Blowout Cards Forums
Miguel Sano

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2015, 12:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to groundsupport
Default Uh.... Why did he open fire? Another police shooting.

Unbelievable... Straight up gunned down someone with his hands up. Story said the victim assaulted a woman and a child though. It doesn't state the extent of their injuries.

Video Shows Texas Cops Fatally Shooting Man Who Apparently#@Raised Arms in Surrender
groundsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 12:49 PM   #2 (permalink)

Two things going against the video. One is you can't see one of his arms at all. The other is its hard to tell (because of how sound travels) if he reached for something and was then shot or reacted because of his wounds after getting shot. It would appear he was shot while giving himself up, but there is some room for another argument.
Old 09-01-2015, 12:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundsupport View Post
Unbelievable... Straight up gunned down someone with his hands up. Story said the victim assaulted a woman and a child though. It doesn't state the extent of their injuries.

Video Shows Texas Cops Fatally Shooting Man Who Apparently#@Raised Arms in Surrender
How come you don't post links to the news stories of all of the cops getting shot lately? Hmmm....

The way cops are dropping like flies, I would shoot first and ask questions later.
fulltritty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 12:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGT Masters View Post
Two things going against the video. One is you can't see one of his arms at all. The other is its hard to tell (because of how sound travels) if he reached for something and was then shot or reacted because of his wounds after getting shot. It would appear he was shot while giving himself up, but there is some room for another argument.
I get the point that you only see one arm. But how many times do you see someone raise 1 arm with guns pointed at them?

I really curious to see what the findings are when the investigation.

I watched the first video 6-7 times now, and I'm just not seeing what that guy did wrong to be shot. He stopped approaching the cops, and he had his arm(s) up.
Old 09-01-2015, 12:57 PM   #5 (permalink)

If you assault a woman and child and end up dead i dont feel to bad for you. One less scumbag in the world
silverandblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 12:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:

That is insane. Horrible.
These days my PC is focused on Scottie Pippen and Gorgui Dieng. Will likely grow to include Andrew Wiggins soon. Also seeking Preferred Finals Prime Booklets from 2013-14, and other cards that catch my eye.
NeilCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 12:58 PM   #7 (permalink)

After what happened just a couple of miles from my house last Saturday evening, I am finding it difficult to care.
Old 09-01-2015, 01:04 PM   #8 (permalink)

Another, officers entered wrong house, two were shot and dog killed. Several should be fired.
Old 09-01-2015, 01:07 PM   #9 (permalink)

I would venture to guess he had a knife or some sort of weapon in his hand. Officers told him to drop it and he didn't. I find it very hard to believe cops are going to fire on a suspect who is surrendering peacefully.

If this guy had something in his hand, it would only take a split second for him to be able to throw it at the officers. That would be my guess anyways, as it is very difficult to see because of the video quality and the blocked angles.
Old 09-01-2015, 01:13 PM   #10 (permalink)

As BGT mentioned above, it is hard to tell based on how sound travels but it sure looked to me as if the suspect dropped his hands very quickly BEFORE the shots were fired. For all we know there may have been a visible weapon in the waste band and the guy was reaching for it. All I'm saying is that be careful before jumping to conclusions. We have seen time and again where video is very misleading or leaves off very important details.
Old 09-01-2015, 01:17 PM   #11 (permalink)

Atlanta-Area Police Officer Shot Responded to Wrong Home
Old 09-01-2015, 01:18 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
As BGT mentioned above, it is hard to tell based on how sound travels but it sure looked to me as if the suspect dropped his hands very quickly BEFORE the shots were fired. For all we know there may have been a visible weapon in the waste band and the guy was reaching for it. All I'm saying is that be careful before jumping to conclusions. We have seen time and again where video is very misleading or leaves off very important details.
You're right. It does happen really fast. I guess I did jump the gun because the video looks so bad.
Old 09-01-2015, 01:24 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
You're right. It does happen really fast. I guess I did jump the gun because the video looks so bad.
No worries, to a layman, it is hard to comprehend how very, very little time that it can take to go from 'things are going calmly' to 'damn, I'm dead'. It is sobering going through real life simulations and video simulators and realizing how just a fraction of a second of failing to respond can allow a bad guy to reach for a weapon, engage it and get the drop on you. Action is ALWAYS faster than reaction. Good on you for being open and owning your comments.

Having said all of the above, it still may be a bad shoot in the end but the suspect put it into motion by dropping his hands to his waist. Innocent people or people with good intentions rarely do such things.
Old 09-01-2015, 01:26 PM   #14 (permalink)

Imagine the headlines had that guy not been white.

"Always with them negative waves"- Oddball
"Uh-uh, I don't tip"- Mr. Pink
ajlaxmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 01:27 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajlaxmn View Post
Imagine the headlines had that guy not been white.
Wait, what? The guy was "white"? Can't be, police never shoot white men.
Old 09-01-2015, 01:28 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
I get the point that you only see one arm. But how many times do you see someone raise 1 arm with guns pointed at them?

I really curious to see what the findings are when the investigation.

