12:42 PM   #127 (permalink)

I think we are nearly done
Truemountaineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:45 PM   #128 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truemountaineer View Post
I think we are nearly done
Yep. I believe it is presentation day!!!
Clarkandlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:47 PM   #129 (permalink)

It says it's due on the 6th.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:23 PM   #130 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highroller View Post
It says it's due on the 6th.
Tonight at midnight, unless I'm reading it incorrectly.

"2/6/14 at midnight EST"

Which would be tonight.
Old 02-05-2014, 03:33 PM   #131 (permalink)

Here is Team Boomo goes the Dynamite! submission:

Team Name: Chicago Vortex

Arena Name: The Cloud

Mascot: Nimbus
http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/ch...ctor-image.jpg

Twitter Account: https://twitter.com/ChicagoVortex

Marketing Campaign: Twitter account for the Team to let fan's know about any upcoming promotions. As well as any other updates for the team. The main promotion for the season will be every time the wind reaches 15MPH on gameday everyone in attendance will get a free medium soda.

In the days leading up to the season opener there will be various Givaways on twitter for new fans to win such things as hats,jerseys,coupons for free drinks and or food and much more.

The Vortex will also partner with a local pizza place in Chicago for a promotion of anytime the team scores 5 or more goals all in attendance receive a free slice of pizza.

We will be partnering with Panini America to make the first trading cards ever for the Vortex players. Everyone in attendance at opening night will receive a team set from Panini

The Vortex will also offer mode of transportation for local fans who don't want to drive to the game and it will be a bus called Nim"Bus"
and there will be a 2-3 commercial series to promote the new team

Commercial 1- Will have the Blackhawka mascot walking to the arena and gets blown back by a gust of wind he gets up with a confused looked but starts to walk again and again gets blown down bu a bigger gust. Once again he gets up looking confused and starts to walk again this team he gets blown back harder and after the dusts settle Nimbus is standing there laughing. the camera zooms out and you seem the Vortex logo over Nimbus as Mr. T walks over to Nimbus and shakes his head he then looks up and says " I pity the fool who gets caught in the Vortex"

Commercial 2- Will show Sidney Crosby walking to the Vortex Arena for opening night. Nimbus will be sitting on top of the Arena as Crosby gets close Nimbus will blow a huge gust of wind his way and Crosby will go flying out of the picture. Hawk Harrelson will then walk up next to Nimbus and simply say "He Gone."

Commercial 3- Will have the Stanley Cup at the top of a staircase Nimbus will begin walking up and as each other team mascot gets near him he blows them away when he reaches the top he will be meet Vince Vaughn and Bill Murray and Vince will say " The Chicago Vortex crashing the NHL one team at a time"

Last edited by cinnakaok; 02-05-2014 at 04:12 PM. Reason: spelling
cinnakaok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:44 PM   #132 (permalink)

Boomo Goes The Dynamite! SwEEEET. Naming the mascot based on cumulonimbus storm clouds that develop at cold fronts and have heavy wind/rain was genius We got this in the bag
stripedbass91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:31 PM   #133 (permalink)

Can't wait to see the other teams'! This is a lot of fun!
Old 02-05-2014, 05:32 PM   #134 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkandlewis View Post
Can't wait to see the other teams'! This is a lot of fun!
Almost ready!
Old 02-05-2014, 06:14 PM   #135 (permalink)

everyone give the team a follow on twitter
Old 02-05-2014, 07:06 PM   #136 (permalink)

Have to make a couple final edits and will submit when I get home around 730
Old 02-05-2014, 08:33 PM   #137 (permalink)

Say hello to your newest NHL team, the Chicago Cougars! Previously known as a team in the WHA, the Cougars are back and ready to compete at a high level next year in the 2014-2015 season. Our arena name is the Pizzeria Uno Center, featuring famous Chicago Deep-Dish pizza throughout the state-of-the art facility. It is rumored that former Flyers head coach Peter Laviolette is a strong candidate for the job as Cougars head coach.

Here are the Cougars home jerseys:

Our mascot is named Corbin the Cougar. Standing a lofty 6 feet and 11 inches, opposing teams consider Corbin to be a force to be reckoned with. He is sure to be a fan favorite.

We have come up with many ways to promote the NHL’s newest team. First, we have created a Twitter page to let the social media world know about the Chicago Cougars:

https://twitter.com/CougarsChicago

The Cougars staff will be holding a tour of the new stadium and facilities, which include Cougar player appearances and ticket giveaways to the home opener. A collectible version of player and mascot bobbleheads will awarded to fans, limited to 500 total copies. Bobby Hull will also be in attendance and speak for the team.

In addition, the Chicago Cougars will be hosting a job fair to promote the team while helping fans seek employment from some of the top businesses in the state, including Accenture, Deloitte, and many others. With an 8.6% unemployment rate and among the highest by state in the country, this job fair will greatly help the people of the Chicago metropolitan area. The event will also include ticket giveaways, free raffle gift baskets, and an appearance by Chicago legend Mike Ditka.

Want to work for the team? An unprecedented move, the team is offering the spot of “The Voice of the Cougars” to fans in the form of a contest with local Chicago sports radio station, ESPN 1000 AM. The station will attend the job fair, as judges of the contest. Fans will have the unique chance of becoming the PA announcer for all home games, as a permanent position with the team. Do not miss it!

