Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2014, 07:48 PM   #151 (permalink)

This is insane. Hope they can find it soon! Heck just saw someone share on Facebook that plane had a failure in Philadelphia with all of the landing gear in such in the past few minutes

Also selling drawings, send me a pm for any questions
Braveskid1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:53 PM   #152 (permalink)

Why aren't they able to isolate the location from people's cellphone's GPS data from calls made on the plane?
Old 03-13-2014, 07:59 PM   #153 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthoemke View Post
Why aren't they able to isolate the location from people's cellphone's GPS data from calls made on the plane?
Aliens spaceships have ways of preventing GPS detection.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:03 PM   #154 (permalink)

Wrong thread, oops
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:04 PM   #155 (permalink)

Edit: Added full story for those whom cannot access without subscription...

Satellites Received 'Pings' From Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 for Hours After Jet Fell Off Radar - WSJ.com

Updated March 13, 2014 8:43 p.m. ET

Communication satellites received intermittent data "pings" from a missing Malaysia Airlines 3786.KU +2.13% jet, giving the plane's location, speed and altitude for at least five hours after it disappeared from civilian radar screens, people briefed on the investigation said Thursday.

The final satellite ping was sent from over water, at what one of these people called a "normal" cruising altitude. The people declined to say where specifically the transmission originated, adding that it was unclear why the transmissions stopped. One possibility one person cited was that the system sending them had been disabled by someone on board.

The automatic pings, or attempts to link up with satellites operated by Inmarsat ISAT.LN -1.32% PLC, occurred a number of times after Malaysia Airlines Flight 370's last verified position, these people said, indicating that at least through those hours, the Boeing Co. BA -2.04% 777 carrying 239 people remained intact and hadn't been destroyed in a crash, act of sabotage or explosion.

Malaysia Airlines said it hadn't received any such data.

Chicago-based Boeing declined to comment Thursday.

If the plane remained airborne for that entire period it could have flown more than 2,200 nautical miles from its last confirmed position over the Gulf of Thailand, these people said.

On Thursday, meanwhile, the international search for the plane zeroed in on areas far west of the plane's last known location.

Cmdr. William Marks, the spokesman for the U.S. Seventh Fleet, said the USS Kidd would move through the Strait of Malacca, on Malaysia's west coast, and stay at its northwest entrance, while surveillance planes would search an area of the Indian Ocean 1,000 miles or more west of the strait.

Malaysia, which is overseeing the search effort, directed Indian forces to a specific set of coordinate in the Andaman Sea, northwest of the Malay peninsula, an Indian official said Thursday.

"There was no specified rationale behind looking in those areas, but a detailed list was provided late Wednesday evening," the Indian official said.

U.S. aviation investigators said they were analyzing the satellite transmissions to determine whether they can glean information about the plane's location or status. The transmissions were sent via onboard technology designed to send routine maintenance and system-monitoring data back to the ground via satellite links, according to people familiar with the matter.

Among the possible scenarios investigators said they are now considering is whether the jet may have landed at any point during the five-hour period under scrutiny, or whether it ultimately crashed.

The people said aviation investigators are exploring the possibility that someone on the plane may have intentionally disabled two other automated communication systems in an attempt to avoid detection. One system is the transponders, which transmit to ground radar stations information on the plane's identity, location and altitude, and another system that collects and transmits data about several of the plane's key systems.

The widebody jet was scheduled to fly overnight to Beijing from Kuala Lumpur in the predawn hours of March 8. Its transponders last communicated with Malaysian civilian radar about an hour after takeoff.

After the plane dropped off civilian radar screens, these people said, the satellite link operated in a kind of standby mode for several hours and sought to establish contact with a satellite or satellites. These transmissions didn't include data about any of the plane's critical systems, they said, but the periodic contacts indicate to investigators that the plane was still intact and believed to be flying at least a significant portion of that time. The people said the transmissions included detailed information about the plane's location, speed and bearing.

The transmissions, one person said, were comparable to the plane "saying I'm here, I'm ready to send data."

Unknown so far to investigators is what happened to the plane following the final satellite ping, these people said. Questions remain about the plane's status, including what was happening in the cockpit.

But the huge uncertainty about where the plane was headed, and why it apparently continued flying so long without working transponders and other communication links, has raised theories among investigators that the aircraft may have been commandeered for reasons that remain unclear to U.S. authorities.

At one briefing, according to this person, officials were told that investigators are actively pursuing the notion that the plane was diverted "with the intention of using it later for another purpose."

As authorities scramble to analyze and understand all of the transmissions from the missing 777, the situation continues to change rapidly. Some people briefed on the issue initially described the transmissions as information that had been relayed from onboard monitoring systems embedded in the two Rolls-Royce PLC Trent 800 engines, not the idling satellite communications system.

