Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2014, 01:21 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Mafia Game 2 Thread

Welcome to the 2nd ever game of Blowout Mafia! The first game was just a bare-bones game. This time around the game will have a more immersive feel!

If you don't know what mafia is- read the first game thread: Mafia Game 1 Thread- training wheels game
If you didn't sign up in this thread: Mafia- interest thread
Please do not post here to gum up the works. Post there that you wish to get in on the next game.

For those of you lucky folks that are in the game, please read the following rules before starting.

Game Basics:
Day Cycle: This will last roughly 24-48 hours. During this time, all players (Town and Mafia alike) will discuss who to lynch and any other insights they may have (or disinformation) in the thread. At the end of this 48 hours, the player with the most votes will be “Lynched” and immediately eliminated from the game. The lynched player is allowed one farewell post- much like somebody standing on the gallows giving their last remarks.

Day Cycle Actions in list format:
-Argue for who you want to lynch in the thread (both townies and mafia members do this)
-Vote for lynching (all players vote if they want, can abstain or not vote)
-Player is lynched (unless a "No Lynch" gains the majority of votes)
-Lynched Player is allowed a farewell post (and no longer allowed to post in the game thread after)
-All players can have 1 "good night/closing remarks" post if they wish.

Night Cycle: This lasts roughly 12-24 hours (or earlier if all roles are sent to me sooner). During this time, all players with a night role will PM me with what they want to do. For example, during the night cycle a cop will tell me which player they want to investigate. During this time, the mafia will also discuss via PM who they want to kill with their nightly kill. If you are the target of any night-kill, you do not get a closing remarks post.

Night Cycle Actions in list format:
-If you are mafia, discuss via PMs with fellow mafia members who to kill during the night.
-Mafia informs me of who they wish to kill.
-If you are a townie with no role, just sleep tight and hope you don't die.
-If you are a townie with a role, PM it to me after the night cycle begins and before the 24 hours is up.
-DO NOT post in the thread unless it is your "goodnight/closing remarks" post.

Victory Conditions:

Town Victory: All Mafia members are eliminated and only innocent town members are remaining alive.

Mafia Victory: The mafia must have a numerical advantage. If there are 5 players remaining and 3 of them are Mafia, then the Mafia is victorious. The tally will be carried out at the beginning of each day cycle after all night roles have been carried out. THIS IS DIFFERENT FROM LAST GAME THAT ONLY REQUIRED EQUAL NUMBERS FOR VICTORY

Voting for lynching:
Votes for lynching are done in public in the game thread. A voting post would look something like this- *blah blah blah reasons for voting blah blah blah Vote: Member name. If, during the day new testimony or evidence comes out and you wish to change your vote, DO NOT EDIT YOUR POST. Make a new post and *blah blah blah reason for changing Unvote: Member Name Vote: New Member name

In game Discussion: Sometimes, there may be a time when you wish to say something regarding how the game is going OR have a question. Feel free to PM questions to me, but if you wish to ask it in the thread, do so like so-
OOC (out of character): ask your question or remark on the gameplay
IC (in character): post/argue/defend as usual.

Other Rules and Hints:
Please police yourselves as best you can according to these guidelines. I’m not a mod, so I can’t delete posts or edit your posts if you overstep your bounds or goof up. Also, follow all forum rules regarding profanity and posting guidelines.

1. NO EDITING OF YOUR POSTS. If you made a mistake, tough. If you made a grammatical error, tough. Excessive editing of your posts will result in you being automatically eliminated. This rule is in place to keep people honest. If you say something in a room with people, you aren’t able to “take that back” or make them “un-hear” it.

2. No use of this thread OR PMs from this game for that Assassin game. This game requires people to be able to safely post in the thread to argue and defend themselves, and some roles must be able to communicate via PM safely. Please keep the games separated.

3. Meta-gaming is allowed at your own risk. Basically, you can discuss the game with anybody via pm that you wish. However, you will want to be careful who you trust and who you give information to. There is nothing worse than being a doctor and telling a mafia member you trusted as innocent your role only to end up dead.

4. Dead players PLEASE refrain from doing anything to spoil the game. Do not spam the thread after death, spam somebody’s inbox, or give out vital information. Let’s be adults here.

5. You can choose to reveal your role publicly. However, people may think you are lying OR you will make yourself a target for the mafia. Plus, sometimes it is beneficial for a player to reveal their role later in the game.

