Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2014, 08:23 PM   #176 (permalink)

Donald BOHICA - For this next challenge we teamed up with Gibson Greeting Cards. You have to design a greeting card for valentines day. You need to decide who you are marketing it to, design the front and inside of the card and pick a price that will sell but still create a profit. My Gibson account rep and her district manager will pick a winner. Deadline is Wednesday at 11:59 pm EST. Good luck everyone.
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 10:35 PM   #177 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
Donald BOHICA - For this next challenge we teamed up with Gibson Greeting Cards. You have to design a greeting card for valentines day. You need to decide who you are marketing it to, design the front and inside of the card and pick a price that will sell but still create a profit. My Gibson account rep and her district manager will pick a winner. Deadline is Wednesday at 11:59 pm EST. Good luck everyone.
Ok team I'll message everyone tomorrow....

Let's sleep on ideas tonight and start the brainstorming tomorrow

Remember no idea is a bad idea

#hgh
Old 02-12-2014, 09:45 AM   #178 (permalink)

Its due day.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:44 PM   #179 (permalink)

I'm going to be away the rest of the night due to some prior arrangements my wife didn't tell me about so I'm going to go ahead and post ours

How is everyone doing tonight. I'm armyatc22 and I'm representing team Haterz gonna hate. First off let me say how honored we are to be designing some Valentines Day cards for your company. We know that this time of the year is one of the busiest for your company and we hope that with the product that we have designed it will take a little bit of the pressure off of your design team.

We will be marketing our product towards wives from husbands. Our product isn't just 1 card, or 2, or even 3. We are presenting to you the Valentine Quad Pack. These packs of 4 different cards come in different sizes, shapes, and sayings. You can pick from humorous ones, more serious ones, or even a combination of both. We have also added these on your website where the husbands and go and pick and choose the 4 cards they want or design some new ones if they choose for a small extra price.

Every wife is expecting that one card with flowers and some chocolate and possibly a nice gift, imagine the look on their faces when they get different cards throughout the day. But guess what, that's not even the best part, with using recycled former cards as the stock we are able to sell these packs at the same price as your competitors are selling just 1 card. With this small price tag and more options to choose from the estimated profits from this product should outshine any previous product in the past.

Enough of the talking lets take a look at a sample pack:

Card 1 Front: One of the humor style cards that could be available to choose from

Card 1 Inside:

Card 2 Front: This card shows off one of the more serious styles that we came up with.

Card 2 Inside:

Card 3 Front: Here is another card that would fall under the humor section.

Card 3 Inside:

Card 4: This is a Chalkboard style card that allows you to write whatever you want on the card. It is also in the shape of a heart. This card is more of a write something and place somewhere type of card rather then putting it into an envelope, therefore this card will not have an inside portion and only an outside portion

So in summary we have created a pack of 4 cards that will sell for the same price as 1 high quality card from your competition and should see an huge profit margin from using the recycled cards.

Our team thanks you for taking the time to hear our presentation and we hope that our product can help your company out for the foreseeable future.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:50 PM   #180 (permalink)

Hello all, Truemountaineer here. I know I am not the leader but I figured I would pitch our idea, since our leader has not done anything lately. So needless to say after sending pm's trying to schedule a time we can all chat, I decide (with the help of some other members, but especially ClarkandLewis) We came up with some cards on short notice. We present you with our top 3 designs

1. For the lovable nerdy or crafty couple.
Front:

Back:

2) For the husband who is always the comedian!
Front:

Back:

3) The romantic card
Front:

Back

We have set a price of these at 1.99 that way, the shopper can easily go out and spend the money he saved (not buying a giant expensive card) and get her something nice like a diamond!!!!

On behalf of our team, we would like to thank you for the opportunity to pitch some valentine ideas. I hope we can maybe work together in the future!

