Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2008, 02:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
hockeyjunkie99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tampa Bay Area, FL
Posts: 11,201
Question FedEx Question

I couldn't think of a topic to put this under but it has to do with Redemption/Damaged/etc Cards in general. My mom called me yesterday to tell me that she had just missed FedEx delivering something that needed a signature. By the time she got to the door the FedEx truck was well on its way. I am not expecting anything from FedEx that I know of but........My question is do any of the card companies send anything via FedEx that require signature confirmation?....if its something of high value anyways? I am waiting on some replacements of damaged cards from both UD and Donruss. I am also waiting for My 06/07 TTT Bktb Emerald Triple Jersey Auto #/18 of Magic/Bird/Walton. The value of the card is at least $300+ to me. The redemptions were going for $200+ on the bay. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am probably going to have to go to FedEx and pick up the package because there will be no one to answer the door today as well if they are redelivering it.

Maybe I am getting some porno that I am unaware of....lol
__________________
-NICK

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 02:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
pduce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Casper, Wyoming
Posts: 1,153
Default

Hockey....
Next time you order Girls gone Wild, you might want to have it shipped somewhere other than your mom's house.
__________________
Philip
pduce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 02:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Moderator
 
iluvfish2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Lansing, Michigan
Posts: 22,145
Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2
Default

They should of left a note with a tracking number. You'll have to call in if you don't want it rescheduled for delivery. Not sure if any use Fedex or not, sometimes they do for higher stuff. Mine normally come UPS though.
__________________
Blowouts Resident Wade Boggs Super Collector
iluvfish2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 02:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
fm8418's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ohio
Posts: 6,192
Send a message via AIM to fm8418
Default

when i get fedex stuff and miss the delivery i just go to the distribution center after the truck has gone back and pick up my package. Usually fedex stops delivering here 6/7pm and store is open til 830pm
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 02:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
ND3
Member
 
ND3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: In a Hospital Near You!
Posts: 11,607
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjunkie99 View Post
I couldn't think of a topic to put this under but it has to do with Redemption/Damaged/etc Cards in general. My mom called me yesterday to tell me that she had just missed FedEx delivering something that needed a signature. By the time she got to the door the FedEx truck was well on its way. I am not expecting anything from FedEx that I know of but........My question is do any of the card companies send anything via FedEx that require signature confirmation?....if its something of high value anyways? I am waiting on some replacements of damaged cards from both UD and Donruss. I am also waiting for My 06/07 TTT Bktb Emerald Triple Jersey Auto #/18 of Magic/Bird/Walton. The value of the card is at least $300+ to me. The redemptions were going for $200+ on the bay. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am probably going to have to go to FedEx and pick up the package because there will be no one to answer the door today as well if they are redelivering it.

Maybe I am getting some porno that I am unaware of....lol
Junkie I am willing to bet it is FedEx ground and probably something sent from UD. For some ungodly reason they use FedEx ground and require a signature confirmation to release the package. Will not allow neighboor to sign for it either. I had two redemptions delievered from UD that way. Pain in the ass because FedEx ground is different than regular FedEx so the pickup location is in a different place. In my case about 60 miles from my house!!! FedEx ground tries three consecutive times before it takes the package back to the distribution center. Sits there for some time (10 days or something) and then will be returned to sender. In the event it was not FedEx ground then I have wasted my time and yours haahha

Also if they left a ticket on the door call FedEx to find out who sent it. My hunch says it is Carlsbad, CA. That means its from the dopes at UD.
__________________
Maybe if I stick your head through that window over there you'll get unconfused. Give me the feckkin money. -- Nicky Santoro
http:/www.photobucket.com/nd3
ND3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 03:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
flobert1205's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,703
Default

I have had numerous cards from UD delivered to my house by Fedex, usually higher end stuff (ie, the cup).
__________________
Putting the Rainbow together of Marquise Goodwin from Topps Chrome - Autos and Non Autos
flobert1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 03:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
ND3
Member
 
ND3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: In a Hospital Near You!
Posts: 11,607
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flobert1205 View Post
I have had numerous cards from UD delivered to my house by Fedex, usually higher end stuff (ie, the cup).
Was it Fedex or FedEx Ground. The ground guy that delivers in my area is a total weirdo. Had the audacity to tell me to talk to the vendors sending me stuff because he didn't want to drive it up to my area when he knew nobody would be home. I told him to deliver later in the day instead of 7:45am. Also told him I have no idea when UD is sending something out. What a ballsack!
__________________
Maybe if I stick your head through that window over there you'll get unconfused. Give me the feckkin money. -- Nicky Santoro
http:/www.photobucket.com/nd3
ND3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 03:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
flobert1205's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,703
Default

