Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2014, 05:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Do you have a super fast internet connection?

Hey simply looking for ideas here of a computer setup that is real efficient, reliable, and makes working online a breeze. Do you own a specific device, use a certain internet connection or provider, or have a way figured out to where you can point and click and speed from one site to another with hardly any delay? I am really talking the ability to multitask and get things done. My set up needs improvement, so if you don't mind sharing I would like to hear of options and opportunities to step the game up. Are hotspots good? And cost to get there isn't an issue. Thanks for the help.

Brian

Last edited by LoveItCards; 03-21-2014 at 05:23 PM.
LoveItCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 06:38 PM   #2 (permalink)

Hotspots are bad

It's all about your internet speed and RAM.
For local stuff get a ssd hard drive.
cyberpvnk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 07:43 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveItCards View Post
Hey simply looking for ideas here of a computer setup that is real efficient, reliable, and makes working online a breeze. Do you own a specific device, use a certain internet connection or provider, or have a way figured out to where you can point and click and speed from one site to another with hardly any delay? I am really talking the ability to multitask and get things done. My set up needs improvement, so if you don't mind sharing I would like to hear of options and opportunities to step the game up. Are hotspots good? And cost to get there isn't an issue. Thanks for the help.

Brian
From reading your post it sounds like you dont know to too much about computers. What it sounds like is your computer itself is outdated. The slowness rareless has to do with your internet speed. The first thing you should ask yourself is would you want a new computer or are you just wanting to upgrade your current set up. I recently went through this problem with a 8 year old laptop. It was so slow it would take about 10-15 min just to boot up and would freeze if i was trying to open up more then 1 thing. I decided i was going to purchase a new pc. After some research i ended up building a pc for about $600. I could not be happier this thing is a beast. It boots up fully in about 10 seconds. All videos start immediately when surfing the web and multitasking is a breeze.

As far as my set up
AMD FX-6300
Asus motherboard
Corsair psu
1 tb hd
128 gb solid state drive
8 gb ram
Asus GTX660 graphics card

http://s1088.beta.photobucket.com/user/sserrano49/library/Football%20For%20Sale

Last edited by sserrano49; 03-23-2014 at 07:48 PM.
sserrano49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 07:55 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sserrano49 View Post
From reading your post it sounds like you dont know to too much about computers. What it sounds like is your computer itself is outdated. The slowness rareless has to do with your internet speed. The first thing you should ask yourself is would you want a new computer or are you just wanting to upgrade your current set up. I recently went through this problem with a 8 year old laptop. It was so slow it would take about 10-15 min just to boot up and would freeze if i was trying to open up more then 1 thing. I decided i was going to purchase a new pc. After some research i ended up building a pc for about $600. I could not be happier this thing is a beast. It boots up fully in about 10 seconds. All videos start immediately when surfing the web and multitasking is a breeze.

As far as my set up
AMD FX-6300
Asus motherboard
Corsair psu
1 tb hd
128 gb solid state drive
8 gb ram
Asus GTX660 graphics card
Yeah I know little about computers. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 that is taking time to get used to. So do you recommend any specific resources for research if I was up to learning how I can set up a custom thing like you have done?

Brian
LoveItCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 08:11 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveItCards View Post
Yeah I know little about computers. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 that is taking time to get used to. So do you recommend any specific resources for research if I was up to learning how I can set up a custom thing like you have done?

Brian
Couple things first is find a price range and second is figure out what youll use your pc for. My case my gf takes online classes and does hw. I stream and download video and music. I also wanted to have the option of gaming so i bought the graphics card.
A couple of sites that helped me
Best Of Tom?s Hardware: How To Build A PC - Part 1: Component Selection
buildapc

http://s1088.beta.photobucket.com/user/sserrano49/library/Football%20For%20Sale
sserrano49 is offline   Reply With Quote