Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > BLOWOUTS Fantasy Football League > Other Fantasy League

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2012, 09:55 AM   #51 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to SethMurphy

buy in my opinion is $25 minimum, maybe $50

if we want we can do an offline draft on here, and then just let trouts input the rosters when we are done, a 25-man offline draft would definitely be done before the season starts in like 7 weeks i would think.

and just so i am clear we will draft 21 rounds of active major leaguers, then we will draft 4 rounds of minor leaguers (guys not on ML rosters), or are we able to draft minor leaguers at any point in the draft --- i think this needs to be clearly defined in the rules so that people aren't drafting Bryce Harper, Gerrit Cole, Anthony Rendon and such in the 3rd and 4th rounds way ahead of everyone else's expectations

PCs - Cito Culver, Ryan Callahan, Ryan Nassib college uni, Prince Amukamara autos #/25 or less, Eli Manning autos, Richter/Messier/Leetch
SethMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:22 AM   #52 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to trouts2

Due to the long season, I say we can do $40 for the year. $40x16 teams = $640. To make it more fun, we can have a weekly winner of $10 for the team that gets the highest score that week. We can also have a regular season prize each for highest total points scored and best record, maybe $50 to each. There are 20 weeks in the regular season, making $340 ($640 - 200 for weekly prize - 100 for the 2 season end prizes) left for the playoffs. 3rd place takes $50, 2nd place takes $90, 1st place take $200? I would prefer our payments be mailed out in check form to me so I dont accrue paypal fees or have that total added to my yearly $20,000

Also, I think it'd be a good idea to do an offline draft on the boards and then I can input the players to the teams. Once I get a majority of the payments, then I'll do a random and we can get started.

As for the minor league players, you can ONLY draft them starting at round 22 for the draft (22-25 for 4 total minor league players). This way the team that had the 16th overall pick will have 1st overall minor league pick. This makes it fair for all.
trouts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 01:38 AM   #53 (permalink)

What is the determining factor for minor leaguers?? Like are you counting matt moore as a minor league/prospect b/c he has only pitched like 10 innings in the MLB?? Trout b/c he has only 123 AB instead of 130, so he could still qualify for ROY. Much easier, to avoid confusion, to be able to draft whoever/wherever in my opinion. Harder to draft because you have to pick the right spots to pick up the young guys, while passing over proven veterans. If you want to do it the way you said, you are going to have to come up with a list of players(or ground rules) that can't be drafted before the 22nd round.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:21 PM   #54 (permalink)

I like the idea of drafting on the board. Being a draft junkie, I'd love to have this process stretched out as long as possible .

As for the minor league eiligibility, has ESPN posted their draft sheet? We could go by them to avoid confusion or disagreements though we could run into the problem if say Trout doesn't make the opening day roster.

*edit* just checked ESPN and they're listing Moore and Trout on their draft rankings.

Last edited by YanksBillsFan; 02-12-2012 at 12:26 PM.
YanksBillsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:32 PM   #55 (permalink)

I think it should just be 1 draft, 25 rounds, draft minors anywhere you want. If someone wants to spend, say a first round pick on Harper, that is their prerogative.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:31 PM   #56 (permalink)

What we can do is draft anyone that EPSN has listed in their draft rankings ONLY for our first 21 rounds. Then be able to draft minor league players after that?
Old 02-13-2012, 01:13 AM   #57 (permalink)

i would need a good list of who's a minor's prospect with projections and who isn't, i don't have ESPN Insider, I'm good for the regular draft, that I can figure out, it's just those 4 minor spots

are there any other sites that list the good grabs for dynasty leagues?

PCs - Cito Culver, Ryan Callahan, Ryan Nassib college uni, Prince Amukamara autos #/25 or less, Eli Manning autos, Richter/Messier/Leetch
Old 02-13-2012, 09:11 PM   #58 (permalink)

the original post is being updated as payments slowly come in. Please if you haven't already, get the payments into me as soon as you can so I can random and get the draft going
Old 02-13-2012, 09:12 PM   #59 (permalink)

it will be friday before i can pay when i get paid i thought idea was to keep under 20 bucks.. really didnt wanna spend 40 but no way im leaving now lol. ill pay friday when i get paid
thanks
JDK16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:14 PM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethMurphy View Post
i would need a good list of who's a minor's prospect with projections and who isn't, i don't have ESPN Insider, I'm good for the regular draft, that I can figure out, it's just those 4 minor spots

are there any other sites that list the good grabs for dynasty leagues?

I can post up the list that ESPN provides for their regular draft to give people an idea of whats what. In terms of the minor draft, you can probably just go off of a top 100 list provided out there.

