Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2014, 08:56 PM   #26 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoldy97 View Post
But it isn't backwards compatible, right? That turns me off.
either is xbox one or 360, and most ps3's.
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:08 PM   #27 (permalink)

Can't wait to get mine when MLB the show comes out.
CasperMcLovin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:43 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasperMcLovin View Post
Can't wait to get mine when MLB the show comes out.
That's really why I want to get the PS4 soon. I couldn't play The Show on the PS3 knowing there's a much better version out there.
centereacan06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:33 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm8418 View Post
either is xbox one or 360, and most ps3's.
Xbox 360 is backwards compatible with the original XBox on about 95%+ of the titles. That said, I think I've used that functionality a whole 2 times (Halo and Fable) during the last 7 years I've owned a 360. Reverse compatibility is overrated IMO. I'd rather they spend the resources on maximizing NEW gaming experiences. Plus it helps the older generation hardware market stay somewhat stable.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:55 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie84 View Post
Xbox 360 is backwards compatible with the original XBox on about 95%+ of the titles. That said, I think I've used that functionality a whole 2 times (Halo and Fable) during the last 7 years I've owned a 360. Reverse compatibility is overrated IMO. I'd rather they spend the resources on maximizing NEW gaming experiences. Plus it helps the older generation hardware market stay somewhat stable.
Exactly. Some people act like the new consoles not being backward compatible is a make or break. I could careless. If it's that big of a deal, then those people should stay with the older consoles until their ready to get rid of their old games and get the new next gen ones. Because chances are pretty slim that you're going to go back and play old games on your new console.

Only thing the Xbox One not being backwards compatible made me do was hurry up and beat GTA 5 before I bought the new console lol
CAS239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:18 AM   #31 (permalink)

Yeah, both Sony and Microsoft have come out and said that when push comes to shove, people don't use their new consoles to play older games. I know I never really used it on the 360 outside of Halo 2 and never even thought about it once the PS4 and Xbox One were announced. Plus, with how little you get for older consoles, you're better off keeping them if you are worried about playing older games. I know I have no intention of getting rid of my PS3 and Xbox 360.
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:01 PM   #32 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS239 View Post
Exactly. Some people act like the new consoles not being backward compatible is a make or break. I could careless. If it's that big of a deal, then those people should stay with the older consoles until their ready to get rid of their old games and get the new next gen ones. Because chances are pretty slim that you're going to go back and play old games on your new console.

Only thing the Xbox One not being backwards compatible made me do was hurry up and beat GTA 5 before I bought the new console lol
You couldn't care less.

However, I could because I have 50+ PS3 games and won't get a PS4 until they have a few PS4-only games worth my time.

And I ain't buying no freaking Xbox.

Last edited by oldgoldy97; 03-24-2014 at 02:03 PM.
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 11:20 PM   #33 (permalink)

BC is a nice add on
the one will ahve it down the road in a update
not sure on the ps 4
but id like not to have to keep a
x box360 ps1 and 3 and 4 on my entertainment center
mike barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 01:12 AM   #34 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoldy97 View Post
You couldn't care less.

However, I could because I have 50+ PS3 games and won't get a PS4 until they have a few PS4-only games worth my time.

And I ain't buying no freaking Xbox.
But what if he cared at least a little bit; maybe just a smidgeon of a pigeon, a minute, microscopic bit of care?
tajikey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:04 AM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike barnes View Post
BC is a nice add on
the one will ahve it down the road in a update
not sure on the ps 4
but id like not to have to keep a
x box360 ps1 and 3 and 4 on my entertainment center
Where did you hear that the Xbox One would be getting backwards compatibility? If anything it never will and the PS4 will get something close to it when they fully implement their streaming games service. I know they stated that they would like to try to work out a way that you could add your Playstation library to this service but I honestly have no idea how they could do that. Regardless, I would be stunned if the Xbox One ever got some sort of backwards compatibility.
Old 03-25-2014, 03:29 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
Where did you hear that the Xbox One would be getting backwards compatibility? If anything it never will and the PS4 will get something close to it when they fully implement their streaming games service. I know they stated that they would like to try to work out a way that you could add your Playstation library to this service but I honestly have no idea how they could do that. Regardless, I would be stunned if the Xbox One ever got some sort of backwards compatibility.
I think they could probably do it by making you insert the disc, it recognizes the disc and adds it to your library. To keep people from adding with borrowed discs, they could just make you have to have the disc inserted when you play.

The only thing I've heard about XBone BC is that there is some prank floating around claiming that it will add BC but instead it will brick your console.
mainerunr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 03:49 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainerunr View Post
I think they could probably do it by making you insert the disc, it recognizes the disc and adds it to your library. To keep people from adding with borrowed discs, they could just make you have to have the disc inserted when you play.

The only thing I've heard about XBone BC is that there is some prank floating around claiming that it will add BC but instead it will brick your console.
I don't think there is any feasible way for them to do it. And with the way the system is selling right now, there is no real incentive to do anything outside of providing streaming games to people. What I'd like to see both Microsoft and Sony do is an online rental service. Maybe $2 a day and if you decide to buy the game, whatever you paid in total to rent the game applies to the final price of the game. It's a new revenue stream for game makers so hopefully they'd be happy with it too. After downloading Titanfall directly to my Xbox One, I've realized that I want more and more digital games like that. Just makes the process a bit easier, and seeing that I have two Xbox One's, I don't have to worry about carrying the disc around. I think most future purchases on both the PS4 and Xbox One will be digital.
Old 03-25-2014, 04:40 PM   #38 (permalink)

Honestly, if all you want to play is NBA 2k and The Show, don't throw down the $600. Just get the PS3 versions. Sure they aren't as pretty and 2k doesn't have the fancy MyPlayer, but it's saving you $500+.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:49 PM   #39 (permalink)

microsoft rep at the store said its on the way in a update hopefully with in the year
mike barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:05 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamRage View Post
Honestly, if all you want to play is NBA 2k and The Show, don't throw down the $600. Just get the PS3 versions. Sure they aren't as pretty and 2k doesn't have the fancy MyPlayer, but it's saving you $500+.
Well, I'd be playing some other games as well, but these would most likely be my top two, along with possibly FIFA and NCAA Football.

A ton of my friends had 360 while I had PS3, but they all switched to the PS4, so it'd be cool to finally use online play as well.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:01 AM   #41 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

Quote:
Originally Posted by centereacan06 View Post
Well, I'd be playing some other games as well, but these would most likely be my top two, along with possibly FIFA and NCAA Football.

A ton of my friends had 360 while I had PS3, but they all switched to the PS4, so it'd be cool to finally use online play as well.
Dont listen to him, get the PS4. Also there is no more NCAA Football games
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:18 AM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm8418 View Post
Dont listen to him, get the PS4. Also there is no more NCAA Football games
Wow, really? That's news to me. Guess I'll have to go back to playing Madden.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:23 AM   #43 (permalink)

Not to throw a wrench into things, and if I were you I'd get a PS4 since all your friends have it, but the Xbox One is $449.99 at most major retailers right now. I'd get the system all your friends have though, playing online with friends is always 1,000x better than playing with randoms on Playstation Network. Nothing worse than playing a game of Madden, only for someone to back out since they were getting beaten.