Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > BLOWOUTS Fantasy Football League > Other Fantasy League

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2011, 10:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2
Default So where are my holes :)

Picked # 3..think I did pretty well. Standard Fantasy Scoring (ESPN), 10 teams, head to head. Have Flex RB/WR and Plan to run three RB's unless matches are very favorable for an Extra WR.

Where do you forsee my holes at? I do have really high hopes for the Lions this year on Defense and think this could be a solid sleeper pick (think it was 10th round). If it fails, Confident the Falcons wont loose me any games either. TE I feel is a crap shoot. Did miss out on a great sleeper pick in NO, but oh well.

Starters:

Tom Brady, NE QB
Ray Rice, Bal RB
Peyton Hillis, Cle RB
Ryan Mathews, SD RB
Marques Colston, NO WR
Anquan Boldin, Bal WR
Greg Olsen, Car
Lions D/ST D/ST
Josh Brown, StL K

Bench:

Jahvid Best, Det RB
Ryan Grant, GB RB
Joe Flacco, Bal QB
Braylon Edwards, SF WR
Plaxico Burress, NYJ WR
Falcons D/ST D/ST
Michael Crabtree*, SF WR
Old 08-16-2011, 10:09 PM   #2 (permalink)

TE could be rough when he has the worst QB combo in the league throwing to him.
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:14 PM   #3 (permalink)

I like your team a lot, but I think your depth at WR might hurt you. Your bench guys are all question marks.
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
I like your team a lot, but I think your depth at WR might hurt you. Your bench guys are all question marks.
Best and Flacco are good, Plax would probably be more useful as a trade chip if he has one decent game
Old 08-16-2011, 10:27 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

I figure Plax, Crab, and Braylon are all trade chips. I really like Crab if he's healthy. If Braylon brings his A game...its a great combo on paper. Plax has everything to gain and nothing to loose, and is a huge red zone target.

I figured Best and Grant to be great bye week fill ins, but also have lots of potential there depending on the matchups, as I figure one of my work horses will get hurt at some point.

TE was a toss up and really outside of Gates and/or Gonzales, you really dont get much consistent numbers from a tight end spot (double digit). Typically my kicker ends up out scoring the TE's. But I figured Olsen could be a great dump off. Quick short yards add up over awhile and granted only one week in, but sure seemed to be targeted quite a bit. Gotta love short throws for rookies
Old 08-16-2011, 10:29 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
I figure Plax, Crab, and Braylon are all trade chips. I really like Crab if he's healthy. If Braylon brings his A game...its a great combo on paper. Plax has everything to gain and nothing to loose, and is a huge red zone target.

I figured Best and Grant to be great bye week fill ins, but also have lots of potential there depending on the matchups, as I figure one of my work horses will get hurt at some point.

TE was a toss up and really outside of Gates and/or Gonzales, you really dont get much consistent numbers from a tight end spot (double digit). Typically my kicker ends up out scoring the TE's. But I figured Olsen could be a great dump off. Quick short yards add up over awhile and granted only one week in, but sure seemed to be targeted quite a bit. Gotta love short throws for rookies
Finley seems like a good shot and probably Shaincoe, and the Pats TE's are pretty good
Old 08-17-2011, 09:10 AM   #7 (permalink)

I don't like any of those WR's, but the rest looks great

Collecting Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics, Bruins.
Cades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 07:52 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
TE could be rough when he has the worst QB combo in the league throwing to him.
Olsen will surprise you this season, Nathan. I know he doesn't have the best QBs throwing his way but he will still put up solid fantasty points.
ManInTheMirror is offline   Reply With Quote