A question to be answer is whether or not guys like Mike Trout or Matt Moore be considered a minor league prospect or a regular team starter. Both guys have not met their major league minimums to not be deemed a prospect so I guess that means they are still considered minor leagues and cannot be draft until our minor league draft? I'd like to hear opinions. I think these are the only 2 guys in this category (that are worth taking early that is). Other guys like Brett Lawrie, hosmer, ackley are all considered major league veterans now
Old 02-13-2012, 11:18 PM   #61 (permalink)

any spots? if not my league is available for people to join
The_Vinman_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:13 AM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trouts2 View Post
A question to be answer is whether or not guys like Mike Trout or Matt Moore be considered a minor league prospect or a regular team starter. Both guys have not met their major league minimums to not be deemed a prospect so I guess that means they are still considered minor leagues and cannot be draft until our minor league draft? I'd like to hear opinions. I think these are the only 2 guys in this category (that are worth taking early that is). Other guys like Brett Lawrie, hosmer, ackley are all considered major league veterans now
I still say let it ride at 25 rounds, people can take minors whenever they want, this is a Dynasty keeper league.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:46 AM   #63 (permalink)

I like dab282's idea of incorporating all players into one draft instead of a side draft for MiLBers. Adds another element to everyone's draft strategy.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:07 AM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YanksBillsFan View Post
I like dab282's idea of incorporating all players into one draft instead of a side draft for MiLBers. Adds another element to everyone's draft strategy.
That would be fine with me as long as you have a maximum of 4 minor league players on your team.

Also, just a reminder to everyone who has NOT yet paid to please get in your league fees. Payments are due by Friday evening at 11pm eastern. I'll be sending out reminder emails to those who have not yet paid.

Once all payments are received, I'll create a video for randoming the draft order. It'll be a 25 round draft that we can do right here on the boards. I'll probably just create another thread for our draft with a draft board and such. I think it's just the easiest to draft whoever you want whenever you want. Only rules are that you can only have a maximum of 4 minor league players (to prevent hoarding of prospects). Remember, this is a DYNASTY league meaning you keep all your players throughout each season so make sure you make smart draft picks accordingly to these rules. Check out the main page for the league for prize payouts.

Thanks guys, I'm looking forward to this season

Last edited by trouts2; 02-15-2012 at 02:17 AM.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:09 AM   #65 (permalink)

So we can keep as many players as we want for as long as we want? Just wanted to make sure since I've been part of dynasty leagues with keeper and year caps.

Also my team name is Masterson of my Domain if you want to update page 1.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:22 PM   #66 (permalink)

I don't think we can keep ALL players. Keep all 4 minors, yes, but if we keep everyone there will never be another draft, at most, keep the same number of players we start, but I think it would be better with 7-10 keepers of MLB players. If someone has a bad draft or their team falls apart they will not want to play next year and it will be very hard to get someone to take a over terrible team that they have to pay for.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:06 PM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab282 View Post
I don't think we can keep ALL players. Keep all 4 minors, yes, but if we keep everyone there will never be another draft, at most, keep the same number of players we start, but I think it would be better with 7-10 keepers of MLB players. If someone has a bad draft or their team falls apart they will not want to play next year and it will be very hard to get someone to take a over terrible team that they have to pay for.
This is why I had to ask. I'm in an unlimited keeper league and the bad teams have been bad for numerous years. It got to a point where so many guys dropped out because they were out of it before the season started. Keeper cap was set in place and parity followed soon after. I've always been a fan that around 35-30% of your roster is kept.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:42 PM   #68 (permalink)

You guys bring up some good points. I'd be ok with keeping like 8 players plus 4 minor league prospects. So that's 12 total keepers per season. What do you guys think about that?
Old 02-15-2012, 10:42 PM   #69 (permalink)

i prefer 5-6 keepers, + the 4 minor leaguers. everyone will probably say something different but thats what I would like. like somebody said about keeping everybody, you get up to 8-10 keeper range, somebody drafts horrible, leaves league, then its tough to find somebody to take over the team. I currently have 7 leagues, all 4-6 keepers.

couchmanagers.com is a great website for slow drafts. it would be easier to follow the draft and easier uploading the rosters for you.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:02 PM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindros810 View Post
i prefer 5-6 keepers, + the 4 minor leaguers. everyone will probably say something different but thats what I would like. like somebody said about keeping everybody, you get up to 8-10 keeper range, somebody drafts horrible, leaves league, then its tough to find somebody to take over the team. I currently have 7 leagues, all 4-6 keepers.

couchmanagers.com is a great website for slow drafts. it would be easier to follow the draft and easier uploading the rosters for you.
I just got done announcing my 5 keepers in another league today. I'd be down with 9 players kept total . Considering how big the league is, any more and we severely water down the talent pool seeing that arguably the top 80 MLB players will already be gone before the draft.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:56 PM   #71 (permalink)

payment has been sent. I might not be active during the ongoing discussions but I just want you guys to know that I am ok with whatever the majority decides.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:50 PM   #72 (permalink)

just a reminder that payments are due tomorrow evening at 11pm eastern time. Please get them in or PM me as soon as you can. thanks
Old 02-17-2012, 09:44 AM   #73 (permalink)

Payment will be made tonight by the deadline.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:57 AM   #74 (permalink)

payment sent
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:52 PM   #75 (permalink)

payment has been made