Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2014, 07:49 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default 30 Day Happiness Challenge

I found this on pintrest and really like it so I will be completing this challenge over the next 30 days. I invite anyone who would like to do this with me to please feel free to post in here!

Day 1:
Name 3 things you are grateful for when you wake up. Repeat this for 29 days. (Honestly, I think this can be done throughout the day but I understand the importance of starting your day off right!)

Day 2:
Name one meaningful thing that happened to you in the last 24 hours. Repeat for 28 days.

Day 3:

Reach out to someone you know and praise them. Continue for 27 days.

Day 4:
Start doing cardio for at least 15 minutes a day. Continue this for 26 more days.

Day 5:
Start meditating for 5 minutes a day. Continue for 25 more days.

Day 30:
You made it! Keep doing these things.

Good luck, everyone!

Last edited by JosieD; 10-18-2014 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Added some awesomeness
JosieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 07:51 AM   #2 (permalink)

Day 1:
I am grateful for:
1. my beautiful boys. They are the loves of my life. My post-cancer miracles that I wasn't supposed to have. Every day with them is a gift.
2. All the support I have received throughout my journey including all the donations for our light the night team! They mean a lot to me. Thank you!
3. My husband. He is our families rock. Without him I'd probably be a little lost.
Old 10-19-2014, 08:09 AM   #3 (permalink)

Day 2:
1. I am grateful for all the amazing memories that we can provide my boys. Yesterday, we went to a pumpkin patch, a hay ride and some barrel rides. Next weekend, we have out annual kids Halloween party.

2. I am grateful for my brother. He was able to come to the walk last night. I like when we get to hang out. We were able to talk a lot on the walk and I love to see the boys with him.

3. I am grateful for the time we have together as a family. My new job had not been fulfilling or anything like I thought it would be but I have 7 night a week with my boys. I get to tuck them in every night as opposed to the 2 when I worked 2nd shift.

Meaningful thing: The Light the Night walk

Last edited by JosieD; 10-20-2014 at 06:16 AM.
JosieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 08:27 AM   #4 (permalink)

I'm currently attempting to do #4, but the weekends make it harder.
During my lunch break I've been shooting hoops with a few co workers and it is a blast.
I think somewhere are the 5 steps to keeping sane are posted somewhere, but I can't remember. They go something like this
1) eat healthy
2) sleep right
3) exercise
4) have a social life
5) I forget

Anyways, thanks for the updates.
Old 10-19-2014, 01:31 PM   #5 (permalink)

This thread makes me sad...
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 01:35 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
Do you want to talk about it?
Old 10-19-2014, 04:03 PM   #7 (permalink)

I hate happiness

Old 10-19-2014, 05:21 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennelson55 View Post
I'm currently attempting to do #4, but the weekends make it harder.
During my lunch break I've been shooting hoops with a few co workers and it is a blast.
I think somewhere are the 5 steps to keeping sane are posted somewhere, but I can't remember. They go something like this
1) eat healthy
2) sleep right
3) exercise
4) have a social life
5) I forget

Anyways, thanks for the updates.
Keep up the good work!
Old 10-19-2014, 06:36 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:

Maybe there's context here that I don't know about, but this seems harsh.

Keep up the good work, OP!
These days my PC is focused on Scottie Pippen and Gorgui Dieng. Will likely grow to include Andrew Wiggins soon. Also seeking Preferred Finals Prime Booklets from 2013-14, and other cards that catch my eye.
NeilCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 06:16 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
I hate happiness

I am sorry to hear that. Virtual hug.

Get your hand off my butt...
Old 10-20-2014, 06:32 AM   #11 (permalink)

Day 3:
1. I am grateful for my mom and her endless support. She came over yesterday to drop off a giant spider cookie for our annual Halloween party and has all kinds of awesome ideas.
2. I am grateful for my brother-in-law who has to put up with my husband. I know that can't be easy. He was here yesterday for a couple of hours upgrading his computer and put a lot of work into it.
3. I am grateful for my continued health. I mowed the entire yard yesterday. We have a large back yard but I was able to do so without taking any breaks minus the one time I had to talk with my neighbor about the wind and leaves.

One meaningful thing: I got to spend quality time with each one of my boys. We also played outside for awhile.

Praise: I am going to praise my husband today for being a good daddy by packing his lunch and putting a note in it. I got him pretzel rolls, tavern ham and the cheese he likes.
Old 10-20-2014, 03:11 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosieD View Post
I am sorry to hear that. Virtual hug.

Get your hand off my butt...
I thought you wanted me to be happy?
Old 10-20-2014, 04:22 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilCO View Post
Maybe there's context here that I don't know about, but this seems harsh.

