Blowout Cards Forums
ebay event 8.25.14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > BLOWOUTS Fantasy Football League > Other Fantasy League

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2008, 10:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Favre vs NE or Mcnabb vs Big D

Leaning towards Mcnabb against the Cowboys. Ne D still pretty good....

waiting to see Favre get comfortable... but I think I got a steal late in Mcnabb
DadofTwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:47 PM   #2 (permalink)

I'd take McNabb vs. Dallas, I think they are overrated and the birds appear to be on a mission this year.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:32 PM   #3 (permalink)

i disagree i would take favre because he still has alot to prove and he will sling it all over the field. NE D is old. I think Dallas has a great D alot of talent in the DB's
Old 09-10-2008, 11:31 PM   #4 (permalink)

Someone tell me why people were gushing about that GARBAGE pass that Stuckey pulled out of the air to save Favre's rear last week ? I like Favre BUT please give me a break as that play was more rookie mistake then HOF calibur QB. He just got very lucky. NE will pressure him into mistakes and a healthy McNabb will expose Roy Williams' complete lack of coverage skills once again. Not saying the Eagles win but McNabb is a better option then Favre just about every week this year. I still think Favre won't last the year healthy.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 12:28 AM   #5 (permalink)

This is coming from a Cowboys fan who sadly lives in eagle territory. Start Mcnabb, especially if Terence Newman doesn't play. Unfortunately Mcnabb has had some of his best games in Dallas. Pacman looked like a guy who had a year off against cleveland. Cowboys got lucky with a few edwards dropped passes last week. Don't get me started about Roy Williams coverage skills.

I still think Dallas will win, but the eagles will score some points.

Favre had a pretty good game against a lousy miami defense. New England is a much tougher test.
Chops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 11:08 AM   #6 (permalink)

OK- Here's a good one......

Mcnabb vs Dallas or Romo VS Philly--- these are the 2 Qb's I have in my Espn.com League
DadofTwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 11:11 AM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Not knowing everything about the Eagles D, I'd say start McNabb as I think they'll be passing closer to the 60% mark in the games. We know Dallas can run in they need to. Romo will probably give you more consistent numbers week to week, but I think his weekly numbers will be lower. Both stand to get extra points if the reciever can get someone to miss or someone gets behind the D.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:12 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
Someone tell me why people were gushing about that GARBAGE pass that Stuckey pulled out of the air to save Favre's rear last week ? I like Favre BUT please give me a break as that play was more rookie mistake then HOF calibur QB. He just got very lucky. NE will pressure him into mistakes and a healthy McNabb will expose Roy Williams' complete lack of coverage skills once again. Not saying the Eagles win but McNabb is a better option then Favre just about every week this year. I still think Favre won't last the year healthy.
Totally agree with the heathly point. Just wait until the Bills D is done with him! NE's D might be old, but they are smart. I would take McNabb this week.