Blowout Cards Forums
kris bryant

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2014, 07:23 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Tyrant

Anyone watch it last night... i DVR'd it, just wondering if its worth my time watching or should i delete it...
Stevepeters298 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:14 AM   #2 (permalink)

I forgot to DVR it last night and will be recording it tonight. One of my friends posted on facebook about how awesome it was. I would give it a watch.
legion624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:49 AM   #3 (permalink)

DVR'd it as well...watching it now....it's holding my attention, so it's worth a couple episodes. Good thing it's on F/X so they can be a little more mature with the storyline.

So, good to hear I rate military disability....too bad it's 0%....
jlcherry2477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:16 AM   #4 (permalink)

F/X has my summer cornered pretty much. Second season of The Bridge, The Strain starts next month and hopefully Tyrant being decent.
Old 06-25-2014, 01:45 PM   #5 (permalink)

Location: Playing naked twister at a party. Don't tell my AA sponsor.

I plan to watch it along with The Bridge and The Strain.
Old 06-25-2014, 01:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Recorded it, but haven't gotten around to viewing it.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 01:57 PM   #7 (permalink)

I'm gonna watch it once I finish watching the first six seasons of True Blood...once I start binge watching a series I have a hard time watching anything else.
Old 06-25-2014, 02:16 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
I'm gonna watch it once I finish watching the first six seasons of True Blood...once I start binge watching a series I have a hard time watching anything else.
I thought that was a chick flick?
Old 06-25-2014, 02:29 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
I thought that was a chick flick?
It is, I have been trying to get in touch with my feminine side lately.
Old 06-25-2014, 02:29 PM   #10 (permalink)

I watched it last night and thought it was pretty good.
Old 07-12-2014, 05:51 PM   #11 (permalink)

Anyone still watching this? I watched all three episodes last night and thought it was pretty awesome...good acting and great story line...I love watching shows that take place in these third world countries as they can be quite informative.
Old 07-12-2014, 07:33 PM   #12 (permalink)

I thought it has a somewhat interesting concept so put on the first episode. I made it about halfway through. I know I gave up easy on it, but it wasn't really grabbing my attention. The main guy (father in the family) had such a sour, boring attitude for 40 minutes that it started irritating me. I might pick it back up again, but probably not seeing as how I have The Strain lined up.

I also watched the first few seasons of "Breaking Bad" and BAM -- lost interest completely. Just dragged on so much, characters with no progression and just lost any feel of reality when things were stretched so far. Also was sick of Jesse's character. His chick was super hot, but she had an annoying persona too.

But "The Walking Dead" is so good I've seen every season and I'm so anxiously awaiting the next season I may go back and watch everything over again to feed the need!!!

However, as I said earlier, I may pick "Tyrant" back up at some point...
paul06901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 08:35 PM   #13 (permalink)

I don't like the main character either...he never shows emotions and appears just boring in general. I still find the story intriguing enough to continue watching.
Old 07-12-2014, 09:33 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul06901 View Post
I thought it has a somewhat interesting concept so put on the first episode. I made it about halfway through. I know I gave up easy on it, but it wasn't really grabbing my attention. The main guy (father in the family) had such a sour, boring attitude for 40 minutes that it started irritating me. I might pick it back up again, but probably not seeing as how I have The Strain lined up.

I also watched the first few seasons of "Breaking Bad" and BAM -- lost interest completely. Just dragged on so much, characters with no progression and just lost any feel of reality when things were stretched so far. Also was sick of Jesse's character. His chick was super hot, but she had an annoying persona too.

But "The Walking Dead" is so good I've seen every season and I'm so anxiously awaiting the next season I may go back and watch everything over again to feed the need!!!