Keep up the good work, OP!
No context. Unless trolling is a context. In which case it's trolling.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 05:32 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
I thought you wanted me to be happy?
Fine. One squeeze.
Old 10-21-2014, 06:56 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
No context. Unless trolling is a context. In which case it's trolling.
I like to picture you as a cute non-threatning troll so keep it my little cutie.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:01 AM   #16 (permalink)

Day 4:
1. I am grateful that I get to spend the day with my youngest. We are going to go to the library, play at the park, have a picinic at the park, and walk around and enjoy the nature. I am going to let him pick out our afternoon activity. It will probably be him watching me color.
2. I am grateful for amazon prime. My sons halloween costumes will be here in time for our halloween party. I went to 5 different stores trying to find exactly what they wanted last night.
3. I am grateful for my morning time to reflect and enjoy some quiet before our busy day begins. Added bonus: coffee.

Meaningful thing: My oldest and I shared a very tough teaching lesson last night that I am hoping he learned from.

Praise: I am going to praise my mom today.

Cardio: My son and I are going to run around the park.

Have an amazing day everyone! Or for all you negative Nancy's, try to have an ok day.
Old 10-21-2014, 01:53 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosieD View Post
Fine. One squeeze.
SCORE! I squeezed my first butt cheek today...WOO HOO!!!!
Old 10-22-2014, 05:25 AM   #18 (permalink)

Day 5:
1. I am grateful that I am feeling a little better from last night. My stomach was very upset. I laid down at 6:30pm and did not get back up.
2. I am grateful that my husband put the boys to bed by himself.
3. I am grateful for kindness. I truly believe it is the only thing mixed with a lot of compassion that is going to save the world some day.

Meaningful thing: Unexpected play date with an old co-worker who I miss very much

Praise: I haven't decided yet. It will be a random praise day.

Cardio: I will take a 15 minute walk at work today. Our campus is very hilly so it should be exciting.

Meditation: I have no clue when I am going to fit this in but I will try!
Old 10-22-2014, 06:52 AM   #19 (permalink)

Yawn.......
Old 10-22-2014, 09:29 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimarchi View Post
Yawn.......
I am also tired. I wish I could fit a nap in.
Old 10-22-2014, 01:34 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimarchi View Post
Yawn.......

And Trimarchi swoops in trying to kill the happiness thread!

OP: good luck. Seems like a challenge just to type all those things out! I'm pretty happy most of the time though, but if it is something that helps you be happy then it is probably cathartic.

Anyway, stay happy and always keep your troll hand strong.

KCCO!!
timfsu2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 07:24 PM   #22 (permalink)
Banned

Wow, this is great Ill have to try this!
YankeesFan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 07:22 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfsu2k View Post
And Trimarchi swoops in trying to kill the happiness thread!

OP: good luck. Seems like a challenge just to type all those things out! I'm pretty happy most of the time though, but if it is something that helps you be happy then it is probably cathartic.

Anyway, stay happy and always keep your troll hand strong.
I wanted to stay accountable so I decided document it here. I used to blog but they shut down the site I went to and now the group of women I blog with all picked different blog sites so my group has been disbanded. It was a pretty sad day. We blogged together for 10 years. We are all facebook friends but it isn't the same.

I am glad to see you are pretty happy most of the time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeesFan11 View Post
Wow, this is great Ill have to try this!
Awesome! Good luck!
Old 10-23-2014, 07:26 AM   #24 (permalink)

Day 6:

1. I am grateful for my mom's help. She is coming over tonight to help decorate the house for our halloween party. She normally comes over the day of but she is going away this weekend.

2. I am grateful for a conversation I got to have with a co-worker yesterday. She is nice to talk with.

3. I am grateful for playdates. We have a playdate with my friend and her daughter today. We always have a nice time.

Meaningful thing: The conversation with my co-worker.

Praise: I am going to praise my friend who I am having the playdate with. I wrote her out a card and I am going to mail it.

Cardio: I may take the dog for a "jog".

Meditation: I didn't get to fit it in yesterday. My husband was sick last night. We are just passing this back and forth.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Old Yesterday, 05:29 AM   #25 (permalink)

Day 7:

1. I am grateful for the fact that it is Friday! I get to spend 2 awesome days with my boys.

2. I am grateful that I already have so much done for our Halloween party. I just have to clean and make the food tomorrow. I may add a few finishing touches to the decorations.

3. I am grateful that I started a new bed time routine and my kids slept in their own beds all night last night!

Meaningful thing: My mom and I had an awesome time decorating and talking.

Cardio: I am going for a walk around my work today.

I hope everyone has a fantastic Friday!