Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2008, 08:29 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Surprise mail day (UD)

Forgot that awhile back I had written a letter to UD complaining about missing "hits". Got a FedEx package this afternoon and this is what they sent:

P.S. Thanks UD
Attached Thumbnails
Surprise mail day (UD)-07-ud-spa-fb-garett-wolfe-auto-jsy-rc-419.jpg   Surprise mail day (UD)-07-ud-ultimate-robert-meachem-dual-jsy-rc.jpg  
rudyjustinfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 08:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Not bad
Old 06-04-2008, 09:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

RJf,

Are you going to be throwing the wolfe up on the bay? If so let me know please. Or let me know what your looking to get out of it in $ or trade. Thanks wyomedina. If it is for PC then disregard.
wyomedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 09:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
ND3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjustinfarrell View Post
Forgot that awhile back I had written a letter to UD complaining about missing "hits". Got a FedEx package this afternoon and this is what they sent:

P.S. Thanks UD
Nice care package. Amazing the power of the pen
Old 06-04-2008, 09:32 PM   #5 (permalink)

I didn't know I could do that! I was shorted hits on 07-08 Game used Basketball.. Any tips?

Low-End Kobe and Kevin Durant autos.
Topps Signature Autographs that I don't have (CP3, Dennis Rodman, Ray Allen, Eric Gordon, Russel Westbrook)
deuxmachinax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 09:40 PM   #6 (permalink)

Contact Customer Service (I usually write a letter) and see what they say. Usually you will need a receipt, UPC from the box and the opened pack wrappers. Here is the link on the UD website for DAMAGED CARDS. If you bought boxes from BLOWOUT Chris or Pat will usually e-mail you a receipt.

The Upper Deck Company: Customer Service
Old 06-04-2008, 09:46 PM   #7 (permalink)

Are handwritten letters usually better? I didn't buy it from blowout, I wasn't a member then.. Luckily I still have the box and wrappers I think!

Also had a card damaged straight from the box out of a group break (on a forum I used to go to) I wonder if they'll help with that as well.

Topps Signature Autographs that I don't have (CP3, Dennis Rodman, Ray Allen, Eric Gordon, Russel Westbrook)
Old 06-04-2008, 09:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
ND3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjustinfarrell View Post
Contact Customer Service (I usually write a letter) and see what they say. Usually you will need a receipt, UPC from the box and the opened pack wrappers. Here is the link on the UD website for DAMAGED CARDS. If you bought boxes from BLOWOUT Chris or Pat will usually e-mail you a receipt.

The Upper Deck Company: Customer Service
RJF sent a wrapper from a pack of topps finest with a damaged Drew Tate (yippee!) auto to Topps. Just got it back today. Topps rejected it but did put a sticker on the letter saying 1 time courtesy replacement. Highlighting in yellow they need the wrapper, receipt and upc from the box for replacements. Guess that goes for shorted hits as well.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:56 PM   #9 (permalink)

Deux, call Customer Service and see what they say. They might be sticklers about receipt, wrappers, UPC etc... it covers their butt. But, better for them to say no than for you to say nothing at all.

ND3, Topps is pretty good about that stuff. I've only had 1 instance where they just returned my scratched auto rc back w/ a "sorry" letter and no replacements.

It was either last year, or the year before that card companies started to tighten up on their regulations about replacing damaged cards or sending out missing "hits". People were buying dinged, smudged auto cards (or any new high dollar cards) on the cheap from Ebay and sending them in to the company claiming it was "pack pulled" and they wanted either a new GEM MINT card or fair trade value. They were losing money big time so they clamped down.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:57 PM   #10 (permalink)

Damn.. I should've known about this lol I don't have receipts or anything, but some boxes are still lying around because I usually leave the base cards in there. Doubt about the wrappers too.. At least I know next time. I'll write them anyway!

Old 06-04-2008, 10:38 PM   #11 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

I agree. I'm a big stickler for box hits. If you claim a box is guaranteed something, then by golly it should be there or your bordering on false advertisement. Topps has taken a hammering from me this past year. I couldn't get a letter to them fast enough after I opened the Topps TX after they changed the presale info so badly. Then with basketball my jumbo case didnt have either case hit. But they've always honored everything and generally in a very timely fashion. Donruss has always been good as well (but much slower). UD is UD, and while they do a decent job they're slow....but I've yet to not have a claim honored. While I've never gotten anything "golden" back, I've gotten a few decent cards. I used to hand write my letters, but think a typed letter works better for me as I can easily keep a copy on my computer (giving me a good idea on the date I sumbitted it), but have always included box upc's, box topps (in case it has a serial numbering stamp on it), case UPC. and wrappers. If its from Chris, i normally include a copy of my paypal receipt.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:45 PM   #12 (permalink)

I got an email from UD about a case of 07 spa football I bought from Blowout where I was shorted an auto in all 12 boxes. The email said that there was a comp. package in the mail for me!! Probably an oldfaithful Johnnie Lee Higgins!!!
miller45452003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 07:30 AM   #13 (permalink)

Cool. I've seen UD bone guys, and then I've seen them send some nice stuff. Post any hits when you get your care package miller.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:39 AM   #14 (permalink)

I'm sending out a letter today, along with a UPC and some damaged stuff from Artifacts. I think i have the receipt from blowout. Hopefully they respond!