Blowout Cards Forums
Retail Rummage

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2014, 10:35 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrenzy View Post
It appears that Striped Bass is either a malfunctioning Borg (in attempt to appear more human-like he mentions "fish," but we know that Earth's oceans haven't contained fishes for almost 100 years now.) or perhaps is beginning to crack under the stress and is reverting back to a previous life.

Given this strange psychotic break, even roles like cult leader, suicidal townie, or paranoid gun owner are all possibilities. I hope Striped snaps out of this and explains himself soon.
The medic said I should be back to normal by tonight! I assure you, I am not borg! Will explain when im back on my feet
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotbox View Post
OOC: Can someone with Star Trek knowledge define or highlight some key terms or ideas that those who may have never seen Star Trek wouldn't understand?

I assume the Borg in this game are like the mafia, but I just want to be sure. I don't want to completely butcher my intro post lol.
I too have never seen Star Trek. I was thinking "wow this is an interesting way to describe ships (on water). I also thought Borg was another term for the mafia lol
stripedbass91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:37 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
OOC: Can someone with Star Trek knowledge define or highlight some key terms or ideas that those who may have never seen Star Trek wouldn't understand?

I assume the Borg in this game are like the mafia, but I just want to be sure. I don't want to completely butcher my intro post lol.
OOC: Yes, the Borg are this versions mafia. They are essentially a mixed race of beings who were forcibly turned into Borg. They go from planet to planet, turning everyone into one of them or killing them outright until their entire civilization is exterminated.

Also, in this game, we are aboard the USS Blowoutburgh, a space ship I'm assuming is much like the main ship from Star Trek, the enterprise. We are all crew members of that ship. If you have other questions about any kind of specifics, let me know via pm and I can try to help...
Old 03-16-2014, 10:43 AM   #28 (permalink)

The Borg
Old 03-16-2014, 10:44 AM   #29 (permalink)

Also, when in doubt, just use the Force or wait for Gandalf to show up.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:47 AM   #30 (permalink)

Okay, my name is Carlos. My ancestors stem from planet Earth, however I have never been on actual land, so luckily I am not prone to motion sickness! Since birth I have been in orbit, somewhere in this vast outer space. My parents wanted to raise me as a writer, a skill which I was never really interested in, but I convinced them to let me train to be a commander. My mother died twelve years ago, and my father died seven years ago as of yesterday, or so I think. I woke up one morning, went to see him, and found in his bedroom a bed with dried blood stains, and no body. I never was able to find the body, so no proper services could be held unfortunately. I worry we will see similar actions carried out by the Borg. I look forward to getting to know you all, and weeding out the trouble.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:50 AM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Okay, my name is Carlos. My ancestors stem from planet Earth, however I have never been on actual land, so luckily I am not prone to motion sickness! Since birth I have been in orbit, somewhere in this vast outer space. My parents wanted to raise me as a writer, a skill which I was never really interested in, but I convinced them to let me train to be a commander. My mother died twelve years ago, and my father died seven years ago as of yesterday, or so I think. I woke up one morning, went to see him, and found in his bedroom a bed with dried blood stains, and no body. I never was able to find the body, so no proper services could be held unfortunately. I worry we will see similar actions carried out by the Borg. I look forward to getting to know you all, and weeding out the trouble.
Hi Carlos!
Clarkandlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:14 AM   #32 (permalink)

Role confirmed.
groundhog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:41 AM   #33 (permalink)

Hello all, my name is Spanky Rodriguez. My family grew up in the eunic paradise they call "The Basketball Boards," and for a while my grandparents wanted to train me as a Castrato, but my parents moved us to Blowoutsburgh just in time to save my Frank and Beans. I enjoyed Blowoutsburgh as a boy, though the constant presence of Supreme Leader LawJaw Jones was always a bit bizarre. I mean he was in everything, he even watched us poop!

Anyways, as I aged and the planet became more and more inhabitable, I promised my parents I'd move to the stars to fight the ever present Borg threat and protect other terra babies like myself. I took self defense classes, weapons classes, anything I could do to help out. That got me onto the U.S.S. Blowoutsburgh, where to this point the actions of myself and our fleet have largely been successful in suppressing the Borgs. It is my hope that we can be similarly successful in taking down the Borgs this time too!
SpastikMooss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:46 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpastikMooss View Post
Hello all, my name is Spanky Rodriguez. My family grew up in the eunic paradise they call "The Basketball Boards," and for a while my grandparents wanted to train me as a Castrato, but my parents moved us to Blowoutsburgh just in time to save my Frank and Beans. I enjoyed Blowoutsburgh as a boy, though the constant presence of Supreme Leader LawJaw Jones was always a bit bizarre. I mean he was in everything, he even watched us poop!

