Blowout Cards Forums
Football promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2014, 06:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
patsfan1106's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 2,731
Default American Citizen beheaded by ISIS

Missing American Journalist James Foley Reportedly Beheaded By ISIS

Absolutely terrible. Video can be found if you do enough searching. #@#@#@#@ those scums
__________________
Michael Floyd Collector 136 Cards Total (19 1/1's)
patsfan1106 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 09:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
IndyKMB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Central HoosierLand
Posts: 1,428
Default

So in their warped sense of reality, Muslims must be allowed freedoms and liberty, but non-Muslims should be executed.

It's very difficult to teach on Islam in 7th grade SS when the first question on many of my students minds is, why do so many Muslims act like terrorists? When I respond that they are simply seeing the actions of a few that certainly don't represent the thoughts of the majority, the follow up question is then, so why don't the majority of Muslims then unite and deal with these factions?

It's a question I cannot answer.
IndyKMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 09:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
JMarchand1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 2,052
Default

They have been an issue prior to the beheading. This just adds to their reign of terror in Iraq.
__________________
There is a great difference between fact and opinion.
JMarchand1981 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 10:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Nicnac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 8,298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyKMB View Post
So in their warped sense of reality, Muslims must be allowed freedoms and liberty, but non-Muslims should be executed.

It's very difficult to teach on Islam in 7th grade SS when the first question on many of my students minds is, why do so many Muslims act like terrorists? When I respond that they are simply seeing the actions of a few that certainly don't represent the thoughts of the majority, the follow up question is then, so why don't the majority of Muslims then unite and deal with these factions?

It's a question I cannot answer.
Thing is, who do you expect to deal with these guys? The most powerful military nation on the planet can't deal with them and we expect corrupt, poor, nations with poorly trained militaries to do something?
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 10:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
freethrowtommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Suspensionville, BO
Posts: 19,838
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyKMB View Post
So in their warped sense of reality, Muslims must be allowed freedoms and liberty, but non-Muslims should be executed.

It's very difficult to teach on Islam in 7th grade SS when the first question on many of my students minds is, why do so many Muslims act like terrorists? When I respond that they are simply seeing the actions of a few that certainly don't represent the thoughts of the majority, the follow up question is then, so why don't the majority of Muslims then unite and deal with these factions?

It's a question I cannot answer.
Insert select name of an organized religion for "Muslim" at any given point in the history of the world and you will see that this is nothing new. All of them have skeletons, some worse than this.

Once people wake up and see what the real issue has always been, maybe we will stop killing and hating over different "beliefs".

And, when people question why other Muslims don't unite and deal with them, there is a reason they are called "terrorists". There are plenty who are condemning their actions, but fear is why they are able to do what they do.
__________________
Jordy Nelson PC: http://tinyurl.com/nelson87
Aaron Rodgers PC: http://tinyurl.com/rodgers12
BO Forums: Where censored symbols lead to suspensions
freethrowtommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 11:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
freethrowtommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Suspensionville, BO
Posts: 19,838
Default

Also, he is also not the only American reporter being held by ISIS: my friend Steve, kidnapped by ISIS : pics
__________________
Jordy Nelson PC: http://tinyurl.com/nelson87
Aaron Rodgers PC: http://tinyurl.com/rodgers12
BO Forums: Where censored symbols lead to suspensions
freethrowtommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 11:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 259
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyKMB View Post
So in their warped sense of reality, Muslims must be allowed freedoms and liberty, but non-Muslims should be executed.

It's very difficult to teach on Islam in 7th grade SS when the first question on many of my students minds is, why do so many Muslims act like terrorists? When I respond that they are simply seeing the actions of a few that certainly don't represent the thoughts of the majority, the follow up question is then, so why don't the majority of Muslims then unite and deal with these factions?

It's a question I cannot answer.
This video may help.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=...type=2&theater
Timmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 12:15 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Nicnac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 8,298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freethrowtommy View Post

And, when people question why other Muslims don't unite and deal with them, there is a reason they are called "terrorists". There are plenty who are condemning their actions, but fear is why they are able to do what they do.
^ excellent! ^

We can't stop our own terrorists but we expect this supposed 'muslim' people to do something about group such as this.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 11:44 AM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
IndyKMB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Central HoosierLand
Posts: 1,428
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freethrowtommy View Post
Insert select name of an organized religion for "Muslim" at any given point in the history of the world and you will see that this is nothing new. All of them have skeletons, some worse than this.

Once people wake up and see what the real issue has always been, maybe we will stop killing and hating over different "beliefs".