Flight 370
lost contact at 1:30 a.m. Malaysia time on March 8, so it has been missing for:
6 Days 9 Hours 14 Minutes

Underwater locator beacons in 'black boxes' have battery lives of 30 days, leaving:
23 Days of battery life
Attached Thumbnails
Malaysian Airlines plane goes down with all passengers...-p1-bp443a_malay_g.jpg  

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 03-13-2014 at 09:52 PM.
SerialKilnWalkr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:27 PM   #156 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to groundsupport

Blame Catholics
groundsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:02 PM   #157 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Yeah, read that. They likened it to the plane trying to tell someone where they are, but noone was listening.
tajikey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:03 PM   #158 (permalink)

Blame migraine
Old 03-13-2014, 10:14 PM   #159 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
Blame migraine
Did he use tentacles or testicles?
Old 03-13-2014, 10:24 PM   #160 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
By process of elimination it had to be tentacles.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:21 PM   #161 (permalink)

They're saying now, two separate communications devices were deactivated 14 minutes apart before the plane changed direction.

The Iranians don't look likely for this as they were planning to catch a flight to Europe to disappear there on the fake passports.

If they had nothing to do with any hijacking, they are the unluckiest asylum seekers on the planet.

This story is really unsettling.
Nicnac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:15 AM   #162 (permalink)

cyberpvnk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 06:59 AM   #163 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
They're saying now, two separate communications devices were deactivated 14 minutes apart before the plane changed direction.

The Iranians don't look likely for this as they were planning to catch a flight to Europe to disappear there on the fake passports.

If they had nothing to do with any hijacking, they are the unluckiest asylum seekers on the planet.

This story is really unsettling.
It really is.........

for somebody to even have the KNOWLEDGE to deactivate those devices - was it just an on/off switch, or did it require two people to deactivate or some code sequence to do so??

Are pilots trained to know about that type of stuff? If so, why would they be?

that brings up a whole 'nother set of questions

It's looking less likely it was a giant squid afterall

"Would you like to touch my monkey? Touch him! Touch my monkey!"
chipmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:15 AM   #164 (permalink)
Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipmaster View Post
It really is.........

for somebody to even have the KNOWLEDGE to deactivate those devices - was it just an on/off switch, or did it require two people to deactivate or some code sequence to do so??

Are pilots trained to know about that type of stuff? If so, why would they be?

that brings up a whole 'nother set of questions

It's looking less likely it was a giant squid afterall
Don't you know that giant squids have mind control powers as well as 40 foot testicles?

http://s1058.photobucket.com/albums/t403/klay22/
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:55 AM   #165 (permalink)

Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources | Reuters

Malaysia Airlines: The pilots of the missing plane

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 03-14-2014 at 08:05 AM.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:16 AM   #166 (permalink)

Missing Malaysian plane: Could it have landed? - CNN.com

Saying it could have landed on a remote Indian island now.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:16 AM   #167 (permalink)

The families of the people on that plane must feel so jerked around by this point. Good grief.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:20 AM   #168 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundsupport View Post

Just like it could have been plucked out of the ocean by a 40 foot testicle, right? The likelihood seems, well, pretty unlikely

"Would you like to touch my monkey? Touch him! Touch my monkey!"
chipmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:21 AM   #169 (permalink)

I thought it was 30 foot?
Old 03-14-2014, 10:21 AM   #170 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
Imagine the case of blue balls a giant squid would have with 30 foot testicles? OUCH.
cyberpvnk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:33 AM   #171 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundsupport View Post

The Andaman Islands.

Quote:
Indian authorities own the only four airstrips in the region, he said.

"There is no chance, no such chance, that any aircraft of this size can come towards Andaman and Nicobar islands and land," he said.

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 03-14-2014 at 10:35 AM.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:35 AM   #172 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKilnWalkr View Post
The Andaman Islands.
Owned by India but seem to be 1000 miles from India or more.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:36 AM   #173 (permalink)

The only airport in the islands is Vir Savarkar Airport in Port Blair, which has scheduled services to Kolkata and Chennai and Delhi, Banglore and Bhubaneswar. The airport is under control of the Indian Navy. Only Daytime flying is allowed.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:38 AM   #174 (permalink)

Has anyone thought that the plane maybe got a flat tire ? And is parked on a cloud waiting for help ??
"Nothing in the world seems more important"
thebrokepoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:44 AM   #175 (permalink)

Here is a map of the location.

The Andaman Islands are the strip of land in between the Andaman Sea & Bay of Bengal (third picture).

From that same CNN article (although does not seem to match any other new developments)...

Quote:
Another lead: Chinese researchers say they recorded a "seafloor event" in waters around Malaysia and Vietnam about an hour and a half after the missing plane's last known contact. The event was recorded in a nonseismic region about 116 kilometers (72 miles) northeast of the plane's last confirmed location, the University of Science and Technology of China said.

"Judging from the time and location of the two events, the seafloor event may have been caused by MH370 crashing into the sea," said a statement posted on the university's website.
Attached Thumbnails
Malaysian Airlines plane goes down with all passengers...-s031732611.jpg   Malaysian Airlines plane goes down with all passengers...-sjandaman1403141e.jpg   Malaysian Airlines plane goes down with all passengers...-larger-map-malaysia-air-plane.jpg  

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 03-14-2014 at 10:54 AM.