Last edited by Truemountaineer; 02-12-2014 at 08:52 PM.
Truemountaineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:59 PM   #181 (permalink)

Donald, I do have to say True really took the reigns on this one. Both teams have great presentations but I felt the need to give True a much, much deserved shout one on this one. I was able to contribute a little but True is undoubtably Boomo's MVP this week.
Clarkandlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:32 PM   #182 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkandlewis View Post
Donald, I do have to say True really took the reigns on this one. Both teams have great presentations but I felt the need to give True a much, much deserved shout one on this one. I was able to contribute a little but True is undoubtably Boomo's MVP this week.
appreciate that ClarkandLewis, you were great as well! thanks for your help
Old 02-12-2014, 10:14 PM   #183 (permalink)

Quote:
Agreed. Though some of the blame lies on everyone (even TM) for our struggles, True rose to the occasion this week. I think everyone did a good job, and I like what we have. There were some strong and weak links, some people outperformed others, but this has to be expected with a team project. I look forward to the result, I think both teams have good ideas.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:16 PM   #184 (permalink)

I showed my wife the opposition's submissions, and she said she would poison me, cut my cajones off, and then divorce me if she received any one of those supposed Valentine's Day cards.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:22 PM   #185 (permalink)

Yes True is our MVP! I'm am sorry I pretty much dropped the ball today! If we lose I nominate myself to be fired.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:23 PM   #186 (permalink)

To parallel the above...army really brought it home this week. I was too busy killing people and he really made our team a pretty fantastic submission. So thanks army for killin' it this week!

#hgh

http://www.comc.com/Users/SpastikMooss
SpastikMooss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:57 PM   #187 (permalink)

Depending on how the weather affects things, I will be seeing the judge for this task either tomorrow or Friday.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:01 PM   #188 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpastikMooss View Post
To parallel the above...army really brought it home this week. I was too busy killing people and he really made our team a pretty fantastic submission. So thanks army for killin' it this week!

#hgh
I am usually not a rah! rah! rah! type of person, but I have to say that he did a fantastic job on a fairly tough task.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 03:06 PM   #189 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpastikMooss View Post

#hgh
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
I am usually not a rah! rah! rah! type of person, but I have to say that he did a fantastic job on a fairly tough task.
Thanks for the kind words guys...yesterday was busier then I expected so I'm glad I got this finished

Good luck other team...it sucks to hear that your leader was no where to be found
Old 02-13-2014, 03:37 PM   #190 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msucollector4 View Post
Yes True is our MVP! I'm am sorry I pretty much dropped the ball today! If we lose I nominate myself to be fired.
I think weve all have ourselves to blame, as Gojays said. That being said, I would also like to volunteer to be fired but its up to someone else to make that choice
ToppsCollector1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 05:50 PM   #191 (permalink)

Happy V day team
Old 02-14-2014, 09:26 PM   #192 (permalink)

Results are in. Coming soon.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:04 PM   #193 (permalink)

Quote:
Results are in. Coming soon.
Anxiously awaiting....

#boomo
Old 02-15-2014, 11:10 AM   #194 (permalink)

Early morning bump
Old 02-15-2014, 01:41 PM   #195 (permalink)

The suspense is killing me
Old 02-15-2014, 01:47 PM   #196 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truemountaineer View Post
The suspense is killing me
True, IMO, you're the safest one in the competition win or lose.
Old 02-15-2014, 01:50 PM   #197 (permalink)

Quote:
True, IMO, you're the safest one in the competition win or lose.

Idk, not getting my hopes up, I think any of us (if we lose) should go into the room.
Old 02-15-2014, 05:37 PM   #198 (permalink)

Donald bohica - the winner is haters gonna hate. I'm not going to bother with the boardroom.

Msucollector4 you're fired.
Old 02-15-2014, 06:07 PM   #199 (permalink)

Quote:
Donald bohica - the winner is haters gonna hate. I'm not going to bother with the boardroom.

Msucollector4 you're fired.

no picture this time?
Old 02-15-2014, 06:58 PM   #200 (permalink)

army took this one down!