Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqu images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2008, 02:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Interesting Ebay article

Discusses how Ebay is leaning towards fixed price auctions as opposed to the traditional auction style format:

Auctions on eBay: A Dying Breed - Yahoo! News
rudyjustinfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 02:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
ND3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjustinfarrell View Post
Discusses how Ebay is leaning towards fixed price auctions as opposed to the traditional auction style format:

Auctions on eBay: A Dying Breed - Yahoo! News
Just saw this come across my Bloomberg terminal. Started nosing through it. Buyers don't seem to want to fight it out auction style for a small discount rather then buying retail.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:50 PM   #3 (permalink)

Some of the stuff is ending rediculously. a few of the same cards go for $16-$19 one day then $25-$33 the next day.

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 04:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjunkie99 View Post
Some of the stuff is ending rediculously. a few of the same cards go for $16-$19 one day then $25-$33 the next day.
always gonna be this way. You have most people that will only pay say $25-$35 for a card BV @ 50 then you'll have people who are really collectors of that player who will pay the $50 BV. It's always going to be whatever it's worth to a particular person and there willing to pay thats what it will go for in reason. You won't see a autographed card (not patch) go for $50 one day and 150 the next. I think we will always see cards go in a range of 10-40% of each other. So a $100 card BV or A card that has been sold a few times. Could sell anywhere from say $50-$120 within a few weeks of each other. You will always have more sales in the same range say within $10 of each other so the card selling for $19 today and then $30 2 days from know isn't a suprise

Last edited by ebacardi2; 06-03-2008 at 04:04 PM.
ebacardi2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 05:46 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to ceczerwonka Send a message via Yahoo to ceczerwonka

It also depends on the seller. I know when I first started and had low feedback most of my cards sold lower than others that I saw. Now mine sell for about the same as most and sometimes higher.
ceczerwonka is offline   Reply With Quote