Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2008, 03:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default NBA finals predictions

The nba looks really nice for betting. What are home teams since round 2, 22-2? My predictions:
Spurs win tonight, lose game 5, then take down 6 and 7. Celtics win tonight, lose game 6, then win game 7.

Spurs then lost 2 vs Boston, with both at home, lose away at Boston, then win the next 2 games and we got another predictable championship. What do you guys think? I don't follow basketball, but the Spurs just seem to be clutch at home and for game 7s.
jacobbigshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 03:27 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobbigshow View Post
The nba looks really nice for betting. What are home teams since round 2, 22-2? My predictions:
Spurs win tonight, lose game 5, then take down 6 and 7. Celtics win tonight, lose game 6, then win game 7.

Spurs then lost 2 vs Boston, with both at home, lose away at Boston, then win the next 2 games and we got another predictable championship. What do you guys think? I don't follow basketball, but the Spurs just seem to be clutch at home and for game 7s.
I hope to God you are wrong about the Spurs! They are so boring!
Old 05-27-2008, 03:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

i agree with flo, i hate the spurs in championships(and all other times) because they make the game so boring. Remember 3 years back when the spurs/pistons series went to 7 game. Usually if a championship series goes to sudden death, its the most exciting game of the season, but i dont think i watched even one game of that series. I think the final score was like 84-78 and that got one of the worst ratings ever. I hope lakers close it out in 6, and C's win it in 7 and then have a classic showdown and have a fun series to watch
wizrdsrle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 03:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

I predict the Pistons in the East and the Lakers in the West. Pistons > Lakers in 7 for the title.
Old 05-27-2008, 03:42 PM   #5 (permalink)

That would be cool for Detriot but calm on, I don't think the East has a chance, and the Spurs are so boring and will win the championship again, they have the defense and the experience, don't think anybody can beat them, and I have my money on that.
Old 05-27-2008, 04:18 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

I'll take boring over showboating anyday.
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 04:28 PM   #7 (permalink)

Lakers lose tonight, but will take the series 4-1. C's will nab a game 7 win. Lakers VS C's on the finals, game 7 road loss to C's for a Lakeshow championship would be my prediction.

Low-End Kobe and Kevin Durant autos.
Topps Signature Autographs that I don't have (CP3, Dennis Rodman, Ray Allen, Eric Gordon, Russel Westbrook)

Last edited by deuxmachinax; 05-30-2008 at 01:05 PM.
deuxmachinax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 04:35 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm8418 View Post
I agree, but I really do not like Manu or Parker...they irritate me.
Old 05-27-2008, 04:42 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flobert1205 View Post
I agree, but I really do not like Manu or Parker...they irritate me.
Thats the thing, the Spurs have too many good players. If anybody doesn't think this isn't going to game 7 with 15 seconds left to decide to game is crazy, these teams have history, its going to 7 games, I am 50% sure the Spurs will win game 7.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobbigshow View Post
That would be cool for Detriot but calm on, I don't think the East has a chance, and the Spurs are so boring and will win the championship again, they have the defense and the experience, don't think anybody can beat them, and I have my money on that.
Calm on? I am calm enough

I think Detroit is pretty solid on defense and experience as well. Their biggest problem is that they don't always seem to put forth a full effort. Now, being a fan I am probably a bit biased, but when they are focused I think that they are the best team in the NBA. In my opinion, their combination of experience, youth, and depth is unmatched by any other team.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:30 PM   #11 (permalink)

I think it will be Celtics in 7 and Lakers in 6. The finals will be Celtics in 6.

Correct me if I am wrong because I am not sure how the determine home court in the Finals but wouldn't either East team have home court next round because they have better records then either the Lakers or the Spurs.

Checkoutmycards ID: kelleys1
kelleys1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 05:54 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleys1 View Post
I think it will be Celtics in 7 and Lakers in 6. The finals will be Celtics in 6.

Correct me if I am wrong because I am not sure how the determine home court in the Finals but wouldn't either East team have home court next round because they have better records then either the Lakers or the Spurs.

Yes that is correct. The East will have home court advantage in the retarded 2-3-2 format in the finals.
csun22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 05:54 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:

The Lakers showboat?
Old 05-27-2008, 06:12 PM   #14 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

I am betting the Fakers tonight.. This seems like way too much of a trap game with the pt spread Fakers were getting 6 in game 3 and get beat by 20 and not they are only getting 4??? Plus, the moneyline is only like +150. Fakers probably end this in 5 and who knows about the East both teams suck as they take too many games off.
wolffer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 08:19 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by csun22 View Post
The Lakers showboat?
1 man teams...yes the Lakers are playing better as a team this year but they go as kobe does.....so does cleveland
Old 05-27-2008, 09:00 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
1 man teams...yes the Lakers are playing better as a team this year but they go as kobe does.....so does cleveland

I don't understand how that equates to the Lakers showboating. I agree that for the most part the Lakers go as Kobe goes but its still a team sport and the Lakers don't win anything without other people on the team stepping up to play (ie, Lamar Odom).....which is one reason why they are still in the playoffs and Cleveland isn't.

The Lakers are far from a 1 man team this year....
Old 05-27-2008, 09:57 PM   #17 (permalink)

I consider most superstars showboaters, Kobe talks more #@#@#@#@ than anyone suposedly, He backs it up but I rather see teamplay.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:10 PM   #18 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

I predict it coming down to the Lakers and Celtics, with BOS winning in 6. I also predict that very few people will care and ratings will still suck despite the dream match-up for the NBA.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:21 PM   #19 (permalink)

I hate hearing about it being a dream matchup. half of Bostons players are new this season. Just doesn't seem right to call it a classic matchup.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:25 PM   #20 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

I was meaning dream ratings wise in the eyes of the NBA. The only team I like to watch is Detroit because they actually play D, more so when Big Ben was there. I can't stand pro ball anymore, just a bunch of self centered, over paid primadonas that are all about me me me. Very few of them play anymore for the love of the game, its all about the contract and endorsements, not winning championships.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:35 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskell02 View Post
I was meaning dream ratings wise in the eyes of the NBA. The only team I like to watch is Detroit because they actually play D, more so when Big Ben was there. I can't stand pro ball anymore, just a bunch of self centered, over paid primadonas that are all about me me me. Very few of them play anymore for the love of the game, its all about the contract and endorsements, not winning championships.
I was listening to ESPN radio and usually hate Gotlieb but he made a good point. He said "we hardly know anything or have access to players nowadays but you know what if I did I probably would hate NBA players even more"

Yeah I was mad when Big Ben left but he was trying to get $15 million a year. Detroit offered him like 10-12 which was generous. I only ever watch Pistons ball and even then it's only in the playoffs or if not much is going on.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:37 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
I consider most superstars showboaters, Kobe talks more #@#@#@#@ than anyone suposedly, He backs it up but I rather see teamplay.

I think trash talking is done by most NBA players regardless if they can back it up. I think Kobe is learning that he can't do it alone which is making him more of a team player. It will be a good rest of the series
Old 05-28-2008, 12:01 AM   #23 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

God that was the easiest $100 I have ever made... 2 nights in a row with Det lastnight... I love the playoffs and their traps..
Old 05-28-2008, 10:39 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffer12 View Post
I am betting the Fakers tonight.. This seems like way too much of a trap game with the pt spread Fakers were getting 6 in game 3 and get beat by 20 and not they are only getting 4??? Plus, the moneyline is only like +150. Fakers probably end this in 5 and who knows about the East both teams suck as they take too many games off.
Wow I bet on the Spurs and I got crushed. Did you bet the straight up or spread? Just sux, the Spurs had it......
Ok I switch my picks, Lakers win the NBA finals.....im putting in the 5-9 bet tomorow.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:17 PM   #25 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

I took the spread even tho the money line cried to take the Fakers... but then again if that 3 goes in at the buzzer I would have been pissed because of Kobe's dumba$$ move to shoot that shot.. Anyways Jacob i am hopping that bandwagon with you Fakers to win it all. Also, I think we just saw the end of a dynasty lastnight. You will not see the Sperms in the conference finals again for 10 more years.. TOO OLD