Anyways, as I aged and the planet became more and more inhabitable, I promised my parents I'd move to the stars to fight the ever present Borg threat and protect other terra babies like myself. I took self defense classes, weapons classes, anything I could do to help out. That got me onto the U.S.S. Blowoutsburgh, where to this point the actions of myself and our fleet have largely been successful in suppressing the Borgs. It is my hope that we can be similarly successful in taking down the Borgs this time too!
Hi Spanky!
Old 03-16-2014, 11:50 AM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpastikMooss View Post

I must ask Spanky: are you still a practicing member of the Jones cult?
Old 03-16-2014, 11:51 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Good question...
Old 03-16-2014, 11:59 AM   #37 (permalink)

Where is everyone on the ship??? Why are there only a couple of us accounted for???
Old 03-16-2014, 12:05 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkandlewis View Post
Where is everyone on the ship??? Why are there only a couple of us accounted for???
Many are hiding from The Borg I'm sure, though our best chance of survival is by having us all band together against this threat...
Old 03-16-2014, 12:38 PM   #39 (permalink)

I've been doing some explorations on the ship and have found the navigation room. It appears that the Borg leader is piloting the ship now. I was hoping to find more normal folk still in their cryotubes but all were empty.

I'll continue to look around and report back.
cyberpvnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 01:03 PM   #40 (permalink)

Hello folks. I'm not one for introductions, but I figured I'd give you a little background on myself.

My name is G.O. Jays. My parents and their parents hailed from the planet "Earth", but after being born there I moved into space at a very young age. This life is the only life I know, and the threat of the Borg is very concerning to me. I've been working on this ship for many years, and do not appreciate my way of life threatened by the monsters that are the Borgs. That being said, it is good to hear that I am not the only one looking to fight the good fight.

No doubt some of our men have been compromised, it is our job to find them and get rid of them. I look forward to working with you to rid the ship of their presence. I know it won't be easy, but it's what must be done.
Old 03-16-2014, 01:22 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpvnk View Post
I've been doing some explorations on the ship and have found the navigation room. It appears that the Borg leader is piloting the ship now. I was hoping to find more normal folk still in their cryotubes but all were empty.

I'll continue to look around and report back.
He's the captain now.

(In robotic African pirate voice like the guy from Captian Phillips.)
Old 03-16-2014, 01:22 PM   #42 (permalink)

Hey Everyone. My name is Cinna. I can't believe what is going on on our ship. I have stories about what about many year's ago in Blowoutsburgh, but never did i think it could happen here.

We all need to stick together to eliminate the threat and save our ship. It's a shame that people who were are friends are no longer that. The Borg needs to be eliminated to ensure our survival.
Season Stats: 8 Catches for 60 Yards and 1 Rush for 37 Yards
cinnakaok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 01:48 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkandlewis View Post
Hi Spanky!
Hi!

Quote:
I am not, but sadly my parents eventually fell victim to its ways. As they fell into the cult and its ways, I spent more and more time at the COMC club, honing my skills with other children of Blowoutsburgh who did not want to become cult members like their families. I also learned to cook at a young age and we children prepared food for each other since our food was one of the major ways that the Jones cult brainwashed us. Pickled Scooter Gennett, Ariana Grande Over Easy...it was some sick stuff. Luckily I changed my diet at a young enough age that the cult brainwashing left my system years and years ago.
SpastikMooss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:16 PM   #44 (permalink)

Good afternoon everyone.

My name is Whoopie Goldberg. I run the bar on the ship. I am not a member of the federation, and in fact simply a civilian that has chosen to work hand in hand with the federation. My main job is to serve up sage like advice and booze to all the patrons who feel the need to relax and inbibe. Truth be told, I'm a bit of a pacefist, but I understand that in dire circumstances you need to step above and beyond a realm of normal behavior and do what has to be done for the good of protecting everyone aboard the ship. In my non-enlisted role, I certainly empathize with those of you who must make very difficult decisions every minute of every day, and I am so glad that you entrust me enough to participate in the council to assist you all in making some of those tough decisions.
mmbtvs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:24 PM   #45 (permalink)

Role confirmed
Old 03-16-2014, 02:26 PM   #46 (permalink)

Greetings and salutations! I believe many of our families apparently have history on the planet Earth. However, I believe bygones should be bygones. I hope to locate, out, and eradicate the nefarious element aboard this spacecraft as quickly as possible.
Old 03-16-2014, 02:30 PM   #47 (permalink)

Good afternoon,
My name is groundhog. My ancestors used to live in PaniniAmerica, but I left after hearing the Borg was infiltraiting our town. I have been living here ever since, and this is a big threat to our safety. I don't know if I trust anyone now.
groundhog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:31 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMabry47 View Post
Greetings and salutations! I believe many of our families apparently have history on the planet Earth. However, I believe bygones should be bygones. I hope to locate, out, and eradicate the nefarious element aboard this spacecraft as quickly as possible.
Greetings! Yes! That world is now gone! We are all stuck on this ship together! Hopefully we can take down the borg together!
stripedbass91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:34 PM   #49 (permalink)

I guess I will start day one voting by saying that I don't feel comfortable attacking anyone who could potentially be an innocent. With that I say...

VOTE: NOBODY
mmbtvs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:35 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedbass91 View Post
Greetings! Yes! That world is now gone! We are all stuck on this ship together! Hopefully we can take down the borg together!
You seem very excited, even about the Earth being gone. A little too excited if you ask me...