6. You can choose to be as loud (post as much as you want) or quiet (not posting much) as you wish. However, people attempting to fly under the radar tend to have things to hide.

7. There are 4 mafia members in this game. There may or may not be the following roles: Cop, Reviver, Doctor, Suicidal Townie, Miller, Watcher, Vigilante, Cult Leader, or Paranoid Gun Owner.

8. Unless otherwise noted, players affected by your night actions will NOT be notified of your role. Actions are anonymous unless otherwise specified by me.

9. In the event of a tie for lynching during the day, a random will be run 3 times between the tied members. The winner(s) will remain, the bottom person on the random will be eliminated. In the event of a tie between No Lynch and 1 member, no lynching will occur.

10. In the event of a nearly unanimous vote (90% of remaining members vote for one person, going to the lowest integer in the case of a decimal meaning if 90% is 10.8 it requires 10 votes), the day will end 2 hours after the majority vote is cast. If I don't catch it, somebody please post that there is a 90% majority and somebody else confirm it in case the first person is wrong.

11. Honor system- do not screen shot your role PM from me and then share via PM or in the thread. If you wish to convince somebody of your innocence, do it through your messages/posts.

17 players- original order:
ClarkandLewis
mmbtvs Killed Night 1
petesahuttt Lynched Day 3
JohnMabry47
Cubsbball25 Lynched Day 4
Hotbox
jedi500
cinnakaok Lynched Day 1
SpastikMooss
Michael Miracle Killed Night 1
Stripedbass91
GoJays
Josh611 Killed Night 2
groundhog Killed Night 1
TheFrenzy Lynched Day 2
RedSoxFan28
Cyberpvnk Killed Night 3

The above list has been randomized 3 times to determine your roles. I will edit the above list to indicate if a player is dead. You will not see a list of the roles that were randomized.

From here on out, it's game-time. If you are confused about your role PM, PLEASE do not ask about it here. Shoot me a PM with your role-specific questions. I am going to craft and send out the role PMs now, so be on the lookout for that. Please make your first post in the game a "Role Confirmed" and wait until at least 8 players have posted a role confirmed before beginning the opening arguments.

Next Post in the thread will be the "game" post, then PMs will be going out.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.

Last edited by Clarka3; 03-25-2014 at 11:42 PM.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 01:24 AM   #2 (permalink)

Intro Post:

You awake to a loud alarm claxon blaring in your ears with a dull ring. You wonder why the alarm sounds so dull, when in your previous experiences with the ship alarms they are grating.

After a few moments of artificially-induced sleep slowness, your mind snaps back to reality. You are still in your cryotube, and this is not good. In the event of a ship-wide emergency, the cryotubes are supposed to wake up their occupants immediately and open up. As far as you can tell, you are the only one awake.

The alarm cuts out suddenly, leaving a small echo for a short while in your miniature echo chamber. The primary lights also cut out with a loud crackle, accompanied by a very real shudder in in the ship’s structure. “The USS Blowoutburgh is in trouble,” you whisper to yourself as the red emergency lights kick on.

You hear what sounds like somebody banging on the inside of their cryotube. Relief floods through your body as you realize you aren’t as alone as you originally thought.

Another person screams in anguish from farther off.

You hear the screech of rending metal, quickly followed by the blur of what could have only been the steel bulkhead flashing past the front of your tube.

“No! No!” A voice shouts from across the darkened room. You lean up and try to get a better look. In the red-tinted darkness it’s hard to make out what’s happening. You see two vaguely humanoid shapes hovering over a cryotube across the room. You see a little movement, quickly followed by more screaming from the occupant of the tube.

The figures reach into the tube and pull out a squirming man, still screaming with such tangible fear that you can’t help but feel a chill in your spine. After a moment, the figure ceases fighting and goes limp over the shoulder of one of the figures.

“Check the others” a robotic croak says. “More for the hive.”

You lay back down quickly and shut your eyes, hoping to not be noticed. Heavy footfalls pause a moment outside of your tube, and you start sweating.

After what seems like an eternity, the footsteps move far away to where you can’t hear.

WHOOOOOOSH

Your tube betrays your hiding spot and opens up. You come out swinging, feeling a wild haymaker land on flesh.

“Relax man!” somebody shouts as more hands hold you down.

“What happened? Did you see what happened?” Another voice asks.

You slowly open your eyes and see the wonderful unitards of Starfleet crewmen. Red shirts, blue shirts, yellow, all of the normal colors are present. Relief floods through your body and you cease your struggling.

