Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2008, 10:31 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Once again, Flyers fans exhibit...

... their usual hateful, obnoxious, thuggish behavior in the wake of Game 4 Thursday night. My 17-year-old son and I were subjected to chants of as.holes, pu..ies and threats of physical confrontation. One guy danced around us with his index and middle fingers in a V and his tongue sticking through. My son wanted to put him out, my cooler head prevailed.
Is this a total inferiority complex, alcohol-fueled ignorance, or just plain rednecks? I met some really cool Flyers fans who wanted to talk hockey and who I congratulated on the Flyers playing a great game. As for the rest of them, they're the worst in sports and that's not something they should be proud of.
But if there's a Game 6, we'll be right there with our Pens jersey on, representing the team.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:44 AM   #2 (permalink)

Well I am glad to hear that even after two bad outings you and your son won't let a couple of jerk fans ruin the night out for you guys. It is horrible to see people act this way, I don't really know anything about Flyers fans being from Ohio but that kind of display is uncalled for and childish. I know some people dislike us Wings fans but atleast I can say that any person a fan of the other team can come to the Joe without having to worry about anything. I always talk to fans of the other team. It is a game, and entertainment....yet some fans can't understand that and try to ruin it for others. I am all for a little "razzing" here and there (which I get alot of when I go to a Tigers game wearing a Tribe uni and Hat). It is all in good fun though with the right crowd. But phisical threats over a damn hockey game is just crazy and stupid. You always have to love some drunk idiot that decides to talk crap when his team won a game yet they are still down 3-1 in the series. Good to hear thought that the cool head won the battle. No need to sink down to someone's level like that when you and your son are just trying to have a good night out and watch your team play some hockey. ")! for the class act you showed.

Always Looking For Zetterberg Patch Autos
vortekv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 12:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

In my experience with going to the four major sports in Philly, Football is the worst. Don't even consider going with another teams colors showing. I never had a problem with Hockey, Basketball or Baseball. I would have to attribute it to alcohol. It always gets worse as the game goes on. The only issues I ever had at a Hockey game always happened at the end of the game. It is fine to root for who you like but to confront people who don't like your team is not right. The problem with Football is the tailgating. Most of the fans are drunk before they get into the stadium.
ifish73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 12:46 PM   #4 (permalink)

glad you guys didnt go to Toledo Storm hockey games here in Toledo when the arena was around....I am guilty lol but I only swore at the players and away fans that had cowbells lol

Photobucket:
http://s985.photobucket.com/user/Matts_cardz/library/?sort=3&page=1
matts_cardz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 01:53 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts_cardz View Post
glad you guys didnt go to Toledo Storm hockey games here in Toledo when the arena was around....I am guilty lol but I only swore at the players and away fans that had cowbells lol
Loved going to watch the storm play. It was always ugly. That and you were guaranteed about 4 fights in the game.

Old 05-16-2008, 05:05 PM   #6 (permalink)

It will be interesting at the Steelers-Eagles game in September in Philly. I predict there will be 10,000 Steelers fans there. It's one of the few chances other than the Redskins game for Steelers fans in the Northeast corridor to travel to a game. Should be fun to watch the fans at that one, it's a 4:15 game.
Old 05-16-2008, 05:29 PM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

Long live the Toledo Storm, I remember the nights where 200 penalty minutes in a game were possible

Lucas County Arena Project
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 05:34 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm8418 View Post
Long live the Toledo Storm, I remember the nights where 200 penalty minutes in a game were possible

Lucas County Arena Project
Ohh yes, you could go there and watch a 4 on 5 for almost the entire game. You always got your money worth at a Storm game. My dad always tells me stories about when they were known as the "Gold Diggers" and how they always played like that. Penalties were like goals for the Storm

By the way....anyone else gonna be at game 5 for the Wings? I got tickets last minute today. If anyone is going to be there give me a shout. The Muel will be alive tomm Matt Get those gloves ready

Old 05-16-2008, 07:14 PM   #9 (permalink)

ya the gloves dont work anymore after last game! haha...me and my friends had season tickets next to the away bench and have spit at, swung at, you name it...we were known as the "shocker crew" because we all had shocker(if you have a dirty mind you know what it is) foam fingers haha

Photobucket:
http://s985.photobucket.com/user/Matts_cardz/library/?sort=3&page=1
matts_cardz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 08:37 PM   #10 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

mule isnt playing tomorrow
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 09:07 PM   #11 (permalink)

yeah, I actually read that earlier. Holland says he is cleared to practice with the team but they want him to practive a few days before they allow him in the game. BOOOOO Put the muel in