Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/27/14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2014, 07:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Mass Effects

I haven't played video games since college (graduated in 2000) and even when I did, it was usually just sports games or James Bond Golden Eye.

I had a friend staying with me for a month last year and he had his Xbox 360 and I started playing Call of Duty (killing zombies) and loved it so when I had the chance to aquire an Xbox for $50, I did. Last week I went to the video game store with hopes of getting a game with a cool story. The girl recommended Mass Effects and I think it is a really cool game. Still a rookie but awesome anyways.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

You're getting into the system at the right time. The games are cheap and there are plenty of good ones. Mass Effect is one of my favorites (the whole trilogy is great).

Lots of [???], [Missing] and #N/A at ROCK BOTTOM PRICES!
Chaddie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

Mass effect changed what I looked for in video games. It is fantastic. You sound also play fallout 3 and Bioshock.
legion624 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 11:38 PM   #4 (permalink)

Mass Effect trilogy (play them in order).

I would also suggest Fallout 3 (i've only played the regular one, not the expansions like New Vegas).

I've heard the X-Com games are good, but haven't played them yet.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 11:47 PM   #5 (permalink)

I have yet to play the Mass Effect series, but I agree with everyone else when they say Fallout 3. I don't think I've ever invested so much time into a modern day video game as I did Fallout 3. I really enjoyed New Vegas as well, but never completed it due to all the freezing. If you can get past the bugs, glitches and freezing you should be good.
Old 02-27-2014, 12:52 AM   #6 (permalink)

play fallout 3

the graphics are a bit outdated now that it has been out for 6 years, but it has a compelling story, solid gameplay, beautiful environments, and a 70-80 hour gameplay time. really is the best bang for your buck, my all time favorite game.
Old 02-27-2014, 05:17 AM   #7 (permalink)

I forgot to mention that if you play fallout you need to get the expansion called new steel if I remember correctly. You get to continue playing the game after you beat the main story.
Old 02-27-2014, 05:48 AM   #8 (permalink)

I think you'd like the Gears of War series, and they can usually be found used really cheap. I'd also highly recomend Red Dead Redemption.
rtcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 07:24 AM   #9 (permalink)

I liked Gears of War but it kinda reminded me of Halo. Pretty fun until you beat it, mainly geared towards multiplayer. I have heard Red Dead is awesome but I have never played it myself.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:27 AM   #10 (permalink)

I recommend Elder Scrolls Skyrim. A very entertaining and deep game.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:23 AM   #11 (permalink)

Holy cow, how did I forget Skyrim? That game is awesome. I can't wait for Bethesda to do a next-gen console game. I have Wolfenstein reserved but am really just waiting for Destiny to come out in September.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:59 AM   #12 (permalink)

If you can hook your 360 to the internet and you have a 20gig or higher hard drive then I suggest getting xbox live gold... right now on the 1st and 16th of every month they give away a free game. You can get a 3 month for $20 bucks and it will pay for itself with 1 free game.

Since you suggested enjoying killing zombies and Mass effect then I suggest Dead Island - It is another game where you do missions/Level up/skill tree with tons of game play.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:14 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawks fan View Post
If you can hook your 360 to the internet and you have a 20gig or higher hard drive then I suggest getting xbox live gold... right now on the 1st and 16th of every month they give away a free game. You can get a 3 month for $20 bucks and it will pay for itself with 1 free game.

Since you suggested enjoying killing zombies and Mass effect then I suggest Dead Island - It is another game where you do missions/Level up/skill tree with tons of game play.
i can't believe I forgot Dead Island. This game is more fun via multiplayer though.

get Riptide too, it's the "2nd" game.

I went hard into Dead Island, got all the "special weapons". I got the force-lightning glove, but when I tried to duplicate it (through a glitch) the glove just disappeared. Got what I deserved

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.

Last edited by Clarka3; 02-27-2014 at 10:27 AM.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 02:10 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawks fan View Post

Great advice. If you've never had a chance to play these games, they're just handing them out left and right. Easily worth the $40-60 a year.

Games with Gold - two bonus games a month with Xbox Live Gold | Xbox Canada - Xbox.com

Speaking of Free games very 1/2 month for Gold subscribers. Dead Island was one of the free games not too long ago . You'll get pleasantly surprised at some of the freebies they put out. Another great zombie killing game is Dead Rising. Dead Rising 2 was actually a freebie put out last year.

Even if you don't have a huge HDD, if you start the download, it is forever linked to your live account, so you can always download it again later for free.

Edit: Here's what's been given out so far - It's EASILY worth the subscription if you didn't already own most of these - https://www.gamepointsnow.com/blog/x...old-full-list/

Lots of [???], [Missing] and #N/A at ROCK BOTTOM PRICES!

Last edited by Chaddie84; 02-27-2014 at 02:12 PM.
Chaddie84 is offline   Reply With Quote