I watched the first video 6-7 times now, and I'm just not seeing what that guy did wrong to be shot. He stopped approaching the cops, and he had his arm(s) up.
I watched the video several times and I couldn't 100% say one way or the other if he was shot for no reason. The video definitely makes it appear he was but there is still doubt there for me. it wasn't so much him not raising the other hand but more so you can't see if he has something in his other hand.

Also, you cannot tell when he was actually shot in regards to his quick movement prior to the sound of the gunshots. I just don't want to jump to conclusions on this one since there is a little doubt in my mind, but it would appear to be unjustified.

edit: Looks like someone already covered all of what I just said.
Old 09-01-2015, 01:36 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
Wait, what? The guy was "white"? Can't be, police never shoot white men.
The statistic was in a recent article, but I will not post it because people tattle on me for statistics. I will say, the massive amount of whites shot compared to blacks was alarming. The media certainly leads you to believe differently. I was thinking I would start a movement, I just can't think of a name for one.
Old 09-01-2015, 01:50 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
Thanks for this article. It is the first information I have seen that the police identified themselves. From what was reported earlier, I thought they entered, didn't identify themselves, and the home owner shot them thinking they were robbers.

So now I'm wondering if the home owner is going to be charged since they identified themselves as police. The dispatcher should definitely be fired for not giving them a definitive house address; only a general description.
fulltritty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 01:56 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
The statistic was in a recent article, but I will not post it because people tattle on me for statistics. I will say, the massive amount of whites shot compared to blacks was alarming. The media certainly leads you to believe differently. I was thinking I would start a movement, I just can't think of a name for one.
#whitelivesmatter

When do we get to start rioting?
upsbroker06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 02:05 PM   #20 (permalink)
Boo

Another cop killed, this time in Chicago. Two WHITE and one BLACK suspects at large.

http://s1058.photobucket.com/albums/t403/klay22/
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 02:51 PM   #21 (permalink)

I wish a new hashtag trend/movement would start called #TRUTHmatters

Where, everyone stops following race-baited, distorted viewpoints, and biased, uninformed media stories and instead start focusing on the TRUTH.

Media/propaganda in the U.S. right now is just so disgusting.

OP shows exactly why this is such a huge problem. Everyone is speaking and acting out without knowing the facts. The TRUTH. Doesn't matter whether it's racially-motivated or not. Everyone seems to be developing opinions based on erroneous, emotionally-charged misinformation. I'd like to say my comments are not based on this exact story, but these types of stories in general.

I will say one thing. To ANYONE who every has anything to say about how the police do their job ... YOU DO IT!

Everyone speaks from an uninformed point of view. YOU go out there with "rules" and "regulations" controlling your actions and DAILY try to deal with absolute ruthless SCUM of the earth.

Police are now so "monitored" by citizens, and media are blatant LIARS to boost ratings. YOU try going out and not defending yourself against an assailant when they reach for a weapon because you want to be "CERTAIN" they are actually going for a weapon.

We are turning into a society that is heading towards anarchy. When people are so "outraged" at the forces that police our civilization ... that is SCARY.

I'll say it again ... have a problem with the police and how they do their business? YOU DO IT! You go out there tell that person who is likely trying to kill you to avoid prison/etc. to BE NICE and PUT the weapon down or do not resist arrest!

Not to mention the media feed is so filtered that we don't REALLY know what goes on, video or not. Everything is so manipulated and twisted by the time it reaches us. And the stories that make national headlines are only the ones that the media twists up and emotionally crams down our throats. Most people read the headlines and form an opinion. They are too simple-minded to actually research and formulate a strong opinion based on facts, not media propaganda.

It's just really sad.

Last edited by paul06901; 09-01-2015 at 02:53 PM.
paul06901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 03:45 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
~77% of the US population is white
~13% of the US population is black.

White people also buy more cans of soda.

June 2015: When Love Became Legal For All in America <3 #FEELTHEBERN
Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 03:54 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulltritty View Post
How come you don't post links to the news stories of all of the cops getting shot lately? Hmmm....

The way cops are dropping like flies, I would shoot first and ask questions later.
Exactly. Where is our great President to stand up for the men and women in blue? Cops losing their lives is bound to happen, but the b.s. "anti-cop" movement is a total joke. You can criticize this video and all the rest. As long as the criminals keep acting stupid, cops have every reason to shoot. Take the LA trooper that was just checking on a crashed vehicle and the driver kills him. Or the deputy pumping gas that was ambushed.

Sent it to the grand jury. Police have amazing lawyers.
Old 09-01-2015, 03:57 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
~77% of the US population is white
~13% of the US population is black.

White people also buy more cans of soda.
Right, and I was referencing percentages as well for whites vs blacks shot by police.

Should we look at the 23 officers shot to death this year, and run those numbers? Since the population is so heavily weighted one way, it's indeed odd.
Old 09-01-2015, 04:07 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Right, and I was referencing percentages as well for whites vs blacks shot by police.

Should we look at the 23 officers shot to death this year, and run those numbers? Since the population is so heavily weighted one way, it's indeed odd.
Urban blacks' predisposition to poverty ---> Crime ----> Violence

Not really that odd.

June 2015: When Love Became Legal For All in America <3 #FEELTHEBERN
Addison is offline   Reply With Quote