And, when people question why other Muslims don't unite and deal with them, there is a reason they are called "terrorists". There are plenty who are condemning their actions, but fear is why they are able to do what they do.
Absolutely. Many are surprised to learn in 6th grade what the Crusades were really all about. Not many religions have clean hands when it comes to these sorts of things.
IndyKMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 11:54 AM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
ssbledsoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 7,696
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
Thing is, who do you expect to deal with these guys? The most powerful military nation on the planet can't deal with them and we expect corrupt, poor, nations with poorly trained militaries to do something?
The problem isn't that we can't deal with them, it's the collateral damage that is the problem.
__________________
PAYING VERY HANDSOMELY FOR THE "O" IN THE 2009 DREW BLEDSOE BY THE LETTER SET. WILL PAY $25 FINDERS FEE IF YOU DIRECT ME TO ONE AND I AM ABLE TO MAKE A DEAL (eBay and COMC listings NOT APPLICABLE/REDEEMABLE)
ssbledsoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 12:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
lobo_hacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,165
Send a message via Yahoo to lobo_hacker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbledsoe View Post
The problem isn't that we can't deal with them, it's the collateral damage that is the problem.
-I'm all for an approach that is both straightforward and extremely lethal:

"Take out your own trash or we turn whatever part of the world we find these jackholes at into a burning hole of patriotism."

lobo_hacker, who does not value human life much
lobo_hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 12:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
paul06901's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,028
Default

While this is completely tragic, let me pose this question:

If you went to Africa and tried to go sleep with a pack of lions, and you get eaten alive ... do you think you would have expected it?



I mean, it's no secret, American media has their grimy claws into every "hot" story around the world. These reports are ruthless, and they risk their lives for the money they bring their news company, and ultimately themselves.

Cue the Steve Irwin story...


Again, this entire ISIS situation is miserable, but unless you're a soldier ... stay the F away!
paul06901 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 12:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Addison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 3,430
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul06901 View Post
While this is completely tragic, let me pose this question:

If you went to Africa and tried to go sleep with a pack of lions, and you get eaten alive ... do you think you would have expected it?



I mean, it's no secret, American media has their grimy claws into every "hot" story around the world. These reports are ruthless, and they risk their lives for the money they bring their news company, and ultimately themselves.

Cue the Steve Irwin story...


Again, this entire ISIS situation is miserable, but unless you're a soldier ... stay the F away!
My thoughts exactly.
__________________
COMC 20% Auto-Accept On! http://www.comc.com/Users/AddisonD,sh,i100
:laugh:TRADING FOR 2012 MINOR LEAGUE HERITAGE TTM/IP AUTO BASE SET: 108/225 48.00%
Addison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 01:24 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
cruiserdaddy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,597
Default

He was showing the world the suffering of the Syrian people..... Guy had more guts(or less brains) than I to go over there and try to survive. Considering he had already been captured once in Libya Im not sure why he would continue to put himself in that much danger.
__________________
I will not bicker. I will not bicker. I will not bicker. I will not bicker. I will not bicker. I will not bicker.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 01:26 PM   #15 (permalink)
Boo
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 3,231
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
He was showing the world the suffering of the Syrian people..... Guy had more guts(or less brains) than I to go over there and try to survive. Considering he had already been captured once in Libya Im not sure why he would continue to put himself in that much danger.
Passion, some have a passion for something that is worth more than life to them. There are other examples, doctors working with Ebola patients, missionaries in many parts of the world, etc.
__________________
CheckOutMyCards ID = klay22

http://s1058.photobucket.com/albums/t403/klay22/
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 03:36 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
freethrowtommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Suspensionville, BO
Posts: 19,838
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
Passion, some have a passion for something that is worth more than life to them. There are other examples, doctors working with Ebola patients, missionaries in many parts of the world, etc.
This is the truth. There are people who live for dangerous situations ("adrenaline junkies").

I wouldn't be able to do it, but much love to the people who can.

It still makes my blood boil that things like this happen. It would be awesome if you could go anywhere without fear of something like this.
__________________
Jordy Nelson PC: http://tinyurl.com/nelson87
Aaron Rodgers PC: http://tinyurl.com/rodgers12
BO Forums: Where censored symbols lead to suspensions
freethrowtommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 03:39 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
death2redemptions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Previously Banned Member
Posts: 26,827
Default

With a kitchen knife.....ouch!
__________________
D2R: Pervert extraordinaire & connoisseur of the finest 80's porn. ALWAYS rocking the banana hammock with an umbrella in my drink...so hide the wives cuz here I come!
death2redemptions is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 03:58 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
Nicnac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 8,298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freethrowtommy View Post
This is the truth. There are people who live for dangerous situations ("adrenaline junkies").

I wouldn't be able to do it, but much love to the people who can.

It still makes my blood boil that things like this happen. It would be awesome if you could go anywhere without fear of something like this.
When we get rid of anger and hate...
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 04:05 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
groundsupport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,231
Send a message via AIM to groundsupport
Default

People seem to forget that we declated war on terrorism and they declared war on us.

We may want to stop fighting but the terrorists will never stop.
groundsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 04:22 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
Amerigo Vespucc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 118
Default

So sad that happened but i think ISIS is a false flag made up enemy probaby by the CIA or some group higher up.