I can have something at home when I missed the shipment. I'll let you know when I get home.
__________________
Putting the Rainbow together of Marquise Goodwin from Topps Chrome - Autos and Non Autos
flobert1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 03:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
hockeyjunkie99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tampa Bay Area, FL
Posts: 11,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pduce View Post
Hockey....
Next time you order Girls gone Wild, you might want to have it shipped somewhere other than your mom's house.
Believe or not, I recieved 30+ GGW DVD's for free over the last few years. Once a month there was a cleverly disguised package in the mail. My G/F didn't believe me but she checked all of my statements and couldn't find any way to show that I paid for them. Those DVD's weren't what I thought they were.....they were a hell of a lot better. I've got like 10-15 unopend DVD's if anyone is interested....lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by flobert1205 View Post
I have had numerous cards from UD delivered to my house by Fedex, usually higher end stuff (ie, the cup).
When I got my The Cup Replacements from UD they were sent in the yellow padded mailer with just my address on a white label and both redemption stickers on it and that was it.

I talked to my mom a little bit ago and she had said that the post office sent me a parcel note saying that I have to pick something up from them. Would FedEx drop something off at the PO for me to pick up there? I'm getting confused. If its a different package than I will be totally confused....lol I am literally not expecting anything. I haven't ordered anything. It would be great though if it was my TTT Redemption which is about to Turn 1 in July..hehe.
__________________
-NICK

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 03:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
Moderator
 
iluvfish2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Lansing, Michigan
Posts: 22,145
Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND3 View Post
Junkie I am willing to bet it is FedEx ground and probably something sent from UD. For some ungodly reason they use FedEx ground and require a signature confirmation to release the package. Will not allow neighboor to sign for it either. I had two redemptions delievered from UD that way. Pain in the ass because FedEx ground is different than regular FedEx so the pickup location is in a different place. In my case about 60 miles from my house!!! FedEx ground tries three consecutive times before it takes the package back to the distribution center. Sits there for some time (10 days or something) and then will be returned to sender. In the event it was not FedEx ground then I have wasted my time and yours haahha

Also if they left a ticket on the door call FedEx to find out who sent it. My hunch says it is Carlsbad, CA. That means its from the dopes at UD.
If I'm not mistaken you can have them redirect the package to your work if you can't be home to sign for it.
__________________
Blowouts Resident Wade Boggs Super Collector
iluvfish2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 03:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
ND3
Member
 
ND3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: In a Hospital Near You!
Posts: 11,607
Default

Bet the FedEx stuff is from UD. And the stuff at the PO is from Topps. I sent in a redmeption in for a 2007 TTT Football printing plate and they sent is USPS Certified Mail.
__________________
Maybe if I stick your head through that window over there you'll get unconfused. Give me the feckkin money. -- Nicky Santoro
http:/www.photobucket.com/nd3
ND3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 03:33 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
hockeyjunkie99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tampa Bay Area, FL
Posts: 11,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
If I'm not mistaken you can have them redirect the package to your work if you can't be home to sign for it.
There is sooo much security around here at work I don't think I'd want to take that chance.....lol....If you don't have an ID you aint getting in. And I don't think that the Guards at the Employee entrance will help any couriers out looking for people.
__________________
-NICK

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 03:34 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
hockeyjunkie99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tampa Bay Area, FL
Posts: 11,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND3 View Post
Bet the FedEx stuff is from UD. And the stuff at the PO is from Topps. I sent in a redmeption in for a 2007 TTT Football printing plate and they sent is USPS Certified Mail.
Oh what a great mail day that will be if that was the case!!! Don't get my hopes up!!
__________________
-NICK

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 03:35 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
swjedi2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,729
Default

Anything over $50 bucks is sent this way via UD...
__________________
My YouTube Box Break Page - http://www.youtube.com/swjedi2000

Collecting DREW STANTON auto's, patches, and low numbered cards!!! PM me!
swjedi2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 03:36 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
pduce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Casper, Wyoming
Posts: 1,153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjunkie99 View Post
There is sooo much security around here at work I don't think I'd want to take that chance.....lol....If you don't have an ID you aint getting in. And I don't think that the Guards at the Employee entrance will help any couriers out looking for people.

That's wierd, I work in a State Office too, as you well know, and we receive both work and personal UPS/FedEX deliveries on a daily basis. I have all kinds of stuff delivered to work. Even computer's that were brought in on dollies. I guess Florida has alot more crazies' to deal with.
__________________
Philip
pduce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 03:37 PM   #16 (permalink)
ND3
Member
 
