Blowout Cards Forums
MEM MADNESS

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2014, 02:02 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Attn: Mod or admin

i posted a fs ft thread and it was moved to spam cause i didnt have prices listed

i took the time to post all the prices and re listed and it got moved to spam again so WHAT THE HELL???

i listed my baseball in baseball, basketball in basketball, and racing in other sports

only my baseball was moved to spam after a day or two of being in baseball buy sell trade

can someone tell me why my thread got moved when i followed the rules?

my thread is titled... 92 baseball autos and game used for sale

i would like it moved back to baseball buy sell trade so i dont have to relist
powerjdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 02:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

quote:

Photobucket/CMB Threads - If everything is priced out, these threads can be posted in the normal B/S/T area. However, most are posted without pricing and since this is a very popular way to trade, we will allow these to be posted, but only in the Spam Section (Spam your eBay & COMC listings here! (Photobucket, Sportslots, Sportsbuy, etc.) - Blowout Cards Forums)

exact wording... IF EVERYTHING IS PRICED OUT, THESE THREADS CAN BE POSTED IN THE NORMAL B/S/T AREA.

all my baseball is priced out so WTF?????
Old 03-22-2014, 02:14 PM   #3 (permalink)

sent you a pm , hope it helps you
gingerscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 02:27 PM   #4 (permalink)

Take a chill pill, if you followed the rules it was probably a mistake given your first couple threads.
"Blowoutcards is a messageboard filled with experts on Ping pong. These highly trained experts told us they spoke to the President of the United States Mr. Haiku and he claims the card is fake since he faked it himself. Our 2 sources (easter bunny and a unicorn with 2 legs) explained this hobby is filled with crooks." -Unknown
xbignick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 02:38 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

It wasnt a mistake. You did not provide any pricing in the thread. Therefor per the forum b/s/t rules the thread should be deleted as all cards listed for sale must be priced in the thread or they will be deleted. Instead of deleting it was moved it to the photobucket area which does not require pricing. Since you only provided your photobucket link that seems like a more fitting area for this

Not sure if you saw this or not but I did leave a note in this thread: over 300 cards fs/ft

The other threads have been moved as well for the same reason. I would also recommend reading the B/S/T rules as your very very close to duplicate threads given your only linking your photobucket (I didnt combine or delete due to you having a different link in them) but the rest is pretty much copy/paste and I'm sure others can tell you we will delete if they are to similar.

Reposting the threads is a violation of the thread bumping rules so I highly recommend against that. Any additional issues please feel free to contact me directly as without a reported post typically any posts to "mods/admin" are likely not seen and its best to contact us directly.
Old 03-22-2014, 02:45 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
It wasnt a mistake. You did not provide any pricing in the thread. Therefor per the forum b/s/t rules the thread should be deleted as all cards listed for sale must be priced in the thread or they will be deleted.
someone places a for sale thread with no price & BAM it gets deleted. why arent buy threads with NO pricing enforced?? same rules apply.
festus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 02:52 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by festus View Post
someone places a for sale thread with no price & BAM it gets deleted. why arent buy threads with NO pricing enforced?? same rules apply.
Id say one of two reasons.

If your selling you should be setting your price. This elimiates the seller being taken on a deal. If you failed to check market values or opted to undersell on a card for what ever reason that fault should not fall on the buyer. Thought process behind this is also to try and save time on transactions. Doesnt mean you cant still send or post an offer to the seller, but our hopes were to cut down on some of the posts needed to make a deal.

To this point while the rules do state post your buying prices, its never been enforced that way. Much like speeding, you can be 2 mph over and get a ticket (trust me I know), but the majority of the time they're not going to ticket for that, but they can. I can tell you 99.99% of the reported violations between the two are for sellers failing to list their prices.
Old 03-22-2014, 02:55 PM   #8 (permalink)

What about "for trade" threads that clearly mention that the card(s) are also for sale but no prices are listed? I see those all the time.
Old 03-22-2014, 02:57 PM   #9 (permalink)

my prices are listed in photobucket

so your saying i have to type every single card players name year set brand etc with a price in the thread itself?

in the photobucket section of the rules it doesnt specify this at all

might want to make things more clear and post all the rules that apply to photobucket listings in the photobucket section of the rules

this is stupid

Quote:
It wasnt a mistake. You did not provide any pricing in the thread. Therefor per the forum b/s/t rules the thread should be deleted as all cards listed for sale must be priced in the thread or they will be deleted. Instead of deleting it was moved it to the photobucket area which does not require pricing. Since you only provided your photobucket link that seems like a more fitting area for this

Not sure if you saw this or not but I did leave a note in this thread: over 300 cards fs/ft

The other threads have been moved as well for the same reason. I would also recommend reading the B/S/T rules as your very very close to duplicate threads given your only linking your photobucket (I didnt combine or delete due to you having a different link in them) but the rest is pretty much copy/paste and I'm sure others can tell you we will delete if they are to similar.

Reposting the threads is a violation of the thread bumping rules so I highly recommend against that. Any additional issues please feel free to contact me directly as without a reported post typically any posts to "mods/admin" are likely not seen and its best to contact us directly.
Old 03-22-2014, 02:59 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoTribe!!! View Post
What about "for trade" threads that clearly mention that the card(s) are also for sale but no prices are listed? I see those all the time.
that was how my first thread was and it was moved and ive seen several not touched since
Old 03-22-2014, 03:00 PM   #11 (permalink)

That would have been great if this thread was moved to spam
Thommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 03:00 PM   #12 (permalink)

IBL
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 03:02 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thommy View Post
That would have been great if this thread was moved to spam
im surprised my threads dont automatically go there when i post

what a joke.
Old 03-22-2014, 03:04 PM   #14 (permalink)

I'm wearing SWEATPANTS.