"Breaking Bad" had no character progression and you think "The Walking Dead" does? I'm not sure if you're being serious or not.

http://s1159.photobucket.com/albums/p623/Kingofkings1281/
Kingofkings1281 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 01:56 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofkings1281 View Post
"Breaking Bad" had no character progression and you think "The Walking Dead" does? I'm not sure if you're being serious or not.
Walking Dead has never been nominated for an Emmy Award involving acting (although a few for special effects) and Breaking Bad was nominated for 33...so yeah, I don't know what paul is smoking.
Old 07-13-2014, 02:19 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:

This might be the most backasswards TV related post I have ever seen on the internet...

On topic: I have watched every episode so far and I think it is pretty good.

Last edited by freethrowtommy; 07-13-2014 at 02:29 PM.
freethrowtommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 04:48 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofkings1281 View Post
I just like the concept of The Walking Dead much better than the concept of Breaking Bad -- so it's more entertaining to me.

Logically speaking, you don't have to simply like a show because it fits your liking for character progression. I'll admit the character progression in The Walking Dead is horrible, but I like the characters themselves (well, at least for the first few seasons. With Breaking Bad, the characters aside from Walt are so generic and cliche. And the plot concept was tiring.

That's why we all have personal opinions, they don't have to make logical sense to everyone though.
paul06901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 04:55 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
I just like the concept of The Walking Dead much better than the concept of Breaking Bad -- so it's more entertaining to me.

Logically speaking, you don't have to simply like a show because it fits your liking for character progression. I'll admit the character progression in The Walking Dead is horrible, but I like the characters themselves (well, at least for the first few seasons. With Breaking Bad, the characters aside from Walt are so generic and cliche. And the plot concept was tiring.

That's why we all have personal opinions, they don't have to make logical sense to everyone though.
I love most of all the characters in Walking Dead but it took me a little longer to get into them. Breaking Bad I liked the characters from the very beginning but it took until the second season until I really got into the characters in The Walking Dead. While I like most all the characters I don't think the acting in Walking Dead deserves Emmy nominations but on the other hand the acting in Breaking Bad is top notch and are definitely award worthy.

Both these shows are two of my favorite all time shows and can't wait for season five of The Walking Dead.
Old 07-13-2014, 07:29 PM   #19 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
I don't like the main character either...he never shows emotions and appears just boring in general. I still find the story intriguing enough to continue watching.
Spot on...
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 09:36 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
I think that is by design.

It will be interesting to see where they go with him since he seems to be the "good guy" right now. Especially from what you see in the flashbacks.
freethrowtommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 08:26 PM   #21 (permalink)

I watched the first 2 episodes, gonna watch 3rd tonight ('dvr'd') and I gotta say that the father (main character) is emotionless and quiet on purpose. As more of his past becomes known I believe that his character will start to show more emotion.
XARZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 08:52 PM   #22 (permalink)

I watched the first three episodes On Demand last night. I enjoyed it and I rarely watch TV shows.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:18 AM   #23 (permalink)

I am very happy with the show so far. I haven't watched last nights episode yet though but I can say 100% that I wish the blond wife would leave or die. She is so annoying and overbearing it is amazing. Are you completely oblivious to how things normally work in the middle east? Do you not remember what happened to Hussein and Khaddafi when the people finally got ahold of them? The show has a lot of promise though and, even though I have said it before, FX will own me this summer with Tyrant, The Bridge and The Strain.
Old 07-16-2014, 09:38 AM   #24 (permalink)

I like the story-line thus far, but have a hard time understanding some of the dialogue due to the strong middle eastern accents, but adds to the authenticity. I have to rewind it at times to make it out...I think Barry needs a little more personality, he reminds me of a B-rated Matthew Fox.

So, good to hear I rate military disability....too bad it's 0%....
jlcherry2477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:05 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcherry2477 View Post
I like the story-line thus far, but have a hard time understanding some of the dialogue due to the strong middle eastern accents, but adds to the authenticity. I have to rewind it at times to make it out...I think Barry needs a little more personality, he reminds me of a B-rated Matthew Fox.
Like it was said earlier in the thread, I think that he is very vanilla for a reason. I don't think he wants his family to know his past. I do think at some point in the season his family (wife and kids) will be threatened and he will go off and you will see a completely different persona.