“Did you see what happened?” The voice asks again.

“The ship was borded,” somebody else says.

“By who?”

“The Borg,” you say solemnly.

“I saw it too,” somebody else says, “Only I didn’t see any implants on the Borg I saw.”

“Great, so how do we know some of us aren’t Borg already?” You ask.

You hear heavy footsteps heading back your way from the direction the Borg you witnessed earlier had left.

Without a word, one of your number gestures to head the other direction. You all file out silently as you ponder your next move and who the Borg within your group are.

Day 1 has begun. It will end at 1 p.m. Tuesday 3/18

pms are slowly going out now. remember, post "Role Confirmed" here when you get it and understand it. don't start playing until at least 7 or 8 "Role Confirmed" posts are posted.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.

Last edited by Clarka3; 03-16-2014 at 01:45 AM.
Old 03-16-2014, 01:39 AM   #3 (permalink)

Role Confirmed!
Old 03-16-2014, 01:43 AM   #4 (permalink)

all role PMs *should* be out by now. I'm used to working with two monitors and thus double the vision area, but only have my laptop with me right now sadly.

anyway, if you are on the player list in the OP and didn't get a Role PM or you don't understand your role or want clarification, shoot me a PM.

Old 03-16-2014, 01:43 AM   #5 (permalink)

Role Confirmed.
Old 03-16-2014, 01:46 AM   #6 (permalink)

Role confirmed

http://www.comc.com/Users/SpastikMooss
SpastikMooss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 01:50 AM   #7 (permalink)

Role confirmed
cyberpvnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 01:53 AM   #8 (permalink)

Roll Confurmed!
Old 03-16-2014, 02:01 AM   #9 (permalink)

Role Comfirmed
Old 03-16-2014, 02:05 AM   #10 (permalink)

Role Confirmed
Old 03-16-2014, 02:59 AM   #11 (permalink)

Role confirmed
Cubsbball25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 03:12 AM   #12 (permalink)

Ok, that looks like eight confirmations to me!

I would like to first introduce myself as F.R. Enzy of the former planet Earth. Unlike many of you who are either Martian or Lunar-born and thus better equipped for the rigors of zero-gravity, I was a Terra Baby. In fact, my ancestors actually lived in the town this ship is named after - Blowoutburgh. My great x 12 grandfather was a surgeon who fled his home country in South America and moved to Blowoutsburgh back when the Earth was habitable.

Truth be told, I may not maneuver as quickly or be able to keep up with most of you in this fight against the Borg, but I do have full-G strength from my life on Earth and will certainly come in quite handy in a fight. I can promise that this crew will have my full strength, whether physically in defending others or mentally in listening to those who may become paranoid or even suicidal.

I look forward to meeting the rest of the crew on this ship and doing whatever I can to help us all survive this journey to the farthest reaches of space.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:19 AM   #13 (permalink)

Role Confirmed...

My name is Miracle, a name given to me by the circumstances of my birth. My parents were crew members of the U.S.S. Beckett, which as you all know, was attacked twenty five years ago by a Klingon War Ship. My father perished in the battle, but my mother, who was in the process of labor, barely escaped the ship in one of the few escape vessels available. The stress of the situation was too much for my mothers body to bear, and she died giving birth to me.

I grew up as an orphan, looked after by a former Star Fleet Lieutenant, Kyle Cross. Lieutenant Cross taught me from a young age the importance that Star Fleet plays in our universe, and inspired me to become a Star Fleet officer as well. After graduating from Star Fleet Academy, I was assigned to the U.S.S. Blowoutburgh as an Engineering Officer. While I may get outclassed in most hand to hand combat, I am an Ace in most uses of firearms, including phasers.

To those of us who have survived thus far, we must band together and eliminate the Borg threat. And to those of you under Borg influence, we will find you, and we will do what is needed to protect the U.S.S. Blowoutburgh. I will not allow another generation of my family to be eliminated by a force of evil again...
Old 03-16-2014, 09:50 AM   #14 (permalink)

My name is Tan Mansa. I'm fairly new to the ship and don't know many of you. I think the only way we're all going to get out of this alive is the band together and get organized. My parents are both dead and I needed to get away from my roots for awhile. So much for escaping the stress of my life. Can't believe my luck.
cyberpvnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:34 AM   #15 (permalink)

Role confirmed...
Clarkandlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:51 AM   #16 (permalink)

I see a lot of familiar faces (neighbors and friends) from town which is great! For those of you who don't know me, my name is stripedbass. My grandparents were influential figures from the first settlers in Blowoutburgh. My family is very well known around town since we are very active to make sure Blowoutburgh is a prosperous and crime free town! I am a fisherman and provide fish for the needy in town daily. I have been assigned to the U.S.S. Blowoutburgh to catch fish for the cook to prepare for the deckhands as well as provide an extra hand in the engine room (I used to be a mechanic many years ago). I am deeply saddened that this ship has been boarded by "the borg." It makes me sick to my stomach to know that there still may be some "borg" remaining on here. I will do everything in my power to make sure we make the "borg" walk the plank!
stripedbass91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:05 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedbass91 View Post
I see a lot of familiar faces (neighbors and friends) from town which is great! For those of you who don't know me, my name is stripedbass. My grandparents were influential figures from the first settlers in Blowoutburgh. My family is very well known around town since we are very active to make sure Blowoutburgh is a prosperous and crime free town! I am a fisherman and provide fish for the needy in town daily. I have been assigned to the U.S.S. Blowoutburgh to catch fish for the cook to prepare for the deckhands as well as provide an extra hand in the engine room (I used to be a mechanic many years ago). I am deeply saddened that this ship has been boarded by "the borg." It makes me sick to my stomach to know that there still may be some "borg" remaining on here. I will do everything in my power to make sure we make the "borg" walk the plank!
(We are in space)

Old 03-16-2014, 11:06 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
(We are in space)
OOC: we're in space???? I never picked up on that from the intro post...
Old 03-16-2014, 11:14 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
I believe maybe he is just disoriented from the malfunctioning cyrotubes. Hopefully there is a medical officer who can keep an eye on Stripedbass until he comes to his senses...
Old 03-16-2014, 11:16 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Miracle View Post
I believe maybe he is just disoriented from the malfunctioning cyrotubes. Hopefully there is a medical officer who can keep an eye on Stripedbass until he comes to his senses...
What????!!
Old 03-16-2014, 11:18 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
What????!!
OOC: Did you read the intro post? We are in space, a la Star Trek. By your posts, it seems like you are still in the world of the previous game...
Old 03-16-2014, 11:25 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkandlewis View Post
OOC: we're in space???? I never picked up on that from the intro post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
(We are in space)
Quote:
Quote:
What????!!
Quote:
OOC: Did you read the intro post? We are in space, a la Star Trek. By your posts, it seems like you are still in the world of the previous game...
Those darn malfunctioning cryotubes are screwing with my mind. They must have temporarily took away my short-term memory. Those borgs MUST pay. Off with their heads! Until then, I will rest up and let the medic spoon feed me zipbuds.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:28 AM   #23 (permalink)

It appears that Striped Bass is either a malfunctioning Borg (in attempt to appear more human-like he mentions "fish," but we know that Earth's oceans haven't contained fishes for almost 100 years now.) or perhaps is beginning to crack under the stress and is reverting back to a previous life.

Given this strange psychotic break, even roles like cult leader, suicidal townie, or paranoid gun owner are all possibilities. I hope Striped snaps out of this and explains himself soon.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:30 AM   #24 (permalink)

OOC: Can someone with Star Trek knowledge define or highlight some key terms or ideas that those who may have never seen Star Trek wouldn't understand?

I assume the Borg in this game are like the mafia, but I just want to be sure. I don't want to completely butcher my intro post lol.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:31 AM   #25 (permalink)

Hmm... Where to begin...

Oh! Let's start with my name! I'm Clark Lewis III! Some of you might know my grandfather (Clark Lewis) or my father (Clark Lewis Jr). It's safe to say my "earlier generations" had some problems with your families (especially my grandfather). I was at my grandfather's lynching... I was 3 years old. I know my grandfather was a bad, bad man, but his actions cost my father his life too. Growing up without a father was rough. All I ever wanted to do was take down the mafia that ruined my life. So I trained. Trained everyday of my life. I wanted to become a "masked vigilante" sorta guy... Infiltrate the mafia in silence and take them down from the inside. But no! Earth suddenly had to become uninhabitable so my dreams were crushed once again. Now that the Borgs are here, this is my new "mafia". I'm taking them down one by one. My entire life has led to this moment and I'm ready for it.

Let's do this fellas.