Lastly, the existing Chicago NHL team, the Blackhawks, have agreed to have some of their players appear on billboards across Chicago, promoting peaceful relations between two teams in the same city. Pizzeria Uno Center will be hosting a series of 3 exhibition games between the two teams, for fans to check out the arena and team.

Last edited by MikeWilliamsFan; 02-05-2014 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Link Edited
MikeWilliamsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:38 PM   #138 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWilliamsFan View Post
Say hello to your newest NHL team, the Chicago Cougars! Previously known as a team in the WHA, the Cougars are back and ready to compete at a high level next year in the 2014-2015 season. Our arena name is the Pizzeria Uno Center, featuring famous Chicago Deep-Dish pizza throughout the state-of-the art facility. It is rumored that former Flyers head coach Peter Laviolette is a strong candidate for the job as Cougars head coach.

Here are the Cougars home jerseys:

Our mascot is named Corbin the Cougar. Standing a lofty 6 feet and 11 inches, opposing teams consider Corbin to be a force to be reckoned with. He is sure to be a fan favorite.

We have come up with many ways to promote the NHL’s newest team. First, we have created a Twitter page to let the social media world know about the Chicago Cougars:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-G...pse1373312.jpg

The Cougars staff will be holding a tour of the new stadium and facilities, which include Cougar player appearances and ticket giveaways to the home opener. A collectible version of player and mascot bobbleheads will awarded to fans, limited to 500 total copies. Bobby Hull will also be in attendance and speak for the team.

In addition, the Chicago Cougars will be hosting a job fair to promote the team while helping fans seek employment from some of the top businesses in the state, including Accenture, Deloitte, and many others. With an 8.6% unemployment rate and among the highest by state in the country, this job fair will greatly help the people of the Chicago metropolitan area. The event will also include ticket giveaways, free raffle gift baskets, and an appearance by Chicago legend Mike Ditka.

Want to work for the team? An unprecedented move, the team is offering the spot of “The Voice of the Cougars” to fans in the form of a contest with local Chicago sports radio station, ESPN 1000 AM. The station will attend the job fair, as judges of the contest. Fans will have the unique chance of becoming the PA announcer for all home games, as a permanent position with the team. Do not miss it!

Lastly, the existing Chicago NHL team, the Blackhawks, have agreed to have some of their players appear on billboards across Chicago, promoting peaceful relations between two teams in the same city. Pizzeria Uno Center will be hosting a series of 3 exhibition games between the two teams, for fans to check out the arena and team.

I read the team name and immediately went here:
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:52 PM   #139 (permalink)

Both very good and should be close

Very funny both teams used twitter too
Old 02-05-2014, 08:54 PM   #140 (permalink)

I like how Corbin the Cougar has abs.....happy to say thats all I liked though BOMO GOES THE DYNAMITE
stripedbass91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:19 AM   #141 (permalink)

Team Boomo. Doesnt it suck sitting there knowing youve lost for a 2nd week in a row and just waiting for Corbin to announce it?
Old 02-06-2014, 02:24 AM   #142 (permalink)

Both teams with great ideas but unlike team Boomo who had a perfect plan laid out. That other team made a key mistake, You don't partner up with the other team in your city you take them out. Its called Rivals you don't make friends with them you destroy them.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:10 AM   #143 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnakaok View Post
Both teams with great ideas but unlike team Boomo who had a perfect plan laid out. That other team made a key mistake, You don't partner up with the other team in your city you take them out. Its called Rivals you don't make friends with them you destroy them.
That's what the exhibition games are for, the billboards are somewhat sarcastic (like, yeah peace right?)
Old 02-06-2014, 01:47 PM   #144 (permalink)

A winner has been selected. Revealed this evening.
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 02:56 PM   #145 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
Thanks for the update Corbin

Good luck fellas
Old 02-06-2014, 03:42 PM   #146 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
Awesome I can't wait!
Old 02-06-2014, 05:17 PM   #147 (permalink)

all I know is that my tweet about the cougars got retweeted a bunch of times and possibly went viral throwing people for a loop on a new team in chi-town!

win or lose, both entries were entertaining HATERZ RULE
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:33 PM   #148 (permalink)

good luck all....
Old 02-06-2014, 11:45 PM   #149 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truemountaineer View Post
good luck all....
Yessir. Good luck to everyone.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:47 PM   #150 (permalink)

Donald BOHICA - There were 11 hockey fans present. They felt that the mascot for Boom goes the Dynamite while a good idea, made for a creepy walking around costume. They liked how Haterz tied in Uno's pizza, but felt that the mascot's name was a little too kiss assy. However, They did feel that the promotions from Boom goes the Dynamite would lead to a higher attendance base.

With a split decision of 7-4, the winner of this challenge is......

Boom Goes the Dynamite.

MikeWilliamsFan please chose 2 team members to go back to the board room with you where you will argue your case, and one of you will be fired.

(btw, for this season, I, MMBTVS will not be making any decisions about who is winning challenges. There are people outside of this forum that who will change challenge to challenge that will be making impartial decisions on each and every challenge.)
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote