Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2008, 11:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

Exclamation What needs to be done

people can add to the list if they want

1. photo bucket shouldnt be allowed...if the rest of us scan our pulls/cards for trade then you can also and put it in a post

2. people who want a card from a fellow member should look on ebay before judging the seller is "ripping them off"

3. pack by pack breaks should be banned, i.e. a 24 pack box does not need 24 posts...

4. group breaks should have members from blowout, not some jigaboo's from another site...who cares if the case was bought from blowout

5. dont post other sites and claim they have "cheap box prices"...we all know blowout has the cheapest prices of all internet card dealers

6. words like "mojo and sick" should just not be used....if you want to bring out the highlight pull of your box, list it on ebay with those terms....they just seem childish

7. Group breaks should be ran by professional members who have been here forever and have built up the crediblity

8. post your stuff in the right section, box breaks should not be listed in the "sell section", and stuff for trade shouldnt be listed in the "box break" section...its like cleaning up your dishes...we are all grown enough to do it, so dont let the mod's do the dirty work and have to move everything in the right section all the time

9. dont spam your breaks/trades in various sections of the board....I dont know how many times I have seen the same post in 2 or more different areas

10. if you post a box break, at least have the damn thing with you...dont post "im getting my box/case in a week", post it when you have them in hand

11. dont post your break if you dont intend on having a scanner/digital camera...no one will believe you and you shouldnt get mad at them for not doing so since they have no proof of you pulling those actual cards....if you have enough money to buy a box...you have enough to buy a scanner

12. If you need help with something, dont be afraid to ask...most of the people on here will help you out and lead you in the right direction....just make sure its in the right area of the board

13. If you intend on selling something on the board...put a price with it....its in Blowout's rules...more than likely if you dont post a price, no one is going to responde

14. Everyone on the board needs to be a Red Wings fan...if you're not...it should be an automatic ban from the site...HAHA just kidding

Im sorry to rant...I have been trying to keep my mouth shut for a long time now...Im no expert or anything and im not perfect either....but all of this isn't brain surgery...im sure all of us are bright people and I am more than willing to help anyone out

Please feel free to add on

Photobucket:
http://s985.photobucket.com/user/Matts_cardz/library/?sort=3&page=1
matts_cardz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 11:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

First of all, why shouldn't photobucket be allowed? This basically looks like just rehashing the rules.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:00 AM   #3 (permalink)

agreed with photobucket. Kinda a pain in the ass to navigate to find the cards you are a looking for unless they are really organized...Imageshack does very well for thumbnails, if anyone has any questions there is a FAQ section that will help you with that.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:18 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
1. photo bucket shouldnt be allowed...if the rest of us scan our pulls/cards for trade then you can also and put it in a post
If Photobucket works for someone, why shouldn't they be able to use it? As long as it works and people can view it, there is no problem with it.

Quote:
3. pack by pack breaks should be banned, i.e. a 24 pack box does not need 24 posts...
Pack-by-pack breaks are fine, just edit the original post with each update.

Quote:
5. dont post other sites and claim they have "cheap box prices"...we all know blowout has the cheapest prices of all internet card dealers
Blowout is not always the cheapest, but these kinds of posts are just in extremely bad taste. You just don't plug a competing site. Simple as that.

Quote:
11. dont post your break if you dont intend on having a scanner/digital camera...no one will believe you and you shouldnt get mad at them for not doing so since they have no proof of you pulling those actual cards....if you have enough money to buy a box...you have enough to buy a scanner
If I post the results of my break, I'm doing it so others know what was pulled. I am providing product information. If I'm not planning on listing something on eBay anytime soon, I'm not scanning it right away. The purposes of breaks are to find out what was pulled, not just to look at pretty pictures.

And as for having proof, it's easy enough to pull a pic from eBay or some other forum and claim you pulled it, so that's not a valid reason. And on the old board, very rarely did we post pics and it wasn't an issue.

The rest are just common sense and like Tony said you are just re-hashing many of the rules that are already in place...
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 12:19 AM   #5 (permalink)

photo bucket

just scan the cards...everytime I try to get into photobucket it kicks me offline....I mean if someone has a thread listed as "looking for tom brady jerseys" and they get a response of someone saying "I have a few jerseys of him, look in my bucket"....Im not going to go through all the other junk to find it...I mean its not difficult...when I first came here back in July, I knew how to upload pics....im not a computer genius either, its not that difficult to resize your pics and upload them and like most of you guys suggest Imageshack is very helpful....I dont know, we will all have a different opinion on that one....some of us will like it some wont, thats how we survive in the world lol

Photobucket:
Old 06-02-2008, 12:22 AM   #6 (permalink)

When it comes to photobucket, I just click the "view all button."

