Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2008, 01:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default USPS and Priority Mail

I sent a card to a board member last Monday (May 12). I sent the card priority mail insured. I unfortunately did not pay for delivery confirmation as, I was told the enevelope could be tracked by the insurance #. Well the person has informed me on Saturday that they have not received the card. I went to the post office and they looked up the info they had using the insurance ticket # and all they could see was that it was accepted by my post office in VA, where it was shipped from. They can't not tell me where it is.... They said it might have not got scanned somewhere along the way. That it could still show up at the destination. Has anyone has an issue like this? I sent a $700 card and I am pissed that they might have lost it. Where the hell, do these items end up? I had a return address on it, just return it to me. Any help would be appreciated. I have to wait till June 2nd to open and insurance claim if it doesn't arrive before then. Then once I file its 4-6 weeks to get a refund. I mean the money isn't the worst thing because I can eventually get it back after refunding the member. The worst part is the Adrian Peterson Sp Authentic 3 color patch auto is gone or sitting in some postal employees house.

Last edited by ebacardi2; 05-21-2008 at 01:39 PM.
ebacardi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 01:53 PM   #2 (permalink)

These kind of things happen more then the PO will admit. I am sure someone will get it. Either your buyer a month late or his neighbor has it in thier box. Delivery confirmation would not have guarentee that the buyer will get it either, just that it was delivered somewhere they thought was right.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pduce View Post
These kind of things happen more then the PO will admit. I am sure someone will get it. Either your buyer a month late or his neighbor has it in thier box. Delivery confirmation would not have guarentee that the buyer will get it either, just that it was delivered somewhere they thought was right.

I hope they get it. Since it's a board member. I hope that they will work with me and wait a few more weeks, if it doesn't come a week from this Saturday. which will be about a month from when I shipped it, then I will have to refund his money and file the insurance claim. and wait the 4-6 weeks to get my money back. The PO won't let you file the claim until 3 weeks after you ship the item. then they wait 4 or 5 more weeks to see if it shows up and if not they issue the refund. It gives them 2 months basically to get it the person before, having to issue a refund if it was insured. I am definetly getting delivery confirmation from now on at least its more trackable. Thanks! E
Old 05-21-2008, 02:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

I use DC on all items I ship that are $10 or more regardless.

Lets hope the member you sold it to did not recieve the card and then decided "hmmm no DC slip huh. Maybe I should tell E that I didn't get the card and that he should refund me the money I paid for it. He did get insurance so its a win win for both of us especially me.

The other route would be that USPS drivers are getting to know what may possibly be in the bubble mailer and they took the risk and..............BINGO!!! Its there's to keep for the PC or sell.

Sorry for high lighting the negatives.

Hopefully it was a PO Mess up and the member will eventually recieve the card. It wasn't Garkocollector was it?

I personally think that it was the first thing I mentioned but thats my opinion.

Good Luck!

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 03:08 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjunkie99 View Post
I use DC on all items I ship that are $10 or more regardless.

Lets hope the member you sold it to did not recieve the card and then decided "hmmm no DC slip huh. Maybe I should tell E that I didn't get the card and that he should refund me the money I paid for it. He did get insurance so its a win win for both of us especially me.

The other route would be that USPS drivers are getting to know what may possibly be in the bubble mailer and they took the risk and..............BINGO!!! Its there's to keep for the PC or sell.

Sorry for high lighting the negatives.

Hopefully it was a PO Mess up and the member will eventually recieve the card. It wasn't Garkocollector was it?

I personally think that it was the first thing I mentioned but thats my opinion.

Good Luck!
It's crossed my mind that, the person could receive it and then say hmm no delivery confirmation. I'll say I have not received it and get my money back. I trust people, especially board members are better than that. If it was the other way around I would never do that to someone, even if I knew they would get there money back. It's still a pain to have to go through submitting a claim. I'll Hope for the best in the next week or so and go from there. E
Old 05-21-2008, 03:13 PM   #6 (permalink)

Again this is my opinion,

but you could also assume that which ever board member bought the card from you would have publicly called you out if they did in fact not recieve the card since it was such an expensive buy. To me it doesn't add up. We've had members call out members for more petty sales/trades on this board, albeit that some were resolved.

I hope everything comes out good in your situation.

Old 05-21-2008, 03:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjunkie99 View Post
Again this is my opinion,

but you could also assume that which ever board member bought the card from you would have publicly called you out if they did in fact not recieve the card since it was such an expensive buy. To me it doesn't add up. We've had members call out members for more petty sales/trades on this board, albeit that some were resolved.

I hope everything comes out good in your situation.
I don't think another member would call someone out publicly for not receiving the item after only a little over a week.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:28 PM   #8 (permalink)

You would be suprised with how many would.
GRWLRGUZZLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 04:31 PM   #9 (permalink)

Funny.. but more of "in a weird way". One of the customers at our local shop pulled an AP Exquisite a few months back. I guess while I was on vacation he finally sold it. Not sure if it was Ebay or what, but either way he had to ship it. Now, this guy works for UPS and yet he shipped it USPS. He is now in the same boat. Item is missing BUT he had it w/ DC and Insurance. Like you he now has to wait the required time blah blah blah. So that's 2 APs floating around out there. Maybe I need to go check my mailbox again?
rudyjustinfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 04:34 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjustinfarrell View Post
Funny.. but more of "in a weird way". One of the customers at our local shop pulled an AP Exquisite a few months back. I guess while I was on vacation he finally sold it. Not sure if it was Ebay or what, but either way he had to ship it. Now, this guy works for UPS and yet he shipped it USPS. He is now in the same boat. Item is missing BUT he had it w/ DC and Insurance. Like you he now has to wait the required time blah blah blah. So that's 2 APs floating around out there. Maybe I need to go check my mailbox again?

what do you all think, Is the best way to prove the value etc. if it does come down to opening the insurance claim. Paypal receipt that buyer paid with his address (ship to) what else?
Old 05-21-2008, 04:38 PM   #11 (permalink)

Book value is going to be higher than actual value, so that is what I would use.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:52 PM   #12 (permalink)

I think the post office will only want to see the receipt from the sale (Ebay printout or Paypal printout). You can Insure something for $500, but if you can only come up with a receipt that says $82.99, you will only get back the $82.99. BV won't mean squat. I'm not even sure that they will refund the money that you spent on the shipping and the insurance?
rudyjustinfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 05:53 PM   #13 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

on a higher $$ item like that you may also want to consider signature conformation. just another measure to assure you don't get screwed over for a bunch of money.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:59 PM   #14 (permalink)

If you paid for $700 worth of insurance the PO should be liable for you to recoup that amount insured.

Old 05-21-2008, 06:14 PM   #15 (permalink)

If you sent it insured mail, the person you sent it to has to sign for it. There's no way the board member could have the card withot signing for it UNLESS the mail person didn't see the insured blue sticker on your package which is very RARE since it's put by the persons address.
Every package that is D.C or Insured given out in the morning to be delivered is scanned by the clerks that are sorting the post. So they do know what the carriers have for packages.
You guys make it look like the USPS carriers are stealing cards, packages, ect and i'm sorry to say, I don't know any carriers I work with who want to give up the job for your cards or anything else. I can't say it doesn't happen forsure, but I will say it has to be rare.
You need to understand just how many packages are handled everyday.
Regardless if it's UPS, UPS, Fed-Ex or DHL, somethings do end up lost.
My 2 cents
kobemagee29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 06:43 PM   #16 (permalink)

I've received MANY insured packages in my mailbox that I didn't sign for.

Did the postal employee scan them? I don't know because I don't care and don't take the time to check online - I received the card.
thekramers5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 07:01 PM   #17 (permalink)

Were they insured black labels or Blue labels.
They just started the Black labels that are for packages with a insured value of $100 or less that don't require a signature.
I don't see how you would be receiving blue labeled insured packages in your mail box without signing a 3849 form.
When a carrier scans a package that requires a signature, they have to have the 3849 form signed then they scan the 3849 which takes a picture of your signature.
kobemagee29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 08:30 PM   #18 (permalink)

That just sucks.
I know who that card was going to.I do hope I'll get to see it.
Good Luck.
PAYDIRTGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 08:35 PM   #19 (permalink)

It could be a routing error....right?
PAYDIRTGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 08:55 PM   #20 (permalink)

Default UPDATE!!!!

Hey E,

Good news! I just got back to Utah. The card hasn't been delivered but they did leave me a note saying it was at the post office. I will go pick it up tomorrow.
It's really weird though, I was out of town on Monday, Tuesday and today but the wife was home and she said the mailman never attempted delivery to the door but he did leave the attempted delivery note in the box but just today.
Anyway, thanks for your time and patients in this matter I will leave positive feedback for you tomorrow.

This guy is a class act!!! Thanks for all your suggestions. I was so stressed... Thanks Jerry!!!!
Old 05-21-2008, 09:47 PM   #21 (permalink)

Great news. It worked out the best way it could have. Glad to hear your day of frustration is over and only last a day.