ND3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: In a Hospital Near You!
Posts: 11,607
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swjedi2000 View Post
Anything over $50 bucks is sent this way via UD...
True....but if you redeem over the phone you can specify you want them to send something through another carrier like UPS or USPS. They did it for one of my redemptions because the FedEx ground thing really wasn't working for me.
__________________
Maybe if I stick your head through that window over there you'll get unconfused. Give me the feckkin money. -- Nicky Santoro
http:/www.photobucket.com/nd3
ND3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 03:39 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
hockeyjunkie99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tampa Bay Area, FL
Posts: 11,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pduce View Post
That's wierd, I work in a State Office too, as you well know, and we receive both work and personal UPS/FedEX deliveries on a daily basis. I have all kinds of stuff delivered to work. Even computer's that were brought in on dollies. I guess Florida has alot more crazies' to deal with.
I work in the courthouse though. I got to see the Hogan family on Friday....
__________________
-NICK

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 04:03 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
ebacardi2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: RG3 Country
Posts: 10,755
Default Really

Hogan Family... I think they are messed up! I see Linda in Beverly Hills sometimes on Robertson Blvd. What a joke>>>>>>
__________________
Collecting: Football-RG3,Alfred Morris Basketball-Kyrie Irving, Bradley Beal Hockey-Ovechkin, Backstrom Baseball-Bryce Harper
"If it says OBO then send me an offer, do not ask me to give you one"
ebacardi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 05:18 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
hockeyjunkie99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tampa Bay Area, FL
Posts: 11,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacardi2 View Post
Hogan Family... I think they are messed up! I see Linda in Beverly Hills sometimes on Robertson Blvd. What a joke>>>>>>
I think she's a total gold digger!!! I feel bad for the Hulkster though. His wife was taking his money and spending it while Hulk & Nick are going to Kmart, Target and all the lower end stores. She was trying to buy a house behind the hulksters back and I believe thats when he had enough and brought it to her attention. Then she filed for divorce.
__________________
-NICK

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 05:22 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
hockeyjunkie99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tampa Bay Area, FL
Posts: 11,201
Default Update!!!

Well I took a half hour detour on the way to my new home and stopped at my parents house to pick this up!!! It could be a good mail day after all. I hope whats in it is what is suppose to be in it. Started out the day with getting a 32" Flat Screen TV for free then my mom picked this package up from the PO for me:

FedEx Question-tttbk.jpg
Should I open it??

BTW, I also ran the tracking # from the FedEx slip and it is coming from Carlsbad, CA. So that means my damaged cards are coming back, getting replaced, or I get a couple of packs for my time.
__________________
-NICK

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 05:57 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
pduce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Casper, Wyoming
Posts: 1,153
Default

I got two of those myself just an hour ago. Both certified mail as well.

Mine were:
2008 Topps Heritage Aramis Ramierez Blue Auto
2008 Topps Heritage Aramis Ramierez Red Auto #55/59

I am a happy guy today. I bought them both off the bay cheap and glad that he actually signed(being a Cubs fan).
__________________
Philip
pduce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 06:06 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
pduce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Casper, Wyoming
Posts: 1,153
Default

What I find funny about the Topps redemptions is that it comes from Tristar. When I got the notice that I had to pick up 2 items from the sender Tristar, I figured I was getting some '87 Fleer BB packs from the stupid card chase company. Then I remembered the return address from other Topps redemptions that I have received, I realized what it was. Does Topps actually own Tristar or is a independent company other than the one that make's MiLB cards??
__________________
Philip
pduce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 06:13 PM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
hockeyjunkie99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tampa Bay Area, FL
Posts: 11,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pduce View Post
What I find funny about the Topps redemptions is that it comes from Tristar. When I got the notice that I had to pick up 2 items from the sender Tristar, I figured I was getting some '87 Fleer BB packs from the stupid card chase company. Then I remembered the return address from other Topps redemptions that I have received, I realized what it was. Does Topps actually own Tristar or is a independent company other than the one that make's MiLB cards??

Likewise. That was the first thing I noticed when I saw the package. The sad thing is though that the package said the year,brand and card # on it. So if someone knew something about cards at the PO I would have never recieved the card possibly.
__________________
-NICK

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 07:55 PM   #24 (permalink)
ND3
Member
 
ND3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: In a Hospital Near You!
Posts: 11,607
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjunkie99 View Post
Well I took a half hour detour on the way to my new home and stopped at my parents house to pick this up!!! It could be a good mail day after all. I hope whats in it is what is suppose to be in it. Started out the day with getting a 32" Flat Screen TV for free then my mom picked this package up from the PO for me:

Attachment 2276
Should I open it??

BTW, I also ran the tracking # from the FedEx slip and it is coming from Carlsbad, CA. So that means my damaged cards are coming back, getting replaced, or I get a couple of packs for my time.
Man am I good or what Junkie?
__________________
Maybe if I stick your head through that window over there you'll get unconfused. Give me the feckkin money. -- Nicky Santoro
http:/www.photobucket.com/nd3
ND3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 07:57 PM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
hockeyjunkie99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tampa Bay Area, FL
Posts: 11,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND3 View Post
Man am I good or what Junkie?
Great Job!!!!
__________________
-NICK

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.