THIS DOES NOT MEAN I AM A SCAMMER OR THAT I PACKSEARCH
Old 03-22-2014, 03:04 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
IBL
Nope

IBD

I don't think this guy will last here that long at all
armyatc22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 03:04 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerjdm View Post
im surprised my threads dont automatically go there when i post

what a joke.
There are no prices in the thread. Instead of posting a link to pictures with prices, post the actual pictures with prices and you'll be good to go.

Not that hard to fix.
Old 03-22-2014, 03:04 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

so your saying i have to type every single card players name year set brand etc with a price in the thread itself?

might want to make things more clear and post all the rules that apply to photobucket listings in the photobucket section of the rules

this is stupid
It is clearly stated in the rules that you either did not read or do not understand. By your reaction to being told what the rules are, I am going to venture a guess by saying you will not be here long.
WCTYSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 03:07 PM   #18 (permalink)

Ill pay to see this thread moved to the spam section.

Itunes movie code if houdini does it.

Something for fish as well.

Oh...and it must be left there to die.

Or is that considered bribery an Im fixing to get reported?
Old 03-22-2014, 03:09 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonSportsCardForum View Post
Ill pay to see this thread moved to the spam section.

Itunes movie code if houdini does it.

Something for fish as well.

Oh...and it must be left there to die.

Or is that considered bribery an Im fixing to get reported?
If you have to ask,..................reported.
WCTYSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 03:10 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:

this is stupid
Quote:
Include a price for each item in the first post of your thread (Buying or Selling). If you're buying or selling, please POST A PRICE! Failure to do so will result in the thread being deleted. Prices must be posted for every item that is for sale; if you are selling a lot, only a lot price is necessary but if you start to sell individual items, then individual prices are required. Pictures are always helpful too. We want to avoid situations where things are misleading or not clear...we want all B/S/T threads to be as clear and concise as possible. Outrageous and unreasonable prices may result in your thread being deleted; it is the same as not posting a price at all. If you want to run an auction, please list on eBay.
We have a section for posting your photobucket links and/or spamming ebay auctions, so not sure really where more detail is needed for the sport specific areas. Your thread clearly as posted belong in the photobucket area and not the sport specifc area.

If you post FS/FT in your thread title, I better see prices, of per forum rules you risk it being deleted. If its for trade only then dont put FS in your title (not saying you but more a general comment). If your trading and start actively selling in a trade thread you need to post prices, just as you should be if your breaking up a lot. To avoid confusion on this part I've tried to tell guys just PM someone if they're asking for a price. This way you've taken it off the thread and there shouldnt be any confusion as to weither or not your actively selling.

For me personally you dont have to list every single card but you had best make an effort to highlight and post some of the cards in the thread. Copying and posting just a photobucket link and/or 1-2 cards will get it moved to the photobucket area or deleted. I've told other guys to generally like 6-10, maybe 12 cards, price them, and put at the bottom of their post most cards priced in your photobucket and post the link. This way your not highlighting your photobucket area and still making a solid effort to comply with the forum rules.

I didnt make the rules that was blowout, and given they run the site, I'm just in charge of enforcing whats here.
Old 03-22-2014, 03:10 PM   #21 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

I have a bunch of cards for sale too. Their prices can be found in the eBay completed sales. I will link each pic to those completed sales.
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 03:24 PM   #22 (permalink)

Also rereading the rules

Quote:
Photobucket/CMB Threads - If everything is priced out, these threads can be posted in the normal B/S/T area. However, most are posted without pricing and since this is a very popular way to trade, we will allow these to be posted, but only in the Spam Section (Spam your eBay & COMC listings here! (Photobucket, Sportslots, Sportsbuy, etc.) - Blowout Cards Forums)
Given this info - really shouldnt be much confusion as to where things should go. But as I've said if you've got questions please let me know. I'd much rather help you or anyone fully understand them so later I not having to delete threads, warn you, or worst get to logging suspensions.
Old 03-22-2014, 03:26 PM   #23 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

I'm going to be honest, if your post does not have prices, I'm just deleting it.

Every b/s/t section has a link to the rules. At the top of every page there is a forum rules tab with a link to the b/s/t rules.

The b/s/t sections are so large, that a legitimate thread last less than an hour on the first page - sometimes less than 15 minutes during peak traffic times. It is not fair to everyone who follows the rules for an inconsiderate op to share the front page.

So, bumps, no prices, duplicate threads, vague threads... they all get deleted by me.

The other mods are much nicer and will usually send a pm or move the thread or ask you to post prices...

If you are new to a forum, try to read their rules before going on the offensive.

Why was my thread deleted?

General Rules and Guidelines for Buy/Sell/Trade - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING IN B/S/T
Old 03-22-2014, 03:26 PM   #24 (permalink)

This is one of the rules that should be reevaluated. If I have a card on the blocks I might not have a price or list of other cards I will trade directly for. I might want to gauge the market. This rule needs to be revoked.

I don't sell or buy here, so it doesn't affect me, but I've always thought it a peculiar requirement.
Old 03-22-2014, 03:27 PM   #25 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Quote:
Also rereading the rules

Given this info - really shouldnt be much confusion as to where things should go. But as I've said if you've got questions please let me know. I'd much rather help you or anyone fully understand them so later I not having to delete threads, warn you, or worst get to logging suspensions.
See what I mean? Much nicer!