Am i not the only one that knows, only a handful of people own every major media network in America, 6-10 people, they filter our news, brainwash our youth with commercials and music videos, teaching our youth to be mindless product consumers.

Rest in peace to those pawns sacrafised for the greater evil, be scared, be very scared of the people we put in power, i absolutly give up trying to make a change, because i know i cant do much on my own. However getting back to the topic on ISIS, notice what else is going on in the world and try to picture the perfect timing of this so called enemy.
__________________
"He can't get the logo, and if he can't, something has to be done. I feel like no NBA player should wear 23. I'm starting a petition, and I've got to get everyone in the NBA to sign it. Now, if I'm not going to wear No. 23, then nobody else should be able to wear it.''
Amerigo Vespucc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 04:24 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
Amerigo Vespucc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 118
Default

I love this country, i just dont like the stupid people
In charge. We live in a hypocracy democracy, isis lol joke.
Nice try but didnt fool me.
__________________
"He can't get the logo, and if he can't, something has to be done. I feel like no NBA player should wear 23. I'm starting a petition, and I've got to get everyone in the NBA to sign it. Now, if I'm not going to wear No. 23, then nobody else should be able to wear it.''
Amerigo Vespucc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 04:27 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
Addison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 3,430
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amerigo Vespucc View Post
So sad that happened but i think ISIS is a false flag made up enemy probaby by the CIA or some group higher up.

Am i not the only one that knows, only a handful of people own every major media network in America, 6-10 people, they filter our news, brainwash our youth with commercials and music videos, teaching our youth to be mindless product consumers.

Rest in peace to those pawns sacrafised for the greater evil, be scared, be very scared of the people we put in power, i absolutly give up trying to make a change, because i know i cant do much on my own. However getting back to the topic on ISIS, notice what else is going on in the world and try to picture the perfect timing of this so called enemy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amerigo Vespucc View Post
I love this country, i just dont like the stupid people
In charge. We live in a hypocracy democracy, isis lol joke.
Nice try but didnt fool me.
Fight the good fight Comrade...
__________________
COMC 20% Auto-Accept On! http://www.comc.com/Users/AddisonD,sh,i100
:laugh:TRADING FOR 2012 MINOR LEAGUE HERITAGE TTM/IP AUTO BASE SET: 108/225 48.00%
Addison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 04:31 PM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
death2redemptions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Previously Banned Member
Posts: 26,827
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amerigo Vespucc View Post
So sad that happened but i think ISIS is a false flag made up enemy probaby by the CIA or some group higher up.

Am i not the only one that knows, only a handful of people own every major media network in America, 6-10 people, they filter our news, brainwash our youth with commercials and music videos, teaching our youth to be mindless product consumers.

Rest in peace to those pawns sacrafised for the greater evil, be scared, be very scared of the people we put in power, i absolutly give up trying to make a change, because i know i cant do much on my own. However getting back to the topic on ISIS, notice what else is going on in the world and try to picture the perfect timing of this so called enemy.

__________________
D2R: Pervert extraordinaire & connoisseur of the finest 80's porn. ALWAYS rocking the banana hammock with an umbrella in my drink...so hide the wives cuz here I come!
death2redemptions is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 04:41 PM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
usafshelland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 3,527
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amerigo Vespucc View Post
So sad that happened but i think ISIS is a false flag made up enemy probaby by the CIA or some group higher up.

Am i not the only one that knows, only a handful of people own every major media network in America, 6-10 people, they filter our news, brainwash our youth with commercials and music videos, teaching our youth to be mindless product consumers.

Rest in peace to those pawns sacrafised for the greater evil, be scared, be very scared of the people we put in power, i absolutly give up trying to make a change, because i know i cant do much on my own. However getting back to the topic on ISIS, notice what else is going on in the world and try to picture the perfect timing of this so called enemy.
I immediately see something like this and have an instant reaction... LIBERAL DEM! Bwahahahaha...
__________________
http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m174/usafshelland/

-Buy #/% off...2/10%, 3/15%, 4/20%, 5+/25%
-Since when were cards made of gold?!?!
usafshelland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 07:45 PM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
Cervantes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,255
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amerigo Vespucc View Post
So sad that happened but i think ISIS is a false flag made up enemy probaby by the CIA or some group higher up.

Am i not the only one that knows, only a handful of people own every major media network in America, 6-10 people, they filter our news, brainwash our youth with commercials and music videos, teaching our youth to be mindless product consumers.

Rest in peace to those pawns sacrafised for the greater evil, be scared, be very scared of the people we put in power, i absolutly give up trying to make a change, because i know i cant do much on my own. However getting back to the topic on ISIS, notice what else is going on in the world and try to picture the perfect timing of this so called enemy.


__________________
COLLECTING: JIMMY BUTLER, TAJ GIBSON, JOAKIM NOAH, DERRICK ROSE and GARY PAYTON.
Cervantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.