Edit: Ya, its not hard to just host it.
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 12:24 AM   #7 (permalink)

I guess I wasnt clear on the pack-by-pack breaks...I mean dont post a reply for every pack...they are fine if they just update the 1st thread

you make a valid point about someone taking a pic off ebay, hell Ive had it happen here to me with one of my breaks...stole the pic right from me here and posted it in their break....I guess we will never have a valid picture system saying there's so many loopholes....just look for alot of good "hits" from my future breaks haha

as for the rest being self explanatory...why do so many people not do them? maybe its better to rehash the rules every now and then so people know them

Photobucket:
Old 06-02-2008, 12:29 AM   #8 (permalink)

Another rule, we should have a basketball case break every week! lol just kidding. good set of rules though, I should go buy myself a scanner soon

Low-End Kobe and Kevin Durant autos.
Topps Signature Autographs that I don't have (CP3, Dennis Rodman, Ray Allen, Eric Gordon, Russel Westbrook)
deuxmachinax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 12:30 AM   #9 (permalink)

Rule 21 Paragraph 2 from Bam's Book of Message Board Etiquette (currently only in paperback form and a tough find) :

If someone has an issue with other members and posts a thread NOT NAMING NAMES or using poor language but just citing occurences, why would such threads be deleted when a VALID POINT is being made ? I think a PM with an explanation from whomever deleted the thread would be nice if this happens in the future.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 12:34 AM   #10 (permalink)

Oh Yeah, one more thing....... APE SHALL NOT KILL APE

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 12:35 AM   #11 (permalink)

crap, I didn't take any rules from your book did I? I hope its not copyrighted or else im in deep do do lol....I dunno people report threads for dumb reasons, I just do it when I see someone saying "f you im not going to pay you, you can stick those cards in your..." like recently....stuff like that should be reported..

Photobucket:
Old 06-02-2008, 01:38 AM   #12 (permalink)

15. Can you Legally say #4.

And 14.Why would anyone want red wings or any color for that matter.
What about a nice Blue Star.
PAYDIRTGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 08:24 AM   #13 (permalink)
ND3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
Rule 21 Paragraph 2 from Bam's Book of Message Board Etiquette (currently only in paperback form and a tough find) :

If someone has an issue with other members and posts a thread NOT NAMING NAMES or using poor language but just citing occurences, why would such threads be deleted when a VALID POINT is being made ? I think a PM with an explanation from whomever deleted the thread would be nice if this happens in the future.
Bam I thought this available in e-book as well
Old 06-02-2008, 01:15 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAYDIRTGOD View Post
And 14.Why would anyone want red wings or any color for that matter.
What about a nice Blue Star.
Totally agree with the big blue star, as long as it's Cowboys Blue!!
Old 06-02-2008, 01:17 PM   #15 (permalink)

i can't upload pics....... i use 56K dail up. why do i use dial up?..... because it's free for me. i dial in from home to work and use their server.
go_steelers07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 01:46 PM   #16 (permalink)

I use 56k dial up as well and pics upload within 45 seconds....actually much faster than ebay's upload time..

Photobucket:
Old 06-02-2008, 02:42 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

how bout this...

DELETE ALL THREADS THAT SAY THEY THE FOLLOWING:

"I WILL BE BREAKING PRODUCT (INSERT PRODUCT) AT (INSERT TIME)"

seriously, just post it when you get it. stop wasting server space.
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 02:55 PM   #18 (permalink)

thats what I said Captain...glad your not the only one that sees this as a problem! lol

Photobucket:
Old 06-02-2008, 04:26 PM   #19 (permalink)

I'm a little confused on the photobucket issue. Are you saying we should ban photobucket pics, or links to the person's collection?

I like using PB to show pics because its right there, no clicking thumb nails. Plus, using the forum's scan option uses up blowout's server bandwidth, which could cause the forum load times to slow down.
Jiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 06:41 PM   #20 (permalink)

just links to it....im so tired of someone trying to sell something and I have to go look through all there stuff in their photobucket just to find it...just post a link of the card....also hate seeing people selling a card and buyers saying "look at my bucket if you want to trade for it"...why dont u just state "what/who are you looking for and ill tell you what I have"....I dont know, it shouldnt really effect me because I do most of my buying off ebay

Photobucket: